Publishing web site using ProntPage 2003

I noticed that when I publish web site to the server after I made changes,
some of the files in the server are not changed. But some of them do get
changed. The unchanged files are not used in the web but still stay in the
server. I have no control of this. Can I force the server to match exactly
the web in my PC when I publish (delete all the extra files)? Thanks.
0
Jeffrey (17)

You probably got the wrong newsgroup, this is excel

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"jeffrey" wrote:

> I noticed that when I publish web site to the server after I made changes,
> some of the files in the server are not changed. But some of them do get
> changed. The unchanged files are not used in the web but still stay in the
> server. I have no control of this. Can I force the server to match exactly
> the web in my PC when I publish (delete all the extra files)? Thanks.
0
PeoSjoblom (789)

Publisher Problem
Volunteer Nancy C. Benner Janyszeski Answers Subject MS Publisher 2000 Problem Question I'm using Pub 2000 in on a Pent 4 3.06GHz processor 512 mb ram. Publisher is installed on the local drive (c:). Problem is when trying to open a publisher file from the network share it won't open. The files are on a NT Server 4.0 shared directory with full access to all users. When trying to open the file all it does is close publisher completely. If I do manage to get a file open when I try to save it the message appears stating that the destination drive (S:\shared) is full. An examin...

Text wrap in Publisher 2003
Hi all! Doesn't Publisher 2003 recognize automatically white areas around pictures like Publisher 2000 when using text wrap around the picture? Only way to do this automatically - that I know - is to save picture with Alpha Channel. EB Publisher 2003 works the same as 2000, just a little more manual work. With bitmaps you have to adjust the wrap points, but there are far fewer and the points are exactly where you put them. In 2000 the wrap points were arbitrarily placed, line art images end up with large numbers of wrap points at times. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microso...

Configuration using XML
Hello: I have read about using the XML .config files with Web Applications (Web.config) or console and winforms applications (app.exe.config). But i want to use it with class library in C# and i don't know how to do it. I have tried to add a configuration file to my project; Visual Studio created this app.config file and i added the following code in it: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> <configuration> <appSettings> <add key="RutaFicheroRss" value="C:\Documents and Settings\Javier\Mis documentos\Visual Studio Projects\Web...

Can an IF statement be used for 3 options?
Can I setup an IF statement to select between 3 options? For example, I have 3 divisions with 5 teams in each division. Can I setup a formula to have it enter the proper division if I have the team name entered. For example, if I have BOS in cell B2 how do I get cell C2 to say AL EAST. I have a tab called divisions with the divisions listed in cells A1, A2, and A3. The teams from division A1 are listed in cells A2, A3, A4, A5, and A6. Thanks. Assuming your division names are in A1:C1 and teams are in the 5 rows below each division (A2:C6), then try: =OFFSET(divisions!A1,,MAX(IF(I...

A Combination Chart using a Column and Line
I have a large amount of data about protein values and I have grouped these using the Analysis-Pak Histogram wizard. The resulting frequencies have been charted using the 'Column' Chart Type. Using the NORMDIST function I then plotted the appropriate Normal Curve as a 'Line' Chart Type on the same chart but using a secondary y-axis. I was wondering if there is any sensible way of scaling the NORMDIST values so that both sets of data can be charted on the same axis. Any suggestions will be gratefully received. ...

prompt user to select a cell for use ina formula
I would like to creat a macro to do the following: 1) Move the focus to a specific area on my spreadsheet. (A listing of paper types and weights, with multiple weights per paper type.) 2) Then prompt the user to select the appropriate cell, by actually selecting that cell not just entering the cell reference, and then to press the "enter" key. 3) Upon pressing enter to move back to the location of the command button that activated the macro. 4) Place the cell that was selected by the user into a specific cell. (This cell is then used in a formula.) Any and all help will b...

How do I use a password to protect an Excel file from peeping eyes?
Basically I finished my account tracker, but I would rahther use a password to prevent others from openning at all, I tried the Protect>>Protect workbook, but it doesn't work. Thanks. Do a file|SaveAs (you can use the same name). Then on that dialog Tools|General Options|provide a password to open (xl2002 wording) I think it was: tools|Options in earlier versions (but still under the file|saveas dialog) Fat Cat wrote: > > Basically I finished my account tracker, but I would rahther use a password > to > prevent others from openning at all, I tried the Protect>...

