Problem with draging a formula,one cell value fixed,trivial question

Hi.

I have a value in cell A10. Then i have a formula in cell C1 which
goes: (A1+B1)/A10. If I drag the formula down to cell C5 the formula
for C2 will be (A2+B2)/A11,
for C3 will be (A3+B3)/A12,....,for C5 will be (A5+B)/A14.
I would like the formula to have the A10 parameter fixed so when i drag
the formula down the A10 would always be A10(it wouldn't go up by 1).
So the formula for C2 will be (A2+B2)/A10,
for C3 will be (A3+B3)/A10,....,for C5 will be (A5+B5)/A10. Please
help.
Thanks,

Marko

0
marko19 (32)

make your original in C1 formula
=(A1+B1)/A$10
then drag down.
See help on absolute versus relative references.

Regards
Rowan

marko wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I have a value in cell A10. Then i have a formula in cell C1 which
> goes: (A1+B1)/A10. If I drag the formula down to cell C5 the formula
> for C2 will be (A2+B2)/A11,
> for C3 will be (A3+B3)/A12,....,for C5 will be (A5+B)/A14.
> I would like the formula to have the A10 parameter fixed so when i drag
> the formula down the A10 would always be A10(it wouldn't go up by 1).
> So the formula for C2 will be (A2+B2)/A10,
> for C3 will be (A3+B3)/A10,....,for C5 will be (A5+B5)/A10. Please
> help.
> Thanks,
>
> Marko

Thanks a million!
It's those little things that make me happy!! :)
Thanks again!

Marko from Croatia

0
marko19 (32)
11/13/2005 11:19:09 PM
You're welcome!!

marko wrote:
> Thanks a million!
> It's those little things that make me happy!! :)
> Thanks again!
>
> Marko from Croatia

blank cell instead of x
I need a formula to have a blank cell instead of a "x" eg: result should be: aa ab ac ad ae af ag ah ai aj ak al am an ao 2 6 3 6 2 5 17 20 15 205 18 6 3 6 2x 5 3 1 5 7 19 12 133 1 5 7x the formula i used is: =IF(AF2>=42,AA2&""&"x",IF(AF2="","",AA2)) on row 3 there are blank cells (null string contains formulas ) when I apply the formu...

formula within IF function
How do I use a formula within the IF function? What I want to do is check if a number is less than or equal to an amount, calculate one thing, if it is not, calculate another. I tried this: IF(B21<=150,"=B21*E32","150*E32) But I only get text returned. Please help!! Thanks -- Shirley Try... =IF(B21<=150,B21*E32,150*E32) Hope this helps! In article <FB9680A4-1BB7-46AD-BF6D-0088535AE979@microsoft.com>, "Shirley" <Shirley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How do I use a formula within the IF function? What I want to do is check if >...

Count If Formula #4

New to excel

Need some advanced help on this one!
Hi guys, I found a sample Access program that takes data from its database to generate an EDI EDIFACT ORDERS file (OrdersS93a.edi). Here is the code: Private Sub Command0_Click() Dim oEdiDoc As Fredi.ediDocument Dim oSchema As Fredi.ediSchema Dim oInterchange As Fredi.ediInterchange Dim oGroup As Fredi.ediGroup Dim oTransactionset As Fredi.ediTransactionSet Dim oSegment As Fredi.ediDataSegment Dim oConn As ADODB.Connection Dim oRsInterchange As ADODB.Recordset Dim oRsGroup As ADODB.Recordset Dim oRsTransactionSet As ADODB.Reco...

Display total value on subform
I have a job-costing page for our orders, which is a subform on a tab control linked to all other parts of the database by Ref. The aim is to show all costs, with total, then all revenue, with total, then the profit. The incoming costs are entered here and then stored in a table, no problem. Sales invoices are generated via other forms and I have a query that displays just the basic details for each invoice filtered by Ref so that we see only the invoices raised for that particular current order. These are displayed on a nested subform based on the query. When there are several sales invo...

Vlookup return most recent date (value)
Hello, I have a set of data where Column A contains an personal ID# (001). Column B contains a timestamp. My table has multiple entries for each ID# and different timestamps for each entry. I want to use a vlookup to find the MOST RECENT timestamp for EACH ID. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Ryan With your data in ColA/B and the query ID in cell C1 try the below =SUMPRODUCT(MAX(($A$2:$A$100=C1)*$B$2:$B$100)) -- Jacob (MVP - Excel) "ryanholliday" wrote: > Hello, > > I have a set of data where Column A contains an personal I...

Excel button problem

Question -Problem

AD Sync problem

Problem with Range

WCF Client serialization problem

Having problem with spoofing email

outlook 97 and express email problems

Setting a dynamic range in a formula

default values in a cell

Formula for Game Spreadsheet
I am currenly playing a game of Ars Magica. I am using a spreadsheet to compute the info for my character. I am having a probllem with the casting total for spells related to a paticular character. The Formula is as follows : =IF(H13="","--",IF(J13="",INDIRECT(H13),MIN(INDIRECT(H13),INDIRECT(LEFT(J13,2)),INDIRECT(RIGHT(J13,2))))+IF(K13="",INDIRECT(I13),MIN(INDIRECT(I13),INDIRECT(LEFT(K13,2)),INDIRECT(RIGHT(K13,2))))+Sta+IF(N13="",0,$H$2)) I am trying to compute the casting total for the spells castable by this character. The total for the ...

message delivery problems

Document Template question
It's legal for a document to have multiple views into it's data, but when CMultiDocTemplate is created, it is only passed one runtime view class. How are multiple views handled in the document template context? Should all views of your document be derived from the class passed to CMultiDocTemplate? This is confusing me because MDI AppWizard did the work of setting up a document view class for me, but now I'm just using a child window with an imbedded static splitter window to show two different views of my document, and these views have nothing to do with CMyProjectView that...