Pulling data from multiple worksheets

I have one worksheet with a listing of client numbers and names.  I would
like to be able to type in a client number on another worksheet and have the
client name automatically populate.

Look at the Vlookup function or the combination of Index / Match. Vlookup
will be a little more straight forward for a first timer but Index / Match is
generally speaking a more flexible and less error prone solution.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"parthur" wrote:

> I have one worksheet with a listing of client numbers and names.  I would
> like to be able to type in a client number on another worksheet and have the
> client name automatically populate.

Spawning worksheets and a summary per worksheet
I'm getting pretty desparate, so any help would be really gratefull received. I have a button which allows the user to create templated worksheet each time they press it. These worksheets have a series of fields tha relate to 'activities'. The user can chose to spawn worksheets for on or more activities. Each time a new sheet is created, I would also like to be able to: 1) copy a range in a summary worksheet and paste another version o this directly beneath the original range. Repeat this as many times a the user has created activity worksheets. 2) Pre-populate information wit...

count cells using multiple criteria
Can anyone show me how to count the number of rows containing two or more criteria? For example, if one column has the text "DO" and another column has the text "RD11" how do I count only those rows that contain both DO and RD11? One way: =SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A1000="DD"),--(B1:B1000="RD11")) In article <0F41177E-45A0-4B0B-AE33-6BCCF2F3B8D1@microsoft.com>, Alex68 <Alex68@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Can anyone show me how to count the number of rows containing two or more > criteria? For example, if one column has the te...

Data and Other Records
Hi - I'm building a pivot table consisting of counts of a list of items. I want to include only the first 50 items in detail, but lump all the others into an "other" category with a count on it, instead of detail on records above 50. Hopefully this makes some sense! Thanks, Greg. -- groggrog ------------------------------------------------------------------------ groggrog's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27400 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=469155 ...

Copied Worksheet does not maintain it 's properties
Hello , My VB app , access a particular Excel file (ie Template.xls) and runs a Macro . This Macros out is a report which is printed on a Worksheet in the same Template.xls . Then I select the Output worksheet of the template xls and copy the contents into a new Excel file . The reason why I am doing this is because I dont want the new file to contain the Macro . The problem is , the formatting of the Output sheet (Column lengths , Fonts etc) is NOT effected on the new workesheet of the file when copied . So I basically have an unformatted Output in the new file . How may I overcom...

Making data span 2 columns
Hi, I'm new to this community and new to the RMS system. I am trying to modify the PrintTransactionDetails sub in the receipt.xml to be 2 columns and put the entry.description information onto another row. The person who writes the descriptions likes to be wordy and I need the entire 40 columns in order to hold the text. I changed the 3 columns into 2 with a format of 71% for the item number or description and 29% for the sales amount. The description and a null field occupy the first row and the item number and amount occupies the second row. I have the transaction d...

How can i change chart data point format based on value?
I have a simple column chart with a single data series. I would like to change the color of an individual data point column depending on value. Thanks very much. You want to make a conditional chart: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ConditionalChart1.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/ _______ "Harold96" <Harold96@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3674450D-70A9-4227-B29A-36262B7BE723@microsoft.com... >I have a simple column chart with a single data series. I would...

geographic map data
I would like to find a simple set of geographic map data (Latitude and Longitude) in EXCEL tables for drawing country outline maps for use in EXCEL Charts ...

Active X Controls Shrinking on Excel worksheet
I have a workbook and sometimes the ActiveX controls such as listbox, options, checkboxes on the worksheet shrinks or expands while clicking on the controls. Does somebody has experirenced same kind of problem or somebody knows the fix. The only to fix this problem is to restart the machine again. Thanks in advance. ...

Calculate total number off cells with data in
Hi All Hope I find you well I have a spreadsheet that has a number of cells that may or may not have data in them depending on curtain criteria. What I would like to be able to do is count the number of cells with data in (data is alphanumerical) and display the total number of cells with data in in a different cell. Any ideas? Hi Gazza, > What I would like to be able to do is count the number of cells with data in (data is alphanumerical) and display the total number of cells with data in in a different cell. Any ideas? > Check out the COUNTA worksheet function. Regards, Jan Kare...

