Problem: the "color fill" in Excel is NOT showing up on the screen

SWhen I click the "color fill" button to highlight a cell in Exel the color
is not showing up on the screen, however it shows up as colored in the Print
Preview, or if I print.  something has been turned off by someone else and I
do not know how to reset it so that I can see the cells that I highlight. I
have Windows XP.
0
UC2Pyrs (1)

If the high contrast setting is turned on you won't see the fill colour.
There's information in the following MSKB article:

OFF: Changes to Fill Colour and Fill Pattern Are Not Displayed
          http://support.microsoft.com/?id=320531

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)

Problem: the "color fill" in Excel is NOT showing up on the screen
SWhen I click the "color fill" button to highlight a cell in Exel the color is not showing up on the screen, however it shows up as colored in the Print Preview, or if I print. something has been turned off by someone else and I do not know how to reset it so that I can see the cells that I highlight. I have Windows XP. If the high contrast setting is turned on you won't see the fill colour. There's information in the following MSKB article: OFF: Changes to Fill Colour and Fill Pattern Are Not Displayed http://support.microsoft.com/?id=320531 UC2Pyrs wrote:...

Color Fill/Grid Lines
Is there any way to color fill your spreadsheet and still keep the grid lines showing? Suzi No. Next best thing is to use cell borders from Format>Cells>Borders. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 19:41:05 -0800, Suzi Q <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is there any way to color fill your spreadsheet and still keep the grid lines showing? ...

Close open space for color fill tool
What is a way to close an open space to use the fill tool? Mark. A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from Mark Brown <mbrown@pnint.com>!"... > What is a way to close an open space to use the fill tool? What version of Publisher are you using? How have you created this "open space"? Is it a line/curve? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/ Before reading this message, view the disclaimer: http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm Publisher 2003 XP Pro SP1a I am using the curve tool on a 4 X 6 Postcard....

Color fill after converting to pdf
When I fill a text box or auto shape with a solid color, after converting to pdf (primo) it suddenly shows as a type of plaid pattern. I have double, triple and quadruple checked and I have not selected any type of patterns, and all my settings are normal. Working on a recent file that I shared with a friend, her filled boxes are NOT showing this same pattern after converting, only mine. What could be causing this on my program only and what can I do to fix it? Are you certain you are not applying transparency? Is your friend using the same PDF converter? What version Publisher? Mic...

Automatically color fill if a value is present
Simple thing, I'm sure, but I am stumped. If there is a value in cell H2, I want cell A2 to be light green; otherwise there should be no change to the background color. How can this be formulated? Thanks! Larry Larry, Look at Format - Conditional Formatting. -- Regards from Virginia Beach, Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com Note: Top-posting has been the norm here. Some folks prefer bottom-posting. But if you bottom-post to a reply that's already top-posted, the thread gets messy. When in Rome... ---------------------------------------------------------...

INSERT COLOR FILLS
CAN'T VIEW COLORS ON WORKSHEET, BUT COLORS SHOW UP ON PRINT PREVIEW WHAT CAN I DO?????????? 1) Turn off caps lock, then 2) Turn off High Contrast colors under Control Panel, Accessibility options, Display (tab) --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/search.htm "DOUG" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:17bd01c499df$e0cdb1b0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > CAN'T VIEW COLORS ON WORKSHE...

Is a transparent color fill possible?
When I fill a rows or columns with color, the gridlines running through them disappear. Is there a way to make the fill "transparent" in order to see the gridlines? (I'm using Excel 2003). Thanks I'd drop the Gridlines and use Borders (format|Cells|border tab) or use the icons on the Formatting toolbar. You'll have much better control over how your workbook should look. Alan wrote: > > When I fill a rows or columns with color, the gridlines running through them > disappear. Is there a way to make the fill "transparent" in order to see >...

