q re macro and function

Hi All
Can I start a macro in a "IF" Func
e.g

IF ISBLANK(D3), " " , start macro name getweight

i.e
if a certain cell is blank can I use the true response to place a " " (
space chr)
and with the false response can I automatically start
a macro named mymacro?

TIA

0
ftca (2)

or is there a 'onfocus' type command like in access
i.e when the cursor hits a cell , the macro is run then the cursor is
moved to the next cell along ready for input.

TIA

"FTCA" <ftca@bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
> Hi All
> Can I start a macro in a "IF" Func
> e.g
>
> IF ISBLANK(D3), " " , start macro name getweight
>
> i.e
> if a certain cell is blank can I use the true response to place a " " (
> space chr)
> and with the false response can I automatically start
> a macro named mymacro?
>

> TIA

0
ftca (2)

Macro to Protect cells
Total Excel virgin here (and proud of it - LOL). I'm putting together a sheet that will have a lot of cells that a client will enter the values in, and then send to HIS client to fill in the rest. What I need to do, is pull up this sheet, allow my client to fill in the fields he needs to, then run a macro to protect (password or another variant) those cells. As I will know each and every time which cells need to be protected, what would the process be to create this? If someone would at least point me in the right direction, I'd greatly appreciate it. Proud, Cells are protected w...

Nested functions in conditional formatting formulae
I am trying to format a range of cells as a function of cell value compared with other cells. My attempts have failed so far. For e.g.: =OR(ADDRESS(ROW(),COLUMN())=$B$18,ADDRESS(ROW(),COLUMN())=$B$17) =OR(INDIRECT(CONCATENATE("R",(ROW()+1),"C",COLUMN()),FALSE)=B17) I do not wish to write VB code. Thanks in advance for any ideas. Maybe you could post what you are trying to achive it's hard to guess what you are trying to do -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Joseph" <Joseph@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3331CF9E-E84E-44D0-8186-6F9E19DEE2...

Macro file is empty?
I've been trying to record my first-ever macro, but for some reason the macro file is always empty. I go to Tools>Macro>Record, give the file a name, and start performing the tasks (for a test, I simply brought up the Item card and entered an item number to display). I then stop recording (Tools>Macro>Stop Recording). When I edit the .mac file, there's nothing in it. I've tried a few other tasks (as well as using Alt-F8 to start & end the recording process), but I keep ending up with an empty macro file. Where am I going wrong?? -- Bud Cool, Accounting Sys...

quick Q about large numbers
if i was to enter a credit card number in excel it auto formats it to this 1.23412E+15 for this number 1234123412341234 and when i enter it in and format it as a number it makes the last number a 0 ? 1234123412341230 why? how to fix? -- mark petrak ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mark petrak's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26804 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=473146 You need to enter this type of 'number' as text... precede with an apostrophe ( ' ). ...

error after re-creating a mailbox
task 'Microsoft Exchange Server' reported error (0x80070005): 'You don't have appropriate permission to perform this operation' ...

Filling a cell from a Macro
Hello, I want to put a IF formula from a Macro. IE. cell= "=IF(a=b,"yes","no")" However this give an error on the " sign. How to proceed? regards, Just You need to double up on the " marks around the strings yes and no Range("C1").Formula = "=IF(A1=B1,""yes"",""no"")" Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 13 Sep 2007 20:14:59 +0200, "Just Merks" <jvw.merks@hccnet.nl> wrote: >Hello, > >I want to put a IF formula from a Macro. IE. cell= "=IF(a=b,"yes&qu...

Is there an "Execute" worksheet function?
Is there a way I can get Excel to "execute" an expression that is stored in a cell as a test string? Say C4 contains "3+4". Can I put some expression in C5 that will execute that expression and result in "7"? I tried =calculate(C4) and a few other things, but no joy. in the absence of putting = in front of c4, try this =LEFT(C4,FIND("+",C4)-1)+RIGHT(C4,LEN(C4)-FIND("+",C4)) -- Don Guillett Excel MVP SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "LurfysMa" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message news:o5fn83thi0g5tivf55abvhv...

Exchange 2003 function level
Hi, I run SBS 2003 and plan to do the 2008 migration. I noticed my Exchange 2003 function level is mixed mode. I understand I need to rise to native mode prior to the migration. My question is if it is safe to do it? Have everyone seen any problem? what should I concern? Thanks in advance! Lisa Hi Lisa, afaik there have not been any issues with raising the functional levels. But, as always, be sure you have a tested backup before making any changes. - Larry Please post the resolution to your issue so others may benefit - Get Your SBS Health Check at www.sbsbpa...

