publishing

I'm trying to REMOVE the publishing funtion of
a "previously published" excel document.  I can't see
where to remove the function.  How do you remove the
option.  I've tried resaving the document and looked at
all options I see.
0
rhaynes1 (1)

Robert

From the Excel Help

Modify and republish data on a Web page that was previously saved by Excel
When you publish or save your Microsoft Excel data as a Web page, Excel
creates an HTML version of the file (with the extension .htm). If you want
to update that data on the Web page, and you saved or published a worksheet
or items on a worksheet, you can republish the data by opening your original
workbook (.xls) file, not the .htm file, to make the changes. Then when you
republish the data, Excel replaces only the data you select.

  1.. Open the workbook (.xls file) that you previously saved as a Web page
and now want to modify.

  2.. Modify the data, and then resave the workbook as an .xls file.

  3.. Select the worksheet or item in the workbook that you want to update
on the Web page.

  4.. On the File menu, click Save as Web Page.

  5.. Click Publish.

  6.. If you want to change the type of interactivity, title, or location of
the Web page, make the appropriate changes in the dialog box.

  7.. If you want to view the Web page in the browser after you publish it,
select the Open published Web page in browser check box.

  8.. Click Publish.
Notes

  a.. Republishing a workbook   You can't use this procedure to republish an
entire workbook. To republish an entire workbook as a Web page, you can open
the .htm file in Excel and make changes directly to the Web page file.

  b.. Republishing a worksheet with an interactive chart   If you republish
a worksheet that contains a chart and you select interactive functionality,
the chart is not included on the Web page. To put a chart on a Web page, you
must save or publish it separately.

Don't know if this will help you but you could explore the rest of the Help
on "Publish"

Regards

Trevor

"Robert Haynes" <rhaynes@indy.rr.com> wrote in message
> I'm trying to REMOVE the publishing funtion of
> a "previously published" excel document.  I can't see
> where to remove the function.  How do you remove the
> option.  I've tried resaving the document and looked at
> all options I see.

0
Trevor9259 (673)

Publisher 2002 hangs up
I am struggling with my Publisher-it keeps shutting down almost immediately after opening. I've downloaded every update possible, uninstalled and reinstalled my lexmark 125 and emptied the clipboard. What else is there to do? -- weaverscout weaverscout wrote: > I am struggling with my Publisher-it keeps shutting down > almost immediately after opening. I've downloaded every > update possible, uninstalled and reinstalled my lexmark > 125 and emptied the clipboard. What else is there to do? ================================ Maybe the following articles will offer some...

Publisher No Longer supports this version
I have a newsletter that I produced using an older version of Publisher. I don't know exactly which version it was. This document was written in 1995 and updated in 1997. The version I have currently is Publisher 2002. I do have another computer downstairs that is running Win 95 that I could install an older version of Publisher on. But I am wondering which version I should install that would open a document created in 1995. There was a security update some years ago that made it impossible to open older files. The work around was to install Publisher after the security up...

Designing party Invites in Publisher
In publisher I'm trying to design an invitation using a card as the design template. I'm ok at designing the front but I want the writing(the name of person invited and where it is to be held) to go on the reverse. How do I do this?????? I am using Microsoft Publisher 2003 Many thanks Down at the bottom of the screen, you should see a 1, 2, 3, 4. Click on 3 if you want it to go on the inside right page -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Lubylu" <Lubylu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0BF66693-3B4C-4AE4-B88C-008729C78B4D@microsoft.c...

moving a single page in a Publisher 2007 booklet
My wife is using Publisher 2007 for a school directory. Love the fact that the "booklet" template fits the format we're looking for: simple to print, fold the pages in the middle, etc, etc. One thing we're struggling with is: "how do yo move a single page in the booklet...without automatically moving the other pages associated on that piece of paper?". I.e. when we go to the page sorter, and select one page, it always highlights both pages. We'd like to just move a single page (left or right) to the position we'd like. Help! View, turn off two...

in publisher how do I set up pages in book format order
Im working on a yearbook and would like to set up my pages in order 2003 version What size paper and pages are you planning to use? -- Don Vancouver, USA "burbanklady" <burbanklady@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F27EC13B-FDCF-4DCE-8819-4D8A471CF914@microsoft.com... > Im working on a yearbook and would like to set up my pages in order > 2003 version they are 8.5 x 11 I am ultimately sending all the pages off to a company who is publishing it for me, but I want to easily organize it. "Don Schmidt" wrote: > What size paper and p...

