Project Window Sheet order

Is there a way to get the sheet numbers in numerical order in the project
window? If not, how does Excel determine the order as they don't appear in
the order of the sheet tabs either.
Rob

0
robnobel1 (59)

A worksheet has two names--the codename and the worksheet name (visible on the
worksheet tab).

The project explorer sorts by codename of those objects.

You can rename the codenames (F4 to show the properties when you've selected the
object)--and just type over the (name) property.

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com
0
ec35720 (10082)
1/9/2004 3:44:21 AM
???.
My sheets code names are in the following order...
Sheet1
Sheet10
Sheet11
Sheet12
Sheet13
Sheet14
Sheet15
Sheet2
Sheet3, etc.
They look out of order to me.  I can understand that 10 might come after the
1 as sorting quite often has this problem unless you preceed numbers with a
0 where necessary, but why 2 after 15??
Rob

"Dave Peterson" <ec35720@msn.com> wrote in message
> A worksheet has two names--the codename and the worksheet name (visible on
the
> worksheet tab).
>
> The project explorer sorts by codename of those objects.
>
> You can rename the codenames (F4 to show the properties when you've
selected the
> object)--and just type over the (name) property.
>

> rob nobel wrote:
> >
> > Is there a way to get the sheet numbers in numerical order in the
project
> > window? If not, how does Excel determine the order as they don't appear
in
> > the order of the sheet tabs either.
> > Rob
>
> --
>
> Dave Peterson
> ec35720@msn.com

0
robnobel1 (59)
1/11/2004 5:23:20 AM
because they are just characters  and 1 comes before 2  and
space comes before zero.    You get the same sort if you
sort a column of text with those same values.
---
HTH,

"rob nobel" <robnobel@nospamdodo.nospamcom.nospamau> wrote in message news:OFtNvLA2DHA.2160@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> ???.
> My sheets code names are in the following order...
> Sheet1
> Sheet10
> Sheet11
> Sheet12
> Sheet13
> Sheet14
> Sheet15
> Sheet2
> Sheet3, etc.
> They look out of order to me.  I can understand that 10 might come after the
> 1 as sorting quite often has this problem unless you preceed numbers with a
> 0 where necessary, but why 2 after 15??
> Rob
>

> "Dave Peterson" <ec35720@msn.com> wrote in message
> > A worksheet has two names--the codename and the worksheet name (visible on
> the
> > worksheet tab).
> >
> > The project explorer sorts by codename of those objects.
> >
> > You can rename the codenames (F4 to show the properties when you've
> selected the
> > object)--and just type over the (name) property.
> >

> > rob nobel wrote:
> > >
> > > Is there a way to get the sheet numbers in numerical order in the
> project
> > > window? If not, how does Excel determine the order as they don't appear
> in
> > > the order of the sheet tabs either.
> > > Rob
> >
> > --
> >
> > Dave Peterson
> > ec35720@msn.com

0
dmcritchie (2586)
1/11/2004 5:44:40 AM
Now that I can understand!
Seems a bit silly of MS not to get that better in the project window.
Rob

"David McRitchie" <dmcritchie@msn.com> wrote in message
> because they are just characters  and 1 comes before 2  and
> space comes before zero.    You get the same sort if you
> sort a column of text with those same values.
> ---
> HTH,
> David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel    [site changed  Nov. 2001]
>
> "rob nobel" <robnobel@nospamdodo.nospamcom.nospamau> wrote in message
> > ???.
> > My sheets code names are in the following order...
> > Sheet1
> > Sheet10
> > Sheet11
> > Sheet12
> > Sheet13
> > Sheet14
> > Sheet15
> > Sheet2
> > Sheet3, etc.
> > They look out of order to me.  I can understand that 10 might come after
the
> > 1 as sorting quite often has this problem unless you preceed numbers
with a
> > 0 where necessary, but why 2 after 15??
> > Rob
> >

> > "Dave Peterson" <ec35720@msn.com> wrote in message
> > > A worksheet has two names--the codename and the worksheet name
(visible on
> > the
> > > worksheet tab).
> > >
> > > The project explorer sorts by codename of those objects.
> > >
> > > You can rename the codenames (F4 to show the properties when you've
> > selected the
> > > object)--and just type over the (name) property.

