protect row color

I have a spread shhet that I have alternating row colors.
If I do a data sort it moves the color along with the
data.
How do I protect the rows format so this does not happen
0
awm (6)

Sounds as if the rows were coloured manually.
Remove the colours, select the rows to shade using Format|Conditional
Formatting.
One way to specify every second row is MOD(ROW(),2)=0

Bernard

"KIRK" <awm@cyberport.net> wrote in message
> I have a spread shhet that I have alternating row colors.
> If I do a data sort it moves the color along with the
> data.
> How do I protect the rows format so this does not happen

0
bliengme (657)
10/1/2003 7:39:51 PM
See this example

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/banding.htm

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
(Win XP Pro SP-1  XL2002 SP-2)

"KIRK" <awm@cyberport.net> wrote in message news:1c4bd01c38850$83f15ba0$a601280a@phx.gbl...
> I have a spread shhet that I have alternating row colors.
> If I do a data sort it moves the color along with the
> data.
> How do I protect the rows format so this does not happen

0
rondebruin (3790)
10/1/2003 7:47:00 PM
Thanks Bernard
I got this too work once
Now I can't duplicate
MOD(ROW(),2)=0

0
awm (6)

Chart Colors
This one's got me stumped. I just officiated a test, and would like to make a chart showing 3 different pieces of information: 1. The person's name shown horizontally <---> 2. The person's score shown vertically | 3. The person's exposure time to the subject, shown by the color of their bar (ex: green = brand new / black = very experienced, with shades in between) I know there is a conditional formatting function that does this for cells, but is there any function that is able to do this for charts, or do I simply have to go through and hand-pick the colo...

Can I change the font color of text inside an IF statement?
Here is the equation I'm using in Excel 2003. =IF(AND(G3="NO",B1-E3<2),B1-E3,IF(AND(G3="YES",B1-E3<=96),B1-E3,"Error")) I would like the text color to change red if: IF NO is selected and B1-E3 >2 I would like the text to turn red. IF YES is selected and B1-E3 >4 I would like the text to turn red. If I can do this in conditional formatting, that’s fine, I'm just not familiar enough with excel to do this. Thanks for the assistance! Craig Hi a formula can't change a format. But have a look at 'Format - Conditional Format' fo...

Changing rows by Columns
Hi, I have a query. I need to show the result of this query changing rows by columns in the table of my report. How I can to make it in SSRS 2005? Best regards and thanks!! Julio I would T-SQL , a new PIVOT command does that "julito" <julito@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E79F47EB-504E-494B-AA4F-EFEEFF510A8D@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I have a query. I need to show the result of this query changing rows by > columns in the table of my report. > > How I can to make it in SSRS 2005? > > Best regards and thank...

How to delete rows automatically with values zero out?
Hello, I have a spreadsheet with hundreds of rows. Many of them were entered at the beginning and then were reversed out. I got this spreadsheet from our ERP system. It is just like this: Part# Quantity Value 013-001 1 $1.00 013-001 -1 $1.00- 013-002 5 $25.00 013-007 3 $120.00 013-007 -3 $120.00- 022-001 12 $17.00 041-009 7 $251.00 041-009 -7 $251.00- 052-061 10 $30.00 How can I delete those rows autometically with the quantity were zero out. I don't want them show up on my spr...

Adjacent Cell to Last Cell in a Row
I am creating two columns where data is continually added. In one column I have units either lbs or kgs listed. In the second column I have a price. I want to create a formula that will pick the last entry in the units column and depending on whether it was lbs or kgs multiply the number in the cell beside it in a further calculation lbs 3.34 kg 5.67 kg 4.50 lb 8.94 lbs 8.94 kg 5.82 lbs 4.33 lb 6.22 lbs 2.68 kg 7.48 In this case in the first example the formula...

automatic highlight of row when cell expires
Hello, I want to be able to have a row highlighted automatically when th present date reaches the date in the cell. Is there anyway to do this -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi use conditional format for this and enter a formula like $A1<=TODAY() -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > Hello, > > I want to be able to have a row highlighted automatically when the > present date reaches the date in the cell. Is there anyway to do this? > > > --- > Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Copy Protection Device
Hello No matter what computer I connected, the RMS always pops-up a window with the following message whenever I try to open the Store Operations Manager from a different station: Warning 941: The copy protection device that used to be on this register was not found. Do you wish to continue? We have a server, 3 pc connected to it, one is used for the Store Operations POS (I have the parallel dongle on this one), the other 2 are connected for the Store Operations Manager. The system is not in evaluation mode anymore, but it is a little bit annoying. any suggestion? You need to create a...

