Publishing Workbook to Internet

I currently use Excel to create a single worksheet .htm file that
upload to Yahoo and is viewable on the internet. Works just fine.
I would now like to be able to upload a multi-worksheet .htm workboo
to Yahoo and have only one of the worksheets(that I designate) show u
on the internet. When I try to access such a file, I get a page tha
says "Sorry, the page you requested was not found."  Does anybody kno
of a way that this can be done

--
neb
nebb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=898

Running Internet Mail and Exchange Mail Concurrently
We are planning a migration from POP3 to IMAP(Exchange Server) e-mail. We still prefer users (for a limited time) to be able to retrieve POP3 mail using the same MS Outlook 2K client. Is it possible to configure Outlook 2000 to do this??? Just to clarify, you're going to be using IMAP4 to connect to Exchange or are you going to be using MAPI ("default") connection to the Exchange Server? You can set up multiple Internet accounts using Outlook 2000. In what mode do you have Outlook installed? Check the second line in the resulting Window by selecting Help | About Microsof...

Would you recommend Publisher to design a school year book?
I would like to publish the local school's year book in Publisher, the year book contains photos, drawings as well as text. Would you recommend this software for this purpose? Catalog merge http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/CH010504381033.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Black and White" <Black and White@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:13F70636-B32F-41DA-83A7-08B88E3875C0@microsoft.com... >I would like to publish the local school's year book in Publisher, t...

Publisher 2002 memory error msg
I recently upgraded my PC from Windows ME to XP-home, and also installed Office XP. Now my previously installed version of Publisher 2002 won't work at all. When I try to do any activity (Open, New, etc.), I get a fatal error message: "The instruction at 'OX77f580dd' referenced memory at "OX00000007." The memory could not be written" The only option is to terminate the program. I have searched the MS knowledge base, and Publisher support pages, looking for some idea of what's going on and why. I have tried un-installing and then re- installing P...

Change Default color of a workbook
Its gray in color,how do I change it -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I am fairly sure that grey is the default color. you can change the color. Select the entire sheet. on the menu bar format>edit Cells click the border tab. in the lower left corner click the down arrow on the color combo box. select the color you wish. the in the border box select all lines. click ok. this is a custom change on your part. you would have to do this for each file you have. >-----Original Message----- >Its gray in color,how do I change it? > > >--- >Message posted fro...

Internal server information broadcasted over Internet via SMTP
When I Telnet to my Exchange 2003 SP1 server from the Internet, it responds with the below information. Does anyone know how to prevent it from broadcasting it's internal information? Thanks! 220 servername.domain.net Microsoft ESMTP MAIL Service, Version: 6.0.3790. Here you go: http://support.microsoft.com/?id=836564 -- Teo Heras "Dragon" wrote: > When I Telnet to my Exchange 2003 SP1 server from the Internet, it > responds with the below information. Does anyone know how to prevent > it from broadcasting it's internal information? > Thanks! > >...

Trouble Publishing FrontPage
I get this error message first: "Ran out of memory while trying to allocate 0bytes" When I click OK I get this message: "An unexpected exception occurred" Then it shuts down. I have not used FrontPage in a while but no setting changes that I know about What is going on. Thanks for your help. Mike You will be better off reinstalling FP2003, or at least repair it. It looks like the installation files are corrupted. You may also like to know that Microsoft has a new product that replaced FP2003 and it is FREE. The product is called SharePoi...

Edit a word in many publisher files
> I need to change one word in a few hundred documents in Publisher. > I can: > open each file>Ctrl'M'>highlight and paste the text> save and open the next. > This is very lengthy, surely somone will have some software to do bulk > changes to a large numbr of files.Pleasehelp me if you can ...

Use this correction pack for MS Internet Explorer
--ecbijsmiffcrdj Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="fclwclut"; type="multipart/alternative" --fclwclut Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="isrqoatsqo" --isrqoatsqo Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft User this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to maintain the...