> > project
> > in
> > >
> > > --
> > >
> > > Dave Peterson
> > > ec35720@msn.com

0
robnobel1 (59)
1/11/2004 6:08:03 AM
So, how do I can sort the Worksheets  by name?
VB?
Tanks!!

---

see  http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/buildtoc.htm#sortallsheets
for a macro to sort the worksheet tabs themselves
The main macro on the page incorporates that if you want a list of
worksheets and choose to sort the list.
--
HTH,

"Pandi >" <<Pandi.zuxiu@excelforum-nospam.com> ..
> So, how do I can sort the Worksheets  by name?

0
dmcritchie (2586)
1/11/2004 12:31:53 PM
Pandi,

See www.cpearson.com/excel/sortws.htm for VBA code that sorts
worksheets.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Pandi >" <<Pandi.zuxiu@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message
> So, how do I can sort the Worksheets  by name?
> VB?
> Tanks!!
>

> ---

chip1 (1821)

Using Function to call Woorbook Sheet
I would like to use WEEKDAY() to call a particular Sheet in a Wookbook. The Sheets are called Sunday - Saturday and I have an IF statement that needs to check for particular information on that sheet depending on what day it is. Have it currently functioning but it is taking up way to much space. I am unable to update my code with other functions that I need it to calculate until I can figure this part out. Code =IF(OR(AND((TEXT(TODAY(),"dddd")="Monday"),(HLOOKUP(MOD(NOW(),1),Monday!$B$1:$BA$40,2))>0),AND((TEXT(TODAY(),"dddd")="Tuesday"),(HLOOKU...

Time reg: Creating an Outlook Calendar appointment from the order
It would be a great feature when it comes to time registration, if it was possible from the Order View in the CRM Outlook client to draw an order directly into the Outlook Calendar, thereby using it for time registration. In that case, it should be possible to select which data fields would be transferred to the Outlook Calendar Appointment, enabling all sorts of time usage statistics. I'm quite certain many companies would benefit from such a feature. I know we would. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most...

Multiple instances of a property sheet
I have two windows as part of my application, say W1 and W2. They are both derived from CFrameWnd. I have a class derived from CPropertySheet that is instantiated/displayed by both windows. When I create an instance of my property sheet (let's call it P1) from W1 (the property sheet is modal to W1) and then create another instance of my property sheet (P2) from W2 (modal to W2), I cannot close P1 by clicking OK or Cancel. Clicking OK or Cancel is completely ineffective; the dialog remains open. Then, if I close P2 by clicking OK or Cancel, both property sheets are closed. I augment CProp...

Upgrading to 9.0 on Windows Server 2003 64bit Edition
We are upgrading from 7.0 to 9.0. We have new SQL Servers on which we will perform the upgrade and move into production once complete replacing our existing servers. These SQL Servers are running Windows Server 2003 Enterprise x64 Edition. When attempting to install either GP v7.0 or v7.5 the error message "The image file ...\CDSetup.exe is valid, but is for a machine type other than the current machine." is presented and the installation script will not initialize. Is it possible to install GP 7.0 or 7.5 on the 64bit version of Windows Server 2003 or must we install the 32 bit v...

Selecting rows from various sheets #4
Cheers Fran -- sha ----------------------------------------------------------------------- shav's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1198 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26665 ...

Formatting four pages onto one 12x18 sheet
I'm trying to figure out how to format a 12 x 18 sheet with four individual 5.5 x 8.5 pages on it. Any ideas? The closest I can get is under page setup...selecting "postcards" and that will give me three pages per sheet, but I need four. Any ideas or thoughts are greatly appreciated. If your printer can be custom setup to 12 x 18 then you can divide it into four parts. Are you sure you aren't trying to setup a 11 x 17 landscaped sheet? In any event, setup your printer first. File, Page Setup, Advanced on the right, type 18 width, 12 height or 17 width, 11 ...

Keep Added Custom Fields on New Projects
We are importing information from our bidding software. The export is created in XML file. We know the custom fields that are created. How do I make MS Project use the same "look" everytime? I want it to remember the custom fields I created and use that as my default blank project. I don't care about the tasks because those could be different every time. I just want to be able to create each project with the same columns every time. Create or update a view/table with the custom fields and layout you are wanting. Then change the Tools-->Options--View tab to ...