Counting rows of blanks across certain columns
I have a survey whose answers were recorded in Excel. The answers for a particular question extend from Q6 to Z505. I need to count the people who did not answer the question (that is, the people, entered in rows 6 to 505 that left columns Q through Z blank). I'm not sure how to do this. Can someone offer a suggestion? Hi You can use a formula like this in Column AA =IF(COUNTA(Q6:Z6)=0,1,"") copy down till AA505 You can use a simple Sum formula now to count the empty ones =SUM(AA6:AA505) -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "crossingboston" <...

Alternate row colouring that also works when sheet is filtered?
I usually use the common conditional formatting code to produce alternate row colouring: =MOD(ROW(),2)=0 This doesn't work when the sheet is filtered. i.e., in a worksheet where we filter by a YES/NO column so that just the YES rows show up, the row colouring is no longer alternating. It retains the colour from its pre-filtered state so that we gets clumps of colour together. No good. How can we get alternate row colouring even on filtered worksheets, pls? =MOD(SUBTOTAL(3,$A1:$A$2),2)=0 Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Mon, 9 Mar 2009 09:33:34 -0700 (PDT), StargateFanNotAtHome@mailin...

Corrupt color scheme registry key
Publisher 2000 ~ When I create a new publication using the wizard, I always get a "color scheme registry key is either missing or corrupt..." error, and am instructed to rerun Setup to reinstall the color scheme registry. Running setup and reinstalling the entire program or allowing the program to detect/repair does not solve the problem. Moving forward with the wizard, I am given the Bluebird scheme or Custom (monochrome) as my only choices. How can I resolve this problem and get the Publisher-provided color schemes back? Have you tried a registry cleaner? You may also fi...

Default font color
How can I set the default font color to anything but black? You can go to Format, Style, be sure the Style name is at Normal, hit modify over on the right, change the color. You'll have to do this to each workbook. I have not been able to figure out how to make it permanent. "ajb" <ajbehr@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:ugpNPqvdDHA.2112@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > How can I set the default font color to anything but black? > > You can create a new default template, with your preferred font colour: 1. Open a new workbook. 2. Choose Format>Style 3. Fr...

Sheet protection with unlocked cells
I just upgraded from XP to 2003. I have an XP spreadsheet that is protected except for a number of cells that are open for anyone to enter data in. They use a macro to clean all prior data before they beginn their entery. 1) Why does the macro (when run on my 2003 software) lock all cells? 2) How do I remove data without changing ANY cell properties? Thank you. Hi you may post the existing macro -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Norm wrote: > I just upgraded from XP to 2003. I have an XP spreadsheet > that is protected except for a number of cells that are >...

how do automatically change entire row color when cell changes
Hi, is it possible to change the color of the row cell1 is in when cell1 changes to a specified text? See Help under Conditional Formatting -- Bernard Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove CAPS in email address "IOE" <IOE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:91738C3F-3BEB-4EAE-8551-99E60D8E8A21@microsoft.com... > Hi, > is it possible to change the color of the row cell1 is in when cell1 > changes > to a specified text? Hi - select the row (e.g. row 1) - goto 'Format - Conditional Format' - enter the following formula =$A1="T...

Pasting in Rows?
Hi. Would anyone be so kind as to enlighten me about a simple pastin procedure in excel? I have a list (which I copied from a vertica column) that I want to paste into a horizontal row in Excel. I jus don�t see an option for this and the data gets put in vertically. Ther are hundreds of cells to paste so I�m hopeful that someone with mor experience can shed some light on the situation. I had the same proble with Access. Thanks in advance for any help you can offer -- FattyLumpki ----------------------------------------------------------------------- FattyLumpkin's Profile: http://www.e...

Link Rows Between Worksheets
Hi- I am trying to link rows (that are infinitely long in terms of data) between two different worksheets so that I dont have to retype all of the data. (I want them to be active links, so that if the data changes, it will automatically update). Is there a way to do this? (The first worksheet is a master that has a whole lot of information, and I would like the other worksheets to reference rows from the original...) Thank you very very much.. In the other sheets you will have to set then up eg: in sheet2 select the cell you want then type an equals sign = got to master sheet and se...

Column A to change font color if column B is not empty
Hi, I'd like to have column A of a sheet to automatically turn to red font when a cell in column B is entered,ie, the Cell A3 will change from red to black when B3 is entered and B3 is a date. Can it be done? Thanks & Regards, Val Hi try: - select cells A3:A10 - goto 'Format - Conditional format' - enter the formula =$B3<>"" - choose a format -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany dolphinv4 wrote: > Hi, > > I'd like to have column A of a sheet to automatically > turn to red font when a cell in column B is entered,ie, > the Cell ...

