Protecting choice buttons

I've created these great choice buttons but now I want to lock them so users can't accidentally delete/move/edit them. If I lock and protect them, nobody can click on them. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
TW
0
tina.west (1)

Maybe just protecting the objects would be sufficient:

Something like this in code:

ActiveSheet.Protect DrawingObjects:=True, Contents:=False, Scenarios:=True

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

why can't i find the send button and how do I configure e-mail
I seem to be able to write the e-mail but do not have a button to send. the message tells me my address is not configured? Did you create a profile for Outlook to use? http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/newprofile.htm "LJDICKER" <LJDICKER@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:211018AE-F489-4002-864E-FAEEC141AF6F@microsoft.com... > I seem to be able to write the e-mail but do not have a button to send. the > message tells me my address is not configured? ...

Adv Find and other toolbar buttons in Outlook not working
Not sure when it stopped working, but everything in CRM client for Outlook was working fine, but recently I can't click on the advanced find, or any of the other CRM buttons in the toolbar (Adv Find,Track in CRM,New Record etc). I can use CRM in every other way. The addin for Outlook has CRM listed. I've tried removing and re-adding, but still cannot use. I can use all these in the web client, but cannot in Outlook. Using Outlook 2003. Luvsql - This is a common problem (if you search this newsgroup you will find a couple of other references to this same problem). Not sure...

Make Command Button print Specific Report
How do I call up a specific report based on a field on a Form? I have 5 reports, each designed somewhat similar, but paragraphs are different on each. I would like the form field "Contracttype" determine which report opens to print or preview. I have tried this. In the design view I created a command button, in the properties under On Click I opened the ... button and entered this code under Code Builder. If ContractType = “Electric” Then DoCmd.OpenReport "Electric" If ContractType = “Gas” Then DoCmd.OpenReport "Gas" If ContractType = “Oil” Then DoCmd.OpenR...

Protect all sheets at once
I have a workbook with about 30 pages. I want to be able to protect and unprotect them all at once. I cannot select all sheets and then protect them because the option will not be available. Any Ideas? TIA Wayne ~me~ wrote: > I have a workbook with about 30 pages. I want to be able to protect and > unprotect them all at once. I cannot select all sheets and then protect them > because the option will not be available. Any Ideas? > TIA > Wayne I have a couple of macros I use to protect/unprotect each worksheet in large workbooks. I have them assigned to buttons on a custom ...

Protect and Share Questions
I would like to share a file which I only want everyone to be able to view the file and not make changes. But currently I have the file on the share drive but everyone has full control also when someone has the file open I am not able to save changes. Can someone out there give my some tips to help me out? Any info is good info. Thanks Jeff, Do you have your workbook protected? if you use a password to protect it, be sure to record it someplace safe so you can get to it later for making changes - you never know when a little amnesia will hit!! ;) jeff >-----Original Message----- ...

Excel Cell Protection not Working
Hi All, I am experiencing a problem with Excel cell locking / sheet protection. When I format a range of cells to be locked and then protect the sheet. Only the very first cell selected out of the wider selection becomes read-only. If I unlock this cell then select all the other cells then protect, none of them become read-only. Therefore the protected cell is not moving but instead becomes just one cell on the sheet every time if it is locked. Any ideas? Regards, Sean Usual procedure is.................. CTRL + a to select all cells. Format>Cells>Protection.........

Sheet protection with unlocked cells
I just upgraded from XP to 2003. I have an XP spreadsheet that is protected except for a number of cells that are open for anyone to enter data in. They use a macro to clean all prior data before they beginn their entery. 1) Why does the macro (when run on my 2003 software) lock all cells? 2) How do I remove data without changing ANY cell properties? Thank you. Hi you may post the existing macro -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Norm wrote: > I just upgraded from XP to 2003. I have an XP spreadsheet > that is protected except for a number of cells that are >...