Creating a Relationship Between Order Product (salesorderdetail) and Service Activity (serviceappointment)
Hi folks, We are using CRM 4.0 to run a consulting business. Its working pretty well but we want to simply the way we are doing some things. What we want to do is create an Order (salesorder) with multiple Order Products (salesorderdetal). So good so far. Next I want to be able associate each Order Product (salesorderdetail) with a Service Activity (serviceappointment), this representing that this billable line item in the order is actually going to be fulfilled as a consuting engagement. The problem is, I can't seem to be able to create an association between the Order Product (salesor...

Excel sheet protected
Hello all I have a space in my sheet1 that is blocked but I need work in this space with a VBA macro. How can I work in this blocked space by keeping (after macro) the cells blocked? Thanks henpat You could have your macro unprotect the worksheet, do its work and then reprotect the worksheet. With worksheets("sheet99") .unprotect password:="hi" 'do your work .protect password:="hi" end with henpat wrote: > > Hello all > I have a space in my sheet1 that is blocked but I need work in this space > with a VBA macro. > How can I wo...

Exchange 5.5 in Windows 2000 Domain
HI I am looking for any advise I can get on this subject, or any references you may have. Basically I have an NT4 PDC that currently has Exchange 5.5 installed on it. I have a windows 2000 Database server that is just a member server of hte domain. My NT4 machine is running out of space, so I am getting a new server for exchange. I will install Windows 2000 on this server and then follow the Ed Crowley Server Move method, to move my exchange server over to this new machine. I am comfortable with this. I have just now installed an NT4 BDC into the domain (it is only a very old machine so it ...

Archiving of Windows Live Mail
Can someone please point me to a procedure that will explain how to off load a bunch of emails that I want to keep but do not want in the active WLM folders. Seems like in the Outlook Express days there was a way but I have long since forgot what I did. Help appreciated. You could create a folder(s) on the Desktop and just drag messages into it. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Ken" <krlorenz@comcast.net> wrote in message news:EB7EFBBB-12DA-4CAF-A02C-556B10A60C58@microsoft.com... > Can someone please poin...

Project Accounting workstation install
After installing and registering PA on the server, do I have to run through the PA install on all of the workstations as well? If so, is there a way to mass install to all of them? or do I have to do it workstation by workstation? Hi, In GP10, PA objects initialization is invoked when you launch GP utilities after adding PA feature, this is one-off process for each company databases. However, you have to perform the GP-PA client installation process (adding PA feature) on each machine with GP 10, this will convert the chunk file (.CNK) to resource dictionaries associated wi...

Export News from Outlook express and import into windows mail
I only used outlook express for newsgroup so I need to backup and transfer all the messages that I flagged with the glasses icon. I just installed windows mail and it only downloaded the first 1000 messages. I can't see all of my messages because some of them they are old ... maybe 2002 but i need them all in the same place. How can I transfer these messages and the replies to windows mail? Outlook Express as well as other newsreaders only mirror what is on a news server and newsgroups neither import nor export. You can only export the account setting, but not groups or...

Order of X-axis
Dearest Wizards, Col A has dates, in order but with most recent toward top. Col D has data to be graphed. What I want is for the resulting graph to have the most recent date on the RIGHT side of the graph (on the X-Axis) and the earliest dates on the LEFT. The order on the spreadsheet really can't be changed to accommodate this. TIA for any help you can give. Sam Hi, Double click the X axis and on the scale tab of the format dialog check, Dates in Reverse order To keep the Y axis labels on the left also check Value (Y) axis crosses at maximum value Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope,...

Office 2004 Project Gallery
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3184399017_17854679 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit In the main screen of the Office 2004 Project Gallery, there are icons for things like �Mail Message� and �Calendar Event�. How can I add, for example, �Address Book Entry� or �Task� to the Project Gallery? --B_3184399017_17854679 Content-type: text/html; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: quoted-printable <HTML...

Why do sheet tabs keep disappearing? Box in Tools is checked.
When I open a new or existing Excel file, the sheet tabs at the bottom may or may not show up. I have repeatedly gone to Tools, Options, View and made sure the sheet tabs box is checked, but still no tabs. How do I get them back? I can't get from one page of a workbook to another. This is in Offfice 2003. Hi Arlie, Try Tools/Options/General In the Sheets in new workbook box, check and see how many sheets are set to appear when opening a new workbook. Larry -- keithl816 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ keithl816's Profile: http://w...

