Problem with "Search box" in Help window

We are using Excel 2003 on XP.  This problem is occuring for all users.

When you click Help-Microsoft Excel Help, and try to type in the Search for:
box under Assistance, the text is inserted into the spreadsheet instead.

The only way you can manage to enter any text into this box is to copy it,
then right-click paste it into that box (Edit-Paste and Ctrl+V do not work)

I can't find anything in the kbase (except for the tip about pasting).

What is up with this?

How to add a search box to Outlook as a Toolbar??
Hi, We have a search box on our web site. We wanted to integrate this search box into outlook so a user could simply search our site from within outlook. This search should query the database on our side I would assume...perhaps pass the search criteria in the url?? how can this be done? Thx.. -WestSide Anyone know? ...

I want to create a search box in access
I have a database that I can create a query on, to bring up certain details that I need to look at, without all the fluff. When i run the query, I need to create either a macro, or a query, that will show me a search box, so that I can search forspecific postcodes in my query. is this possible with Access 2007? Is anything similar to this possible, that will save me having to go to the filter everytime i want to search for a new postcode? I've spoke to MS and trawled the internet, and no one seems to be able to help me. Anything would be appreciated. You must use a form to do this. ...

Is it possible to create an internal "search box" feature
I work for a college and we would like to put a "search box" feature on all of the pages for internal use. Is this possible to do in Publisher? Any help would be appreciated. ...

How can I create a multiple field search box? (corrected post)
Hi, I need assistance in creating a multiple field search box, i have a screen shot but i couldn't find a way to include it in this message. I have been battling with this problem for weeks. the search box was created in foxpro, i'm trying to create a similar search box in ms access 2003. it searches only one table so each table has a search box for it. Here is a description for the search box for the community table which is one of the tables in the database. It has a drop down list that selects all the fields in the table such as area code for the community, community code, and com...

Add a dropdown search box to a Form page
I have a dbase with one table. I would like to add a search box to my Form page that will pull a customers name from my "Account Name" field in my table and show the person assigned to that customer; this is in my "Assigned To" field in my table. I would expect my dropdown list to look something like this: ABC Corp. - John Smith Help Me Inc - Bary Blue etc..etc.. Thanks ...

Search box for text
I'm looking for a solution for an item search box for an inventory. I have a spreadsheet that I need to find "Name of product" and scroll it up to the bottom of my frozen pane. I've searched the discussions forum and tried several formulas, non have worked for me. In my frozen panes view, I'm looking to have a search box to type an item name in and have excel scroll it up to the bottom of the frozen pane. The item names are in column "D". Any takers????? Thanks, Allan Grates You are not going to be able to do this with formulas since formulas cann...

Search Box
I have completed a database of School. Now I want to make a search box on my main form. there are 3-thousand students almost. now when a student comes and i want to either check/enter his progress or check/submit his fee. How will i walkthrough the Data of hundreds of Students. I want a search box where i will enter the name (first of last) and it show me the entries same like my search and i could go to the record. ---------------------------------------- otherwise ------------->>>>>> >>> it can be done by this way: when a student comes to me: I will enter in ...

How do i set up a search box in my webpage?
i am creating a web page and i would like to know how i can insert a search box so it will make it easier for people to find the music they want to listen to on my web page. You didn't state what version of FP you are using. In FP 2003, press the F1 key, then search for "search box" (without the quotes). "Blind sun" <Blind sun@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2E3BB2F0-7CB6-49A1-AD4F-26CA7B63A719@microsoft.com... >i am creating a web page and i would like to know how i can insert a search > box so it will make it easier for people to find...

Add a Transaction Search Box to the Register Window ...
.... and I will probably switch back to Money from Quicken. You need to be able to type the dollar amount or any text and finds all hits in your register. Quicken has this. It's much faster than the clunky search interface in Money 2005 (the last version I used) where you have to type Ctl-F, choose Advanced, click Next, choose Amount, type the amount, click Next, etc. Thanks, Larry ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message...

Research box appears but doesn't actually search for anything
Whenever i try and use the research facility, it says that it is searching but always comes back with 'results not found'. I'm not looking up anything particularly wacky so there should be options there and there aren't. Help please! How do i make this work? ...

txt search box returns all records when wildcard is entered
I have used a simple textbox search originally created by Graham Thorpe [Event Procedure]. When I open my search form If I type in and abbreviated search text for example 206 vs. 206-030-987-101 It returns all of the records in the database. If I search on 206-030-987-101 it will find that specific record and display it, but all records are available. I would like help with using the textbox search to bring up only those records containing the exact match if one is available and not physically being able to view any other records in the current form. I would like to also be able to pe...

Search box of the Record Selector
Hi, Is it possible to set the focus on the Search box of the Record Selector when a form is displayed (when some value has been set before)? That way, when the user types something, he will not modify the existing record. He will in search mode by default. Thanks. -- Jac Tremblay Hi, "Tremblay" such as a town in France !!! Here a solution : Private Sub cmdSearch_Click() SendKeys "^+{F}", True End Sub -- Argy Goto : http://argyronet.developpez.com/ Livres : Créez des programmes avec Microsoft Access 2007 (ISBN 2742982442) VBA pour O...

GP 10 [home -> Purchasing -> All Purchasing [search box]
A great new window in ‘sales transactions, and ‘ Purchase transactions’ offering a transaction view on the bottom of the page . The search feature [Type to Filter] only searches column headers. It would be extremely helpful if this search feature allowed searches for content on the document, e.g. ‘purchase order #, or item #. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to ope...

search box is missing
I'm using Outlook 2002 and the search box to find emails and stuff dissapeared. I usually use google desktop search but if an item is archived it will find it with google desktop but it wont open it because the index doesn't know it moved or something. So most of the time I find it best to just use the regular outlook search. However it seems to have gone away and I can't figure out how to get it back. I have an address bar that has outlook:Sent or other folders like that, I could have sworn that's where the search box was before. If you click on the Find icon on the a...

