produce list automatically from choice of drop down list

I have a drop down column where the choices are say 1 to 100
From the choices listed, I want to create a list automatically from the
results so I can set up if formulas against the choices selected.

Column A                                        Column B
     Column C

Choice (drop down box)                   Automatically adds             look
up
                                                     selections from column
A    formula

                using column B
1 to 100                                          i.e. 90
          answers

Is it possible to create a list automatically from the list of answers in
column A?

David
Data Validation cells in Column A, and you want to make a list somewhere of
the entries selected.  If this is correct, simply select all those Column A
cells and Copy, then select one cell where you want to place the new list,
and do PasteSpecial - Values - OK.  Done.  HTH  Otto

> I have a drop down column where the choices are say 1 to 100
> From the choices listed, I want to create a list automatically from the
> results so I can set up if formulas against the choices selected.
>
> Column A                                        Column B
>     Column C
>
> Choice (drop down box)                   Automatically adds
> look
> up
>                                                     selections from column
> A    formula
>
>                using column B
> 1 to 100                                          i.e. 90
>          answers
>
> Is it possible to create a list automatically from the list of answers in
> column A?

0
Otto

Filling drop down box
hi, I have a drop down box in a cell. Based on a value of anohter cell I have to fill my drop down box. what i mean is, say if GreeNPackage is "No" then I want the drop down box to fill a range of values. But if the GreeNPackage is "Yes" then I want the drop down box to fill another set of values. how can i do this? plenty of thanks See reply in .Functions Biff >-----Original Message----- >hi, > >I have a drop down box in a cell. Based on a value of >anohter cell I have to fill my drop down box. what i mean >is, say if >GreeNPackage is ...

automatic copy cells into other worksheet??
i am trying to find out how i can type text in an excel cell and have it automatically inserted in another worksheet. is this possible?? if so how?? cheers. Hiiiiiiii dear hope u are ok go the sheet2 cell A1 and type =Sheet1!A1 and Drag it and now go to sheet1 and type something in Cell A1 and A2 and A3 and then check them in sheet2 Colum u will find what u have written hope it may work for uuuuu good luck "Matt Hall" wrote: > i am trying to find out how i can type text in an excel cell and have it > automatically inserted in another worksheet. > is this possible?...

Chart update automatically
Sometimes I start a data list to chart, create a chart then add data and the chart automatically updates as I add to the data list. The X axis grows with each entry. Other times, I do what I think is the same thing but the chart lays dormant. I actually have to manually update the series range. Nothing I do seems to make it "automatic". Is there a way to make any chart (new or existing) update automatically when dynamic data is involved? Hi, The chart will update automatically if, - you based the chart on a List (Table in xl2007) - created and used a dynamic named range - i...

Job Listing- VC++ MFC with Isofttech
Position: Technical Lead Experience: VC++/C++ with MFC Good to have: Wireless 802.11 Skills & Windows development experience. 5-6 years of experience. Work Location: Chennai Education: BE/B Tech, ME/M Tech ( CS,IT,ECE,EEE) Do send in your CV to sridhar.doss@consultniche.com thanks s.doss niche consulting ...

Listing Activesynce users
Is there a way to list the users who are actually using Activesync? I can get a list of all the devices but have not run across a method of seeing if they are actually sending and reciveing mail. Thanks. Jeff In news:Oi0wwKTaGHA.1204@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl, Jeff Senter <jsenter@erols.com> typed: > Is there a way to list the users who are actually using Activesync? I > can get a list of all the devices but have not run across a method of > seeing if they are actually sending and reciveing mail. > > Thanks. > > Jeff Check out http://www.microsoft.com/downloads...

enter value based on drop down list of another field?
I have an excel 2003 spreadsheet with 3 worksheets. In sheet 1, I created a drop down list in column A based on values in sheet 3, column A (item number). Thisd data comes from sheet 3, where I have column A (Item #'s), column B (Item desc)an Column C (price) In column B of sheet 1, I have Item Descriptions and in column C I have price. I want this to automatically fill in based on what I enter in the column A sheet 1 and it should get the corresponding values from sheet 3 column B and C. I can make the drop down list in sheet 1 column B and C, but some of the descriptions need ...

