Put a value of a cell in text box

Hi.
Please need help.

Could i put a value of a calculated cell in a text box. In another sheet of
the same workbook.

Thanks for your help.
Regards.

0
Pasmatos (20)

I put a textbox from the drawing toolbar on sheet2.

With that textbox selected, I put this in the formula bar:
=sheet1!a1

And when sheet1!a1 changes, so does the text in the textbox.

--

Dave Peterson
0

Click on the Text Box to select it.
In the formula bar, enter the reference to the cell on the other worksheet
Example: =Sheet2!A1

Press the [Enter] key

Does that help?

***********
Regards,
Ron

"Pasmatos" wrote:

> Hi.
> Please need help.
>
> Could i put a value of a calculated cell in a text box. In another sheet of
> the same workbook.
>
> Thanks for your help.
> Regards.

thanks for your help, that works.
Now if i have to put a reference name.
Exemple:

the table l1:g3 i have named tab1

how can i put this info in the text box ??

Thanks, i appreciate your help.

"Pasmatos" wrote:

> Hi.
> Please need help.
>
> Could i put a value of a calculated cell in a text box. In another sheet of
> the same workbook.
>
> Thanks for your help.
> Regards.

0
Pasmatos (20)
11/25/2005 2:51:01 PM
If I understand correctly, you want to display the tab1 range (I1:g3) on
another sheet. Try this:

Select the tab1 range
Hold down the [Shift] key and select Edit>Copy Picture
(Choose a display mode)
Release the [Shift] key
Select the destination worksheet
Edit>Paste
Next, with the image still selected, enter this in the formula bar:
=tab1
The image will now be linked to the tab1 range and display any changes to
that range in the image.

Now, experiment with the settings.  For example, the pasted image will be
transparent, but if you set a fill color of white....you won't see the grid
lines behind the image.

Does that help?

***********
Regards,
Ron

"Pasmatos" wrote:

> thanks for your help, that works.
> Now if i have to put a reference name.
> Exemple:
>
> the table l1:g3 i have named tab1
>
> how can i put this info in the text box ??
>
> Thanks, i appreciate your help.
>
> "Pasmatos" wrote:
>
> > Hi.
> > Please need help.
> >
> > Could i put a value of a calculated cell in a text box. In another sheet of
> > the same workbook.
> >
> > Thanks for your help.
> > Regards.

Category color changes when changing values.
When I copy a chart I get two identical ones. When I change the values of one of the charts and sort the values, Excel changes the colors of the categories to a preset order, so that the color of the biggest customer in chart 1 is not the same as this same customer (let's say now on the third place) in chart 2. Is there a way to prevent this? ...

How do I delete a text box from an Excel spreadsheet?
Rightclick on it and select cut If the textbox is from the control toolbox toolbar, you may have to click on the designmode icon first. Uncle Binky wrote: -- Dave Peterson ...

Changing text size
Hi, We enter all our customers in our database in all caps (text) for the names, and addresses. But when you put in the zip code and the database auto finds the town and state it is put in upper, and lower case. Is there a way to change this default to all caps for the auto fill. I am experienced in editing xml. files ( just a note) Any help would be appreciated.....Dennis No, there's no way to change that in the front end, that's something that is happening at display time and is meant to make the data more readable. You could enter a suggestion on Customer Sou...

Changing the Tooltip text in an SDI Toolbar
I've been trying to find a way to change the tootip info for a toolbar. Currently, I've tried getting the toolbar CToolBarCtrl and CToolTipCtrl objects but haven't been able to figure out what to do with them. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Ken If you are talking about tooltip info of a particular button on a toolbar, change it in resource editor by double clicking on the button and changing the text that appears at the bottom of the dialog. Text that appears before \n is tootip. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Ken Slight" <kslight@char...

importing multiple text files???
Hi, I am experiencing a big problem. As a part of my analysis for PhD I have to analyze more then 1000 files. The data that I have is in text files. To be more precise, I have 5 different data sets, from different meteo centres, each centre has a data set of 365 files for each day during the year. The format of text files is something as following: Camborne Met. Office WINDS rev 4.1 50.20 -5.30 88 02 01 01 00 00 23 0 29 3 35 07:09 (3.0) 07:09 (3.0) 06:08 (3.0) 284 284 65 65 400 400 23 23 12.5 12.5 1 1500 1500 35 35 400 400 43 90.0 43 74.5 313 74.5 HT SPD DIR Radials... 0.101 9.8 113 0.0...

How to see calculation and heading in same cell.
I would like the cell to perform a calculation and then display the answer as will as a heading. In other words the answer and the heading will appear in the same cell. Perhaps you mean something like ="Heading Name: "&A1+B1 ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Jeracho" <Jeracho@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F34BACB9-E2DA-448A-924D-46A475F98F91@microsoft.com... > I would like the cell to perform a calculation and then display the answer as > will as a heading. In other words the answer and the heading will appear in...

