Protect Worksheet but allow to insert or delete rows

I have set up a worksheet, locked and unlocked cells as needed and I want to
allow the user to insert and delete rows.  But, when I set protection and
tick "Insert Rows" and tick "Delete Rows"; the menu only will allow "Insert
Rows", the "Delete Rows" field is not accessible.

Solution?

Do you get an error message saying that you can't delete the row since there are
locked cells on that row?

I do when I protect a worksheet using your options and then rightclick on a row
number and choose delete.  (And that row contains locked cells.)

--

Dave Peterson
0

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

> Do you get an error message saying that you can't delete the row since there are
> locked cells on that row?
>
> I do when I protect a worksheet using your options and then rightclick on a row
> number and choose delete.  (And that row contains locked cells.)
>
> Bob L Hilliard wrote:
> >
> > I have set up a worksheet, locked and unlocked cells as needed and I want to
> > allow the user to insert and delete rows.  But, when I set protection and
> > tick "Insert Rows" and tick "Delete Rows"; the menu only will allow "Insert
> > Rows", the "Delete Rows" field is not accessible.
> >
> > Solution?
>
> --
>
> Dave Peterson

0
BobL (11)

Deleting a team or changing a teamname.
I have a question. Why is it not possible to delete a team? I want to know this, cause i made a mistake. The names I used for teams need to be used voor Business Units. And it is not possible to have a Business Unit name that has the same name as a team. How can i correct this? Thnx in advance. S.Oumoulid ...

Form creates unwanted rows in table
I've created an asset database which keeps track of computers, laptops etc. There is one company which has many departments and every department has many rooms. (surprise, surprise) There are four tables: tables Department and Asset and two "middle" tables DepartmentRoom and AssetRoom. The table structures are as follows: DEPARTMENT id name dep_type dep_num etc... ASSET id name a_type ip_num vendorID serial_num etc... DEPARTMENTROOM id name depID (foreign key to department) ASSETROOM id assetID (foreign key to asset) roomID (foreign key to depa...

Inserted picture from file must be printed over/behind footer
We want to print a picture (including company's logo) on every page of=20 a document. We insert an EPS file in one of the tile cells, and it = appears=20 on every page, EXCEPT the part of the image at the bottom of the page=20 where the footer appears. The image is cut off where the footer=20 starts. Is there one way or another to let the image be continued (over or=20 behind) the footer ? Regards, Jan ...

how can I insert text file's text into my email in outlook 2007
I used to use outlook express. There is a lovely function to insert text file's text into my currently writing email. How can I do that in my outlook 2007 ? Time before, I first create a text file, say 'payment method.txt', then type in all my standard payment method information to my customer. When I was replying an email with my standard text, I simply use the "insert - text file" function, instead of openning the 'payment method.txt', copy and paste to my email. Can I do that similar in outlook 2007 ? Thank you very much Henry Fung wrote: > I used t...

Adding a calculated ROW to a pivot table
Does anybody know how to add a calculated ROW to a pivot table? I have a pivot table that is returning totals at the bottom, as it should, but I *also* need it to return that total as a percentage of grand total, directly beneath the total. I've always done this free-form in the cells below a pivot table before, but the size of this pivot is dynamic so that's not an option. Also--I'm using the pivot in Access, not Excel directly. Anybody have any tips? Thanks! ...

Does GP allow for different Account Formats for multiple Companies
Hi All, I am setting up a new client that has 3 different companies. Two of them have the same GL framework. The third has a diffferent account framework. How can I change the account framework for the new company? Thanks for your help. -- TC If they are different databases simply go to Tools >> Setup>>Company >>Account Format. -- Leslie Vail, CPA, MCT, MVP MCBSP-Application for Microsoft Dynamics GP MCBSP-Installation and Configuration for Microsoft Dynamics GP cell: 972-814-8550 fax: 972-692-7472 "TC" wrote: > Hi All, > > I am sett...

How do I delete the test documents in my recent documents?
I took the test for the excel spreadsheets and now they are in my recent documents and I want to know how to remove them, can you help me? Go into Options and set your MRU list to zero. Close Excel and restart. Reset the list to whatever you like. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sat, 13 Feb 2010 11:17:01 -0800, mrjack <mrjack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I took the test for the excel spreadsheets and now they are in my recent >documents and I want to know how to remove them, can you help me? ...

