problem with excell 97

Every time I type a letter "A" in the excell box and
cersor to another box, the "A" changes to a letter "C"

Example:  A turns to C

Lawrence, auto correct could be doing it, look at tools, autocorrect and see
if there is an A in the replace column and a C in the with column.
--
Paul B
Using Excel 97 & 2000

"Lawrence Jones" <ljones8721@msn.com> wrote in message
> Every time I type a letter "A" in the excell box and
> cersor to another box, the "A" changes to a letter "C"
>
> Example:  A turns to C

0
pbridgesnews (182)

Very annoying behaviour of Excel 2003
Each time I am opening Excel, it is installing some component. This takes several minutes, and becomes very annoying. I recently had to reinstall XP and Office from the distribution CDs. I have the problem since then. It certainly has something to do with the install. Does anyone on this forum ever experienced such a behaviour. I am running Office 2003 on XP SP3. have you tried doing a repair in the help menu? -- Gary Keramidas Excel 2003 "Jean" <Jean@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:020549D4-8070-46ED-8768-821EECD87C88@microsof...

My hide sheet option in excel is not working
My hide sheet option in Excel is not working. It is grayed out so I can not toggle nor use it to hide or unhide sheets. Security is at Medium - would appreciate any insight into how to fix this. Is the sheet protected? You cannot hide a protected sheet. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "arleen" <arleen @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D028B90F-6DDB-4DE6-9F5C-22C137FBE927@microsoft.com... > My hide sheet option in Excel is not working. It is grayed out > so I can not > toggle n...

Setting series values on Excel Chart

Excel template that lists each month's meetings w/ some detail
I'm looking for an Excel template that lists every month of the year with room to list weekly, monthly and quarterly meetings, including some detail for each meeting. Probably would need to be landscape oriented. The main intent is to give the person using it an idea of upcoming meetings, the intent of each and what prep is required. ...

How do I make a 'box and whisker plot' graph in Microsoft Excel?
I am in Year 12 and am doing a stats assignment. The project states that i MUST insert a box and whisker plot for some data, but i don't know how to do this. Does anybody know? Hi, Here are some sites on the topic of stats charting not just box and whisker. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/statscharts.html http://www.processtrends.com/toc_statistical_charts.htm http://tushar-mehta.com/publish_train/data_analysis/16.htm http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme/ExcelTips.htm Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "Year 12 student who needs help" &...

I've got a formula for stones and pounds
Hello, I've got a column that displays a series of weights in stones & pounds (both in the one cell). How do I get a chart to recognise and display in the same format? Regards, mikelenno What is the format of the cells with stone & pounds It is best to enter such values a 10 3/14 and format the cells with # ??/14 best wishes from one who is INT(275,14) stone & MOD(250,14) lbs -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "mikelenno" <mikelenno@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5AD608FA-5367-4CED-AD76-1F54228EFDBA...

Word problem
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Word will not let me insert a bibliography into my word document. When i go onto document elements - it is not allowing me to click as it is shadowed - ???? Since you don't specify otherwise, start with the basics: 1- Make sure Office is fully updated to 12.2.4 2- Make sure OS X is fully updated to 10.6.3 3- Repair Disk Permissions 4- Restart your Mac Confirming all of that it will make it possible to determine how to approach the problem. Until that's all done it's pointless to chase symptoms. Regar...

RPC over HTTP problem #3
Hi, All! My network configuration: DC1, DC2 and MX (MS Exchange 2003, sp1). All of them Windows Server 2003. What was done: In the registry on dc1 and dc2 was created a new key: "NSPI Interface protocol sequences" with value: ncacn_http:6004. MX was promoted to be a GC. Installed RPC over HTTP windows component. MX was changed to be RPC-HTTP back-end server. On the MX Default Web Site was installed cerificate from the local authority running on DC2. On the RPC virtual directory anonymous access and integrated windows authentication were disabled. In the registry of MX the key HK...

Problems saving a worksheet with Links
Does anyone know how I can resolve this issue ... I have a directory which contains 129 worksheets which have links to external data (in a Master Spreadsheet) -- I need to copy these files into a New Directory, but kee the Master Spreadsheet (which they are linked to) in the original location. If I do a simple Cut & Past, the Reference Link to the Master Spreadsheet gets moved to the New Directory (where the file does not exist), but if I open the worksheet (in the original directory/location) and Save As to the New Directory, the worksheet saved in the New Directory maintains its link t...

Excel problem #3

Send/Receive Problem
I am using Outlook 2002 on an XP platform. I cannot get Outlook to check for Email at regular intervals. I have the my Outlook set to Send and Receive all my accounts every 10 minutes but nothing happens. The only way I can receive Emails is by manually using the Send/Recv button or pressing F9. Can anyone offer any help. In case it is relevant I am using Norton Internet Security 2003. PWS Not sure it it Yor problem, but Outlook has some problems with Noroton Antivirus runing and chekking e-mails. As far as I know, Outlook may stop recieving e-mails from POP3 servers due to very le...