How can I Enable a Check Box based on another fields value?
Hi There, I have a form with a disabled check box. I need to enable it when a certain value ("approved") is selected from a combo box. When I am in Form Design View and I have the Check Box selected the Conditional Formatting menu item on the Format menu is greyed out. I am using Access 2003. Can you tell me what I need to do to make this work? Many thanks, David As you've discovered, Conditional Formatting isn't availabe to checkboxes. Try this: Private Sub Form_Current() If Me.YourComboBox = "Approved" Then YourCheckBox.Enabled = True Else YourChe...

Newbie: can't get a calculated value on the form?
I have a table with numbers and a form that shows the numbers. I have a query that takes one of the numbers and mulitplies it. I put a text box on the form from the query result field, but I get a "#Name" error instead of the result. When I run the query, I get the correct result. Help, please? Ed "Ed from AZ" <prof_ofwhat@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:d1e7d27c-11d9-4696-8d19-4c5fdd9dbb89@d70g2000hsb.googlegroups.com... >I have a table with numbers and a form that shows the numbers. I have > a query that takes one of the numbers and mulitplies it. I p...

Converting Values to Unicode Characters
The function CHAR converts a value in the range 1-255 to to an ANSI character. Is there a way to convert values in the range 1-65,342 to Unicode characters? -- Gary L. Smith gls432@yahoo.com Columbus, Ohio You can use VLOOKUP but you'll have to create your own lookup table of the unicode characters and I think you'll have to paste it onto the same spreadsheet.... Maybe you can find a lookup table on the internet somewhere that you can easily paste into your spreadsheet. tsides <tsides@intelligentsystemsconsulting.com> wrote: > You can use VLOOKUP but y...

Graph Data Values
I am trying to create a pick and mix graph that shows forecast spen against actual spend by a selected business area. I somehow want to create a graph on the fly based on the selections fo example: If I choose company one and want to see the contracted data I want th graph to pick up the forcasted contracted Labour, Passthru and Othe and show the combined contracted actuals; See attached; and if i then choose company 2 then graph will pick up the releven ranges? HELP!! Attachment filename: help.zip Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachmen...

Coping part of a cell content into a seperate cell
Hi I have two cells, one containing first and middle name and another one with surname. I want to combine the first name and surname into a separate cell, can you advise how I can just copy the first name and miss out the middle name please?? Thanks Caz Hi, I assume that the midle name is separated by a space from the first name and is in column A and the last name in column B =TRIM(LEFT(A2,FIND(" ",a2)-1))&" "&B2 "Caz H" wrote: > Hi > I have two cells, one containing first and middle name and another one with &g...

Combo box choice outcome
I have a combo box with the following choices: Checks_Walkthrough Checks_Monitor Research_Case Inventory_Maint Task_Cable Task_Misc New Issue What I want is if anything BUT "New issue" is selected, two fields in the same form as the combo box are populated by other data in the table the above list is pulled from. I can get this to happen by itself. Me.Text27.Value = Me.imac.Column(2) Me.model.Value = Me.imac.Column(3) If "New Issue" is selected, I want another form 'New_case' to open and enter the required data there. I can get this to work alone ...

Passing Values from One Form to Another Including a Combo Box
Hi, hope someone can help with passing two values from one form to another by way of a command button. I have spent a week on various code taken from this site, but still no luck. Please ... someone help!! The form I am passing values from is called PATIENT HISTORY-Form. On this form, I need to pass a date from a field called DateSFESigned and I also need to pass information collected from a Combo box, Combo91. The command button is called Command119. The form that the values are being passed to is called Personal Habits- Form. Thank you in advance for any help on this matter. Maurita ...

Adding a formula to the same cell (H5) on every tab
I have an inventory spreadsheet with 125 tabs. The tabs are numbered 1 through 125. The are identical except for the data below the column headings. If I wanted to put a formula in H5 on every tab, can it be done other than manually opening every tab and typing it? One additional question: If I add a Summary Tab, how could I show the value of a specific cell on each tab without manually entering it? I show the formula I'm using bring B3 to the summary for every tab: A B 1 Unit Value 2 1 ='1'!B3 3 2 ='2'!B3 4 3 ='3'!B3 5 4 ='4'!B3 6 5 ='5'!B3 7...

sumproduct--counting--zero--blank cells
I'm using these formula to count, =SUMPRODUCT(($W$9:$W$272>=0)*($W$9:$W$272<10)) =SUMPRODUCT(($W$9:$W$272>=10)*($W$9:$W$272<20)) ........etc how do i get it so bank cells are excluded from the count. The way it is now, they are counted in the 0 to 10 range... Thanks Jeremy -- Message posted via http://www.officekb.com COUNTBLANK(range) "jeremy via OfficeKB.com" wrote: > I'm using these formula to count, > > =SUMPRODUCT(($W$9:$W$272>=0)*($W$9:$W$272<10)) > =SUMPRODUCT(($W$9:$W$272>=10)*($W$9:$W$272<20)) > ........etc > how do...

