Problems with updating category names in pivot tables

I have an issue with pivot tables, previously my pivot table contained months
where each month was written like "January, February" etc, but now I have
changed the way the months are written to "01-january, 02-february". My
problem is that even though the data with the old month names no longer
exists in the pivot table, the pivot table still provides "January, February"
etc. as filtering options in the month category. I've tried updating the
pivot table but it doesnt help. The only way i've been able to get rid of
this was by creating a new pivot table.

Now I have an issue with changing the names of people assigned to different
functions, as people join and leave the company I am annoyed that all of the
old employees are still listed in my filters, how can I fix this issue
without having to create a new pivot table every time?
0
Vladimir1 (6)

Hi Vladimir

Yes, its really annoying isn't it.
Simple solution though which is well explained by Debra at

Regards

Roger Govier

Vladimir wrote:
> I have an issue with pivot tables, previously my pivot table contained months
> where each month was written like "January, February" etc, but now I have
> changed the way the months are written to "01-january, 02-february". My
> problem is that even though the data with the old month names no longer
> exists in the pivot table, the pivot table still provides "January, February"
> etc. as filtering options in the month category. I've tried updating the
> pivot table but it doesnt help. The only way i've been able to get rid of
> this was by creating a new pivot table.
>
> Now I have an issue with changing the names of people assigned to different
> functions, as people join and leave the company I am annoyed that all of the
> old employees are still listed in my filters, how can I fix this issue
> without having to create a new pivot table every time?
0
roger1272 (620)
11/3/2005 10:09:57 AM
Great, thanks a lot! I've been annoyed by this bug for the past year and
finally I have a solution :-)

"Roger Govier" wrote:

> Hi Vladimir
>
> Yes, its really annoying isn't it.
> Simple solution though which is well explained by Debra at
> http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot04.html
>
> Regards
>
> Roger Govier
>

> Vladimir wrote:
> > I have an issue with pivot tables, previously my pivot table contained months
> > where each month was written like "January, February" etc, but now I have
> > changed the way the months are written to "01-january, 02-february". My
> > problem is that even though the data with the old month names no longer
> > exists in the pivot table, the pivot table still provides "January, February"
> > etc. as filtering options in the month category. I've tried updating the
> > pivot table but it doesnt help. The only way i've been able to get rid of
> > this was by creating a new pivot table.
> >
> > Now I have an issue with changing the names of people assigned to different
> > functions, as people join and leave the company I am annoyed that all of the
> > old employees are still listed in my filters, how can I fix this issue
> > without having to create a new pivot table every time?

0
Vladimir1 (6)

Here is fix for Windows file problems

Problem with CFTPConnection

Excel 97 Win XP calc problem?

Proper Table(s) Layout
I have created a couple of Dbs which the table structure seemed to simply fall into place, it was just logical in my head. That said, I am working on a new db and for some reason I am doubting myself and wanted a second opinion. The db is basically a contract db to input all the info, and there is a lot of info, for each contract. Where I am 'lost' is the fact that the contracts are broken into categories: clients, components,engineering, warantee... For all of the components (with the exception of clients) there are a number of fields but only 1 entry per contract....

Worksheet Auto update
I need to find a way to automate a process. Is there a way to automatically replace the content of a worksheet with the content of another one? Every morning I get a sales report in excel for the previous day sales. I save it in a folder and then I do a pivot table on this sheet to determine sales by product category for example. The following day, I open the previous day file, replace the sales report with the new one and then refresh my pivot table. Is there a way to have my sales report update anytime I get a new sales report? To be more clear I have a workbook with two tabs: Pivot...

[ANN] Office 11.3.8 update

Table link documentation

Duplicate record in RM tables
We experienced an issue in Apply Sales Document that may have caused a duplicate record somewhere. We found this when running Paid Sales Transaction Removal and received this message: Violation of PRIMARY KEY contraint PKRM3101. Cannot insert duplicate key in object RM30101. I ran the RM duplicate tool found in the automated help area of this website and found the following: --- Begin copy here ---- Duplicates between RM Open and RM History Document #: 07-003021-17 Customer #: 079100 RMDTYPAL #: 7 --- End copy --- It looks like the duplicte tool also logs the qu...

OL2002 Problem : HELP, SOS, MAYDAY

request to solve my problem #5

Updating a chart Automatically

Updating Credit Card Information
I have been trying counless times to update my credit card information from several Banks, but Money states that the system is unaavaible or the transaction cannot be completed at this time. What can I do to correct this problem. On 2005-03-23, Lou <Lou@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have been trying counless times to update my credit card information from > several Banks, but Money states that the system is unaavaible or the > transaction cannot be completed at this time. What can I do to correct this > problem. Well it depends on how long you've been tr...

Pivot Table Defaults
In the pivot table field list, whenever I create a new pivot table and I am inserting fields into the value area, I generally get as default field setting the 'Count' value. Is there a way to format the spreadsheet to make Excel recognize the data as all numbers so it defaults to the "Sum" function as opposed to "text"? Hi The rule that the PT Wizard adopts is, If all the values in the field being added to the data area are Numeric, then it uses Sum. If any of the values are Text or BLANK, then it uses Count. It sounds as though you have defin...

Like a pivot table
Hello every body I'm first time requesting in this group, so I opologize in advance for any mistakes or something annoying I repeat what I have sent before 10 min because I see it unclear when it goes to news group If any one can help me I'm working with data which most of it comes like a table with feilds as columns and records as rows. I want it to be as many rows with each feild an example what is exist name age Joining Date Tele John 20 Jun-90 4321251 Iqbal 30 Jul-95 6583752 George 40 Sep-85 7843125 What I wa...

Money Updates #2