Determine if data is trending UP or DOWN
All I posted this question in another area with little activity. Please review my question and reply with any suggestions http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.excel.worksheetfunctinos/browse_thread/thread/51433fe1f0242504/f908dfbcb5ae9487?hl=en#f908dfbcb5ae9487 Ignore all points except the first and the last. If the last point is greater than the first point, the trend is up. -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200719 "Steve" wrote: > All I posted this question in another area with little activity. > Please review my question and reply with any suggestions > ...

Worksheet
can a function be placed in worksheet 2 that adds up numbers/data from worksheet 1? Yes, for instance =SUM(Sheet1!A1:A18) will sum A1:A18 in Sheet1, the easiest way is to type =SUM( then just use the mouse to select the other sheet tab, then select the range also with the mouse and finish by pressing enter, then Excel will enclose the formula with a right parenthesis Regards, Peo Sjoblom "brietve" wrote: > can a function be placed in worksheet 2 that adds up numbers/data from > worksheet 1? Sure Simply co to your sheet enter = and then enter the function (I'...

Copy filtered data (Values only)
The following code copies filtered data: Set Rng = ActiveSheet.AutoFilter.Range Rng.Copy Destination:=Worksheets("Sheet2").Range("A1") but copies values and formulae. (e.g. .PasteSpecial xlPasteValues) How do I modify to the copy only the values Thanks! Set Rng = ActiveSheet.AutoFilter.Range Rng.Copy Worksheets("Sheet2").Range("A1").PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett@gmail.com "Steve" <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5E54D33F-2...

How to retrieve real data type of function's parameters
Hi all, I have a function which accepts some parameters. When I call this function, I used some casting operation and In this function I want to get the real data type name of these parameters. Can I do it? If I can, how should I do? Please help me. Thanks. If you are looking for something like .NET reflection, you won't find an identical equivalent. But look up "Run-Time Type Information" and "Accessing Run-Time Class Information" on MSDN. -- Regards, Nish [VC++ MVP] http://www.voidnish.com http://blog.voidnish.com "Nguyen Van Binh" <binhnv@...

How can you reference a picture from a worksheet cell?
I have an image or picture within a worksheet. I want to be able to reference it from a cell so that depending on a validation list a different picture is shown. Is this possible in Microsoft Exec 2000 Maybe you can look at J.E. McGimpsey's page: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/lookuppics.html He has a neat way of doing things like this. scott56hannah wrote: > > I have an image or picture within a worksheet. > > I want to be able to reference it from a cell so that depending on a > validation list a different picture is shown. > > Is this possible in Microsoft...

How do you hide .00's in a worksheet & keep the ones that say 10.7
I want to be able to have all my .00's in worksheet as not showing the decimal places, and want to keep all the ones that have decimal places as .75 etc. In other words, I don't want to "hide" the 2 decimal places that actually have cents on there (for example, keep all the 10.75's, 10.68's, but hide all the zeros in 10.00 so that tht zero cents just show as 10 instead of 10.00....)? I don't want to have to go and select all the individual cells that show with zeros and change them to showing zero decimals... Format the cells as General (Format...

data input format
Hi I have a user entry form and need to ensure the correct data format is used when entering. At the moment it is a text box on a VBA data entry form, I want to code the text box to only accept dd/mm/yy format. -- thanks Roy If you get the dat as a string, then you can perform very specific tests on parts of that string. For example: Sub StrictFormat() Dim s As String, i As Integer s = Application.InputBox(prompt:="Date?", Type:=2) If Len(s) <> 8 Then MsgBox "Bad Format" Exit Sub End If ary = Split(s, "/") If UBound...

color coding different data series
Hello! I have about 8 spreadsheets of data that I need to compile into one chart. However, I need to be able to look at the chart and see which spreadsheet a data point is from. Is there a quick way to color code a group of data points from one spreadsheet? I know I could change the color individually, but with over 50 data points, I'd rather not if I don't have to! Thank you. Hi, If I undserstand you correctly all you need to do is right click on one of the data points and select Format Data Series. You can then set the colour, line weight, pattern etc. as you want. Repeat f...