Excel formula to add color filled entries
I have been trying to figure out a formula so it will add only the specified color filled entries. EX. I have a spreadsheet of 2000 lines. I want it to add the 75 lines that I have highlighted yellow. Anyone have an aswer for me? Take a look at http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.ColourCounter.html Processing Coloured Cells -- HTH RP "Fustrated in Edmonton" <Fustrated in Edmonton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8970AF2F-B942-42CD-AF5C-3713BCEC92BC@microsoft.com... > I have been trying to figure out a formula so it will add only the specified >...

COLOR FILL #2
CAN YOU COLOR FILL EVERY OTHER ROW WITHOUT DOING THEM INDIVIDUALLY? Hi Paula Have a look here: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/banding.htm Andy. "PAULA" <PAULA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DDD85487-B71C-4690-9DFF-A4AD54AAECF6@microsoft.com... > CAN YOU COLOR FILL EVERY OTHER ROW WITHOUT DOING THEM INDIVIDUALLY? See http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.CF.html#rows -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "PAULA" <PAULA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DDD85487-B71C-4690-9DFF-A4AD54AAEC...

complex color fill conditions- if statements or complex formula?
I have a row of dates that I wish to have flled once a condition has been met. ( i have excel 2003) Example A1:A25 have various dates 01/02/09 thru 06/05/09.(dates will change according to deadlines) A124 has a date of 10/25/09. When the A1:A25 fields dates change to say 10/25/09, I want the entire column, A1:A124 to change a particular color. >When the A1:A25 fields dates change to say 10/25/09 When *all* of the dates are 10/25/09 or when *any* date is 10/25/09? -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "lilly8008" <lilly8008@discussions.microsoft.com> w...

Color fill
When I am creating a spreadsheet, and want to fill squares with colors for highlighting, the color only shows up in Print Preview. What setting do I change so that I can see the color on the screen? If the high contrast setting is turned on you won't see the fill colour. There's information in the following MSKB article: OFF: Changes to Fill Colour and Fill Pattern Are Not Displayed http://support.microsoft.com/?id=320531 cab wrote: > When I am creating a spreadsheet, and want to fill squares with colors for > highlighting, the color only shows up in Print Pre...

How do you color fill part of a autoshape rectangle
I see within the design formats they have autoshape rectangles with part of it filled with color. There appears to be a dotted line, but no connectors. The color seams to fill to this line. How do you accomplish this? The dotted line means there is no line. If you turn off boundaries and guides in the view menu, the dotted lines disappear. The rectangles are layered. Select the rectangles and ungroup, click yes. You will see how it all is put together. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "learning curve" <lea...

auto color fill cells
how do I have cells auto background fill to a certain color when I enter texted into them?...... I don't want to have to do it one by one, nor do I want the whole colum to be that color, just the cells when I enter text into them, is that possible? Format=>Conditional format Cell Value is Not Equal To "" -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy "Chopper" <Chopper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E0C2B250-E2D2-4C05-828F-6A7349D29968@microsoft.com... > how do I have cells auto background fill to a certain color when I enter > texted into them?.....

Macro to color fill rows?
I know Excel doesn't read fill color but can you make a macro that finds all cells with the word "total" in it and fill color that entire row? Thanks in advance for any help! Jennifer Try: Sub ordinate() Dim r As Range For Each r In ActiveSheet.UsedRange If r.Value = "total" Then r.EntireRow.Interior.ColorIndex = 6 End If Next End Sub I picked 6 - yellow -- Gary''s Student "Jennifer" wrote: > I know Excel doesn't read fill color but can you make a macro that finds all > cells with the word "total" in it and...

Retain grid after color fill?
When I fill a block with color, the horizontal and vertical grid lines within this block disappear from the screen. Is there a way to preserve these grid lines after a color fill (some technique like bringing them to the foreground)? Excel 2003, SP3 Thanks, Don Culp No, the fill covers the grid; however, you can place a (thin-lined border around the filled cells to delineate them). Rick "Don Culp" <dculp@krell-engineering.com> wrote in message news:uXat$3D%23IHA.1184@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > When I fill a block with color, the horizontal and vertical grid lines...