DPM 2007, protection report shows 57% and 37% long term-not accura
i'm puzzled by the protection reports we've been getting.. they used to say 110% or 100% etc for percentage avalable.. Now its more like 57 short term and 37 long term, but this makes no sense, because when i look at the protection group status, all the points are green and up to date.. and when the tape runs, there are no errors and it succeeds with 4 tapes consumed (800GBx4).. our size of data is roughly 2500GB.. Any ideas why it would report this? I need an accurate report for quality assurance iso type details, otherwise i have to explain the report itself is u...

Rows to repeat getting cut off on 2nd page
I set rows 1-3 to repeat on all pages, but on the second page, it is getting cut off a few columns in.any suggestions? thanks! ...

Deleted Items Retention on Mailbox Store
We have Exchange Server 2003 and have set the Limits under Deletion Settings to keep deleted items for 30 days, but the items are not being deleted. I found under our Server Properties in System Manager, the Mailbox Management Process, but it was set to Never run. Will running this process delete the items older than 30 days, or is it necessary to do something else to have these items be automatically deleted? Thanks, Deleted Items Retention simply means that once you have emptied your Deleted Items Folder, those items are not purged from the database for 30 days. DIR does _not_ manage ...

Rename the worksheet
Is there a possibility to rename the worksheet without using the mouse-rename procedure? I mean using the keyboard only??? Thanks. -- praveen_khm ------------------------------------------------------------------------ praveen_khm's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30364 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=502191 Dear Praveen, Use Alt+O+H+R to rename the worksheet. Regards, Selvarathinam. praveen_khm wrote: > Is there a possibility to rename the worksheet without using the > mouse-rename procedure? I me...

excel 2007-delete a list
I have created a list and i would like to delete it. Can someone tell me how to delete the list regards fred Evans -- -- Would'nt it be nice if:- Computers,printers,modems,consoles etc had a built-in compartment or tray in which to keep all the books and software for that piece of equipment ??? -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Fred Evans" <fred@polyflexseals.co.za> wrote in message news:8f-dnXaJObiuSvHVnZ2dnUVZ8vqdnZ2d@saix.net... >I have created a list and i would like to delete it. > > Can someone tell me h...

Deleting Multiple Transactions in Money 2007
I have Money set up with my categories all laid out. And I like to keep the transactions for one year separate from the rest. So at the end of each year, I make a duplicate copy of my Money database, then delete all the transactions, reset the starting balances as appropriate, and start over. But it's tedious as hell deleting all the transactions one at a time. Hard on my computer keyboard too. Has anybody discovered a way to select and delete lots of transactions simultaneously? Thanks. ddc In microsoft.public.money, DeeDeeCee wrote: >I have Money set up with my categories al...

compare data in sheets and delete the duplicates
Hi, Before i stary begging for help thanks for looking at my post an input / suggestions will be welcome. On to the problem. I have one workbook with 2 sheets. The first shee contains multiple columns each hold either numbers or letters neve both. The second sheet has only one column it contains numbers. What need to do is take the information on sheet two and compare it it t the column on sheet one for duplicate entrys. When duplicate are foun on sheet one's column i need it to delete the row that the dupe wa found on. So far i have tried the information posted concerning filters howe...

How do I add or insert holidays into a Word or Publisher Calendar
How do I insert Holidays into a Publisher or Word Calendar? I've always wondered about this myself. Good question. Each cell can be typed into. What problem are you having? If the cell is small, reduce your font size. You can insert images into the cells. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "What''s Mom''s Age? Born 7/11/38" <WhatsMomsAgeBorn71138@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A2A41B0F-3153-4133-B518-F0A198BE624A@microsoft.com... > How do I insert Holidays into a...

how do i get missing rows back
My excel worksheet is missing rows 37-58. There is a heavy gray gridline in between rows 36 & 59. Where did they go? How do I get them back? Hi Select from rows 36:59>right click>Unhide -- Regards Roger Govier "dkresch" <dkresch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0EDE73AB-87DB-43DB-B9DB-E7E82C7D39D9@microsoft.com... > My excel worksheet is missing rows 37-58. There is a heavy gray gridline > in > between rows 36 & 59. Where did they go? How do I get them back? "dkresch" <dkresch@discussions.microsoft.com> wro...