=?iso-8859-1?Q?lost_email_message_in_=22Outlook_Today=22_folder?=
I accidentally dragged/dropped an email message into the "Outlook Today" (root) folder. It seems to have disappeared.does anyone know how to retrieve it? Thanks ...

Recovering the outlook password from a non functional windows installation HELP !
Already posted: someone can help me ? Hi ! I've a problem: one of our customer bring us his own computer with a non functional windows xp installation for data recovery. This computer have a windows xp SP2 with office 2003. The only one thing we can't recover was the mail pop3 password: the customer can't remember it and we are totally unable to recover ! :( This customer told us that is impossible contact the mail provider and reset the mail password, maybe it's something statal or the mail is overseas. We know this customer from years, and trust him absolutely, we al...

Fill formulas down in macro
I'd like to create a macro that fills a formula down to the final row that has any data. -- Just filling to adjacent cells (e.g. double-clicking on the autofill button) doesn't work because some of the rows don't have data in the cells the formula is looking for. -- I know I can select all the cells below the one I entered the formula in and hit ctrl-D to fill the formula, but I need this macro to be able to run no matter how many rows of data are present. -- I tried filling the fomula all the way past the highest row number I'd ever thought I'd reach but then ...

macro
I have several columns in an income sheet. One column has a sum at the bottom. I want to be able to run a simple macro that will copy the last row of formatted cells, just above the sum total, and insert it as a new row just above the sum total so another line of data can be input. But I want the sum total to sum also the newly inserted row. Presently I can't figure out how to do it. Example A B C 1 24 Oct Dollars In $100 2 25 Oct Dollars out $25 3 Total ...

Excel file with macros involved really bring in danger?
Recently we designed a online questionair for enterpreneurs basing o Excel with macros functions. We workded hard on it and it is almost finished. However, when we invite enterpreneurs to have a try, it came out problem. When they open it online, they are asked to enable macros. As we al experienced, the computers warn them that macros may bring in viruses, then they started to fear and refuse to open it. If they do not use it, our whole work will mean nothing. I want to persuade these enterpreneurs that enabling macros will not b as dangerous as they think. But actually I am not very ...

Re: Office Outlook 2003 won't start.
Tried a reply yesterday, but maybe it got buried. Re=20 posting. (Original message Jan. 23, 4:32 p.m.) Thanks Milly. I don't have an Exchange Server, but this=20 office computer is running through a router using DHCP to=20 get an internal address, but I didn't think that should=20 make any difference. ?? I did try putting in our ISP=20 info as pop3.infoserve.net (that's what they require for=20 incoming) and that didn't work so tried=20 mail.infoserve.net (for outgoing) and it didn't either. =20 But this is (I believe) the first start up (still) and=20 the display wind...

Menu bar Macros
I have 4 macros that I use frequently. I have attached them to my menu bar How do I copy/do something so that I get the same menu bar on a DIFFERENT computer Thanks -- Norton Virus checker 2003 says this email is clean If you change your approach slightly to running a workbook that creates the menu dynamically, you can pass that file around. If your colleagues put it in the XLStart directory, it will be automatically loaded. This is an example that I posted recently of the sort of code you need. This is for a toolbar, but a menubar is very similar. You can have a workbook that create a t...

macro loop
I have worksheets with several hundred rows and want to record a macro that will highlight every other row, starting at row 2, until the end. I can record a macro to highlight several rows but how can I repeat until the end of the worksheet? cLastRow = Cells(Rows.Count,"A").End(xlUp).Row For i = 1 to cLastRow Step 2 cells((i,"A").Entirerow.ColorIndex = 35 Next i -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Helen" <Helen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7C96F0FE-BD9A-4E0D-924F-2FC8C62E...

macros opening in excel mobile
does anyone know if possible to open macros in excel mobile? Not possible (at least not up until 2003), there are some third party spreadsheet programs for mobile users that supposedly support excel macros, have never tried them though -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom Excel 95 - Excel 2007 Northwest Excel Solutions www.nwexcelsolutions.com (Remove ^^ from email) "crusty53" <crusty53@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:15A3AF3E-A82B-4E27-9A81-2247AEA8FCF5@microsoft.com... > does anyone know if possible to open macros in excel mobile? ...