Can't build using DDKBuild on XP
I've got an older version of Microsoft DDK (3790.1830) for Windows Server 2003. But tried following this link http://www.osronline.com/custom.cfm?name=articlePrint.cfm&id=104 but get the following error as copied and pasted below here: Deleting intermediate files and output files for project 'KbFiltrProj - Win32 Debug'. --------------------Configuration: KbFiltrProj - Win32 Debug-------------------- DDKBUILD VERSION 3.15.38 FREEWARE FROM HOLLIS TECHNOLOGY SOLUTIONS Comments? Suggestions? info@hollistech.com The system cannot find the batch label specified - NoWI...

Receiving "Unknown" error opening DB tables (Office 2003 SP3)
I am receiving an error opening tables that only says "Unknown" and I cannot run the create table wizard. Here is what I have done so far: 1. I have reinstalled Office 2003, and upgraded to SP3. 2. The DB is written in Access 2000 and the default file format has been set to Access 2000. 3. Forms, Queries, and Reports all work well. 4. I cannot open a table, run it in design view or run the create table wizard. 5. I have not been able to install KB829558 for Microsoft Jet Pack 4.0. I receive an error saying this hotfix is older than the one installed on the PC. Has an...

win 2003
Is eOrder supported on windows 2003? I am getting a HTTP 404 error on my company's eOrder installation. How do I troubleshoot the error. In eOrder, when viewing existing orders, how can I add the order number 'SOPNUME' next to the master number. The older eOrder product? I am pretty sure it is not supported on Windows 2003. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Jack Tundra" wrote: > Is eOrder supported on windows 2003? I am getting a HTTP 404 error on my > company's eOrder installation. How do I troubleshoot the error. > > > > In eOrder, when vi...

Excel 2003
Hi - quick question, if you have a moment - I've got a (tall) column of names of the format: FirstName LastName I want to convert them to the format: LastName, FirstName Is this possible in Excel 2003? Thanks very much - Assume they start in A1, insert a new column B or use the one you have if it is empty, then in B1 put =MID(A1,FIND(" ",A1)+1,255)&", "&LEFT(A1,FIND(" ",A1)-1) press enter Select B1 again, move the cursor to the lower right corner of B1 and when it changes from a thick cross to a think double click and copy down the formula. S...

Switching from outlook express to office outlook 2003?
them I already have office outlook 2003 installed. But can't figure out how to switch to it and get all email and addresses from outlook express and import to office outlook 2003. Do I just delete outlook express? -- dagnag You don't have to delete Outlook Express. Just go into OUTLOOK. Click on Tools, Options. Now click on the 'Other' Tab - now check the box to make Outlook the default email program. "dagnag" wrote: > them I already have office outlook 2003 installed. But can't figure out how > to switch to it and get all email and addresses fr...

exchange 5.5 and windows 2003
I have a windows NT 4.0 domain environment and i am running exchange 5.5 on a member server. i am planning to upgrade the pdc to windows 2003 and i move to active directory. Can anyone help me with directions on how exchange 5.5directory will communicate with active directory.Because upgrading to exchange 2003 is not happenning in the near future. Mikeolo The Exchange 5.5 directory will not communicate with AD. It'll just continue to run happily on its own as it did under NT. -Peter "mike olo" <wewe@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:2ece01c48ece$265cf550$a501280...

publisher 2003 install with office 2003 std volume license
will this install without issue? Publisher is part of Office PRO but not STD. We have both but the HR person does not presently have PRO and we would have to buy a license. We push down the install from the serverbecause of volume licensing. We would like to get the stand alone with digital imaging (if we do vol license for Office PRo we would not have it) But we don't want any gotcha's if the standalon will not install properly. Hi jp (anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || will this install without issue? || || Publisher is pa...

MSWord 2003: how can I adapt US keyboard to UK English?
MSWord 2003: how can I adapt a US keyboard layout to use UK English? The layout of a keyboard does not prevent you from typing in UK English? Set Windows Regional settings to UK English and the keyboard to US English and the keyboard will type what is illustrated on the key caps. If you have an IBM PS2 keyboard and more money than sense, you could buy a new set of key caps and replace the US caps with the UK ones. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web ...

