Protected sheets and running macros

i have a sheet with  a macro ran by a normal button at the top. Howeve
when i protect the worksheet where ever i click on the sheet the macr
executes.

Can any one offer any advice on how to stop this?

Thanks
Robert

hi,

i am not able to reproduce the problem, hence i may not be able t
provide a panacea for that issue.

here is what i suggest.

i have a sheet that has a macro that is run when a control toolbo
button (that is, not a form button) is clicked.

this sheet is protected based on the user logged in. what i have don
is to protect the button through another macro. this button become
disabled, hence it does not run the macro when clicked on.

mac

How do I convert an entire spread sheet form inches to centimeters
I need to convert my entire spreadsheet from inches to centimeters. I found a way to convert a cell value, but is there a way to convert all the values in the spreadsheet? Hi It depends on how the information is entered. If a cell contains 9 (meaning 9 inches) you can convert this to cm by multiplying by 2.54 (ish). If all of the cells you wish to change are simply numbers like that, then you can type 2.54 into a cell, copy it, select the range of numbers, and Paste Special / Multiply. It might be that we need more information on the layout/content of your sheet. -- Andy. "Te...

disable unhide sheets on toolbar
Hello is there a way to dis-able the unhide sheets toolbar? TIA, Ditchy Hi Ditchy Protect the workbook (Tools > Protection menu) to prevent hiding, unhiding and renaming of sheets. HTH. Best wishes Harald "ditchy" <ditchy@ncable.net.au> skrev i melding news:1115110468.548181.247220@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hello > is there a way to dis-able the unhide sheets toolbar? > TIA, Ditchy > If you want to take out that control then use Application.CommandBars("Worksheet Menu Bar").Controls("Format").Controls("Sheet").Co...

spell check does not visually cycle through cells when run from macro?
I'm trying to recreate the same behavior in a macro that spellcheck has when the spellcheck button is pressed. The spellcheck does not cycle through the cells visually when run from a macro, so when there is a misspelled word, you cannot see the cell it is a part of. If anyone knows how I can get this behavior to work, it would be GREATLY appreciated. I did a record new macro, and got code similar to the following: Sub testSpelling() Range("F2:F500").Select Selection.CheckSpelling SpellLang:=1033 End Sub thanks, dan Dan, Add the fiollowing to your code as shown: ...

Limited Password Protection
Is there way to put password protection for preventing modifications in original file. but still allow copy and paste from the original file to another? Thanks, Sameer Hi Sameer I'm afraid password protection is ON or OFF there's no limited protection AFAIK -- john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/powerpoint_hints_and_tips_tutorials.html "Sameer" wrote: > Is there way to put password protection for preventing modifications > in original file. but still allow copy and paste from the ...

Foreground locking error running scheduled integration
I have a scheduled integration setup that first runs the login to GP, then an integration group (2 AR integrations). I have them set at 5 minutes apart. The TK article for this particular error says that the error is because "Great Plains is still in the process of launching when the Integration Manager starts running." I then increased the time to 15 minutes apart and finally at 30 minutes apart, but the first record of both integrations still fails with this error "could not set foreground locking value to 0." How can I get rid of this error? It only takes les...

Setting directory for file save in macro
Hi Thanks to a generous poster I now have a great bit of code to use in a macro for Excel which saves a text file (I'm no VBA programmer so this was really helpful), i.e.: Open "Test.txt" For Output As #1 (rest of code) My problem now is this: The macro saves test.txt to Excel's current active folder, rather than the folder that the current workbook is contained in. For example, if I last saved an Excel workbook to c:\workbooks\, and the workbook that I have open exists in c:\workbooks\workbook1\, when I run the macro it saves the text file in c:\workbooks\. If I ...

How to record percentage increases in materials costing sheet.
I am trying to do a materials costing sheet where I would like to be able to periodically increast the base cost of the product by different percentages. E.g. Cost of Apples $10.00 but might be increased by 5% then 2.5% and therefore the base cost would keep changing. I know how do first % increase but not how to then use that figure as the base figure for future adjustments. Thanks for amy help. I am very new to this. You could put a % in one cell. Select the cell and give it a name by Insert-->Name-->Define. Call it "increase". Then, in the cell where you put the f...