Image List
Hello All I Need To Get The Path Of The Image Saved In An Image List Any One Know How Thanks Start Run Browse to the field Select view all field types Select open Cut the path from the box Close run Be aware the you will have extra "" around the path (just in case you are using the path in a code) Good luck -- Wayne Manchester, England. "RABEA" wrote: > Hello All > > I Need To Get The Path Of The Image Saved In An Image List > > Any One Know How > > Thanks > > > I'm not sure whether this info is retained but even if it ...

Mailing List Duplicates
Is there a software program that works with excel to delete duplicate names? Our mailing list is in the thousands. Thanks for any and all help. Gordon habitated@gulftel.com one way? data>advanced filter, copy to another location and unique records only "Gordon" <habitated@gulftel.com> wrote in message news:032201c3796f$ab75f130$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a software program that works with excel to > delete duplicate names? Our mailing list is in the > thousands. Thanks for any and all help. > > Gordon > habitated@gulftel.com ...

Need to create an automatic hyperlink
I'm using Excel 2003, Windows XP. Okay I have a workbook with a main spreadsheet and about 150 other spreadsheets with images in them. I have the names of the other spreadsheets in cell b2. How do I create a hyperlink that will concantenate the name in cell b2 to a hyperlink and point it to the spreadsheet with that name? I know I can do it by manually selecting each cell and hyperlinking manually, but with over 150 it's taking a while. Thanks. I tried =HYPERLINK("file:////"&b2,"Click me!") and it fails (can't find specified file)...

Automatic .Doc Mail merge
Hi All, is there any way or Method of the proxy dll, that allows to execute the mail merge of am Offer / Quote / Order template generating a .Doc document ? Thx Gianluca ...

Automatic Data Entry Script OnChange Event for Date Field.
Hi, Sub: Automatic Data Entry Script OnChange Event for Date Field. has anyone assigned 'Today date'( new Date()) to a custom date filed on the form - OnChange of a Picklist field, I have the following code. DatefiledName.value = new Date(); This assigns, currect date to the field, but then when I save it does not like it. When I manually assign a date it displays in the format mm/dd/yyyy, and saves correctly, so I changed the script to: d= new Date(); s = d.(getMonth() +1); s += '/' + d.getDate(); s += '/' + d.getFullYear(); DatefiledName.value = s; This also acc...

CObarray and list
Can any one give me some pointeres? I have a CObArray, say, with 4 items. I have a list box, of which the content is generated from the string variables of the 4 items. The list box is sorted alphabetically. When a users clicks on an item in the list box, what's the best way to reference back to the original array, i.e which array has been selected? I can't use GetCurSel() as the list box is sorted alphabetically. I can't do a direct comparison either as the list items are generated from a bunch of variables within each array object. In some cases, it may be possible for dupli...

need help with list box?
Hi I have a huge table of about 20000 records. how can I restrict entry for a few columns. I am new to excel programming. For example. I have a list of colors (red, green, blue) that I want to go under the Color column. how can I allow the user to click on a pulldown or list box similar to ms access for each cell. thanks in advance. Hi you could use 'Data - Validation'. See: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html >-----Original Message----- >Hi > >I have a huge table of about 20000 records. how can I restrict entry for a >few columns. >I am new to exc...

combo box list updating
Hi - I would like my combo box list to change base on the value of A1. That is, I have its input range being B1:F1 - "Year 1", " Year 2" etc. Example: -If cell A1 is the value "10" then the combo box default list item would be "Year 1" (which is cell "B1") -If cell A1 is the value "20" then the combo box default list item would be "Year 2" (which is cell "C1") ETC... Thanks for your help - Jim A ...

List all row source for all forms, reports etc.
Hi I'm doing some work cleaning out old unused forms, reports and queries. I have been going through each report in a database (There are A LOT), determining its row source query, then marking it for deletion. I will eventually end up going through and deleting all the unused queries. As you can imagine this is time consuming, and I was thinkg 'there must be a FASTER way" Does anyone have a suggestion, or link to a pre-built function or model that could assist me? Regards Darragh On Thu, 17 Jan 2008 22:14:18 -0800 (PST), Darragh <darragh.murray@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi...

