Progress bar doesn't appear when saving

The progress bar doesn't display when saving a large document - even though
we have the Status Bar on.  We are using 2003 SP2 with the Adobe &
LiveMeeting integrations.  Even with disabling the integrations and removing
macros, we cannot seem to get the progress bar back.

any ideas?  My support guy says to uninstall/reinstall Office to fix this,
but with 67 users, I would rather not.

khw
khw (3)

Hello?

khw

"khw" wrote:

> The progress bar doesn't display when saving a large document - even though
> we have the Status Bar on.  We are using 2003 SP2 with the Adobe &
> LiveMeeting integrations.  Even with disabling the integrations and removing
> macros, we cannot seem to get the progress bar back.
>
> any ideas?  My support guy says to uninstall/reinstall Office to fix this,
> but with 67 users, I would rather not.
>
> khw
khw (3)

save a program
I have a Dell laptop, running on windows vista home premium. I am a computer illiterate. Here is my silly question : How do I " save " a program ? "David Huang" <dhuang1@cogeco.ca> wrote in message news:e$hpbxjTIHA.1212@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >I have a Dell laptop, running on windows vista home premium. I am a >computer illiterate. Here is my silly question : > How do I " save " a program ? Normally, you don't save programs, you save data. Just do File >>> Save, or click on the save icon. Your question may be better answered i...

Bug Rep: Excel 2007 .xlsm file not saving commented codes
since i've tested this agaist 2 different copies of Excel 2007 fresh install on different machines at home, i think it's clearly a bug. ok, in order to save vba codes now in excel 2007, i'd have to save files in the .xlsm format. that's cool. everything been working sweet, until... spent 4 long days busting my butt during the new year, missed all the nice parties to rush this stupid project out, and 2 hours being scream at by my boss over skype kinda ate my heart out. how can such a simple mistake be made? very very easy >:Errrrrrrr go on any sheet that has codes ...

vertical scroll bar display bug?
I am having a display issue with a form that I am using as a subform in datasheet view. When run alone everything works fine but as a subform it does not initially display a vertical scroll bar even though there are more records than can be displayed in the space available. To see the other records it is necessary to use the navigation buttons on the keyboard to move down the list. Scroll bars will appear once navigation forces a row over the top end but all records below the original set of visible records will not show any dividing lines between rows. This subform drives another subf...

How can I stop repeatint information from appearing in my report
I am tracking Clearances for Foster Parents & their families. My queries work great (thanks, by the way to those that helped!!). I am now trying to create a report. Everything works great EXCEPT for the fact that I have repeating data appearing. I have the Foster Parent (FP) info and the Spousal information in the Header section of my report. In the DETAIL section I have the REsidents int he home (there can be many residents to one Foster Parent). Here is the problem. Becaue the REsident info is relating to BOTH the Spouse and FP info it is repeating TWICE. But if I put the Spousa...

Outlook hangs on save of synchronization log
Hello all. The pc runs Outlook 2000 SR-1. The server is Exchange 2000 SP3+. We normally run in offline mode and synchronize to an OST. A growing number of our users are experiencing an issue when performing a synchronization. The synch runs as it should, but when saving to the synchronization log - the outlook client hangs. We have had users leave their machines for a couple of hours when experiencing the error- but Outlook stays in the hung state. Has anyone out there see Outlook hanging before while writing to the synch log? Thanks in advance for any thoughts. Bryant. ...

Save As Dialog Box defaulting as Thumbnail View.
I have noticed when I right click on a file to "save As" the dialog always defaults to Thumbnail View and so I have to click on the views tab to change it to Detail Tab is there a way in folder options or control panel to change the setting to make the dialog box default to detail view ? Some feedback on this would be appreciated. -- James M. Horak P.O. Box 2167 Belton Texas, 76513 "jhorak101" <james.horak@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:CF5F2708-8E9E-445D-9F8C-08F17FECB551@microsoft.com... >I have noticed when I right click on a file to "s...

Delegate Tab doesn't appear!
HI to all, I've a strange problem with a user who has installed Outlook 2003. I'm trying to give delegate of his mailbox to aother user, but in OL the delegate tab doesn't exist! Could someone help me. Thanks in advance S. I've found the problem, the add-in is not install, but if I try to install it OL doesn't install it... Any suggest? Thanks lasonda@libero.it ha scritto: > HI to all, > > I've a strange problem with a user who has installed Outlook 2003. > > I'm trying to give delegate of his mailbox to aother user, but in OL > the de...

