Hello,

I am trying to generate a large Excel spreadsheet apprx. 10000 rows and 40
columns. I am generating defined name section in the Workbook.xml part of the
XLSM package. Here is a sample entry from that section

<definedName name="_._44802_._0_._0_._0_._top_line" localSheetId="0"
hidden="1">Sheet1!$B$2</definedName>

Although the generation goes fine, I can not open the spreadsheet as the
Excel throws an error message saying the package is corrupt. But this is not
the case if the spreadsheet is small say, 200 rows by 10 columns.

Further investigation indicated that there is a limit on the number of named
ranges one can add to the Excel. However, that limit is governed by the
available memory on the client machine as per this article
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/HP051992911033.aspx

To test out the scenario, i wrote a small VBA macro to add the named ranges
to the cells. Note: Here one cell = one named range, which is also the case
in my file generation logic.

Sub addNames()
    Dim objRange As Range
    Dim actSheet As Excel.Worksheet
    For r = 1 To 10000
        For c = 1 To 10
            Set actSheet = Excel.ActiveSheet
            Set objRange = actSheet.Cells(r, c)
            Set nm = ActiveWorkbook.Names.Add("NMR" & r & "C" & c,
objRange)
        Next
    Next
End Sub

After 65472 cells, excel does not allow me to add more than the specified
amount of names. This is regardless of whatever RAM, whatever amount of
memory is available on user's machine.

My question is: Is there a limit on number of names(named ranges) we can add
to excel 2007? And how to overcome this limit so that generated spreadsheet
can open?

Thanks,

Niranjan

Banking Services Update Problem #2
I have successfully completed all of the steps as provided for in the update instructions. Initially updates were received as usual. However, now all of the accounts that were disabled and set-up again are failing to update. Message received is "Update unsuccessful" and call summary message is "Microsoft Money could not update your account. Please try to update your account again." Also after updating, the accounts that were updated never displayed a password text box. I went through the disable and set-up process again and still no password text box on the upd...

Voice connector on Exchange server 2007.

Looking for Excel Help

New to excel

Excel button problem

Excel 97 #9

projecting the notes pages in PPT 2007

Question -Problem

AD Sync problem

WCF Client serialization problem

Having problem with spoofing email

outlook 97 and express email problems

Problem with Range

learning Excel #3

Setting a dynamic range in a formula

Formula for Game Spreadsheet
I am currenly playing a game of Ars Magica. I am using a spreadsheet to compute the info for my character. I am having a probllem with the casting total for spells related to a paticular character. The Formula is as follows : =IF(H13="","--",IF(J13="",INDIRECT(H13),MIN(INDIRECT(H13),INDIRECT(LEFT(J13,2)),INDIRECT(RIGHT(J13,2))))+IF(K13="",INDIRECT(I13),MIN(INDIRECT(I13),INDIRECT(LEFT(K13,2)),INDIRECT(RIGHT(K13,2))))+Sta+IF(N13="",0,$H$2)) I am trying to compute the casting total for the spells castable by this character. The total for the ...

message delivery problems

Offline Synchronization Problem #2