2003 SP1 ADC running with Exchange 2000
Can you run ADC version 2003 SP1 even though all your Exchange servers are still 2000? This means that you have already ran domain/forest prep right? If so you can only run the 2003 version of the ADC. This is not recommended and could cause replication errors with Exchange/AD. Mark "BrianG" wrote: > Can you run ADC version 2003 SP1 even though all your Exchange servers are > still 2000? Correct, domain and forest prep has already been ran. Why can I run 2003 but not 2003 with SP1? We want to use the cross adminstrative group mailbox move function that came with...

Range of an Excel Sheet
I want to open a linked Excel Sheet with the appropriate range. The excel filename / range I have is the following: C:\Documents and Settings\aparmar\Desktop\Book1.xslx!Sheet!R1C1:R5C2 I'm opening the following by stripping of the extra information : C:\Documents and Settings\aparmar\Desktop\Book1.xslx How do I select the Range in Excel using !Sheet!R1C1:R5C2 ? thanks, Amrit Command lines to open workbooks do not include specific sheets and ranges. To open to a specific sheet and range selection you must use VBA Name the range then add this code to Thisworkbook module of Book1...

Can you record a macro in Publisher like you can in Excel?
In Excel I use the feature to Record a Macro. Excel records the keystrokes and converts to VB. Does Publisher have that option? In my version, Publisher 2003, I can Create a Macro, and it takes me into VB. However, I don't know how to code VB. Darlene wrote: > In Excel I use the feature to Record a Macro. Excel records the keystrokes > and converts to VB. Does Publisher have that option? In my version, > Publisher 2003, I can Create a Macro, and it takes me into VB. However, I > don't know how to code VB. Publisher does not have a Macro Recorder, sorry. --...

Macros/Signatures Question
I have an Excel Workbook that I created for a PC Order Form. I set it up to only make certain rows visible based on the Machine Model that they choose. I digital signed the Worksheets and exported the Digital Signature Certificate and installed it on the User’s PCs. The code works great. The user opens the Workbook and it runs the Macros with no problem. The problem I have is when the user goes to save the Workbook. They get an error that “Excel can not sign VBA macros when saving to this file format. Do you want to remove the digital signature and continue saving this workbook?”...

Protecting Application by Admin Password.
Hi All, How I can Protect my Mfc application by asking for Admin Password/ Username? Is there any API to do this? Any Samples will be of great Help. Thanks in Advance. Prash What's the purpose of that? Arbitrary applications should NOT ask for admin username/password, it's not their business. Only LSA should get them. <prashanthaputta@rediffmail.com> wrote in message news:1172392260.217834.127740@p10g2000cwp.googlegroups.com... > Hi All, > > How I can Protect my Mfc application by asking for Admin Password/ > Username? Is there any API to do this? > > An...

Macro Copy and Paste
I am currently trying to copy from one workbook that has 7 differen tabs and paste into one worksheet on a separate master workbook. M problem is that when I set up the macro to copy from one of the tabs i the workbook and paste to the other work book, I only want the the row to come in where there is data. Currently I am having to run a macr that takes every 100 lines, but ideally I only want the informatio copy and pasted where there is only data. In addition, once I have copy and pasted everything from the first tab my next step is to copy and paste information from the second tab t th...

Referring to a FileName in Macro
I have a Macro with the following code Application.Run "TestQry!Macro2" Application.Run "TestQry!Macro1" TestQry is the name of the file. Is there anyway that this macro cod can refer to the activeWorkbook or filename so that if the file i saved to a new name this macro will still ru -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com How about just: macro2 or even call macro2 "DoctorV <" wrote: > > I have a Macro with the following code > > Application.Run "TestQry!Macro2" > Application.Run "TestQry!Macro1" > &g...

Macro Question #10
Hi, I am working with a text file that I imported into Excel. It is a transactional report of sales by customer. The data will have the customer number and name spread out over three cells. What I want to do is to create a macro that will contatenate all three cell and then perform a paste special and paste them into another cell in another column. Since the number of transactions by customer can vary the customer name and number can appear anywhere on the page. I created a macro to do this using the first customer which appears in cell B5 through D5. The next customer appears...

Fragments Left after running XP Defrag Program
Ran Defrag and had two 'Fragments' reported (last two lines of the log print). One was for 6156 Fragments and one was for 7030 Fragments; the first file is 1.51 GB and the second is 2.00 GB, and both are 'buried' deep in \Documents and Settings\Bill & Peggy\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\25C08628.........\Microsoft\Outlook Express\ and both files are .dbx files. Question: These files are apparently taking up 3.5 GB of HD Space; can I delete them? I do not use Outlook Express although I have in the past, but now am using exclusively MSN for both my ...