C#, .net 3.5sp1 and Visual Studio 2008 sp1 errors list
What kind of errors will the errors list show when using C# 3.5sp1 with Visual Studio 2008sp1? "Andy B." <a_borka@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:%23tmIzu4vKHA.404@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > What kind of errors will the errors list show when using C# 3.5sp1 with > Visual Studio 2008sp1? e Why would you expect any? On the face of it vs 2008 sp1 will target .Net framework 3.5 sp1 by default. Andy B. wrote: > What kind of errors will the errors list show when using C# 3.5sp1 with > Visual Studio 2008sp1? That all depends on what ki...

Pulling information from three sheets into a fourth automatically?
I don't know if this can be done but I enter details of payments made on three sheetst. Sheets called 3A 3B and 3C the information on each sheet is different but the payments received are the same so I enter the date and amount under separate columns for cheques and cash The columns I have on these three sheets are: surname first name date cheque cash and I need to details of the names and banking on sheet four on a daily basis. So if I am enter four entries onto sheet 3A with todays date I would like them to appear on sheet four automatically for banking but only if the entry in co...

Automatically updating cells on other worksheets when data typed into primary sheet
I'm trying to create a workbook that will allow me to enter data on the first sheet and it will then append the data to a second sheet by automatically starting a new line. Example: I enter "This is a test" into A1 on sheet 1 First available line on sheet2 automatically updates with "This is a test" When it comes to enter something new in A1 on sheet1, same function above goes into action, accept it should be on the next available line which will be A2 on sheet2, as A1 is already used by previous data entry. Can this be done? I would appreciate any help with this. ...

Automatic settling of EDC Batch #2
Is there a way to stelle an EDC batch automatically in RMS, or an add-on that accomplishes this? This would be very handy. Thank you in advance. ...

Some contacts don't show on drop down box when addressing email
I was using Outlook Express, my computer motherboard died, got new computer with Windows 7, trying to learn Outlook 2003. The computer tech from my husband's office put Outlook 2003 on the new computer and somehow transferred the addresses that I had in Outlook Express. I do not know what method he used to get the addresses into Outlook 2003. Some things carried over just fine, some things didn't, i.e. a group list of my subdivision property owners, so I had to re-make that distribution list. When I want to email my daughter, her name or email address is not s...

list view problems
hi all basically I have a few questions CListViews that I'm trying to use: 1. are the rows uniform in height, and rowheight cant be adjusted? 2. How can I set column width as per my wish. i tried SetColumnWidth and LVCOLUMN structure 3. is there a setting so users cannot resize the column or in other words make column width fixed? Thanks a lot. Harish 1. There are several ways by which you can set the row height of a list control. Create an owner-draw list control and handle the WM_MEASUREITEM message, and set the itemHeight attribute of LPMEASUREITEM struct. Create a C...

Drag Drop problem in CListCtrl
Hello , I have a CListCtrl which displays the thumbnail view of image files & other related info like file size , destination.The owner drawn property of the list cntrl is set to true. I want to be able to drag - drop the thumbnails within the list view itself. But the dragged image of the selected list item is always displayed as a black bitmap.I have used CreateDragImage , BeginDrag , DragEnter , DragMove etc for this.Why is this problem ocurring???? Also if instead of having the dragged image of the item to be displayed , i have set a default bitmap, but it too doesn't get displa...

MSN account list
How come I can't get a CASH account to show up in MSN. I want to enter transaction on MSN site from work and on the road, and sync them when I get home. ...

getting consolidate list of "follow up" items
Dear All, I would like to get a consolidated list of items (sent and received mails)that have matured - i.e. whose follow up time is up. I have the habit of tagging a sent mail (after actually sending) for follow up. Similarly, mails received are also tagged for my further action (for follow up). Would appreciate a consolidated follow up report generation way - rather that opening each folder and looking for mature items (i.e. red). Thanks in advance. Sanjay ...

query to make a list of products based on delivery history
I have a table which lists all deliveries made of our product. From this table, I'd like to make a list of all products. My problem is the products will have many duplicates as they can be ordered multiple times and I just want a list showing all the individual products that we offer. -- TIA Try something like: SELECT DISTINCT [our product] FROM [which list all deliveries made]; If you can't figure this out, come back with table and field names. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP If I have helped you, please help me by donating to UCP http://www.access.hookom.net/UCP/Def...