QIF file?

need to convert excel to qif.  XP's causing trouble!

0
anonymous (74722)

What are you using to convert it? Importing it in Quicken?

--

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"Maura" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> need to convert excel to qif.  XP's causing trouble!

0
terre081 (3244)
11/14/2003 11:33:06 PM
Something that looks good to me follows,  of course both Quicken and
MS Money are trying to get people financial institutions away from QIF  files
and into proprietory formats so everyone has to buy their software to transfer data.

QIF - Quicken Interchange File used by Quicken and MS Money:

XL2QIF conversion of an Excel speadsheet to QIF file.  Converts bank
statement or credit card statement information.  Site has links for related
utilities.   When the addin is active there is a new menu "Money" added
with submenus XL2QIF to create a QIF file (Save to QIF) and an item to
import a QIF file (Load from QIF).
---
HTH,

> "Maura" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote...
> > need to convert excel to qif.  XP's causing trouble!

0
dmcritchie (2586)
11/14/2003 11:50:40 PM
yes trying to import into quicken 2001

0
anonymous (74722)
11/15/2003 12:25:51 AM
I don't have 'Monde' so where do i get the converter, and
will xp let me use it?

Nov. 2001]
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/search.htm

>> "Maura" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote...
>> > need to convert excel to qif.  XP's causing trouble!
>

>.

0
anonymous (74722)
11/15/2003 12:34:16 AM
Hi Maura,  (sometimes  include Email copy if I made a mistake)
Sorry left out the link,  I copied it from my
  Stocks, Quotes and keeping track of
  http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/stocks.htm

the link I forgot to include in plain text is
  XL2QIF - Excel to QIF data conversion for Money & Quicken
 http://xl2qif.chez.tiscali.fr/xl2qif_en.php

HTH,

<anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote...
> where do i get the converter, and  will xp let me use it?

0
dmcritchie (2586)

Storing HTML in an XML file and rendering it in the browser...
So I am quite upset that after working for a few hours on getting an XML file format and XSL file that formats the XML data appropriatly, only to find that if you store HTML code in your XML file (even in a CDATA block), after the XML file is rendered, the HTML that was stored in the XML file is not rendered, essentially put into the page as if it had <pre> tags around it. I know that someone is going to yell at me and say that the XML file should only contain the content of the page, and that the formatting should be done by the XSL, but I have a particluar use case for this. Essential...

PDF file creation
Can anyone recommend a third party product that would allow Great Plains Users to print documents in pdf format? Users find pdf files easiest to attach to e-mails, store on network, etc. In a perfect world, user would create PO - choose PDF format and use GP 'send' button to e-mail. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. Only Adobe Acrobat is supported for use with the Send button within GP. Otherwise, there are a bunch of cheap PDF creator tools (CutePDF, PDF995, and others) that will create printers in Windows. The user has to remember to select that pri...

How to import .pst files into outlook 07
I need help to import my 2003 outlook data files into 2007 outlook. thanks From: "drbunk" <drbunk@discussions.microsoft.com> | I need help to import my 2003 outlook data files into 2007 outlook. thanks file --> open --> outlook data file -- Dave http://www.claymania.com/removal-trojan-adware.html Multi-AV - http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp You don't import PST files unless you want to lose some of the data they contain. You open them. Here are the instructions: File > Open > Outlook Data File... -- Russ Valentine "d...

How do I use the thumbnail view to re-order pages in a doc file?
PDF file pages in most readers can be re-ordered using the thumbnail layout by simple dragging up or down. I cannot figure out how this might be done in MSWord's thumbnail view equivalent with doc files, nor does there seem to be any information available in Help. Can this be done at all - and if so, how? Word doesn't really have "pages." One thing you could do is start each page with a heading set to "page break before," then go to Outline View, collapse the headings to that level, and drag the visible headings up or down. On Jun 5, 5:47=A0pm, sgodl...

File is locked for editing message
I have excell 2007 and when I try to open a non shared file I created in my network share I get a message that the file is locked for editing. I have ownership of that share and I see no reason why this would come up. Is this an excel issue that can be fixed? Thanks Carl -- When you open a workbook in Excel a temporary copy is created. When you close the workbook the temporary file should be deleted. At times your OS does not do its job and the temp file is left open. This will give you the "locked for editing" message. It is usually necessary to re-boot to clear it o...

File .mkv with WMP 12 in Windows 7
Hi, I can't open files in HD mkv (720p) with Windows Media Player 12 in Windows 7. I installed the latest codec pack (K-Lite Full 5.5.3) it worked in Vista just a week ago and now the same files can't be opened in Windows 7. Strange thing is that it perfectly open .TS file in 1080p.. i can't understand.. Can Someone Help me? Thanks On Wed, 23 Dec 2009 21:21:02 -0800, Francesco <Francesco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I can't open files in HD mkv (720p) with Windows Media Player 12 in = Windows 7. > I installed the latest codec pack (K-Lite Ful...

