Problems with Colour Printing

Hi there,
I have a spreadsheet with multiple sheets containing colour formatting
(including graphs) that is regularly printed out in colour and greyscale. The
problem I have is that when I need to print out several sheets simultaneously
I uncheck the "Greyscale" option under print options and have the print job
come out in colour. To print multiple selected sheets in colour I need to
change the print options for each individual sheet (about 10 in all) to
colour (non- greyscale). One strange peculiarity of this is that some of the
sheets will not need to be "Unchecked" whereas others will. They are not
necessarily the same sheets each time either.
Unfortunately due to page numbering I cannot print out each sheet one by one
either.
I have the reverse problem when I want to print in Draft in Greyscale.

Can someone help me? Is the colour status controlled by the sheet, the
workbook, or the printer? Can anyone suggest a solution?

Thanks for you help,

0
cpa1 (11)

Select first sheet then right-click on tab and "Select all sheets".

Do your print setup on the one sheet and it will be done on all.

Unavailable options with grouped sheets will be setting print range and rows
to repeat at top.

All color options should be available.

DO NOT FORGET to ungroup the sheets when done.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 15:27:05 -0800, "Aussie CPA" <Aussie
CPA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi there,
>I have a spreadsheet with multiple sheets containing colour formatting
>(including graphs) that is regularly printed out in colour and greyscale. The
>problem I have is that when I need to print out several sheets simultaneously
>I uncheck the "Greyscale" option under print options and have the print job
>come out in colour. To print multiple selected sheets in colour I need to
>change the print options for each individual sheet (about 10 in all) to
>colour (non- greyscale). One strange peculiarity of this is that some of the
>sheets will not need to be "Unchecked" whereas others will. They are not
>necessarily the same sheets each time either.
>Unfortunately due to page numbering I cannot print out each sheet one by one
>either.
>I have the reverse problem when I want to print in Draft in Greyscale.
>
>Can someone help me? Is the colour status controlled by the sheet, the
>workbook, or the printer? Can anyone suggest a solution?
>

>Thanks for you help,

0
Gord

Problem with dates after conversion
I converted a large Lotus 123 document into excel, now whatever date I enter returns a 1/00/00 date, in whatever format I choose..Jan 0 1900..1-0-00 etc. the correct date is displayed up on the F line but in my sheet is says Jan zero of the year 1900...It has successfully driven me nuts. Help please... Go to the Tools menu, choose Options then the Transition tab. Uncheck "Transition Formula Evaluation" and "Transition Formula Entry". When Entry is checked, Excel will treat 3/9/2005 not as a date but as division, and the result is less that zero, hence when formatte...

Statement problem?
When I download my statement from my financial institution to Money it brings in the new transactions since the last time I downloaded, but then it wants to go thru the entire register and add every entry listed in the statement to the register a second time. What am I doing wrong??? The actual message that i am getting is...."This transaction in your Bank Statement could not be found in your account register. Add any information below and then click next to add the transaction to your register." Then it proceeds to put a second entry of the same transactions that are a...

Data counting problem
I have a column of numbers 1 through 3000. Another column has a few numbers scatered throughout this range. I want to have a third column that runs the entire height of 3000 cells with either ones or zeros corresponding to the first column where if the number exists in the second column it gets a one and if it doesn't it gets a zero. Can anybody help me? I've been looking into CountIf stuff, but I can't seem to get the criteria to be any of the numbers in column 2. Thanks in advance. -- GlitchCog ------------------------------------------------------------------------ GlitchCog...

Problems with hyperlinks in Word 2007
I am having problems with hyperlinks in Word - they show as a complete text string incl. something about javascript. This occurred after my last update from Microsoft. I have tried to search in the various settings without any luck - I need the hyperlinks to show as only regular text and not codes etc. Anybody out there who can help me so I do not miss any text in Word? Press Alt+F9 to hide field codes. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Mette S-K" <Mette S-K@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1788018D-30B3-4005-82BF-0DD03CB383EB@micros...

Counting Problem #4
Hi everyone, My problem is with the COUNTA funciton. I have a formula "=IF(COUNTA(K4:Q4)>0,1,0)", set up so that if at least one cell has letter/value, then formula will return a result of 1. The cells, whic this equation counts, are also formulas as well. (Ex =IF('Protocol!$K4="","",'Protoco !$K4)) I want to be able to count the cells that have data, yet not coun those cells which have a blank result. Is there anyway to do this i Excel? Thanks and Have a great weekend, Pet -- peter_river -----------------------------------------------------------...

