Problem with komma versus period in Excel

Hej
I am have problems with the use of period in Excel. I
Denmark komma is the decimal seperator.
If I convert (from within VB Editor) the content of a cell
from "6340,00" to text and replace the komma with period I
get "6340" (I wanted "6340.00).
If I make the convertion in Excel and record the macro at
the same time I get the desired result i my sheet. BUT
when I put in my code in VBA and run it from here I still
get the wrong result, "6340" and not "6340.00".

I know Excel (VBA) transform "." to "," probably acording
to Windows setup. But have to desolve my problem, I need
the period in the text for a lookup function.

Thanks in advance

Regards
Leif Rasmussen
0
agertoft (4)

Printing problem from Excel 2007

Excel Mail Merger Problem
When merging excel with word for..my currrency field is dropping off zeros to the right of decimal point..if field has $ 56.03, it imports correctly, but if it is $56.00, it comes in as $56, if it is $56.30, it comes in as $56.3...this process is for invoices..any advice (I've tried everything)? Debra Dalgleish has given the following reply in newsgroups http://google.com/groups?threadm=3EBB0685.5080002%40contextures.com and has also identified the following MS KB articles in such as : http://google.com/groups?threadm=3DFA8DA8.6000209%40contextures.com 304387 - WD: Date, Phone N...

excel charts #24
Is it possible to freeze a chart in excel and then add another chart with different column widths without having the changes affect the first chart? Hi, Move off the chart, press the Shift or Ctrl keys and select the chart. Then right-click it and choose Format Object On the Properties sheet select Don't move or size with cells -- Thanks, Shane Devenshire "Lorena" wrote: > Is it possible to freeze a chart in excel and then add another chart with > different column widths without having the changes affect the first chart? ...

How do I prevent "Help" from opening when I open Excel?
Whenever I open Excel 2003 the Help feature opens on the right. How do I pevent this? I only want Excel to open with a new sheet. -- Lee P Lee Help or TaskPane. For Help, you should be able to close it using the "x" and next time open Excel should not display. If TaskPane, go to Tools>Options>View and uncheck "Startup Task Pane" Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 12 Dec 2005 13:05:29 -0800, "Lee P" <LeeP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Whenever I open Excel 2003 the Help feature opens on the right. >How do I pevent this? I only want Exce...

Message "class not registered" opening sheet with macros Excel 97
I have created a document with Macros and is password protected. I have sent it to several people who are able to use it - the one who can't is using Excel 97 SP2. They are getting error message "class not registered" - could it be the version they are using and how do I make sure they are able to use it. This could simply be a version issue if you developed on a later version and used controls from that versions object libraries. You should always use the lowest version to develop on. If this is not the case look in the VBE on the faulty machine and check tools>ref...

Excel, how do I get ALT F C to work the same as ALT F Enter C ?
The above is an example, but it aplies to any menu. Before, if I pressed say, ALT F, the drop down menu would appear and I could press, say, C and get to the submenu. Now I have to press Enter, before the C, which is a bother. Thanks. On my Windows 2000 version 5.00.2195 with Excel '97 and Excel 2003 the Alt F C still works. What version software / Excel are you using? -- Bryan Hessey ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Bryan Hessey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=21059 View this thread: http://www....

Excel 2002
Have several spreadsheet files I use routinely. Three have recently crashed after I added another sheet. In each case the document recovery created a file missing all the color and text formats that the file contained before the crash. Not sure what other changes may have occurred. Is there something wrong with the copy of Excel on my PC? Could these three files be corrupt? Is there a procedure to "clean-up" these files? Thanks in advance for any suggestions. Mark Hi sounds like they are corrupted. I would suggest to copy the data + formats to a new, 'fresh' workbook. ...

lost data when opening excel workbooks ; text import wizard popup
When opening many of my excel files ,which all have the same modification date, I come across the text import wizard which states that my text in these files is 'delimited'. All of the files ,including a few word doc.s have had their data changed to show all " y " with two dots above the letter for as far as the eye can see. No import or export has been done with the files and no modifications were done on that date, as far as I know. Is this a corruption problem or is their some 'fix' that I am overlooking. Thanks for any ideas. ...

I am converting lotus123 files to excel2002. One problem is that in lotus, literals are ignored when found in a cell within a formula. Excel on the other hand is not doing this and therefore causing #value errors on all the formulas where this occurs. Is there a way to handle this in excel other than manually having to change all the formulas? ...

Comments problem
I've created a number of comments. When I position the comments where I want them, they only reflect their positions on "Show" or "Edit" comment. All the comments default to the same relationship to the cells when you pass over them. This is a problem because I've also used data vaildation (with lists) on these cells and you can't display the comment with the list pulled down at the same time because the comments are tool close to the validated cell. Thanks in adavance. The comment usually appears to the right of the cell, and should still allow you to see t...

code problem
Hi this is a follow on to a previous thread (Copy Macro) We are now successfully creating a new Workbook using the code below. With ActiveWorkbook FName = .Path & "\code.txt" .VBProject.VBComponents("Module2_sort").Export FName End With ThisWorkbook.Worksheets(Array("Supplier Concerns")).Copy ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:="c:\Week\testing" & strFileName & ".xls" ActiveWorkbook.VBProject.VBComponents.Import FName Problem is when we open the new Workbook and run the macro the code defaults ba...