Splitting a workbook's sheets into seperate files
I have a workbook with several spreadsheets in it, how do I quickl seperate these sheets into seperate files -- Turnipbo ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Turnipboy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2452 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=47779 I think the only way, is programing it with vba. I suggest using "For Each" statement to scroll through all sheets in a given workbook, and within the "For" creating a new workbook (using "Add" statement),...

USB mass storage device asynchronous file change notification
Hello, A challenge: I have a (RAM) disk, which is exposed as a USB mass storage device. Therefore, the desktop computer accesses my disk as a SCSI block device. Also, I mounted the same disk using the FATFS and I can see files under WinCE, which have been just copied over USB from the desktop. So far, so good. Now: if I create a file under WinCE, the desktop computer does not notice and I can wait forever. When I unplug and plug-in the USB again, I can see the file created before under WinCE. Is there a sort of SCSI asynchronous file change notification? If so, is there any exam...

IE 7 Won't Export a .csv File...
I access a website that gives me the option to export a report to a csv file. Clicking on the link brings up a dialog box asking me to confirm my choice of using excel - I click OK and, the box goes away and the request just dies - excel does not launch. I have disabled pop up blocking so that should not be an issue. This always worked in FireFox 2 and never in in IE7. It does not work in Firefox 3. Any ideas? Thanks, Lou ...

publisher file print problem
I have WindowsXP Pro on a hp laptop. I print to a hp psc1315 all in one printer. When I try to print from Office 2003, mostly publisher, I cannot print, and it hangs my computer. I have tried going to HP and installing the latest driver, and it still happens I have upgraded my Ram memory to 1 GB and it still happens. The files are large, is there something I'm missing? I've been through HP assisted support, and Microsoft assisted support, and still have the problem? HP does have a support document that explains how to free up resources. HP All-in-One Product Family - How to Increa...

linking picture files to excel
I want to link from excel back to a collection of jpeg pictures. If I create a link to a file and then click on the picture, the picture opens in a picture viewer, which acieves what I want. However if I want to save the file (& picture collection) to CD to forward to another user or view on alternative computer I lose the link and picture cannot be found. How can I save the link? Just a guess. What if you put both fileds into my breifcase & then transfer Cheers peterm "machutch" wrote: > I want to link from excel back to a collection of jpeg pictures. If I creat...

Excel updating from XML file
I'm having a littl edifficulty getting Excel to dynamically update from an XML file. The XML file is generated from a program and I would like the Excel file to dynamically update. Problem is that the location of the XML and Excel file can change, that is they can be anywhere on a hard drive but both are in the same directory. The mapping of the XML file in Excel appears to be a complete file path C:/data/report/.... but the location could change. They could be in C:/data/report/run1 or run2, I don't want to have to re-map each time a report is generated. Ideally I would like t...

save file
Hi, I've got a problem in my code I've written below. The loop works for the first, third and fourth graphic: that is, it saves them. But it doesn't save the second graph. I've put a "pause" at the start and at the end of the loop, but I haven't solved the problem.. Any suggestion very appreciated! '----------------------------------------------------- Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() Dim i As Integer Dim a As Range Dim b As Integer Set a = Range("C10:C13") Dim PauseTime, Start, Finish, TotalTime b = a.Rows.Count For i = 1 To b PauseTi...

How to create a help file
Could someone please tell me the best way to create a help file that can be used in a VBA procedure within a msgbox or inputBox? I don't know how to begin this process at all so full instructions would be great. Thank you, Rob If you're not interested in becoming an HTML/CHM author, you may want to look at John Walkenbach's technique. http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/tips/tip51.htm (Remember that the only person who actually reads the help is the author <vbg>.) rob nobel wrote: > > Could someone please tell me the best way to create a help file that can be > used in...

File paths (UNC, mapped drives, etc.) in a client-server environment, how to?
Hi, I have an app that needs to run in a client-server environment. That is, the app (MFC native) is installed on multiple workstations and accesses a database on a 'server'. The app stores media file paths (video, audio, images, etc.) in the database. These files need to be played on any workstation running the app as well as on the server. In addition, I also have a Web app (asp.net 3.5) that needs to access the media files and display them in a Web page. The app was initially designed to work on a single computer. I need to make some changes so it could functi...

