Protection of check boxes in excel 2002

Hi I have a form set up in excel with check boxes, and I wish to protect the
sheet but allow users to be able to select and deselect the check boxes.
When I protect the sheet and then use the sheet, an error mesage lets you
know the sheet is protected and read only, I have tried in format control for
the check box to deselect the locked option and lock text option. Its bound
to be simple but help is always welcome.
0
Newbeetle (7)

Try unlocking the cells that are linked to the checkboxes.

You can hide the columns/rows that contain the link (or move them to another
(hidden???) worksheet.

--

Dave Peterson
0

Simple when you know how.

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

> Try unlocking the cells that are linked to the checkboxes.
>
> You can hide the columns/rows that contain the link (or move them to another
> (hidden???) worksheet.
>
> Newbeetle wrote:
> >
> > Hi I have a form set up in excel with check boxes, and I wish to protect the
> > sheet but allow users to be able to select and deselect the check boxes.
> > When I protect the sheet and then use the sheet, an error mesage lets you
> > know the sheet is protected and read only, I have tried in format control for
> > the check box to deselect the locked option and lock text option. Its bound
> > to be simple but help is always welcome.
>
> --
>
> Dave Peterson

0
Newbeetle (7)

Excel VBA
Hi VBAers, I need to copy autofilter rows from one worksheet to another (within the same workbook). My autofilter code is: Columns("W:W").Select Selection.AutoFilter Selection.AutoFilter Field:=1, Criteria1:="TRUE" I'm not sure how to do the following: 1) code to copy the rows found to the other worksheet 2) how to cater for the situation if no rows are found. I've researched but all the help Google returns is rather confusing. Can someone please advise. On Feb 16, 2:43=A0pm, kazzy <kazm...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi VBAers, > > I ne...

Outlook 2002 and Norton Internet Security 'This is Spam' button
Whenever I click on the 'This is Spam' button that Norton Internet Security has placed on the tool bar of Outlook, Outlook reports a security message that an application is trying to access my address book. How do I allow Norton Internet Security to have unlimited access to my address book so that I do not have to keep selecting the allow access option? Thanks Check with Norton to see if you have the latest version of the software. Office XP SP3 causes this message to appear, and I understand Norton has adjusted their antivirus software to deal with it. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MV...

Sub to check and report any formula returned error (eg: #REF!)
I need a sub to run a quick check through a list of sheets (using their codenames) filled with a ton of formulae, and pop up an all clear msg if there are no errors (eg: #REF!) returned in any formula cell. If there are errors, msg will list the affected codenames. Thanks hi, Max ! > I need a sub to run a quick check through a list of sheets (using their codenames) filled with a ton of formulae > and pop up an all clear msg if there are no errors (eg: #REF!) returned in any formula cell. > If there are errors, msg will list the affected codenames. Thanks try with som...

Excel Data Querry using criteria from Cell
Hello, I have created a data query in Excel using DATA - IMPORT EXTERNAL DATA - NEW DATABASE QUERY and then selecting Access and browsing to an query within an Access database. This query returns all data into excel, but I would like to limit the criteria based on what a user has typed into a cell in the Excel workbook. I thought this could be accomplished by clicking DATA - IMPORT EXTERNAL DATA then PARAMETERS but the PARAMETERS option is grayed out. I can select EDIT CURRENT QUERY, but this just brings me into the Microsoft query, where I don't see any options to query based on...

Excel 2003 not understanding Access 2003 "like"
I have a number of Access queries linked and displayed in an Excel workbook by way of Data, Import External Data, Import Data. Some of the criteria and select statements in the queries use the keyword "Like" (e.g. Like "*Smith" to pull up all names ending in "Smith"). These statements seem to be completely ignored by Excel so that records I should see are not appearing in the workbook. This worked fine in versions 97 (from which we've just upgraded) so is this a version 2003 bug? If so, is there a fix? ...

Change 2007 excel Autofilter back to 2003?
Does anyone know if there is a way to change excel's 2007 autofilter functionality back to like excel 2003 autoflilter use to work? I need to quickly bring up like values and compare other columns based upon the filtered values and the extra clicking of the check boxes is driving me nuts! If it helps any (and if you haven't thought about it yet), you can click the "(Select All)" entry twice to remove your current selections. -- Rick (MVP - Excel) "jonnybrovo815" <jonnybrovo815@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:36837406-1...

