problems with right click in Office

When I click and/or right click on a Word or Excel file, it takes a loooong
time to open. Once you open excel sheet and use "OPEN", it will quickly open.
Help please
--
neally
0

When you click on a document Windows has to translate the file extension into
the application.  This might be a windows problem or a problem with how Excel
was installed.  Let's assume it's not and try looking at the article I found
online.  It's generally better to work with what you've got then start from
scratch..

http://www.smartcomputing.com/Editorial/article.asp?article=articles/2004/w1509/18w01/18w01.asp&guid=

Article #2 is pretty close to the problem you're having.

Good Luck!

-Jacob F. Roecker

"neally149" wrote:

> When I click and/or right click on a Word or Excel file, it takes a loooong
> time to open. Once you open excel sheet and use "OPEN", it will quickly open.
> Help please
> --
> neally
Thanks so much for input. Will be bext week before I can try but points me in
the right direction. Merry Christmas...
--
neally

"Jacob_F_Roecker" wrote:

> When you click on a document Windows has to translate the file extension into
> the application.  This might be a windows problem or a problem with how Excel
> was installed.  Let's assume it's not and try looking at the article I found
> online.  It's generally better to work with what you've got then start from
> scratch..
>
> http://www.smartcomputing.com/Editorial/article.asp?article=articles/2004/w1509/18w01/18w01.asp&guid=
>
> Article #2 is pretty close to the problem you're having.
>
> Good Luck!
>
> -Jacob F. Roecker
>
> "neally149" wrote:
>
> > When I click and/or right click on a Word or Excel file, it takes a loooong
> > time to open. Once you open excel sheet and use "OPEN", it will quickly open.
> > Help please
> > --
> > neally
0