Issue with slow mail on Exchange 2003
Morning, I seem to be having a problem with my Exchange 2003 box, where intermittently, the outbound email will get "stuck" for lack of a better way to put it. An email sent at 3 p.m. this afternoon sat until 4:26, when it was finally delivered, along with a bunch of other emails. Now, when this happened again tonight (been going on for about a week now), i checked the tracking logs. For an email being sent, it just stated "SMTP Store Driver: Message Submitted from Store". It wasn't for another 40 minutes that the email was finally dsubmitted to Advanced Queu...

IE user trouble loading web mail with Exchange 2003 account
All, A user has been moved to a Exchange 2003 server, and cannot read her mail using Outlook Web access. It does not load the inbox, just the shortcut bar. Her account works on other PCs so it's just a PC setting. Any ideas? Thanks ...

Calendar as web page
I'm using Outlook 2002. When I save a calendar as a web page, it looks just fine in my local website when viewing in the browser. But when I publish it to my website, at the top where the days of the week should be, and at the bottom where the date the calendar was made should be, it says, "The page not found." Everything else looks fine. I have checked to see if I have not published a file related to the calendar, but can't find one. Help! ...

Help! All file menus and buttons have disappeard in Visio 2003
I''ve been using Visio 2003 for exactly one day. Somehow, all my File etc menus have disappeared along with every menu bar and button. And I see no way to get them back because there is no View menu for me to get to! I've tried all the F1-F12 keys - can someone help me bring my menus back??? Thanks Ben Hi Ben, Following knowledge base articles may help you to resolve the issue: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/305400 - Toolbar, toolbar button, or menu bar is missing in Visio http://support.microsoft.com/kb/291213 - Menus, toolbars, and stencils disappear in full-screen v...

Mailbox move after Exchange 2003 upgrade
I have 3 mailservers in my domain. Before I upgraded from 2000 to 2003 I was able to move mailboxes between servers without a problem. Now when I select a mailbox to move it looks like I do not have any other exchange servers to move them to. Has anyone had this problem before. My other 2 mailservers are on Exchange 2003 and have been for some time now. ...

Creating a new TASK using VFP9.0
I know this is a VBA group but I can't seem to get an answer from the VFP group on this subject. I need to create a new TASK and send it to the person I pick from a drop-down menu. This has to be done in FOXPRO (VFP9.0-SP2). I can get to Outlook and create/send an email, but I can not figure out how to create/send a TASK. Any help/sample code will be great. Thanks in advance -- Lost in Tampa I don't have a clue as to how you'd do it in VFP, but if you are using the CreateItem() method with an olMailItem argument to create a mail item substitute the olTaskItem en...

XPrint and Outlook 2003
About a third of the machines that we've deployed Outlook 2003 to will crash if the XPrint add-in is loaded. The error happens when you open a message, print it, and then close the message. Outlook will crash out when the message is closed and put the following in the event log: Faulting application outlook.exe, version 11.0.5510.0, stamp 3f1380f0, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, stamp 00000000, debug? 0, fault address 0x00000038. It doesn't matter if the message being printed is a custom for or a normal mail message, if the XPrint add-in is loaded, Outlook will crash. Any...

2003 .ade "unrecognized format" error
I had a 2000 .adp file that I converted to a 2003 .adp file. It converted correctly to 2003 and works perfectly. The code compiled and I then created a .ade file. The .ade file created without any errors. But when I try to open the .ade file I get the error: "The database is in an unrecognized format" and then it never opens. I have opened up MS Access 2003 and then file -> Open the .ade file and it still gives me the error. Has anyone had this problem before, and if so, is there a fix for it? Thank you for your time, T.J. ...

Outlook 2003 stop receiving email
I have a client who is using MS Outlook 2003, and as of yesterday she can no longer receive email, she can send but nothing comes in. We use OWA and we see all her email that should be coming in but isn't. Any ideas why or how can I check the SMTP/POP3 ports to make sure they are 25 and 110? Thanks, ...

unintentional BCC Outlook 2003/Exchange 2000
I have several users who send mail and the message gets delivered but the recipient sees it as a BCC; it's internal mail; usually this is a result of allowing the autocomplete of the address but it's happened in a simple 'reply all' as well, when no one was using BCC. Any ideas? -- regards, Zach ZachP wrote: > I have several users who send mail and the message gets delivered but > the recipient sees it as a BCC; it's internal mail; usually this is a > result of allowing the autocomplete of the address but it's happened > in a simple 'reply all'...