Excel formulation to automate values
Hi there, I have a little problem on arranging a small multi-worksheet excel here. Let me explain in a short way then give some details on it. I am trying to make an offers recordsheet which has two worksheets in it. One for products(and their base prices) and an offer sheet. I would like to use a bit dynamic data here. So when I type the name of the product excel would give me the price from other worksheet. in details; Prices worksheet is something like: A B 1 Product BasePrice 2 mouse 5 3 keyboard 8 4 ... And the ...

Removing hidden mailto:s from Excel?
I received a spreadsheet attachment yesterday and found a mailto:(my address) embedded in a cell under a text string. It was evident in a tooltip that appeared when cell was hovered-over. I told the sender who now says that many of her spreadsheets - used to handle group memberships - have such hidden addresses. What terms would she use to search for these pests, either in My Docs or on opening each sheet? ...

Using Excel in Mac office 2004 with Microsoft/Mac 2008:Analysis toolpack
Although I am disappointed with Office 2008 for Mac because of the absent of Analysis toolpack, I figured things out quite recently that I can still install my Mac office 2004 and use the excel package that contains the Analysis tool pack. How? ...... let me show you: 1. Insert your CD for Mac office 2004 2. When it open on your desk top, two options will be given to you to download the software (a) Office set-up assistant, and (b) Microsoft office 2004. 3. CHOOSE MICROSOFT OFFICE 2004 (Drag the icon onto your desk top) and it will start to run/download. 4. When done, this will appear as ...

force excel to run in only one process excel.exe
force excel to run in only one process excel.exe, excel seems to want to make multiple excel.exe loaded into memory which causes mysheet.copy to fail so i have to close out the xls, kill all running excel.exe, then run the xls again and the macro works. i only have to do this when i am actively debugging a lot. if i just run my macro w/o opening the vba debugger, i can run it as much as i want, but if i run with break points it crashes a lot because of multiple excel.exe loaded into memory. perhaps there is a way i can force excel to only load one excel.exe? Daniel, Are you using Automatio...

Excel not displaying German characters correctly.
This is a real puzzler. Has our entire office and IT department stumped. We have two machines (M1 / M2) which are equal spec/ operating system, applications, versions, etc... The only difference that we can see between the two machines is that one (M1) has Internet Explorer encoding set to "UTF-8" with "Automatic" selected. The other (M2) has "Western European ISO" with no automatic selected. Now, when the machines log into a web application and choose to download a German Excel file, M1 and M2 get the file correctly if they have their encoding settings...

MS Excel Paste Special>Paste All
Using MS Excel 2003 Paste Special> Paste All, doesnt quite paste the 'Column Widths'. Am I always required to do the two step dance, Paste Special> Column Widths and Paste Special>All. >>Am I always required to do the two step dance Yes<g>. -- Jim "Excel User" <Excel User@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5D34ED9D-5BD6-43AD-8773-1EB7229309B2@microsoft.com... | Using MS Excel 2003 | | Paste Special> Paste All, doesnt quite paste the 'Column Widths'. Am I | always required to do the two step dance, Paste Special> ...

small problem
hi every body; i wrote a program that it has error ;plz help me :( using System; namespace ConsoleApplication45 { class Program { static void Main(string[] args) { Console.ForegroundColor = ConsoleColor.Red; Console.WriteLine("***********"); for (int i = 0; i < 1008; i++) { Console.BackgroundColor = ConsoleColor.DarkCyan; Console.Write(" "); } move(); // ***********error is for here***********************************************...

auto forward problems
I setup a 'contact' for 5 existing users in Exchange 5.5 Administrator. I give the contacts the desired SMTP address where they want their mail forwarded to. I set the corresponding 'contact' as the 'alternate recipient' for each of the 5 as detailed in Q255697. 2 of 5 work, the other 3 do not. When sending to each of the 5, 3 return undeliverable stating "A configuration error in the e-mail system caused the message to bounce between two servers or to be forwarded between two recipients." Any ideas? -adam Adam SK wrote: > I setup a 'con...

Sync net folder problem
I am sharing my calendar to my workmate with net folder. My PC is Win XP and Office 2000 and my workmate's is Win 98 and also Office 2000. I always find that My calender can't be updated from my workmate when I return office after I've taken my notebook for a few days. Can't net folder sync. data offline? Thx. your attention. Ken So Net Folders uses e-mail messages to send updates between computers so naturally you would have to be connected to your e-mail to get any updates. When you leave the office and are not connected you won't get any updates but as soon as ...

Exchange 2003 with SP2 problems...