Copying from Word to Publisher
One of our secretaries has recently started to get an error message in Microsoft Publisher. It reads "The Clipboard is busy." Publisher cannot currently cut, copy or paste your data because another program is using the Clipboard. Wait a moment and try again, or close other programs and try again. She said this started about a week ago. She copies a short newsletter from Word and copies it into her Publisher document. She has been doing this for over a year. I can copy from Word to another Word document. I can copy from a publisher document into the same one. There is ...

Publisher 2003 Pictures Issues
It's a good thing today is Friday..... I've been sitting here reading posts about other people having issues with Publisher and pictures. Here's my issue. I have a large publisher file. It contains many pictures. I've been working on this file for over a month now. One or two of my pictures (not the same ones each time) keep "disappearing". When I print the document, the picture is still not there. Here's what I have noticed. The box around the picture is still right where I left it. If I right click on the box, the tool bars that come up are fo...

Want to Bind & Publish own Book
I would like to be able to print the pages for a book I am writing for myself and bind it the old fashion way. Can I print in clusters of "leaves" say 14 or 20 pages for a book that will be 300 pages or so? I will be hand sewing the leaves and doing my own leather binding. I don't want to pay a 3rd party to print and bind the book when I can do it myself. Aurelius wrote: > I would like to be able to print the pages for a book I am writing for myself > and bind it the old fashion way. Can I print in clusters of "leaves" say 14 > or 20 pages for a ...

PocketPC / Windows Mobile Version of Publisher
Is there a PocketPC / Windows Mobile program that would allow me to view Publisher documents on my handheld device? - Thanks, JRD No -- JoAnn Paules Microsoft MVP - Publisher How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375 "John R. Dougherty" <JohnRDougherty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E58ADAD0-DE1E-44AC-802C-EE5F2ACDC260@microsoft.com... > Is there a PocketPC / Windows Mobile program that would allow me to view > Publisher documents on my handheld device? > > - Thanks, > > JRD John R. Dougherty wrote: > Is ...

do i need to buy Office Publisher complete package or just upgrade
I have Windows Office XP standard package I want to get Publisher. Do I need to buy the whole publisher package or just the upgrade? There is no "upgrade" in the typical meaning of the word. There was a rebate if you had a qualifying product. They are: ..Microsoft Publisher Publisher 2002, Publisher 2000, Publisher 98, Publisher 97 ..Microsoft Office XP Office XP Professional Special Edition ..Microsoft Office 2000 Office 2000 Professional, Office 2000 Premium, Office 2000 Small Business ..Microsoft Office 97 Office 97 Small Business Edition I kind of doubt that...

Publisher 2003 save settings....
I like to be prompted whether to override original files when updating my webpage. Somehow I must have checked the box that says I don't want that option and I can't find a way of restoring it. Does anyone know (other than reinstallation) of a way to restore that through the application? Clive, I have found that when I use FTP uploading the option of overwriting files is intermittent. It seems that if I agree to overwrite one file, then I don't get the option again, but even that is not consistent. As you use Pub 2003, have you tried unchecking the incremental upload optio...

Publisher Calender
We have been using this program for some time and in the portion of Publisher the graphics and Word Art take forever to move after you relocate them. This is very frustrating when we are on a dead line and are having to wait. We are running 1 gig of ram on a Athlon 2800+, all of the other programs seem to work okay except for the Calender. I'd check on a new driver for my graphics/video card. Do some disk clean-up. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Floyd" <Floyd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote i...

Converting Publisher.pub to Micrsoft Word.doc
If I have a document that was created with Microsoft Publisher and need to convert it to Microsoft Word format with it's built=in graphics, how can I convert it or where? I am running Microsoft Publisher (Trial) and the response I get back when trying to save it as Word 97-2003: "The file type you selected only supports text. To save only the text of this publication, click OK. And, only allows me to save it as a .pub format to save the entire publication. Word and Publisher are not exactly compatible. Word will accept graphics reluctantly. You can copy/paste the images, you ca...

How do I enter ongoing invoice numbers's into publisher documents
help Mail Merge... Mail and catalog merge http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/CH062524751033.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Carl" <Carl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:161C32EE-CF60-4F9E-A698-4EDB9DC99C42@microsoft.com... > help ...

Tab stops in Publisher 2002
I do a newsletter in Publisher 2002, and prefer to set a tab stop of .2" rather than .5 for my paragraphs. I can change the tab from .5 to .2 in Format, but often after a period of editing of a page, or sometimes, for know reason, the tab will revert to .5. Is there some way to keep this from happening? Max, 1. Is your tab resetting all of your existing text boxes, making your text shift or is this for newly created text boxes? 2. Are you running the latest service pack for Publisher 2002? 3. Are you running multiple printers? -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP Publisher F...