PROBLEM SIZING A TEXT BOX IN A FORM
Access 2007/vista I have a form in which I cannot adjust the text boxes INDIVIDUALLY. I click on a text box and it becomes surrounded by an orange border, indicating it is selected. But when I size it smaller or larger, all the other text boxes in the form move in tandem. I have not encountered this before and am baffled. Ideas? -- William ...

record and print amounts in multiple boxes on 1099 forms
We have had several clients that have been very disappointed to learn that they can only do 1 amount box per 1099. For instance, they might need an amount for rents and one for non-employee compensation. I think it would need to be settable at time of transaction entry. One of our clients said they could do that in Quickbooks and was very surprised to learn that GP won't do it. -- BrianB ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in th...

microsoft woord 2002
HOW can I delete a document from mircrosoft word 2002 This is an Excel NG. However, if you use the File Open dialog box, you should be able to select/highlight the file you want to delete and then press the delete key. You can also use the Windows Explorer to accomplish the same thing. "DEH" wrote: > HOW can I delete a document from mircrosoft word 2002 "DEH" wrote: > HOW can I delete a document from mircrosoft word 2002 Click File>Open then choose the file and press the delete key. Oh, BTW this is and Excel newsgroup! ...

publishing images with Excel workbook
I have created an workbook with Excel and put a photo on the first page. when I publish the workbook as an web page (interactivity) my photo is missing. Anyone know what I am doing wrong? I have try everything I know to do = insert picture, putting copying photo to clipboard and shift, pasta picture and still logo is missing. Lee ...

How do I create a Cost Volume Profit Graph in Excel?
I was wondering if I could get some help on how to create a CVP graph in Excel 2007. A cost volume profit shows how costs, revenues, and profits vary with volume (sales). You can either plot total cost, or fixed and variable costs, which add up to total costs. One way to show this is to make a break-even chart. Put unit sales (number of items sold) in the first column, fixed costs in the second (which are a constant), variable costs in the third column (these are typically a straight line through zero), and in the fourth insert formulas that sum fixed and variable costs to make total ...

Reading ranges and copying data from Excel when it is not open
Is there a way in code to copy data out of an Excel file even if Excel is not up and running? If Excel were open, I'd copy, say, the first 30 rows and paste the info to PowerPoint. Then, since rows 1-5 are for column headings, I'd hide rows 6-30 and copy a new range which would look involve 30 rows, but since rows 6-30 were hidden would be 1-5 and then 31-55 as a contiguous block. I am trying to do this in VBA without opening Excel and instatiating objects, etc. Is it possible? What VBA commands would I use? You would need to treat the excel file as a database and use ADO to g...

Problem in showing dialog boxes from a regular dll
Hi, I had a MFC application to be used as icon window (hidden). Also I had a regular MFC DLL exporting functions that will show MFC dll. All these functions are calling the AFX_MANAGE_STATE macro and PreTRansalte message is implemented. If the functions are called from any exe they work as expected even calling from my tray icon app is alright. Now I have merged some the resources (dialogs and string) of tray icon into my dll. Still tray icon works fine. There is another console application that calls my resouce dll to display dialog boxes as well and it also works fine. Now if my ...

Mode Indicators in Excel?
A good example of a missing mode indicator one for whether th calculation mode is set to manual or automatic. Isn't there any othe way to find out other than going to the Tools>Options>Calculatio dialog? This has messed me up almost any time calculation gets set t manual. Another example is that trying to use stored Custom Views for filtere lists gives the error "Some view settings could not be applied" on som worksheets (usually complex ones), but works OK in others (usuall simpler ones). I know sheet protection is one thing that can caus this (which itself has no mod...

selecting a query from a combo box
HELP! Need to design a DB for my boss and I am lost! I have a database which lists students who have went on exchange over the last 17 years to over 20 countries and numerous institutions.. I have set up 3 queries/reports using parameters so the user can enter: 1) the year 2) the country or 3) the insitution. Now the problem is the insitution query as the name of the institution can get spelt various ways so I would prefer the user to select the institution from the drop down box which they use to enter the data into the table under the field "institution". My f...

selecting Access 2000 or "Access 2002" with the Convert Database command
I'm getting ready to convert a number of Access 97 mdb files to Access 2002. I'm looking over the instructions for doing this in the "Using MS Access 2002 - Special Edition" written by Roger Jennings. In that book, it says to select Tools - Database Utilities - Convert Database - To Access 2000 file format. Since this book is for Access 2002, I was surprised that it would suggest selecting the 2000 file format instead of 2002. I'm thinking this just a typo - but I thought I'd also check with this newsgroup to see if anyone knows of a reason why someone working in 2...