Exchange support for multiple domains
We have just started another small spin off company. We would like to have our current exchange servers configured to accept and deliver email for these users. Right now we have a single domain and a single exch org. Are there any docs out there that can show me how to do this?? Thanks Sure: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/268838 "jwilmer" <jwilmer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C0D90B48-29FB-4432-B655-03971327F6EE@microsoft.com... > We have just started another small spin off company. > We would like to have our current exchange servers confi...

Radar Chart with Multiple scales
I'm trying to create a Radar/Spider Diagram that will allow me to show multiple scales. For instance, a few of my numbers are in %s while others are in Dollars. I have 10 categories I'm showing. Each time I try to change the "selected" scale, it changes it for each point. How can I have multiple scales? Custom Radar Chart http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/software/custom_radar/index.htm I also have a functional add-in based on the idea. I will try and upload it to my web site in the next few days...but no promises. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Exce...

Email router to multiple exchange
Is it possible to setup an email router to link to muiltple exchange? My client's NZ branch is using a different Exchange server which is outside the company domain. If we setup a VPN, to let the CRM server to link to the NZ Exchange server. And we create another incoming or outgoing profile for those NZ users in Email configuration manager. Is it right? Thanks -- MS CRM consultants at Melbourne Visit my CRM blog at http://melbournecrm.spaces.live.com/ yes you can, but you can also use pop and smtp for in and out. then you specify within the user profile to use the email router ...

CRM 3.0 and Multiple currencies
Hi, Out of the box is CRM 3.0 multi currency capable ? .. I saw another post with links to a bunch of other vendors who provide plugins and components for 1.2 for multi currency .. but I'm just wondering if anything has changed with 3.0 ? thanks for the help, regards, Wal. Hi Wal! "Wal" wrote > Out of the box is CRM 3.0 multi currency capable ? .. I saw another post > with links to a bunch of other vendors who provide plugins and components > for > 1.2 for multi currency .. but I'm just wondering if anything has changed > with > 3.0 ? AFAIS no....

Crosstab Query
I've created a crosstab from a table with data laid out like this: Group Section Title A One John - Manager A One Joe - Analyst A Two Jane - Director B Three Sue - Director B One Bill - Manager C Two Bob - Analyst C Two Tom - Director C Three Jim - President D One Linda - Analyst D Two Lucy - Manager I'd like to end up with a cross tab like this (you may have to use your imagination on layout since couldn't paste a picture) basically trying to get multiple items to display in the value field. Group One Two Three A ...

"Autosave" changes active worksheet?
Small, but annoying, problem. Using "Autosave" while working on a workbook with sheets 2 & 3 showing. When the Autosave function kicks in it changes one of the displayed sheets (typically "xls.1) to sheet #1 . Is this "just the way it works" or am I missing something? Also, am I correct in assuming that Autosave actually saves the workbook(s) (i.e. overwrites the original) or does it create a backup somewhere? -- Regards; Rob ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Hi RWN I can't answer your question but I find that the...

Data Validation #20
I have 4 cells all beside each other in my Excel Spreadsheet. They are all data validations that are linked to one another. I.E. each depends on the input from the previous cell. I'm looking for a code that will clear the cells (but keep the data validations) if I change one of the previous cells. For Example: Cell 1 contains these items: Shovel, Axe, and a Saw. If I choose Shovel in the first cell then my options for the second cell are now Flat or Round. Then the third box will give me the price depending on which I choose. However the problem is that once I pick the Flat and t...

Transfer OLE Object data to table
hi, i have a Microsoft Office Spreadsheet 11.0 in my form, how do i transfer the data i have key into it to a table that i have created earlier, i will be only using 3 columns in the OLE object, my table have 3 columns as well.(now i have a form with the OLE object, a save button to save the OLE object to the table, a table) Should i make a connection to the OLE object or just retrive straight from the object? Should i retrieve the data cell by cell or using a range "A1:Cn", n= EOF? can someone point me to a good link on my topic? thanks KT -- Message posted via http://www....