Compare Sheets #2
I'm going insane I'm trying to compare two sheets using Walkenbach's approach but for some reason when I use it...certain values don't show differences. Example: Sheet 1 (Range Name is Grid) has 18000 on Cell A1 Sheet 2 (Range Name is OldGrid) has 18000 on Cell A2 So if I change Cell A1 on Sheet 1 to 1 it should show me change but no...it just does nothing. However if I type 133...it shows change. Selection.FormatConditions.Add Type:=xlExpression, Formula1:= _ "=COUNTIF(OldGrid,A1)=0" Selection.FormatConditions(1).Interior.ColorIndex = 40 Help really appreciate...

Windows XP
I have a windows xp sp3 machine where there free space goes down to a fixed amount after a reset. Let me explain: I boot the machine (a 40GB HD divided in a 36GB and a 4GB partition), The 4GB partition shows only 600MB free, I run CHKDSK /F D: and it fixes the free space to 2 GB, I reset and it goes back to 600. The same situation is for the 36GB partition where it shows 4GB free but if I boot to the Recovery Console and run chkdsk c: /p it fixes the free space to 18GB but as soon as I reset the free space goes back to 4GB, so the same thing happens if chkdsk runs at boot. Win...

How to reduce thickness/width of window borders two "normal" 2 pixels?
On a certain WinXP all borders of all windows are very, very thick/width. Have a look at the following snapshot: http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/9364/capture20091215121445.png What is the reason resp. how can I reduce it to the "normal" size of (approx. 2 pixels) ? Camille Camille Petersen wrote: > On a certain WinXP all borders of all windows are very, very thick/width. > > Have a look at the following snapshot: > > http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/9364/capture20091215121445.png > > What is the reason resp. how can I reduce it to the &...

How do I restore the cell content window on my toobar?
tools options view ........formula bar -- Greetings from New Zealand Bill K "hutchc" <hutchc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4A53F690-97D4-43D6-A458-6AA82B95F575@microsoft.com... > From the View menu, choose Formula Bar hutchc wrote: -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

Formula involving different sheets
Hi Using Excel 2003. In sheet 1, cell A1: =200/1200 In sheet 2, cell B2: =300/1200 In sheet 3 in a cell, I want to do =200/1200 + 300/1200 by cell reference. How do I do so? Thanks. Your formula would be: =sheet1!a1+sheet2!b2 The best way to create these formulae is to get Excel to do it. 1: Type = into your cell 2: Navigate to your sheet1!a1 cell. You will notice in the formula bar that Excel is adding its address to your formula 3: Type + 4: Navigate to your sheet2!b2 cell. 5: Hit enter Once you learn this, you will never type a cell address again. Regar...

Launch folder windows in separate processe
The setting as in subject selected under Control Panel -> Folder Options More than one windows explorer open. Each of them opened in other folder. One of them opened for search function. However, if investigating with Task Manager all windows explorer windows lead to the same explorer process (task right click -> Go to process). The list "Processes" of task manager presents only one explorer window. So the setting as mentioned above not really functional. What's the reason? kakii wrote: > > The setting as in subject selected under Control Panel ...

Open Excel with a particular sheet to be displayed first
Hi, I have an Excel file which has 20 sheets. Is it possible for me to open this Excel file and display Sheet10 first, rather than the focus in whatever sheet when last saved. Your helps are much appreciated. Thanks & Regards S. Hi Sathanga! You need something like this in the ThisWorkbook module Private Sub Workbook_Open() Application.Goto Reference:=Sheets("Sheet10").Range("a1"), Scroll:=True End Sub -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Excel and Word Function Lists (Classifications, Syntax and Arguments) availab...

how do I set up spread sheet for demographical data to get graph.
I need to set up a spread sheet to be able to get age, sex,service usage numbers, site utilisation, presenting issue e.g., drug and alcohol, region, percentage of use base on population e.g, 80 staff DoHi, Do you want to show these results graphically, or in the form of some sort of output table? Dave url:http://www.ureader.com/msg/10355820.aspx How are you intending to get the data or enter the data into this sheet? How many worksheets or tables will you need? What is the final display options: Examples, Reports, Charts, Pivot = table? And lastly who are the end users, and how do they...