Problem with "Search box" in Help window
We are using Excel 2003 on XP. This problem is occuring for all users. When you click Help-Microsoft Excel Help, and try to type in the Search for: box under Assistance, the text is inserted into the spreadsheet instead. The only way you can manage to enter any text into this box is to copy it, then right-click paste it into that box (Edit-Paste and Ctrl+V do not work) I can't find anything in the kbase (except for the tip about pasting). What is up with this? ...

Create a Search Box on a form
I have a form that allows the user to add a new record. Now I want to allow the user the capability to change a record in the database, when necessary. I want to create a search (or filter) on my date field. Do I need to create a new form or can I use the same form for adding? Also how do I create the search???? If you want to search the form for a specific date, have the user right-click in the date text box and use the filter for to enter the date. -- Duane Hookom MS Access MVP "Summing multiple fields on a form" <Summingmultiplefieldsonaform@disc...

IE7 search box (top right)
I'm using IE7 (7.0.5730.13IS). There is a little "Search" box in the top right which I'd like to remove, but cannot find the setting to do this. When I choose "Change Search Defaults..." and then try to remove "Ask.co.uk" (which is not the problem, I don't mind ask) IE7 says I have to add another search provider. I've also tried right-clicking the bar and trying Customise... Again there's no option to remove this. Any way to do this? Thanks, Alain Found a website that gave the answer if anyone is interested. It does ...

Macro to open a search box?
I have a spreadsheet with 2 tabs - one containing all the data, and another that acts as a front end. I have added several drop downs, and created macros that apply autofilters to the data tab based on the selections. I did want to add a keyword search box - is it possible either to create a simple macro that summons the search box (ctrl - F) and pre-fills with the keyword entered into a cell, or more spectacularly to then only summon the whole records of anything containing that keyword? All of my 'records' are on a row each on the data tab, so if there was a match it woul ju...

Lookout search box no longer appears in my Outlook Session
I installed Lookout as a search engine. Worked great for about three months then it just disapeared from my outlook session. I have uninstalled and reinstalled "No Joy" How do I get the Lookout Search engine box to re-appear? have you tried view > toolbars and checking the lookup option? "DonG" <DonG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0CCED2DC-C81E-4FF4-8E89-DB4C24A0215E@microsoft.com... > I installed Lookout as a search engine. Worked great for about three months > then it just disapeared from my outlook session. I have uninstalled a...

How can I create a multiple field search box that use logical operators in an option box?
Hi, I need assistance in creating a multiple field search box, i have a screen shot but i couldn't find a way to include it in this message. I have been battling with this problem for weeks. I'm trying to use ms access 2003 to create a search box similar to one i saw in foxpro. It searches all the fields in only one table so each table has a search box for it. Here is a description for the search box for the community table which is one of the tables in the database. It has a drop down list that selects all the columns in the table such as area code for the community, community code,...

2007 search box and instant search invite, remove them
i don't want to see the search box, or the yellow bar asking me enable instant search. i didn't install instant search. i've heard nothing but bad things about it. how do i get rid of the search box and yellow 'enable' box that sits over all the email messages, contacts, notes, etc. ? -- jeffrey You can disable this prompt using Outlook's Tools, Options, Other, Advance Options dialog box if WDS is not installed. If the checkbox is missing from the dialog you can edit the registry to disable it. http://www.slipstick.com/emo/2006/up060525.htm#search -- Dian...

SEARCH BOX
First thank you in advance for any help. I want to put a search box on the first sheet of my program to enter data, either a name or an assigned number, and have it search for and go to that line of information on another sheet. Can I do this or do you have another suggestion? This should do it. Change sheet name and column numbers to suit Sub nameornumberfind() With Sheets("sheet34") mv = InputBox("Enter name or number") If IsNumeric(mv) Then 'MsgBox "number" mc = 4 Else 'MsgBox "text" mc = 1 End If Set mf = .Columns(mc).fi...

Search Box
Don't know anything about coding but I found this piece of code which finds a numeric record in a field. This works great but I would like to use it to return a text record in a field. Dim strFindID As String strFindID = InputBox("Enter the ID# you're looking for:") If IsNumeric(strFindID) Then With Me.RecordsetClone .FindFirst "[ID#]=" & strFindID If .NoMatch Then MsgBox "Sorry, couldn't find that ID#." Else Me.Bookmark = .Bookmark End...

Search boxes from Outlooks Find Bar leave a shadow on the desktop
X-Posted to: microsoft.public.outlook and microsoft.public.outlook.general Followup to: microsoft.public.outlook This is a HUGE NG, so sorry if my question has been posted here before - I searched back til the beginning of February without any luck. The problem. When the Find Bar is active in Outlook (Office Xp - 2002) and I quit the application, shadows of two of the Find Bar search boxes appear on the desktop - in upper left corner. Two screen shots: http://users.cybercity.dk/~dsl487543/FindBar.jpg http://users.cybercity.dk/~dsl487543/FindBarShadow.jpg The OS is XP Pro with SP3. Th...

muti search box
I have added a multi search box to my site but I can't get the other site to come up when we click there boxes . I have selected Yahoo, e bay, craigslist & the web Am I doing something wrong Please help. Thank Tony aa.saving@yahoo.com On Fri, 10 Aug 2007 15:24:55 -0700, aa.saving@yahoo.com wrote: >I have added a multi search box to my site but I can't get the other >site to come up when we click there boxes . I have selected Yahoo, e >bay, craigslist & the web Am I doing something wrong Please help. >Thank Tony aa.saving@yahoo.com You're asking in the wr...