Sheet outline range.
How can I determine in vba the range occupied by a sheet? The edges of the sheet may be "ragged" ie. there will be blank cells within the range and at its edges - I want to determine the overall rectangular occupied outline to use in a Range statement. TIA Chris Depending on what you want, you may want to try .usedrange. msgbox worksheets("Sheet1").usedrange.addresss (for example) Be aware that excel keeps track of the usedrange in a way you probably don't--it remembers the last used cell, even if you've cleared that cell. Debra Dalgleish...

Spreadsheet macro stopped working!
Hi, I recently made an Excel spreadsheet for keeping track of my golf score. The spreadsheet is quite simple. It consists of 4 sheets: Scorecard, statistics, database and equations (for calculating some specific). I insert informations about the golf course I'm playing and how my score was etc. I then hit a button "Save scorecard" that runs a macro. The macro inserts specifik values from the scorecard into the database sheet (which works like a charm). The macro also updates the "Statistics" sheet with information about stroke number and points for ...

How do I Run Outlook and keep it on the hard disk
I had another hard drive installed on the computer and had Office 2000 installed on it but I do not appear to have Outlook. How can I get it onto the hard drive and get it to stay there? Mike <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I had another hard drive installed on the computer and had Office 2000 > installed on it but I do not appear to have Outlook. How can I get it > onto the hard drive and get it to stay there? Can you be more precise? If, for example, you hae another disk added to your PC and the new disk was made the C drive, then it's no surprise. If, i...

Excel 2007 macro compatability
I have created a macro in Excel 2007 that includes importing a text file. It works fine on my PC, but fails on a co-workers PC running Excel 2000. The failure points to the "TextFile Platform" command in the macro. I have tried several (437, 1252, 20127), but get the same results. Any solution? Thanks you. Have you try xlWindows -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "Al @ Frontier" <Al @ Frontier@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3F601F80-F099-42C8-AA18-6D31A85946F9@microsoft.com... >I have cr...

User authentication/protection
I'm a professor and use Excel extensively in my classes. I need to be able to assign Excel projects to my students and have some increased assurance that the students have submitted their own work. I've tried my hand at VBA programming and also simply used track changes. None of these solutions (even the track changes) worked reliably across both mac and pc platforms. I would like some advice about whether what I need from Excel is even possible. I Here's what I need and what I think would work: 1. I'd like to prevent a student from getting someone else's sol...

Excel E-mail Macros
I need to know how to create a macro that will send an excel file as an attachment to one individual, and then send one of the file's worksheets to 3 e-mail addresses using the mail recipient method so that the worksheet appears in the body of the e-mail. The e-mail program I am using is Outlook. Any help with this will be GREATLY appreciatd. Hi John, I'd tell you, but Ron de Bruin already did all the work. It'd be silly for me to do it again...Try Ron's site: http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm tim "John" <jbegley@dcas.nyc.gov> wrote in message ne...

format macro
Last week, Art was trying to help me with this, but the solution doesn't work for me. I'm looking for a macro that would be contained within my personal.xls, that I could use as needed. Lets say I have A1:C5 selected, which represent headdings and data for jan, feb and march. [On a different spreadsheet, it may be different columns, or a different number of columns. The point is that I will select the range before I run the macro.] I want to do an auto fit for each column, so that the column widths are big enough to fit the numbers. No problem, format-->column-->autof...

Sort a 'Protected' sheet
Using Excel 2002, when I try to sort a protected sheet with a macro, I get a dialog box with 'Run time error 1004'. I allowed sorting when I set up the macro. Do I need to 'unprotect' the sheet with the macro and then 'protect' it again after the macro does its sorting? Any suggestions? Thanks, Barney As ALWAYS, post your coding efforts for comments -- Don Guillett Excel MVP SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Barney" <barneypo@no-spambellsouth.net> wrote in message news:srMii.817$yD2.605@bignews1.bellsouth.net... > Using Excel ...

Run Windows XP OS from DVD???
I am sick of having to upgrade my anti-virus software every few minutes and still getting virusses I am toying with the idea of removing my hard drives and having a bootable DVD with the WinXPPro on it with only the apps I use installed. Anything I want to save off internet or word processor would be saved to a USB stick. I have 4gB of Ram installed so I would not need a swapfile so the question is this... How do I go about creating a windows Bootable DVD with the software I require installed on it such as the drivers for the USB sticks. I may eventually just have a small...