Openning Grouped Columns in Protected Sheets
We want to put such a protection to the sheet that, the protection will not prevent the user from openning grouped columns. This is possible only through a macro, for example: Sub a() With Sheet1 .EnableOutlining = True .Protect , True, True, True, True End With End Sub This setting does not get saved with the workbook, so it must be reset by running this macro each time the workbook is opened. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP ...

missing button "auto-archiving"
hello ng, I'm missing the button "auto-archiving". normaly the button is under "Optionen..." or under "Folder\Options.." Outlook 2003/SP2 WinXP/SP2 regards thomas Thomas <none> wrote: > hello ng, > > I'm missing the button "auto-archiving". > > normaly the button is under "Optionen..." or under > "Folder\Options.." Normally, it's under Tools>Options>Other for English versions of Outlook. Since you mention "Optionen", I take it you're not using an English version of Outl...

Using text boxes and command buttons to search
hi i am using excel 2000, i have a few columns but the main ones are: Christian Name Surname Employee Number i want to have a text box or combo box at the sheet for each serach, they will only be, Surname and employee number, when i typ in for example bloggs into the surname text box and click the command button "next" i want it to find every entry in the surname column matching the word bloggs, and the same with employee number? but i have no idea how? i have created the text box and button but dont know what to do with them? is this the best way? this is...

Change button
I have been researching how to link transactions. The answer seems simple: Clicking the "change button" on the transaction. The trouble is, I absolutely cannot find such a button. Where should it be precisely? Is there anything in my settings that could prevent me from seeing such a button? Frank Hartmann wrote: > I have been researching how to link transactions. The answer seems > simple: Clicking the "change button" on the transaction. The > trouble is, I absolutely cannot find such a button. Where should it > be precisely? Is there anything in m...

Import/Export XML in protected worksheet
I developped an excel tool on which most of the cells are protected (and I need to keep them protected). I mapped an XML schema on all the worksheet entries. I would like to be able to import and export all these entries but Excel does not let me do that when the worksheet is protected. Can anybody help? ...

DPM not working after swap protection agent
Last week, we swapped one of the servers protected by DPM 2007SP2 on Windows Server2003. We kept the same server name, same Raid configuration and transfered all the data. Manually re-install DPM on the new server. Remove and recreate protection group on DPM server. Keeps getting "Inconsistent replica" and when rerun, the "consistency check" job stucks at 67mb. There is new volume created in the replica folder in the DPM server. I manually moved all the files from old volume to the new volume folders. Rerun but still getting hung at "consistency c...

Expanding/Collapsing outlines when protected
When protecting a worksheet, what options must we select as exceptions in order for the user to be able to expand or collapse outlines when the worksheet is protected? If there is such an option does it open the door to other unexpected edits? I don't think you'll find an option to use for enabling outlining. But you can use code: If you already have the outline/subtotals/autofilter applied, you can protect the worksheet in code (auto_open/workbook_open??). Option Explicit Sub auto_open() With Worksheets("sheet1") .Protect Password:="hi", useri...

Using Custom button to add variable item code
I need to use custom button to add item code to transaction screen but my Item code not always same Item, it can change Itemlookupcode depend on condition including Price or Quantity so that I cannot use Internal command 'PerformAddItem' , I write dll to use qsrules but it's not working , my code like these: Public Function Process(session as Qsrules.Sessionclass) as Boolean dim Entry as TransactionEntry Entry = Session.Transaction.Entries.Add(1,"11200",1,False,1,,,False) Entry.SetPrice(300) end function ****It's not working including c...

Protecting macros to avoid unauthorised changes
Hi I heard of a method using the VBA editor to protect macros with a password to avoid changes to the macros. Can someone help me with the detail of this procedure. Thanks Des. in the vbe>right click on the workbook name>properties>protection "Des" <des.mallalieu@sympatico.ca> wrote in message news:0a5401c39af6$932e8e40$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Hi > > I heard of a method using the VBA editor to protect > macros with a password to avoid changes to the macros. > > Can someone help me with the detail of this procedure. > > Thanks > > Des....

Button to select singatures?
Hello, I'm running Office 2003. If I have several signatures to choose from, is there a way to just click on a button on the toolbar to add as specific signature? Thanks boe <boe_d@dontspamhotmail.com> wrote: > I'm running Office 2003. If I have several signatures to choose > from, is there a way to just click on a button on the toolbar to add > as specific signature? The Signature button on the Standard toolbar seems to work for me, when using the Otlook editor and a right-click on the default signature when using Word also works well. -- Brian Tillman ...