Annual Recurring Appointments Don't Appear
It's a bit stranger than the subject suggests, actually. I'm using Outlook 2000 and enter birthdays as no-time appointments that occur annually. When I display my Outlook calendar in either "day" or "work week" format, those appointments do not appear at all. When I use the "week" or "month" format, they do appear. How do I get them to show up in the first two formats? Many thanks in advance. Don Don <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > It's a bit stranger than the subject suggests, actually. > I'm ...

Adding a destination in the Save As options
I used to have the answer to this but can't now find it. How can I add a specific destination in the left-hand panel of the Save As box? I'm using Word 2000. And is there a way of saving to two separate folders simultaneously? Many thanks for any help. Bert That's called the Places Bar. See here for all the details you need: http://www.gmayor.com/customize_the_word_places_bar.htm -- Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP "Bert Coules" <mail@bertcoules.co.uk> wrote in message news:VMadnZtQ0Ka_BefWnZ2dnUVZ8imdnZ2d@brightview.co.uk... > I used ...

Rotating hourglass icon in status bar
I have recently started using Outlook 2003. I noticed that there is an icon in the shape of an hourglass in the status bar. The icon continuously rotates. When right clicked, it presents a menu with items Details... and Cancel, both of which are greyed out. Can someone tell me the purpose of the icon and how I might be able to hide it? Thanks, Jim ...

Helped with stacked bar chart and percentages
I am attempting to create a stacked chart with two data series (one representing the number ontime orders, and the other late). I would like to have a label on each bar that would tell the percentage of ontime. Perhaps someone would have a good example? Thanks for your help, -A Calculate the percentages in additional columns. Use one of these free Excel add-ins to apply labels from these ranges to the series in your chart: Rob Bovey's Chart Labeler, http://appspro.com John Walkenbach's Chart Tools, http://j-walk.com/ss - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltie...

"New" menu item doesn't "Save"
I have VC++ 6 and RichEdit. I use IsModified() to test the changes to the document. But, the "New" IsModified doesn't work. I do use pDoc->SetModifiedFlag(true); in void CHtmlRichEditCtrlSSL::OnChar(UINT nChar, UINT nRepCnt, UINT nFlags). That's why I want to know why OnNewDocument doesn't get modified when it should. (The OnNewDocument is in the CDocument class.) BOOL CHTMLEditDoc::OnNewDocument() { if (!CDocument::OnNewDocument()) return FALSE; CMainFrame* pFrameWnd = static_cast<CMainFrame*>(AfxGetMainWnd()); if (NULL != pFrameWnd) { CHtmlRich...

How to save macro changes in Read-Only documents?
I have over 100 documents that need the same sentence changed in each one. The documents have the read-only recommended box checked. I ran a batch to remove the password to modify but it didn't remove the read-only recommend. So when I run a macro to change the text I get an error. When I ran Debug it highlighted "myDoc.Close Savechanges:=wdSaveChanges" but I don't know what to do with that. (I only copy the macros from this great site!) I am looking for a way to remove the read-only recommended from multiple documents in a file. Please help. Many th...

Saving presentation for CD
I have a presentation with pictures and music to run automatically. It operates just fine in the original file. When I attenpt to package fro burning unto a CD it doesn't save the same as it is in the original. Any ideas? "Angel" <Angel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8B12959A-FCFB-4A4E-BAC9-0BA9F168FB3C@microsoft.com... >I have a presentation with pictures and music to run automatically. It > operates just fine in the original file. When I attenpt to package fro > burning unto a CD it doesn't save the same as it is in the original...

bar code help, adding asterix to reference
Hi, A simple one im sure, cell b4 contains a number, i want cell c4 to display the same number with an asterix (asterisk?) at either side for my bar code font? ="*",B4,"*" What's the correct way to enter this? Many thanks as ever, Rick ="*"&A1&"*" seems to work after some trial and error, could there arise a problem doing it this way? Thanks, Rick "R D S" <ricknewsgroup@members.v21.co.uk> wrote in message news:352cf1F4gusjfU1@individual.net... > Hi, > A simple one im sure, cell b4 contains a number, i want cell c4...

