Problems saving excel file from outlook

I have an EU that whenever he saves an excel file from
outlook, it will rename the file (by adding the number "2"
at the end of the file "file2.xls") and it also changes
all the embedding links in the document.  (The embedding
link of F:\users\file.xls changes to c:\documents and
settings\file.xls)

0
lcheek (1)

Are you setting a Hyperlink base for your links?  See Menu
> File > Property > Summary tab.  Put the original folder
location there and when you move or save the file the
links will not be renamed.  Also assigning a letter to the
drive can cause problems (not everyone will have the same
letter for that drive).  You need to use the real path
name, if possible. Can not help with the Outlook save
problem. It does increment as you say?

Ken

outlook not good
Help: Since I loaded Outlook on Thursday (as part of an Office 2003 upgrade) I have not been able to find (or receive?) e-mails on Outlook whereas I still receive and find e-mails easily on Outlook Express (which came with my Comcast broadband service) ... any clues as to what I'm doing wrong regarding Outlook e-mail? Thank you in advance for your help. any clues? - not really you dont give any error msgs or? Tried, in OL, Importing yr mail settings from OE? David "william" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:391701c3e297$a9268980$a401280a...

Help! Can't open my Outlook 2003
Message I get is: Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Unable to open the Outlook Window. The set of folders could not be opened. The server is not available. Contact your administrator if this condition persists. Need suggestion on what to do please. What type of email account do you use? Did it work before? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outloo...

Saving new record with defaults only
I'm programmatically valuing several default values in a form from fields in a preceding form. Sometimes there is no other data entry required, but we want the new record to be saved. Unfortunately, the record is NOT being saved, because there is nothing to be saved when all you have is default values. How can I force the save of the new record? mlwallin wrote: > I'm programmatically valuing several default values in a form from > fields in a preceding form. Sometimes there is no other data entry > required, but we want the new record to be saved. Unfortunately, the ...

Strange(?) OWA login problems
Sorry for this rather long message - but I feel lost. I have for a long time had the problem that some of my users can not use OWA to log on to the Exchange server. First one user could not logon, then the next until 4 had permanent problems. The logs showed virtually nothing. (The tests below are made on the internal network to make sure there are no routing or firewall issues. I have Win2k (SP4), Ex2k (SP?), IIS5. The server is the domain controller. IIS has 5 domains (none is the 2000 domain). The test were run from an XP Pro with user A logged in to the domain) Today I decided to take a...

Excel files won't come up
I am having trouble bringing up any Excel file. I get an error message with a error signature like this AppName:Excel.exe AppVer 9.0.0.2719 ModName:mso9:11 ModVer:9.0.0.2720 Offset:00045909 When I look up the tech information at the bottom I get this c:\docume~1\HarryG~1\Locals~1\temp\2958_appcompat.txt I sent this message last week and the remark was to double click and copy the error and reply. I did and I haven't seen any reply yet. I really need to use the Excel files which I use often. All other ofice files OK Help!!! I don't have a guess about what's ...

How to code a batch file?
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to code a batch file to open an excel file if current time is between 9 am and 10 am? otherwise don't open it. Thanks in advance for any suggestions Eric On Mar 25, 8:37=A0pm, Eric <E...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Does anyone have any suggestions on how to code a batch file to open an e= xcel > file if current time is between 9 am and 10 am? otherwise don't open it. > Thanks in advance for any suggestions > Eric I would try this group. Andy http://groups.google.com/group/alt.msdos.batch.nt?hl=3Den ...

Outlook closes when opened
Almost every time i try to open my mail in Internet Explorer using Outlook 2003 outlook closes. THe only way i can read my mail is after I reboot and check for any errors in the system. Any answers out there. ...

Changing Default Save Location for Email Attachments
Hey gang.. I understand the Tools>Options>General tab allows you to change the default open/save file for Excel, however, this does not work when you open a file received as an attachment. The Save As location changes to one of the Temp folders. Does anyone know how to change this? I use Outlook 2002 - and this may be impossible, but it is extremely irritating and I would love to find out how to change this Thanks --Shane Hi shane try Ron's sendmail add-in: http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Shane wrote: > Hey gang... > > I ...

Create Pareto Chart in Excel? #2
Thanks for the responses. The data is in a sorted frequenc distribution. I have the data analysis add-in installed, but i couldn' locate the data analysis pull down or the histogram with pareto option I'm running excel 2000, I can still create a pareto with this versio correct -- Tycon2 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Tycon22's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1626 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27698 The bottom entry on the Tools menu should be "Data Analysi...

Hi I'm New and need help with Excel Basics
Please can anyone help me answer any of these questions: How would you add the contents of the cells from A1 to A10. Give 2 ways to do this. (hint: Look up "Examples of common formulas" in Excel help How do you format a cell to have dollar signs next to the numbers? How do you add the contents of cells A1 through A10 on sheet 1 and make the answer show up on sheet 2? How do you rename a sheet? Can I delete the sheets that I don't need? If so how? How do I freeze rows or columns of the sheet so that they don't' move when you scroll up or down? Example: My n...

File Saving with Text from File
I have a template, and the customer name always goes in the same cell. When I click the save button, I would like to have the customer name pop into the "save as" area instead of having to type it every time. Thanks for your help Only way is to keep opening the same file that already has the customers name. You must be adding dates or numbers after the customers name. Just open up the last file for that customer and tweak the dates/numbers. "jweasl" wrote: > I have a template, and the customer name always goes in the same cell. When I > click the save button, ...