Vlookup not working to merge workbooks?
HI, I have 8 workbooks, each with one work sheet containing an identical column A then the next three columns in each contain unique data that I want to combine from all 8 based on column A. I'm using the following formula: =VLOOKUP($A1,'A2 AlleleReport.XLS'!$A$1:$D$100,1,TRUE) Although I've opened and linked all the files using connections it doesn't seem to be working? Initially Excel opens up a box for me to browse where the linked file is (once I've put the formula in the first workbook), I click it, but then it refers to $A$1 of my 1st workbook t...

vlookup not working (active)
I have a random problem with vlookup that I've not been able to figure out. Sometimes when I try to lookup a value on a different workbook using vlookup, the formula disappears when I swich to the other workbook. I'm wondering if this has something to do with the format that the workbooks are save in. To work around this problem I end up having to copy the worksheet from the other workbook and paste it into the workbook I'm doing the vlookup in. This works, but is rather annoying. What causes this problem, and what's the solution? If the =vlookup() formula disappea...

Can you create a transparent text box in Microsoft Publisher
Can you create a transparent text box in Microsoft Publisher heater <heater@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > Can you create a transparent text box in Microsoft Publisher Yes. Ctrl+T. You cannot make the text partially transparent. The text box can only be semitransparent in Publisher 2002 or 2003, and this does not always print correctly. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher Thanks Ed, I tried that & it not quite what Im after. In microsoft word you can make the fill of a text box semi transparent. This is good for instance if you hav...

Commerical printing with Publisher 2003
I am doing the layout for an instructional manual that will (we estimate) have 130 pages. This manual will be going for printing and binding to a commercial print house. I recently spoke to a professional design and layout artist, who expressed a concern that Publisher 2003 may not be suitable for this task. They recommended InDesign, as to send my document to the commercial printer I must also do a printer spread (or imposition file) in order for the printer to be able to print, crop, fold and bind the document. I was also told that graphics must be CYMK in opposed to RGB (I do see tha...

Can you open a publisher 2003 publication in publisher 2000?
Can you open a publisher 2003 document in a publisher 2000 program? No -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Shaz" <Shaz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F6732D11-AD6F-4209-891A-CB05BD87ECC3@microsoft.com... > Can you open a publisher 2003 document in a publisher 2000 program? ...

Vista 64 Critical Updates Without Internet Connection?
I bought a refurbished computer for a customer and we're having problems detecting a Netgear WN111v2 USB wireless adapter. The first thing I think is update Vista 64 Business but there's no Internet connection on the machine. Is there a way to get all of the Vista 64 critical (and related) updates downloaded to my local dev machine then burned to a disk I can then install manually? I'm paging through the test.catalog.update.microsoft.com website at the moment but haven't done this before so confirmation may help me out. Hillbilly wrote: > I bought a refurbi...

Can I create "script with a tail" with Publisher
I am trying to create a baseball logo using "script with a tail". You can see examples of this with the Los Angles Dodgers or Baltimore Orioles logos. Can I accomplish this with MS Publisher? If I were doing a project like that, I'd use a graphics program such as Photoshop Elements. (Yes, I'm biased because I own that program and really like its capabilities.) -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Art Taylor" <Art Taylor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:30A889CF-EE61-4A52-8B23-88AAD379CDAB@microsoft.com... >I am trying to cre...

Publisher 2007's PDF converter removes transparency from pictures.
Hello, I really would appreciate any help in the following issue. I have some gif pictures in my publisher 2007 document that are transparent (tried this with png pictures too). Everything looks good when I print the document to a printer. But if I use Microsoft's built-in PDF converter then the transparancy becomes "white" and that is not good. My printer requires a PDF and can't work from publisher 2007 files. Any suggestions on how to STOP publisher from getting rid of the transparency?? Thanks! I'm not seeing this. When you move the image over another obje...

Works Publisher 2000 to Office Publisher 2003
My old computer had the P2000, I now have the 2003. The P2003 is not recognizing my 2000 files. How do I correct this. Ditto for Works "generic" database to Office Access 2003 You mention Works which makes me wonder if you are thinking that Home Publishing is the same thing as Publisher. It isn't. Could this be the problem? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Tutu" <Tutu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A4BA0555-0DB4-42F2-B8C2-F0F08F29999A@microsoft.com... > My old computer had the P2000, I now have the 2003. The P2003 is no...