What's the easiest way to insert a roster into publisher calendar
Select a calendar that you can include a "Schedule of events." Use this space for your roster. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Mick Hoffmann" <Mick Hoffmann@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D07FEC85-10C7-4009-8EA4-0F169CA989B1@microsoft.com... > ...

publisher prints my custom envelope on a letter
Why in the world does the "Print Preview" pretend to deliver an envelope on the other side of the printer, but after I press print it still comes out on a letter?!?! This is after numerous times of confirming that all settings are for the envelope size. PLEASE HELP!! Nevermind...found a system that is working. Although I do believe there is probably a simpler way. "lissa" wrote: > Why in the world does the "Print Preview" pretend to deliver an envelope on > the other side of the printer, but after I press print it still comes out on > a letter...

First ever publisher use
Hi i am using Publisher 07, what i am trying to achive is to print a catlog for my products, i want to print it on A4 paper, when folded will be like a book, with printing on all sides. I have read therough all the help given here but am still doing something wrong, i set up a new document, selected 1/2 A4 booklet, added some images and text for the test run, and page numbers using mastre page, but when it come to print i get problems. If i chose to print i select two sided flip side, but when it prints it appears in the centre of the page and on seperate pages. what am i doing wrong,...

XP Professional upgrade with Publisher or without it?
I bought a Gateway 1000 Performance system about 3 years ago. It has a Millenium (ME) operating system and microsoft Windows 2000. I recently bought an Microsoft Office XP Professional upgrade because the Millenium operating system is so unstable and keeps freezing (at least 10 times per day). I thought the new system (XP Professional upgrade) came with an upgrade to Publisher 2000. Gateway assert Publisher 2002 is in the upgrade even though it does not mention it on the package nor in the instruction booklet that came with it. Is Publisher 2002 ( which I desparately need) in the u...

Footnotes in Publisher 2003?
For the life of me I can't find in the HELP section how to insert footnotes in the text of the manuscript I am trying to develop. Can someone direct me to the instructions for inserting and managing footnotes? Thanks. Tom Williams. Publisher doesn't support footnotes, it is strictly a manual operation. Word is best for long documents. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Tom Williams" <TomWilliams@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:39FAD6F8-3D92-49B3-8862-32DA7E19D97A@microsoft...

Publishing booklet out of sequence
I am using the booklet template in Publisher. When it prints, it does it in a mixed order so that when it gets on paper, it can be easily foled and turned into a booklet. BUT, I want to be able to publish it in a non booklet form so i can use it as a pdf. I want it to be individual pages IN ORDER on the computer 1,2,3,4 etc not 1,4,2,3. How can I make it NOT publish as a booklet for the e-mail version. Also, it only puts myu page numbers on one page. Every other page is NOT numbered. It won't matter when it is assembled but when it is made to a pdf and the pages scrambled to "...

Publisher referencing
I wish to transfer a word document to publisher. I have attempted this but all referenced endnotes are omitted. I have also tried to insert a reference (either footer or in endnotes in publisher) but there seems to be no facility when I hit the insert tab as I would in word. Publisher does not support footnotes. You will have to create them manually. Long documents are best done in Word. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Martin Faulkner" <Martin Faulkner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

Publisher clip art #2
I can't get all the clip art in Publisher to run without the CD in the tray. It used to work fine but I had to reinstall the program and can't get it to work now. Anyone know what I'm not doing correctly? Yes, you need to install the clip art on your hard drive. You must have done it once before to have been able to access it without the CD. Run the Setup program, and select a Full installation. (The next time you post, you will need to tell us which version of Publisher you are using. Most of us here are not psychic. Psychotic, perhaps, but not psychic.) -- JoAnn Obey Gravit...

whatis the difference between publisher and picture it publisher?
I play alot with Picture It Publisher,just wanted to know if they are different or somewhat alike? ...

Publisher 2002 layout
This question came from colleague: ?I am working on a newsletter in Microsoft Publisher 2002. I am copying a text box from one newsletter and pasting it into another newsletter with the same page layout and format. Even though the toolbar reflects the correct format, the text does not fit in the text box and it looks different?. Any suggestions? -- Message posted via http://www.officekb.com If everything else is the same, when you paste the box it is in front on the second newsletter and maybe in the back in the first. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps...