Protection Problem #3

I have a 3 sheet excel file with protection on all 3 sheets (let's call
them A, B and C). These 3 pages have formulas that link to each other.
Sheet A has a few checkboxes that link to sheet C. The problem is that
when I try to check any of the check boxes on sheet A an error box pops
up that says "The cell or chart you are trying to change is protected
and therefore read only". Is there a way to protect a sheet while being
able to check a box off that is linked to another sheet? What protection
options would allow me to do this?

Thanks in advance.
Dave

--
Dave123
Dave123's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27748

If you unprotect sheetC, then unlock those cells that are linked back to the
checkboxes on sheetA, then reprotect sheetC, does it work?

Dave123 wrote:

> I have a 3 sheet excel file with protection on all 3 sheets (let's call
> them A, B and C). These 3 pages have formulas that link to each other.
> Sheet A has a few checkboxes that link to sheet C. The problem is that
> when I try to check any of the check boxes on sheet A an error box pops
> up that says "The cell or chart you are trying to change is protected
> and therefore read only". Is there a way to protect a sheet while being
> able to check a box off that is linked to another sheet? What protection
> options would allow me to do this?
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Dave
>
> --
> Dave123
> Dave123's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27748
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=472581

--

Dave Peterson
0

Creating a Function Problem
I am trying to create a function in MS Access (Module) that assigns a Grade for a particular Credit Bureau Score but the functions I created returns the same value for all scores. Must be doing something wrong. I'm new at this so any help would be appreciated. Here are two Functions I created, both returning the same value: 1st Function Option Compare Database Function Grade2() As Integer If score >= 720 Then Grade2 = 1 ElseIf score >= 680 And score < 720 Then Grade2 = 2 ElseIf score >= 650 And score < 680 Then Grade2 = 3 ElseIf...

Help
WinXP-Pro/SP3. I use two monitors. Everything was working fine, until I recycled the machine on/off. Now, only one, the primary monitor, outputs video. When the machine is booted I see the post message on both monitors. When it starts to go into Windows, I see the Windows startup screens on both monitors. But...when I finally enter Windows, I get no further video from the secondary monitor. I have checked all video settings, and everything appears proper. Help! TIA, Herb <HerbF@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:j5s7m5lfl8hal4vmkdp8v1k3g8p55m9nvm@4ax.com... > ...

COleControlSite shutdown problem
Hi! we have the following situation: an old MFC-app (built with VC++6.0) loads a regular MFC Dll (built with VC++.NET), which loads several MFC extension Dlls (built with VC++.NET). one of the extension Dlls creates a frame-window, another one uses a CHtmlView within a docking pane. we dont use the document/view architecture. we dont have sources for the old MFC-app, just an Dll-interface. when I shutdown the app, it takes more than 1 minute till the CHtmlView object gets destroyed. during this time our app is frozen. I figured out, that it is the call m_pObject->SetClientSite(NULL) withi...

Inventory transfer #3
Hello We are using GP 10 SP1 , we entered inventroy transfer it updated the from site but not the TO site , can any one help Regards -- aboody The inventory transfer transaction removes items from the From site and moves them to the InTransit site. A PO Receiving transaction against the transfer document will complete the transaction moving the items from the InTransit site to the TO site. The assumption is that items are removed from one site, placed on a truck and driven across country for several days or so and then received at the destination. During transit, they are not at e...

getting started pane #3
How do I rid myself of the Getting Started Pane on the right side of the spreadsheet in Excell 2003 (Office Professional 2003) Jackson - > How do I rid myself of the Getting Started Pane on the right side of the > spreadsheet in Excell 2003 (Office Professional 2003) < Tools | Options | View | uncheck Startup Task Pane - Mike www.mikemiddleton.com Ok, so it doesn't come up when I open Excel, but it does anytime I select something (such as multiple cells and/or columns). How do I stop it from doing this? It is extremely annoying! "Mike Middleton" wrote: &g...

Alternate recipient problem #3
I have setup a local email account on our Exchange 5.5 (w/SP4) server to send a copy of emails to an alternate recipient. The alternate recipient is the user's personal email address outside of our domain. We can send mail directly to this user's personal address from our domain. The user is also able to receive mail to his Exchange server address from outside of our domain. However, mails sent from outside of our domain to his Exchange address are not being forwarded to his personal email address. The server is forwarding other user's mail to their personal accounts, ...

Small problem or big problem? No workbook at startup
I have been trying, rather unsuccessfully, to write an Excel macro. At times it seemed the memory had been corrupted, or at least that Excel was behaving oddly. I shut the computer down, let the hard drive come to a complete stop, and booted back up. Upon entering excel, there is no workbook present. If I select File|New, I get the familiar "Book1". Is it possible that I screwed up a setting somewhere and there is a menu choice to fix this? Is this a problem anyone here has faced? Thanks If it's an actual hardware problem, then I don't think you can fix it in excel! ...

ASP.net Exception Upgrade 3.0->4.0
I've set up a couple dev instances of our live CRM 3.0 installation and I get a blank screen with "Invalid Argument" whenever I attempt to login. It also logs an unhandled asp .net exception whenver I try. I thought it might be my upgraded tables but it seems to happen even if I create a new organization with deployment manager and make it the default. Here's the event log: Event code: 3005 Event message: An unhandled exception has occurred. Event time: 1/21/2008 4:20:29 PM Event time (UTC): 1/22/2008 12:20:29 AM Event ID: e208a5c4c9ef4ce691ca4eb8ee2e4ed7 Event sequence...

reprot/query problem
How do i go about adding a parameter query to a report deisgned to make labels so that i get certain criteria in the report?? have tried record source haven't had much luck with it. Thanks ...

Problems connecting with clients
I've had to do a manual install on clients and I still can't get the server (DPM2010)to communicate with clients, and I think the problem is on the server (Windows 2008R2x64). The client error log for DPMRA says "host is unreachable" but the server firewall config shows all the DPM apps allowed through for the domain. Any pointers? Here are some guidelines on how to debug it, I am assuming that DPM and PSes are in a single domain(or having trust to each other's domain) and you have successfully attached the agent on DPM. 1. One quick way to isolat...

Thread synchronization problem #2
Hello I am facing a problem in sychronizing 2 threads. I do have 2 classes (CPlayBuffer & CPlay) and 2 threads. CPlayBuffer will start from the main application. CPlay(Write into wave out device) thread will start from CPlayBuffer(read from the socket) thread. I am reserving 5buffers. As soon as i get 5 buffers i am signalling an event to notify the play thread to start read from the buffer queue. I am maintaining a circular buffer. In that i am keeping write position, read position, filled buffer nos. I am using CRITICAL_SECTION to avoid overlapping of the variable between 2...

Calculating dates problem
Hello, I use Excel 2000 and have a problem calculating the number of days between two dates. I insert both dates in separate cells, both cells containing the same date format, and when I try using "Paste Function" -> "Date & Time" -> "DAYS360" I get a windows in which I'm supposed to state the cell that defines the starting date and the cell that defines the ending date. The thing is, that when I click on said cells, the "number" word next to the "Start_date", or the "End_date" changes to "#VALUE". My...

Still having a problem with my combo box
i have manged to create my combo box and when i click on it to pull it down all my info of my customer names address postcode and numbers can be viewed i then click on one of the customer names and the name appears in the combo box this is fine and what i want but iam still unsure on how to display the rest of the info for that customer on the form , whats the best way to do it and could you explain in detail how to because iam very new and only learning about the fundimentals of access . See this article: http://www.mvps.org/access/forms/frm0058.htm -- Ken Snell <MS ACCES...

how to protect sheet from adding/deleting
I have a workbook on my website.(two sheets) I only want my people to view and print these sheets. How can I protect from deleting or changing the data? Tools/Protection - "Protect Worksheet" "Scott" wrote: > I have a workbook on my website.(two sheets) I only want my people to view > and print these sheets. How can I protect from deleting or changing the data? ...

ANOVA with 3 factors
Is it possible to using Excel to perform an ANOVA with 3 (or more) factors? Thanks Confused Slug - The Data Analysis wizards of Excel's Analysis ToolPak have only one-factor and two-factor ANOVA. For three-factor ANOVA, you could investigate using Minitab, SPSS, SAS, or R. Or, depending on your needs, you might be able to Excel's Regression tool or LINEST worksheet function if you're willing to set up the data matrix of binary indicator variables. Both the Regression tool and LINEST are limited to sixteen explanatory variables, so you're limited to four...

Business Fax Problem
When I try to send out a mass e-mail to my suppliers, I get their business fax in my contact list. Is there any way to deactivate this. Thanks for any help. Peter McCaul <compcoff@hotmail.com> wrote: > When I try to send out a mass e-mail to my suppliers, I get their > business fax in my contact list. Is there any way to deactivate > this. Since Fax numbers are valid electronic addresses, Outlook presents them to you. To prevent that, you must change them so that Outlook doesn't recognize them as valid. Put a string (like "F" or "FAX") in fron...

Problem in a query with DLookUp
I have a query that take the Data_Nascita value from table Anagrafica. In Expr1 i calculate the value in year, no problem. Then i am tring to get the correct value of Categoria related to age value i have the problem. With this code a get always the first value in the table that is not correlated to the age calculation and obviously is not correct. SELECT Anagrafica.Data_Nascita, DateDiff("yyyy",[Data_Nascita],Date())-IIf (Format([Data_Nascita],"mmdd")>Format(Date(),"mmdd"),1,0) AS Expr1, DLookUp ("Categoria","Anni_Categoria_Calcio_LND&...

restore public folder #3
Hi, I have restored the pub.edb in order to restore a public folder, I have restored it and all the services all running but when I try to see properties of the public folder in Exchange-Administrator message appears: The object cannot be found in the directory. This may be because replication has not completed. Microsoft Exchange Directory ID no.: c1010aae What can I do to see the properties ? Exchange-server 5.5 is installed on a W2K-server with Active Directory. Thanks. John "John Knijn" <john.knijn@pica.nl> wrote: >Hi, > >I have restored the pub.edb in ord...

Email problem #7
I have been using Outlook 2002 for email for quite some time. Recently, some of my incoming email is coming through as a text attachment instead of the usual email. (The email arrives and I then have to click on the attachment in order to read what the person sent me) Each time, the sender says they sent the email in the normal manner. This only happens with three of my contacts but it is a new issue. If I check my email over the internet instead of through Outoook, the email comes through in the normal way. Hope this makes sense and hope soeone knows how to stop it as it is mo...

File Sharing Problem with Publisher
Publisher 2000 and Windows XP Hello, I have a peer-to-peer network using Windows XP machines. Any time I create a publisher file, when someone else tries to open it up, they receive a message stating that they cannot open the file due to file sharing violations. If I save the file to their workstation, then they can open it up. I only encounter this in Publisher. Any thoughts? Jeff Jeff Bendert wrote: > Publisher 2000 and Windows XP > > Hello, > > I have a peer-to-peer network using Windows XP machines. > > Any time I create a publisher file, when someone else t...

Problem in attaching a USB Powered keyboard of IBM surepos 500
We have a problem in installing in IBM Sure POS 500 In the Duty Free environment in Qatar. They have purchased IBm POS machines. We have a problem in using the Keypad attached to the IBM POS machine. We are not able to activate the keypad. Cash drawer, Printer, Customer display are working fine and MSR. Please let us know if there are any documentation and can MRMS work with this Dynamic key attached along with the Touch screen, The display is a 12" IBM 4820-2GB and the Keypad that attached to this display is called a "keypad with MSR", its model number is 4820-6322 ...

NT4 connectiong to AD problem
We have a problem with loging of NT4 user to Active Directory native domain There is the message: "The system cannot log you on to this domain because the system's computer account in it's primary domain is missing or the password on that account is incorrect" This is NT4 server acting as a member of AD domain. We thing that it has something to do with Kerberos authentification, but can not tell why. Nothing was done today and we do not know what could cause this problem, but it is definately something with authentification issues . . . . Exchange services running with accou...

Time Problem
I have uploaded an ASCII text file to Excel. One of the fields is a 6 digit field for time. When I get it in the spreadsheet, I can not change it to time (154503 - should be 15:45:03). I've tried all the time and custom features but it still won't work or it will give me 00:00:00. Any ideas what I need to do? -- --------------------------------------------- Robert (RJ) Smith T.E.M. Beaumont Police - Sgt. Beaumont Emergency Management - Assist Coord. P.O. Box 3827 Beaumont Tx 77701 409-880-3830 (Off) 409-880-3895 (Fax) www.disaster-research.us "Robert Smith" <sgtsmit...

Year End Closing #3
Hi, I have read the year end closing articles in knowledge base and was surprised to find out that we don't run reconcile or checklinks anymore. All previous closes we did as well as different reports. Can anyone verify or tell me why we don't run them anymore or if you are? I am trying to get our checklists together for year end. Thanks, Connie There's nothing wrong with running Checklinks. But, you shouldn't need to do so. Just have a backup before you do so. The same goes for the reconcile utility. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Connie" wrote: > Hi, ...

Problem accessing varaiable declared in App Class
Hi, My app is an MFC Dialog app. I have a variable declared in my app class so that it is available to all classes in program using ((CMyApp*)AfxGetApp())->MyVar; The reason i do that is because i use this variable to give me access to my database and there are a number of places in my program that need to access my database. I am using an OLE DB command accessor to access the database and the variable i declace, gcmdAccessor, is used to open the database and query it. I open my databse in the initdialog method of my main dialog using HRESULT hResult = ((CMyApp*)AfxGetApp())->...