MSPub. is printing "Side 1 name" on a label, how do I stop this?
MS Publisher 2003 is automatically incerting (when you print the label) "side 1 Performer's Name" on a cassette label. This lable has not been modify and prints perfectly in Pub98. The above statement is not found anywhere on the label itself or in the background. How frustrating! What are you using as a template? Is this text statement already on the template? Is this statement the name of the field in your database? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "audioplus" <audioplus@discussions.mi...

colour formula
I have two column where I want to apply a formula. I want=20 to check A1 if there is a specific colour in a1 then it=20 should automatically put person=E8s name with who is going=20 to do the report. I have give different colours to=20 different people eg. light yellow to A, green to B etc. I=20 want if client XYZ is there an if its in green colour it=20 should automatically put B with green colour in b1. Any help appretiated. Hetal You'll need a UDF like the one on Chip Pearson's site: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm If you're new to macros, you may want to read David...

Avoid Printing Inactive Customers
We have Inactivated customers and zero balance active customers. We don't want the Inactives printing on the A/R Aging Report but we do want the zero balance actives to print. How do we do that please? Sandy, You can put an identifier in one of the fields that the aged trial balance will filter by that you are not using for anything else. The most common ones are user-defined 1 and short name. Since these customers are inactive, there probably isn't much of a problem changing one of these fields. And if you're talking about a lot of customers, you can run a SQL script to...

tab names are wrong when printing custom footers (using [&tab] )
I am printing alot of charts for one spreadsheet that contains many tabs. I would like each page printed to have the name of the tab, so I did the following: clicked -page setup, -header/footer --Custom Footer, i clicked on "& [Tab]" for the name of the tab to be printed on the footer for that page. I get additional (incorrect) information after the tab name. Is there a way to correct this other than manually keying in the name of the each tab into the custom footer section? Try using Excel's Detect and Repair feature under the Help menu. It sounds as ...

Outlook2003 problem connecting to SBS
I have made a smal testlab, with a SBS2003 and a Windows XP SP2 (Danish) My problem Is that I cant get Outlook 2003 (tried both UK an Danish versions, and with and without SP1) to connect to the exchange. I can access the exchange account via OWA. I have pathced the exchange server with SP1. If i create a new Mail profile in Outlook, and selec Exchange. I can enter the servername, an username, but if I click OK or Check name, it chrashes. If I look in the data that is going to be sent to Microsoft it says: AppName: outlook.exe AppVer: 11.0.6353.0 AppStamp:408f2937 ModName: msmap...

ListCtrl column resize causes problems with the rows (?)
This is the problem, I have a list control that I am using through the CListCtrl MFC class in report mode. I want to resize a column (the last) to take up the available space when the user resizes the parent (dialog or MDI window). I thought that this would be easy; in fact it is simple to implement but causes a problem. What I did was to put code in the OnSize() handler, calculate the size of every column and the size of the control and then to resize the last column to the appropriate size. This works, however, if you have a number of rows that causes the scroll bar to appear an...

corrupt pst file problem
I use Outlook 2002 with Internet Mail Only (IMO). My pst file is 540,944 bytes. When I use Outlook now, it is likely that my computer will crash with a blue screen.\ "cannot copy file bobg: cyclic redundancy error": I tried to copy my pst file before I tried to fix or change anything but at the very end of the copy I get an error "cannot copy file bobg: cyclic redundancy error". I have used Norton disk doctor and PC-Doctor to check the hard disk (NTFS). PC-Doctor reports no errors, Norton reports a couple of indexes that should be deleted. I was surprised that sea...

Problem with Reading Ameritrade Transactions
I can't read any download Ameritade transactions with Microsoft Money 2005 Premium. I keep getting the following error when viewing my recent transactions... "An error occurred, but Money ran out of memory while trying to retrieve and display details about what happened." I have four new transactions in Ameritrade. I will show me the four trades that have taken place, but when i click next to update my account i get that error. I tried clearing out my temp files and internet files and deleting all my cookies but the error still comes. I even tried removing my Ameritrade On...

Printing Report 04-23-07
HELP!! I currently have a query that has that has [Please enter case number] in the criteria section. When i want to print a report from an open form, i would like the "Case number" entered automaticly from the open formed field "Case Number" so the user doesnt have to enter the case number for the report. -- Kevin Sebring Atlanta Georgia Rather than prompting for the case number, add a combo or text field to your form. Let the user select the case number or type it in the form. Then change the report's RecordSource query to reference the form field rath...

Problem replying to emails #2
Hi all, I have imported emails/address book from Outlook Express into Outlook and when I hit reply to any emails that were NOT in my address book in Outlook Express I cannot send the message as it does not find the email address like Outlook usually does. Is there any way around this or would I have to manually add an email address to each contact? Thanks Scott Ashton <wibble@wobble.com> wrote: > I have imported emails/address book from Outlook Express into Outlook > and when I hit reply to any emails that were NOT in my address book > in Outlook Express I cannot sen...