Publish to a website
I need to autopublish my Excel workbooks when I save the workbook. However, the publish features will only save my workbook in a small window on the web page (maybe 800 by 600). I want the workbook to fill the whole screen in the web page similar to a normal looking Excel workbook. I'm using 1024*768 monitor. I have set the screen size to 1024 and 96pt in the Excel, tools, web options. If I save the workbook as a web page the web page looks as needed. However, if I use the publish button to enable autopublish it again defaults back to the small size. Couldn't find any he...

How do I print gridlines for a table in publisher 2003
I have made a table (graft) and want the gridlines to print & show up. I cannot find a way to accomplish this. Please advise. Select & highlight the table, click lines, more lines, select the grid option, you can also change the line weight and color in this menu. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Brenda" <Brenda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5C3055F3-3D53-4AB6-8992-25DAB43BF671@microsoft.com... >I have made a table (graft) and want the gridlines to print & show up. I...

Can't uninstall or install Publisher
I have a problem with Microsoft Office XP. I can install office xp, but I can not install or uninstall Publisher 2002. I am running XP SP2. I tried to uninstall Publisher through Add/Remove Programs it would not uninstall. I tried to repair Publisher with Detect and Repair still it would not remove. \ This is the message that comes up when I try to uninstall or Repair Publisher 2002. "The installation Source for this product is not available. Verify that the source exists and that you can access it. Have a look at the following articles: (325084) "Error 1612. The installa...

Publisher 2003 file
I created a tri-fold brochure. Now, I want to send it so that can be edited by others for their own use. How can I do this? Do they have Publisher? If so, just attach the file to an email. If they don't, they can't edit it. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "djh" <djh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:33D4244C-36BA-49DE-9255-B0E6455E7C23@microsoft.com... >I created a tri-fold brochure. Now, I want to send it so that can be edited > by others for their o...

Open Quark files in Publisher??
Is there any possible way to open a Quark file in Publisher? Hi MarkG (markg@jflv.org), in the newsgroups you posted: || Is there any possible way to open a Quark file in || Publisher? Nope. You would have to: 1. Attempt to use a copy/paste or drag/drop 2. Export the Quark pages as images supported by Publisher and insert them as images. 3. Export the Quark publication as a Word/RTF/Text item (less the images) and import the text only into Publisher 4. Export the Quark publication as a PDF, the go to ScanSoft.com and get the PDF software for Word/Publisher that allows you to import PDF...

Attn Publisher Users: Setting your Text Defaults!
Ok, wanna know how to save your text defaults for all future publications for Publisher 2002/2003. We have just discovered that you do NOT need the add-in that we developed. This feature has been there all along, since Publisher 2002 as a matter of fact. The Normal.pub feature (like the normal.dot feature in Microsoft Word) is actually present in these last two versions. Yes, it has been there all along! Thanks to Alex at Microsoft, as he was kind enough to point out after all these years that it truly does exist. I have created a tutorial, which is very simple: http://www.publishermvp...

Workbook Properties
Hi. I have an Excel spreadsheet. The Created date is different on the General and Statistics tabs. One is from 2001 and the other date is from 2004. The document was given to someone else to archive and then returned. Is that why the differences in dates are appearing? Is the date from 2001 the original creation date and the date from 2004 when I was given it back? The document was renamed by the other person. Thank you. Experimenting a bit it appears that the Statistics tab created date refers to when the file was created in Excel (File, New). The created date on the General...

adding multiple pages for a publisher e-newsletter/e-announcement
Lately I have been creating e-newsletter publications in publisher 2003 and so far they have all been a single page. Now, I need more room and was wondering if all I have to do is insert a page. Will all pages show up in an email of the publication or just the first page? (The computer i'm on right now won't allow me to send a publication as an email message, so I can't really check). Does anybody know how sending a multiple page publication as an email message work? lanosh wrote: > Lately I have been creating e-newsletter publications in publisher 2003 and > so fa...