Query Access 97 from Excel 97

Not sure whether to post this under Excel or Access (I
will try both)...

I am trying to query an Access 97 database from Excel 97
by selecting:

Data -> Get External Data -> Create New Query

From the Query Wizard, I am able to see the tables within
the database, but not the fields.  I am assuming it must
be a permissions problem.  I have given the Users group
Open/Run permissions to the database, and I have given the
same group Read Data & Read Design to the tables.  Any
ideas would be greatly appreciated...
0
anonymous (74722)

I am no expert but when I try a query, in the way you
explained, it works without any problems.

You said the tables are visible, did you expand the table
by clicking on the + symbol?

Charlie

0
anonymous (74722)

Access 97 can't resize database window

How to link with an Access DB
Hi, I have an Acces DB with many tables. I need to choose the name of a customer in a cell of Excel. For example, in acces I have this tables: Table1 Id Name Last Name City I need to choose the last name from a drop down menu in a spreadsheet and then in other cell I need to put all the data regarding the last name that I choose. I hope to be exaustive, and sorry for my english. :-) Many Thanks Stefano ...

Excel 97 Win XP calc problem?

How do I create a sample in Excel?

[Access 2007] How to edit custom menubar created in Access2003?
Hello, This is my first post to this server, Hello everyone. We're working on a database created by my collegue in MS Access 2003. Since some time we've moved to MS Access 2007. Now we find problems editing the menubar. Each time we want to remove/add/alter a menu item my collegue goes to his MS Access 2003 and changes a menu. In 2007 the full menubar is visible under Add-Ins ribbon menu. Normally there should be a system table USysRibbon, but it is not there. There are only MSys* objects. How can we change the menubar directly in MS Access 2007? Is that possible at al...

Date display in Excel

Excel and some disappeared sheets

users with restricted access

Access 97/2000/2003 comparisons

Using later version of microsoft access

Queries and Charts

Pass parameter from FORM to QUERY

no access to send internet email

Changing query execution sequence

Excel 2007 PC damages Mac Excel 2008 Files

Excel error 1706

Using ajax call to fetch multiple results from multiple queries and showing them 1 by 1 as the results comes.
Hello, I've 20 labels in a 2x10 table on a page. for each label, data comes by individual queries. (total 20 queries for the page.) and it takes about 30-40 seconds for the page to load, and it's not comfortable for the user to see blank page. I want that each cell will show loading.gif images. As and when data comes from query, the images should go visible=false, and the label should display the values one by one. How do I do this task using ajax? Some ASP.NET code example will be helpful for me, as I'm a kind of beginner. Thanks ...