45 Degree Angled Text & Fill Option
I have Excel 2003 (11.6355.6360) running on XP and I'm wondering if this is a bug or not. If you have text in the first Row and you set it to 45 degrees angled, if you try and fill different cells with different fill colors, sometimes the box will fill angled, othertimes straight up and down. As a simple test, try creating a blank worksheet and make the first 3 columns 35 each in width and 100 in height. The type some text in each of the cells - not too much. Now select all 3 cells and format their alignment to 45 degrees. Now pick each one of the cells and fill each with a different ...

References omit formatting and return cell address
In two cases of references between worksheets, the formatting from the original cell does not appear in the cell that it is referenced to. Case 1: Worksheet 1, A1 contains a currency formatted number - $2,000 Worksheet 2, A1 references the Workhseet 1, A1 cell using the = sign, yet it returns 2000 (unless I manually reformat the Workksheet 2 cell to Currency Case 2: Worksheet 3, A1 contains an apartment # - e.g. 4 Worksheet 4, A1 references this cell but returns the cell address - Worksheet2,!A1' - rather than the number 4. I tried different formats for the number 4,...

How can I insert a cell reference in a footer (eg for variable foo
Any ideas on how to do this? I'm trying to create a template with the doc reference number in the footer However, I'm trying to avoid users having to edit the footer (because this just wont get done). Hi only possible with VBA using an event procedure. e.g. put the following code in your workbook module for cell A1 Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) Dim wkSht As Worksheet For Each wkSht In Me.Worksheets With wkSht.PageSetup .CenterFooter = wksht.range("A1").value End With Next wkSht End Sub -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Ger...

Text in pivot table limited to 255 characters
I am using a pivot table as an efficient way to aggregate text responses from a large data set. However, the pivot table cuts off the text after the first 255 characters (similar to when you copy a worksheet by using the move/copy option). How can I overcome this? I have tried putting the pivot table on the same sheet as the dataset, but that does not work. I should also note that these pivot tables are then fed into an automated report through a complicated set of VLOOKUPs, etc. The pivot table aggregates several questions and responses from many areas of the datset into one discr...

How do I chart the same data cell on a range of worksheets?
I have the same row of cells on numerous worksheets that I want to chart or consolidate onto another worksheet ? Keith - You need to create a consolidated data range: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ChartFromDiffSheets.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ Keith wrote: > I have the same row of cells on numerous worksheets that I want to chart or > consolidate onto another worksheet ? ...

Count Text Data
Using 2007 on Vista If I've got text data which in some columns either has data or there is a blank, what formula do I use to count how many cells have text in them per column? Many thanks =COUNTA(A2:A200) will count everything except blanks post back if you have numbers as well that should not be counted -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom <weewillie@anon.com> wrote in message news:lfm764d39m4prld1iiqllpjuen7a1eptoq@4ax.com... > Using 2007 on Vista > > If I've got text data which in some columns either has data or there > is a blank, what formula do I use to count...

Shading cells not working
When I try to shade cells they remain white, but if I go to print preview the color shows. Why won't the cells change color in normal view? If the fill colours aren't appearing, the high contrast setting may be turned on. There's information in the following MSKB article: OFF: Changes to Fill Color and Fill Pattern Are Not Displayed http://support.microsoft.com/?id=320531 Jenny wrote: > When I try to shade cells they remain white, but if I go > to print preview the color shows. Why won't the cells > change color in normal view? -- Debra Dalgleish...

Counting the number cells between two dates
Hi guys, Hope someone can help with this, I'm pretty sure it'll be quite a simple one. Column A:A contains a list dates, I want to use a formula to count the number of cells which contain a date between 01/01/05 - 31/01/05. Any ideas, Many thanks, Dave Try: =SUMPRODUCT((A1:A1000>=--"1/1/05")*(A1:A1000<=-- "1/31/05")) BTW - I'm using American date formats in mine. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >Hi guys, > >Hope someone can help with this, I'm pretty sure it'll be quite a simple one. > >Column A:A con...

storing value in form field
Hello, I want to get values from a pop-up date form to insert in a text box on another form. Problem is when I close the date form, the value that the text box was referring to is gone. Is there a quick way to save the value in the main form until new dates are typed in? Thanks You should be able to hide the form rather than close it. "ryan" <ryan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:49EA576C-544E-4A18-B4FB-4F7AF6D2951E@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > I want to get values from a pop-up date form to insert in a text box on > another form. Problem...

problem with mulit-column value list combo box
I am trying to read the values of 2 columns of the selected item in a multi-column combo box. cboField1 is the multi-column combo box cboField1.rowsource=3Dr1c1;r1c2;r2c1;r2c2;r3c1;r3c2..... cboField1 Row Source Type=3DValue List cboField1 Column Count=3D2 Me("cboField1").ItemData(2) gives me the value for column #1 in row #2 Me("cboField1").Column(1) gives me the value for column #2 in row #1 I can't find the syntax for getting the value for column #2 in row #2. Thanks for any help! THANKS! David G. On Tue, 24 Nov 2009 21:38:31 -0500, Dav...