Password Cell Protection
Morning all. I'm seeking to protect specific cells within a given worksheet. I've been reading some of the newer posts on the topic, and see that I'm to first go in, unlock cells that I want accessible, and then once all cells are configured- locked or unlocked state- I go to the Review Tab, select Protect Sheet, choose the options I want users to have access to, and select/enter the desired password- twice. Once I do this, all appears to be as desired, until I try to insert or delete a row-- something I'd specifically allowed for on my unlocked cells/rows. ...

Pressing Enter to skip rows
We have a pro-forma in Excel for clients. Anyway, the cells where the enter information from a drop-down list are three rows apart, goin down the page. Is there anyway for the client to press Enter just once and go thre rows down rather than pressing enter three times? I am aware that if the sheet is locked with the particular input cell unlocked then Tab will take you to the next box however, we need Ente to do the same. I imagine a macro could achieve this. Thanks in advance D -- DoctorWar ----------------------------------------------------------------------- DoctorWard's Profile...

Inserting rows into sheet that contains a formula
I have a typical financial sheet where the columns sum (sum(a5:a15)) and the rows sum (sum(a5:h5)). The summation columns are locked and the sheet protected. Is there a technique whereby I can have the user insert a row which will keep the formats and row sum as well as changing the formula in the column sums? Thanks. Rick Hi Rick, The following method is not foolproof but generally it works OK. Insert a blank row between the bottom of data to be summed and the row with the sum formulas. Include the blank row in the sum formula. Protect the blank row along with the formulas and what...

EXCEL cells colors
I know the différents ways to change cells colors but I can't see selected colors of cells on the LCD screen with my new excel 2003 (bought in november). Does this help:- MS Article found at http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-ca;Q320531 OFF: Changes to Fill Color and Fill Pattern Are Not Displayed The information in this article applies to: Microsoft Excel 2000 Microsoft Excel 2002 Microsoft PowerPoint 2002 Microsoft Publisher 2002 Microsoft Word 2002 Microsoft PowerPoint 2000 Microsoft Publisher 2000 Microsoft Word 2000 This article was previously published u...

Excel Spreadsheets
Can someone help? This is the first time I have asked for help. I am new to Excel and have just developed a spreadsheet that adds up several columns for me. I have, it seems, applied the correct formula to work out different percentages in several columns for me. I am quite pleased with myself. I had to delete several rows from the spreadsheet but I selected "Hide" instead of "delete" on the rows that I wanted to remove! I realise now that the text has been hidden away but the total still includes the figures in that row! How can I reveal the rows that I have hi...

different colors for x-Value axis
I want to use different colors for X-Values in X-axis of a chart. Is it possible? Example I-1, I-2 black II-1, II-2, II-3 grey III-1, III-2 red IV pink V-1, V-2, V-3 green -- Rasoul Khoshravan Azar Civil Engineer, Osaka, Japan The best solution is that, Excel brings the formatting of x-axis value from source cell. -- Rasoul Khoshravan Azar Civil Engineer, Osaka, Japan "Khoshravan" wrote: > I want to use different colors for X-Values in X-axis of a chart. Is it > possible? > Example > I-1, I-2 black > II-1, II-2, II-3 grey > III-1, III-2 red > IV pink >...

Inserting New rows into IV00108 Table
I am trying to insert new rows of data into the Iv0018 table I have another table in SQL with tthe data but when i use DTS to append this data it will not let me because of a null value being inserted in the DEX_row_Id column. Is there a SQL script that will allow me to apend this data to this table since the part numbers already exisits this is another pricelevel i am adding. This is SQL 2000 and GP 9.0. Thank you Ken DEX_ROW_ID is an identity column so it will auto populate. In DTS do not map a value for DEx_Row_ID (ignore it) "kfoster@pfeinc.com" <kfosterpfeinccom@disc...

Change fill color of cell
Hello, Excel 2k on Vista 64 bit. I have a range of cells (b2:bn2) in a row that are answers to a quiz. In the same cells below are the answers with a different quiz participant in each row. I would like to change the background of the cells that do not match the answers in b2:bn2. I have used conditional formatting and accomplished this task, however, I would also like to total the wrong answers in column "bo" for every row. I have found a bit of programming on line but it doesn't work with conditional formatting. It does work when I format the cells by hand. Any ...

Import/Export XML in protected worksheet
I developped an excel tool on which most of the cells are protected (and I need to keep them protected). I mapped an XML schema on all the worksheet entries. I would like to be able to import and export all these entries but Excel does not let me do that when the worksheet is protected. Can anybody help? ...