Show stdev errorbars on pivot bar chart
I have made a pivot bar chart using excel 2003, and I would like to show error bars on this bar chart. The values for the bars are averages of a certain quantity. The values for the errorbars should be the stdev of this quantity. It is possible to add error bars in the existing chart using "Format data series", but that only works for one particular chart. If I update the underlying data or plot other quantities, then the errorbars are gone. Does anyone know how to solve this problem? Like all custom formatting in pivot charts, refreshing the data clears the formatting. Microsof...

Save All Attachments
Periodically, I get emails with several *.txt files attached (I am using Outlook 2000). Instead of saving the attachments one file at a time, I have tried to chose all the attachments, then save all of them. Sometimes this works well, and other times, I get the message that "The filename is not valid." Its like if I navigate to certain folders, it doesn't work but there is no real "weirdness" related to the folder name that I see. Does anyone know what's going on here? Is there some kind of limitation to the length of the path and file name? Any help appreciat...

HELP! Settings are not saving
Every time I open my excel, my calcualtion keeps going back to manual. It even happens in the middle of working on a spreadsheet. Also, if I hit save or save as, when I close the worksheet is ALWAYS asks if I want to save. It has been happening for a week or two. Any ideas???? Any chance the files you're working on are Read Only? [that may not be it, but just a thought] "Veronica" wrote: > Every time I open my excel, my calcualtion keeps going back to manual. It > even happens in the middle of working on a spreadsheet. Also, if I hit save > or save as, when I c...

Inserted Controls do not work once Saved
I am creating a form with textbox controls and date control. They work fine until I save the document then the controls seem to disappear. Has anyone had this problem before and what is the solution? I have copied the form and re-created the controls, but once again upon saving the form the controls go away. HELP Which version of Word are you using? Note that if you are using Word 2007, inserting content controls, and then saving in Word 97-2003 format, content controls will be converted to static text. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "LRay67" <...

Save emails exactly as they come!
How can I save my emails exactly as I see them, even if they have an attachment? If saving them as .msg is the answer can you tell me how can I save them as ..msg? When I click on "save as" it only give me the options as "Text Only", "Outlook Template" or "Outlook Message Format". I tried the 3 of them but do not save my messages the way they come. I will really appreciate any help. Thanks a lot! Dear, This is your 3rd post asking the same - pls see your original post, in OL General -- (Please respond to this question Was this post helpful to y...

How to put Tags while saving?
I read that with 2k7 version, while saving, you can embed tags so that in Vista, while searching, you can search for tags. But I am not able to locate that option. Please help! Thanks In Vista (and Windows 7) the document property that used to be known as "keywords" is now displayed as "tags". When you right-click a document in Windows Explorer (lately renamed "My Computer" or just "Computer") and go to the Details tab, you can see and edit a Tags field. In the properties dialog displayed inside Office programs, though, that field is stil...

Saving a single file from OE
How would you go about saving a single folder in OE? I have a folder I would like to delete but I want to say it in case I need to refer to it later. How do I do this? Do you want to be able to access the messages in this folder without the folder being present in OE? -- ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear) MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Client - since 2002 Docster wrote: > How would you go about saving a single folder in OE? > I have a folder I would like to delete but I want to say it in case I need > to refer to it later. How do I do this? No. Just want to save i...

Saving XLS File as CSV
I have an xls file with worksheet made up of 3 columns of data. I save it in Excel 2003 as csv file. When I open the csv file, the columns are lumped into one column. When I do the same thing in Excel 2000, 3 column appear and this is the desired result. How do I make 3 columns appear in excel 2003? Thanks in advance Menu, Data , Convert... Yes, it's tricky and annoying. If you have just used the Menu, Data , Convert... in XL2003 then the next csv file you open will magically spread itself into 3 cloumns. As if X knew you wanted it like that. However if you close Excel, it seems ...

Saving Excel file to Network drive
I recently bought a Buffalo network drive so I can access my files from both my laptop and desktop. This works perfect for my Word documents and even my Outlook PST. The problem is when I try to save an Excel (2003) file to the network drive I get a message like File xxx.Xls is possibly changed by an other user since you last saved it, do you want to overwrite it or to save with another name. (My Office version is not in English so this is my translation of the message) This only happens if I open an existing file, it happens even after I try to save it immediately after ope...

Excel 2003, cannot save a spreadsheet.xls
User gets an Outlook e-mail with a spreadsheet attached, she opens in in Excel 2003 and it opens just fine. She clicks on File>Save As>hourglass spins for "hours" and it does not save. Have checked for "over quota" on the domain by deleting items from My Documents and the Desktop to no avail. -- remleys_west ...