Unable to re-open a closed opportunity
Hi, I had written a callout to programmatically close an opportunity when the user chooses a particular salesstage. It works fine. The problem is; now I am unable to re-open these closed opportunities.Is there something that I should include in my closeopportunity callout to enable the users to re-open them again? Please help An easiest way to do it which not support by Microsoft will be change to statecode and statuscode in the opportunitybase table by passing in the opportunity Id. I don't see why you can't do that. Warning: You can do it at your own risk, Microsoft is not sup...

Macro to Clear Cell Contents based on Cell Value in another Sheet
Sorry for the Newbie question but....... How do I create a macro to clear the contents of cells in one worksheet based on the value of a cell in another worksheet? For example: on SHEET 1 the value of cell A1 can be Yes or No. If A1 = "Yes" then I want to clear the values in cell range A1:C5 of SHEET 2, if "No" then don't clear the values. Thanks in advance. Option Explicit sub testme() dim rng1 as range dim rng2 as range set rng1 = worksheets("sheet1").range("a1") set rng2 = worksheets("sheet2").range("a1:c5") ...

(User Defined) Function for Copy&Paste?
Dear Excel Power Users, I have a problem with copy of formated text to another sheet. Cell contains multiple fonts and sizes but copies only the first font and size as format for the whole contents example: Sheet1!A1 : mahIgGABEI (a=alpha) (ABEI=superscript) using the " =A1 " function in for example Sheet2: Sheet2!A1=Sheet1!A1 becomes mahIgGABEI (all normal Arial) using Copy&Paste works fine ! Can this be solved using a function instead of Copy&Paste specific cells to other sheets by hand, I cannot vindt the function doing what Copy&Paste does. I've found th...

RE: Mail merge does not work with the old records from CRM 3.0
I had this problem also. In the Administration tab of the account properties you need to have the "Send Marketing material" radio button set to on. After that the data from CRM passes. -Joseph Hi Joseph, Thanks . In addition ,one needs to make it sure that : Do not allow Bulk Email Do not allow Bulk Mail Dont allow emails Dont allow Mials are also checked /Aamir ...

Re: STAN: CAN YOU TAKE ME TO YOUR HOME PLANET WHEN YOU TRAVEL? JUST FYI! Options
Kevin Panzke wrote: **************** I WOULD LIKE TO GO TO A NEW PLANET BECAUSE THEY DON'T LIKE RIGHT WING WACKOS HERE ON EARTH. JUST FYI. I HEAR YOU ARE THE SUPREME RULER OF YOUR NEW PLANET. TAKE ME WITH YOU. JUST FYI. I ALSO NEED A JOB. DO YOU HAVE A JOB FOR ME? *************** Greetings Kevin, There's 6 spacesuits available, the planet's name is "Faeton" , as of jobs - ask Obama, he was promising Millions in pre election speeches. Most of the growth on our planet is in Nursing/HomeAttendants, FastFood, steet cleaning and construction in term...

Help with Subtotal Function
I have a small database consisting of dates and sales amounts. I would like to subtotal the sales amounts for each month. However, no matter what I do, Excel subtotals for each day. Is it possible to break this down by month? I would appreciate any help. Thank you. I'm not sure what you're using to subtotal, but if it's dates, then maybe you can add a helper column to your data: =text(a2,"yyyy-mm") and drag down (assumes that a real date is in A2) David Portwood wrote: > > I have a small database consisting of dates and sales amounts. I would ...

Export Macro #2
I have some date on a page. I want to have a cell where the user ca enter a name. Then a macro to export the sheet as a .txt file with th name that they entered in the cell. Hope that was clear enough Thanks Ray:confused ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com With no error checking to make sure that there's something legal in that cell and that you specified a valid folder/filename: Option Explicit Sub testme03() ActiveSheet.Copy 'to a new workboo...

@Sum Conditional Values within a Macro
I created a Macro which I am trying to create a macro which repeats the following steps macro inputs value in C3 (values 1 thru 24) each value entered changes the value in cell C5 enter the value in C5 in Col D rows 1 thru 24 MY MACRO INCLUDES Step 1 GOTO cell D1 Highlight cells D1 to D24 and delete values (delete any old values) in Col D) Step 2 GOTO cell C3 enter value 1 (an integer) GOTO cell D1 @if(C3=1, C5, D1) (a formula) Step 3 GOTO cell C3 enter value 2 ...