check box
hi all i am a beginner. i've created four check boxes, how to validate that atleast one check box is selected using DDV function. thanks & regards mani ...

creating text box dynamically in ms access
can any body please tell me the code to create text boxes dynamically or else please give me the link abt that information Thanq See help on CreateControl In general, this is only useful if you are creating some kind of wizard form that creates whole forms for end users. You don't want to be creating text boxes on the fly for a normal form. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "ravindar thati" <ravindarjobs@gmail.com> wrote in mes...

Drop Down box
How can I make a drop down box in a cell so to choose either of 3 selections? Does this require a macro or can it be done without? -- Thank you! Data Validation with List Option and in the source, either reference a range or type: Item1,Item2,Item3 http://www.ozgrid.com/Excel/data-validation.htm -- Regards Dave Hawley www.ozgrid.com "Doug" <Doug@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:39A645AC-3754-444E-B376-E869C4D4A3E3@microsoft.com... > How can I make a drop down box in a cell so to choose either of 3 > selections? > Does this ...

Auto Filter
When using the filter only the first 1000 unique entries in a list will appear when you click on the arrow. I have more than 1000 unique entries [ie. company names] that I would like to see when filtering. Is there any way of being able to accomplish this? Hi you may have a look at http://www.contextures.com/xlautofilter02.html#Limits for a workaround Frank Gail wrote: > When using the filter only the first 1000 unique entries in a list > will appear when you click on the arrow. I have more than 1000 > unique entries [ie. company names] that I would like to see when > filterin...

Chart drawing problem in Excel 2003
Over the last few months I have had the same problem in excel with all charts where I've used a two colour fill effect for either a data series or background. When I use this feature the entire chart is only viewable in black and white and excel takes a long time to actually draw the chart. However if I print the chart or even copy and paste into excel all the colours are as they should be. The mpeg moving shows how excel draws an example chart when the chart sheet is activated http://www.paperlessbooks.co.uk/barchart_example.avi and to see how excel prints to pdf see the pdf belo...

Excel cant SAVE added data?
This is a copy/paste with minor edits from post submitted yesterday ... Excel 2000 ... I have a single page spread sheet (my own) ... built in Excel 2000 (still Excel 2000) that was working fine. After expanding the spread sheet to handle more equipment I received error message stating: Excel can not SAVE all of the added data & formatting ... Here I had the option to select OK without fixing ... CANCEL ... or ... HELP. I selected HELP & ended up on a blank HELP Page ... So now I am turning to this board. Anybody know what gives? Could I be running into a formatting limit i...

Coloured wheel of death with excel
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I get a coloured wheel of death every time i use excel from office 2008, almost every time I type into a cell, for about 3 - 6 seconds. I've looked on here and there seems to be a lot of discussion about hp drivers, but I don't have an hp printer. I'm working in normal view. Can anyone help? First, be certain that both Office (12.2.3) & OS X (10.6.2) are fully updated. Run Disk Utility - Repair Disk Permissions, then see if things improve after a restart of your Mac. If things are still ...

how can I split a single cell diagonally in Excel 2000
Anyone out there know a way to split a single excel cell diagonally in order to have it contain 2 pieces of information? Forrest, As far as I know, you can not split a cell diagonally so that it can contain 2 pieces of information. However, you can merge cells which might give you the effect that you want. To do so, go to the standard toolbar and hit Format -> Cells -> Alignment Tab -> Text Control and work with the merged cells option. ---- Regards, John Mansfield http://www.pdbook.com "Forrest" wrote: > Anyone out there know a way to split a single excel ce...

Excel cut/Paste Problem: Year changes after data is copy and paste
I am using Excel 2003, and here is the problem. I have an Excel sheet that contains financials. Different departments need different sections of the data, so I copy and paste out only those sections they need and paste it into a new Excel sheet. The colums are broken up into dates, and formated to show date-year (Dec-05). For some reason, when I copy and paste sections, the date will change, for example Dec-05 will change to Dec-01. I have to go thru and manually correct all the dates. Can anyone tell me what is causing this? . .. maybe the cells in the New worksheet are preset to a c...