User Is Prompted for Password That Is Already Saved
I really need help with this one. I save the password in my Outlook (2002), but it remembers it for only 1 session. The next time I start Outlook, it asks me for my password again. Why is this happening and how can i fix this? I looked for this all over the Microsoft Knowledge Base and the best answer for this i could find was to install SP1 and SP2. Both of them are already installed on my computer. If anyone has any ideas about how this could be fixed, please let me know. Thanks in advance, Kamran If you are still having problems after applying both the SP 1 & 2 patches, t...

help with outlook 2002 XP
I deleted an old exchange server account as it always showed an error when send/receiving. When I did this I lost all inboz and calendar -- can I retrieve any of this data??? Also cannot even send emails as message pops up saying no data files available. ANy thoughts? ...

Outlook 2000 (Win2K Pro) connection problems
Hi Everyone, I have a few workstations that cannot connect to an Exchange 2000 server from Outlook 2000 (Win2k Pro). Access is still available via OWA and everything was working as of this past Friday. I receive a "The logon credentials supplied were incorrect. Make sure your username and domain are correct, then type your password again." error message when the correct credentials are supplied and tried to use this http://support.microsoft.com/kb/321652/en-us KB with no success. On my XP Pro workstation with Office 2000, I am able to connect as normal. So far I have tried, re...

Outlook 2010 04-19-10
Testing Office 2010 but before using any of the suite need to setup up Outlook first but cannot Import CSV file addressbook from either 2003 or 2007 in to it. Error message "Invalid SAM ID" and following global search it can be done with a "translator" but no one seems to know where to get it from so still cannot use Outlook. Although a beta product Outlook is specifically a communications application but not being able to easily import your contacts makes the application totally useless! I would have thought that MS would have at least made sure that the mos...

Can't save new Excel Doc

Outlook damaged PST file
have run the Inbox Repair tool on what Outlook tells me is a damaged PST file. I do not get an option to repair the file. I have moved the file so that it is not available to Outlook but it still appears in the Mail pane as a folder. I can't remove it. I would just like to get rid of it. If I leave the damaged file so that Outlook can access it I also can't remove it since I get a message that elements are missing. Once you've moved the file, you should be able to right-click the entry in the mail pane and select Close. -Peter "DonBob" <DonBob@discussions.micr...

outlook backup #5
my HDD crashed, the technician took the whole disk backup in a new HDD. I searched for .Pst but couldnt locate. Please advise the procedure for locating .pst file, address book & also procedure to import the message & address book in the new outlook. I am using windows Xp (home) & office XP. I have data in both microsoft outlook & outlook exp. First, search within hidden folders to find your PST. Second, do NOT import it. Just reuse it. All you data is in that one file. Take a look at these pages for info on Outlook data backup: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm...

"Unable to display folder" accessing additional mailboxes in Outlook 2003 as administrator
Article 262399 properly describes the process, however for a new machine with Windows 2003 Server, Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003 (on console), this right appears to be already granted to all mailboxes. That is "domain"\administrator already has full mailbox access although it appears greyed out on purpose. Deleting and re-adding is not allowed. So, if one logs onto the console as an administrator and adds the additional mailboxes to the exchange server profile, one gets the typical "unable to display folder" when clicking on the mailbox in Outlook 2003. Even though th...

Bad license file
When signing on I reeive the message "bad license file". I do not know where it came from or how to delete it. Can you help me? -- Thank you, Vista Ray Vista Ray wrote: > When signing on I reeive the message "bad license file". I do not know where > it came from or how to delete it. Can you help me? here as an answer appropriate for your wonderfully vague question https://www.impaticize.com/impkb/questions/218/ To be more specific the message that I receive is Portrait Displays - version changed - bad license file. -- Thank you, Vista ...

Simple problem
I am doing something obviously stupid but can't see what In a spreadsheet I have data in cols A and B In cell B1 I have =(a1-0.375) I have copied this to b2.b14 with the result shown: 1 0.625 2 0.625 3 0.625 4 0.625 5 0.625 6 0.625 7 0.625 8 0.625 9 0.625 10 0.625 11 0.625 12 0.625 13 0.625 14 0.625 If I go to cell b2 and then left click in the formula bar then hit enter, b2 evaluates to 1.625. Same with b3, b4 etc. What have I done to stop the formula evaluating correctly after I have copied it? Thanks...

how to use collapse/ expand fuction in excel like outlook

named excel lists
I'm somewhat of a newbie, so I may not be asking this question with the correct terminology. I'd like to define a name and attach it to the range of an "excel (2003) list". If I add a new row or column to the "excel list", then the range is suitable extended. How? Try Debra Dalgleish's nice coverage of Dynamic Ranges at: http://www.contextures.com/xlNames01.html#Dynamic Look for "Create a Dynamic Range" -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- Please respond, in newsgroup xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com ---- "hidden" <hidden123456@hotmail.com...

Excel startup with buttons
I was wondering if it is possible to have a blank screen displayed when a user opens up excel, and have them select a button to take them to a particular worksheet in the excel workbook. I have figured out how to use code in visual basic to create the buttons, but when I open the workbook, it displays the "button screen" overtop of whatever the last page was when the workbook was last used. I'd rather not have any of the worksheets visible behind the button choosing screen. Any suggestions? -- alanad ------------------------------------------------------------------------ a...

Problems with syncing with MSN since udating Bank of America
I am a Bank of America customer so I updated the account per last weekends instructions. Every since then I cannot sync with MSN Money on line. Also a number of other accounts no longer updata including ING Direct, Chase, Circuit City. I uninstalled and reinstalled Money 2006 Deluxe. I tried earlier versions of my back up files to before the update but nothing works. Oh by the way I installed the Beta of IE 7 but have since uninstalled it. I am not sure if the problems started when I did the Bank update or when I did the IE 7 beta. I have tried phone support but no luck. Any sugg...