Colouring area under curve in a scatter chart?
I am using Excel 2003 and have a scatter chart with several series. I would like to fill the area under each series with a different colour. Does anyone know a way to do this? The chart in question can be found here. It is not easily reproducible as an area chart. http://www.edferrero.com/Content/Scatter_Pyramid.xls Apologies for cross-posting this, my three-week old laptop had a major drive failure today, so I have spent most of the day trying to recover data files (successfully) and trying to format the OS partition (unsuccessfully). I must be a little tired now... Ed Ferrero One ...

Online Backup Problem of Exchange 2003
Dear All, We are facing problem for taking an online backup of Exchange 2003 through NTBackup. Below is the error we are getting when backuping exchange: The 'Microsoft Information Store' returned 'Error returned from an ESE function call (d). ' from a call to 'HrESEBackupRead()' additional data '-'The 'Microsoft Information Store' returned 'Error returned from an ESE function call (d). ' from a call to 'HrESEBackupRead()' additional data '-' The operation was ended. As per the below link that state that if upgrade the excha...

Re: MS Outlook XP (2002) Message Rules Problem(s)
frustrating problem. been tackling it for days. problem: when i create a rule, or more than one, to autorespond with a specifi template (regardless of whether the rules does other things or not, i it contains an autoresponse, this problem occurs) the FIRST incomin email that matches the criteria gets a response and NO others. why this is a problem: IF, for example, i had a autoR setup to send a pic of my God daughte to everyone that messages with the subject line: send me a pic of her ONLY the first person to send an email will get their email. also, IF i had another one setup w/ the cri...

Problem with Outlook 2007 and RSS feeds from Firefox 2.0.0.12
I can not get this to work correctly. In IE 7 if I click on an RSS feed icon, IE will ask if I want to subscribe to the feed and if I do it adds the feed to the Outlook bar (just like Outlook 2007's directions say it should work). Using the same technique in Firefox, Outlook shows me the HTML behind the feed OR in the case of any RSS from the NY Times - it comes up as a page not found error. If I do a copy/paste into the account setup tab for RSS in Outlook I can make this work but I don't understand why there is such a hassle to get this done in Firefox EXPECIALLY when Firefox asks ...

Can't Print Worksheet to a One-Page PDF Document
I'm running Excel 2007 and Adobe Acrobat 8.0. I can't print a worksheet to a one-page PDF document. The PDF maker breaks off one end and prints it as a second page. If I try to print to a PDF with a landscape setting, the PDF printer breaks off the bottom and prints it as a second page. Is there a way of getting the worksheet onto a one-page PDF file? maybe download and install 2007 Microsoft Office Add-in: Microsoft Save as PDF or XPS http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=4D951911-3E7E-4AE6-B059-A2E79ED87041&displaylang=en Robert Lee wrote: > I...

outlook news group reader problem
Hi, I have a question about the way messages are organized in the outlook news group reader. It's sorted with a 'sent' field (last time a message is posted on a subject). I really want to have 'first posted' field (first time a message is posted as a subject) to sort the messages so I can read something from begining to the end. Because for some heavy volume news group, I often only see 'Re: ..' as the subject and I have no idea what the original post is about. Please help. G'Day YUU LIU, In Outlook Express, please check the Menu: View>Current View&...

Outlook problem
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_004C_01C3E515.CF64A7A0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi All Have a strange issue. Messages keep disappearing from Inbox and other folders. Am running Outlook 2000 on W2K on a network is only happening to some users. No Filters or anything. Have run a PST scan it seems ok. Would appreciate any ideas. --=20 - Best Regardz Jay Singh *********************************************************************** WALIA PTY LIMITED | technology solutions for a...

Printing ?
Ive seen spreadsheet where you can click your mouse on a 'Button' on th spreadsheet and it will print out a range of worksheets/pages etc. Id like to set this up on my Budgets, is it a Visual Basic thing ? Ho do you do it ? Have I posted this in the right area ? Cheers -- Ainsle ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Ainsley's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3196 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=51965 Just use your macro recorder, sometimes there is fine tuning that ...

print Grid Lines
when i try to print grid lines they dont print, i have tried to look at "format cell" then boarders and selected inside with a solid black line. i have also checked the "page setup" and the "sheet tab" and chedked "grid lines" but i still cannot print grid lines. will some one please help me. >-----Original Message----- >when i try to print grid lines they dont print, i have >tried to look at "format cell" then boarders and selected >inside with a solid black line. i have also checked >the "page setup" and th...

Problem sending an email to a particular domain
In sending an email to a United Kingdom domain and the mail is sitting in the Que with the message "Host Unreachable". I did a DIG to the domain and was able to telnet to their mail server with no problem. Any ideas as to what else I can check? Have you dig it about the UK MX RECORD? On the exchange server, make the dig and nslookup. Enable tracking message on exchange server. Have you try sending an email with Hotmail or other email account? Have you checked for any Email filter, etc >-----Original Message----- >In sending an email to a United Kingdom domain and the &g...