Can I use the grouping and lock and protect cells
I want to be able to make some cells so that they cannot be chaned and also use the grouping? Hi bfisher Read this from Dave Peterson If you protect the worksheet in code, you can do more things Add this to a general module: Option Explicit Sub auto_open() With Worksheets("sheet1") .Protect Password:="hi", userinterfaceonly:=True .EnableOutlining = True End With End Sub It needs to be reset each time you open the workbook. (excel doesn't remember it after closing the workbook.) (you could use the workbook_open even under ThisWorkbook, too.) I...

finding the password to unlock a protected cell/chart
I'm trying answer a survey in an excel sheet and everytime I try to type in an answer a message comes up saying I need to remove protection.When I head up to tools and follow the prompts,I need a password to complete the procedure . Can anyone tell me what that password is ? Thanks P Hi, Have you contacted the original author of the survey? Cheers Andy Pizza wrote: > I'm trying answer a survey in an excel sheet and everytime I try to type in > an answer a message comes up saying I need to remove protection.When I head > up to tools and follow the prompts,I need a p...

Changing of Cell protections after saving Excel File (2002)
This problem occurs when I protect a document using a macro 4.0 function: =PROTECT.DOCUMENT(TRUE,,,TRUE,TRUE). When I use the function within a macro4.0 macro, on an original file, everything works fine. The sheet has unlocked cells, and when the sheet is protected, it allows me to access those cells. But if I save the file, or save.as another name, then the fun begins. The enable selection of the sheet( view codes) has gone from 0-xlNoRestrictions to -4142- xlNoSelection. This locks me out of doing anything in the sheet. When I unprotect and then re-protect the sheet using the T...

Buttons for multiple subforms...?
Hello... I have a form where i have multiple subforms. The main subform is our client's contact information, and the subform I am trying to add a button for is for our call notes to log our call. The call log subform is linked to the customer contact info via customer number and displays the correct call notes for each client as i go through our client. I am having trouble adding a button to navigate through the different call log records. Each time i push teh button it goes through our customer's contact information. How can i add the button so it will go to...

No send button #2
For some friggin' reason, there's no SEND button to be found anywhere in my Microsoft Outlook. I can't figure any way of sending an e-mail from this program. Someone please say that this has happend to you, and could you please tell me how to fix it. do you have an email account configured? what version of outlook are you using? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours http://www.poremsky.com - http://www.cdolive.com Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Expert Zone http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone Search for answe...

Making a toolbar button that can format cells a certain way...
In lieu of changing color, shading, outline, bold in 4 separate steps, I'd like to have a button that does it. Perhaps it'd be a button tied to a macro? Or some other way? One way: Use Tools/Customize to put the Style dropdown control (from the Edit category) on a toolbar. Create a style or styles (Format/Styles...) with the combination you want. Choose the style from the Style dropdown. In article <120d8f1c.0409150908.63743461@posting.google.com>, trippknightly@hotmail.com (Tripp Knightly) wrote: > In lieu of changing color, shading, outline, bold in 4 separate s...

Patch requirements for WS2008 R2 with DPM Hyper-V Protection
Are there any patches necessary to backup and restore Hyper-V virtual machines when running Windows Server 2008 R2 with DPM 2007 SP1? There is a list of patches here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd347840.aspx but I wouldn't think they would apply to ws2008 R2. You will need Hyper-V rollup update 975354 ( http://support.microsoft.com/kb/975354 ) on Windows Server 2008 R2 to backup Virtual machines using DPM 2007 SP1. -- Thanks Shyama Hembram This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Drew" &l...

Option Buttons #9
I have a form that has option buttons for answering "Yes" "No" questions. About 45 sets. Everything works really well but this form may also need to be printed off and filled in by hand, (and then be entered later). Is there anyway to have all option buttons read false, as apposed to having one read true and the other read false for each set, so when it is printed everything is blank. (Not selected) As it is when printed one or the other has been selected and is therefore the dot is printed. Thanks for the help!! Mike Rogers First, I would think that since you&#...