How do I display two excel pages at the same time?
I want to have two excel pages displayed on my computer at the same time, but when I open both pages it uses the same master excel and when I toggle between the two it won't open both of them up. I'm using office 2003. Thanks for the help. -- snowtime ------------------------------------------------------------------------ snowtime's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25982 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=393499 Open both and then do windows>arrange and vertical (or any of the other choices, I usuall...

How do I add a hyperlink to an individual word in an Excel cell?
I am using Excel 2000 (not by choice) and I need to add a hyperlink to an individual word within the cell, not the whole cell itself. For example in the sentence "Click here or here to go to the appropriate web page." I want the words "here" to each have a separate hyperlink. Any ideas? I can manage some VBA too if necessary. Thanks, Rosalie Hi Rosalie, You can't do that in Excel. You would have to use HTML or Word or some other means. You could fake it, the entire cell would be a link, but you could after assigning the hyperlink select another...

synchronising problem with Sony NWZ-S545
Up until recently i could sync tracks/albums etc to my sony S545 MP3. now when i try and drag tracks to the sync folder then click start sync the mp3 player just freezes, WMP states "processing" but nothing happens. Have searched the web for a solution but nothing. done sysem restore etc etc. I guess it must be a recent update but what one? Its a pain in the backside and hope someone can help "Wookywoo" wrote: > Up until recently i could sync tracks/albums etc to my sony S545 MP3. now > when i try and drag tracks to the sync folder then click s...

How do I get excel files to open automatically from directories?
When I try to open excel files from the directory or from desktop I only get a blank worksheet not the file. I have to then go through File Open to get the file I want. There must be a way to have them open automatically. On Mon, 2 Jan 2006 21:22:01 -0800, Damian <Damian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When I try to open excel files from the directory or from desktop I only get >a blank worksheet not the file. I have to then go through File Open to get >the file I want. > >There must be a way to have them open automatically. Go to Tools -> Options -> Gen...

How do I easily draw in Excel the Upper and Lower limits of a con.
How do I easily draw in Excel the Upper and Lower limits of a control chart? I want to draw lines for target, min value and max values. How I can do that without having to make complete data series? Judy, Jon Peltier has just updated his site to include a Run chart that you could revise to be a control chart: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/RunChtLines.html Jon also has an example of a dynamic control chart: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/statscharts.html#CtrlCht ---- Regards, John Mansfield http://www.pdbook.com "Judy" wrote: > How do I easily draw in ...

FIX at bottom-right of Excel screen. Know what it means?
When ever I open a worksheet the bottom right corner of the screen (by the CAPS, SCRL, etc alerts) FIX is showing. Does anyone know what is causing this? It means you have fixed decimal settings checked under tools>options>edit -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Bobbert" <Bobbert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EFFD8EFF-D7A2-42D8-862E-E0B1F535A5BE@microsoft.com... > When ever I open a worksheet the bottom right corner of the screen (by the > CAPS, SCRL, etc alerts) FIX is showing. Does anyone know what is causing > this? Tools>Options&g...

Question Regarding Excel 2007 Formatting Corruption

Problem hot synching Outlook 2002 with Palm Pilot
I recently had to reformat my c: drive and reinstall Windows XP and Office XP, including Outlook 2002. Since then, whenever I hot synch my Palm Pilot with Outlook, the hot synch is interrupted with a dialog saying "This action cannot be completed because the 'Inbox Microsoft Outlook' program is not responding. Choose 'Switch to" and connect the problem." When I press the 'Switch to" button, I get a second dialog, which says, "Microsoft Outlook - A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this? ...

save as problem
I cant save my excel file The "save as" option is not eviable. Whats happening? "From a prior post by Ron DeBruin, You can reset your menubar to default. Right click menubar. Customize > Toolbars Tab. Select worksheet menubar. Click Reset button. Using VBA Application : CommandBars(""Worksheet menu bar"").Controls(""File"").Reset Or the whole menubar Application.CommandBars(1).Reset You lost the things you add to the menubar!!" ========================================================== And one link that offers some sugges...

Odd problem with worksheets when opening file
Okay, here's the odd problem that's come up. When you double click on a excel file, excel opens up, but you can onl see the toolbars. The grid area looks like a snapshot of whatever you current background is before the file opened up. If you were showin your desktop, after the excel file opened, you'd still see your deskto in the datagrid area. If you start up a new excel file, then do the File>Open>file name, th file will open correctly. This problem happens across users here. Everyone is currently runnin office 2K. Any ideas on what causes the problem and any...

Textbox's truncated once printed (Excel 2000)
When using text boxs in excel if the data entry is larger than the text box it does not print out everything in the text box. Is there a way to get it to print out all the information contained in the text box. For the only two solutions I can think of is 1) Make the text boxs bigger but my manager rejected the idea. 2)Cut an paste the information onto a excel spreedsheet then print it that way by using a macro but that is a last resort. Dear Robert, 1) 2) and 3) Reject your manager. If it doesn't fit, it doesn't. 4) Perhaps ... use a smaller font? 5) Refrase your text ... Fran...