How can I list objects inserted in my document?
I have a Word 2007 document that inserts several Excel and Word documents. When I open it, and select the option to update the linked files, everything appears to work OK, but I get an error message saying some links could not be found, so that content was not updated. I need some way to find all the links, so I can remove any extraneous ones, and get rid of this error message. Can anyone help with this? -- Chuck ...

naming a worksheet
i want to control how the sheets are named, for instance how do i ensur that when i click on Insert Worksheet i will get a worksheet with le us say the name 'Prapti' instead of Sheet1,Sheet2 etc. Also can i change the last nos of the sheet, for instance if i creat Sheet3 and then delete it , the next sheet is created with the no Sheet4 and not Sheet3, how can i change tha -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Try something like: Sub NameNewSheet() Dim sName As String Dim wTemp As Worksheet Sheets.Add.Name = "wTemp" sName = InputBox("Name of new s...

Counting number of worksheets in a Excel 2007
Dear Sir, I am using MS office 2007, and want to know what is command/formula to count the number of worksheets in a Excel. I deals with some taxation matter wherein I need to have hundreds of sheets in a file. Thank in advance. From within Excel code, Worksheets.Count will return the number of worksheets in the workbook. -- Rick (MVP - Excel) "Y D" <Y D@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B2C3A4B9-22F4-4643-8850-BD340C4659C9@microsoft.com... > Dear Sir, > I am using MS office 2007, and want to know what is command/formula to >...

worksheet has 1 page of data but is 84 pages long
I have several worksheets in a workbook but 1 worksheet is 84 pages long with only data to fill 1 page. What can I do to reduce it to the single page it really is? Hi Donna, What happens if you select all empty cells, Clear All, save, close then reopen? Ken Johnson Most likely there is a cell somewhere that inadvertently got filled with data somehow. The fixes for this are: 1. Define the print range to include just the real data; or 2. Highlight, then delete or clear all the columns to the right of your desired data, and highlight and delete or clear all the rows below your desired data....

Problem with deleting COM object
I have made an ATL COM which uses classes from an MFC extension DLL. Everything works great until I try to delete a pointer (to an object defined in the extension DLL) to an object from within the destructor of the COM object. When exiting the destructor of the object I get the following error: Invalid Address specified to RtlValidateHeap( 7f0000, 7c7088 ) All involved EXE and DLL's are built using Debug MultiThreaded DLL Anyone have a solution to this? -- Helge "Helge Opg�rd" <helgeo@hotmail.com> wrote: > I have made an ATL COM which uses classes from an MFC...

Help! Need to add/delete email users
We are a nonprofit in a sticky situation - our old consultants are terrible and we are replacing them next week, but in the meantime I have a new assistant starting on Monday and need to get rid of the old assistant's email/login and set her up. I am the most skilled at computers in our office unfortunately, and am in the network room (luckily it is logged on) but have no idea where to find a place to change it or how to change it. I am guessing its not too difficult if I'm pointed in the right direction. We can't have the original consultants come in to do this so any...

Prevent users from deleting Junk E-mail folder
Is there any way to prevent our users from deleting their private "Junk E-mail" folders? - Thanks, Ted ...

Possible to "rotate" range of cells so columns are rows and vice versa?
Is it possible to select a rectangular range of cells and then generate a copied range of cells that is a rotation of the first range, where the columns are the rows, and vice versa? Maybe copy, then paste special and select transpose Regards, Peo Sjoblom davidmichaelkarr@gmail.com wrote: > Is it possible to select a rectangular range of cells and then generate > a copied range of cells that is a rotation of the first range, where > the columns are the rows, and vice versa? > Never mind, I discovered "Paste Special" and "Transpose". ...

Deleting a large email that will not send
Hi, I tried to email a 50MB+ audio file with Gmail via Entourage for Mac 2008, not realizing the size limitations. Entourage tries to send it, only to bounce up against the limitation, and then kicks back an error. Then, a few minutes later, it tries again -- and the same thing happens. I want to find this unsent email to delete it and stop the madness, but am having no luck. Any ideas? thanks jeff On 3/25/10 2:04 PM, jeffo wrote: > I tried to email a 50MB+ audio file with Gmail via Entourage for Mac > 2008, not realizing the size limitations. Entourage tries to send it...