Windows Help Files
Is there a program I can use to create Windows (XP) type help files, so that the entire document consists of a single file. Hagar wrote: > Is there a program I can use to create Windows (XP) type > help files, so that the entire document consists of a single file. Looked into what it is you are trying to create (seemingly)? http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms670169(VS.85).aspx -- Shenan Stanley MS-MVP -- How To Ask Questions The Smart Way http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html Hagar wrote: > Is there a program I can use to create ...

log memory usage of an exe into a file
Hello NG, do you know a programme that can log the memory usage by an executable into a file? Background: We have a programme that reloads an Access database every 5 minutes. The memory usage increases. It seems as if the old data is not correctly freed. Restarting the programme makes the memory usage normal. But after two or three days the memory of Windows XP is full. Now I want to log the memory usage automatically to inform the manufacturer. Thanks for hints, Guido "Guido Franzke" <guidof73@yahoo.de> wrote in message news:OfYCpE03HHA.4476@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... >...

Can'f find file GWXL97.xla
I have Excel 97 installed in Windows 95. I recently uninstalled many programs to clean up my drive. I suspect that the above file was deleted in the process. It is not in my Trash Bin because I cleaned out that bin. I lost my installation CD in the process of moving across the country. I don't know how to get that file, particulary since Microsoft no longer supports and programs in Office 97 If you have a suggestion, please respond Thanks This is the add-in for Novel Groupwise. It sounds like it was removed from your computer without first removing it from the list of installed add...

Customize .qrp files and Purchase Order Screen
Hi, I was recently assigned as the technical advisor for a small business using Microsoft RMS. I have no background with this software, nor anything similar to it. I am a mechanical engineer doing a favor for an old boss and want to set him in the right direction. Essentially, here is what I want to do: 1) I would like to modify the Item Movement History report to include cost data. From my understanding, I need to modify the qrp file to get this data. However, I do not know SQL nor really have the time to. I tried comparing the Item Movement Report with the Item Movement History...

read file from excel
hi, i am triyng to read from excel file when i run the program i get error: "user defined type not defined" Private Sub import_data_Click() Dim xlApp As Excel.Application Dim xlSht As Excel.Worksheet Dim xlRng As Excel.Range thanks. hi, SIN wrore: > i am triyng to read from excel file when i run the program i get error: > "user defined type not defined" > Dim xlApp As Excel.Application You need to set a reference to the Excel Library as you are using early binding, so that the compiler can work type safe with these objects. In the release version you should ...

user account rename ..not being resolved correct on file server
This is truly weird. HaS anyone seen this before.. A User account was renamed cosbor -> cmcdon yesterday. User directory ACL shows cosbor old account, I remove and re-add as cmcdon,hit apply on directory still comes up as cosbor . If I do the same add the user account to a directory a different server it works correctly comes up as cmcdon. It seems if I apply it anywhere on this file server is reverts back to the old account name.I was think DNS but checked and DNS setting is point to the same DC on all file servers. I am puzzled . With the exception of a server reboot I ...

Charting from a csv. file
I need some help trying to figure out a way to do a chart from a file that saves as csv. See a program saves measurements as a comma-delimited file and I would like to pull the data, date and time from the file and chart it how can I do this? Open the file in Excel, save it as a regular Excel workbook, and make your chart in the workbook. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/ _______ "Brandon" <Brandon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8D8E0CC6-07F4-46E4-9D2C-B78E38F4A252@micros...

File Drop, Windows 7 x64
Hello, With VS 2008 on Windows 7 x64, I can't debug a simple file drop on an empty form. No events are fired. If I execute the exe outside VS, it works. Anyone can confirm this ? Is there a way I don't know to debug this ? Thanks. -- Fred foleide@free.fr "Fred" <foleide@free.fr.invalid> a �crit dans le message de groupe de discussion : 7158DDFA-D357-416C-9A92-C6EC52AD7F6B@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > With VS 2008 on Windows 7 x64, I can't debug a simple file drop on an > empty form. > No events are fired. > If I ex...

Re: 8gb of files in temp pbd####.tmp
I deleted all temporary files that are used by TM Security Server Master (ofcservice). Here is a step-by-step how-to: http://esupport.trendmicro.com/6/The-ClientServer-Security-Agents-au_dataau_temp-folder-contains-severa.aspx -- prembev ------------------------------------------------------------------------ prembev's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/222229.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/windows-server-help/1263093.htm http://forums.techarena.in ...

Finding last accessed point of time to a list of files
Hey guys This is a "funny" one In my folder "FILES" there are lots of files.I want to check which files beeing used within a period of time (speaking of some minutes). Some - not all - of these files are used by another application (some 3D-drawing application). Now I want to check which files beeing used by this application by checking the accessed point of time. I think the application maybe work this way in order to give me some trace to follow. As a final result I will separate (informly) the used files from the not-used files in the application-session...