Excel 2007
In the older version of excel, you could have multiple color fill tabs and you were able to tear off the color fill to pin it open on the sheet. I can't to that on excel 2007. Any ideas We could gang up on the developers... Ribbon haters unite! "Carrie" <Carrie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5F4F0F48-B572-4A53-AA66-3C1B54523F80@microsoft.com... > In the older version of excel, you could have multiple color fill tabs and > you were able to tear off the color fill to pin it open on the sheet. > I can't to that on excel 2007....

Two color fill between two lines
Greetings everyone. To be brief, I have a two line series which compares monthly prices to a constant benchmark (January 2008) in US dollars and Euros. I have been asked to shade the areas between the lines where the change in US dollars is greater than the change in Euros (in blue) and the other way around (in red). I have been playing around with area charts using a time series X-axis rather than monthly values, but the graphs aren't quite right. I found some posts online from Jon Peltier and from Andy Pope, but they haven't offered an answer to this specific question. In ...

Color fill based on multiple conditions
My spreadsheet contains subtotals. A B C D E F Production Line 1 10 1 5 2 10 Production Line 1 10 1 5 2 10 Production Line 1 Total 20 2 10 4 20 Some months the spreadsheet contains 100 lines and some months it contains 200. Does someone have some code that would loop through all the data in the sheet and for each subtotaled line (when A contains Total), go to the same row for B:F and if value is less than 5, fill with orange between 6 and 15, fill with blue greater ...

conditional color fill of bar graphs
I would like to set the color of individual bars on a bar graph based on the value of the cell on the corresponding excel 2007 spreadsheet. I want to use traffic light colors - red, yellow and green depending on the numeric value in the cell it is tied to. Jon has very useful instructions at http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ConditionalChart1.html best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "jwats" <jwats@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0F73ED7D-9B1D-473E-B090-ADB22AB54EAC@microsoft.com......

Text Box dynamic Color Fill
Hi, I have a textbox in excel that is linked to a cell. Depending if the cell value is positive or negative, I would like to change the textbox background color (fill). Any advice? Tks a lot! - Castor Hi Castor! You can use a macro, like the sample below to change the background color in the textbox. You have to update the name of the textbox in the macro, if it's not "Text Box 1", and the cell where you want to check for a positive/negative values. Sub ChangeTextboxFillColor() TheActiveCell = ActiveCell.Address If ActiveSheet.Range("A1") >= 0 Then Acti...

color fill in excell
Using Office XP any cell with text or number will not print the color fill, only blank cells will print the color fill. It shows up ok in the print preview but does not print correctly. Can anyone help ...

Counting of cells with a specific color filled
Hello experts, I have an excel workhseet where different cells are filled with different colors. I need to count no of cells in a specific column with a specific colour filled. For example i need to count how many cells are filled with green color and how many with red etc. What formula i should use? Thanks in advance, Atiq use the COUNTIF() function, the criteria is whatever was used in conditional formatting to change the color fill of the cell. If conditional formatting was not used to color the cell, you can't do it. (unless you use Visual Basic programming) ...

send color filled shape behind text
I am working on a time line for a class and have Word 2007. In the first column of cells I have dates. I inserted an arrow from Shapes and filled it in with color. My dates are now behind the colored arrow. I want the dates to appear on top of the colored arrow. I have tried selecting the arrow and then under Format clicking on Send to Back, but it doesn't work. I tried this in Word by typing a few numbers and then inserted a shape on top of the numbers. I selected the shape and went to Format and it has the option Send Behind Text and the text appeared on top of arrow. Can...

Excel 2003 color fill problems
Just purchased Microsoft Office Professional 2003. My Excel 2003 does not allow color fill to work. Color fill on worksheets work fine on two computers at work, likely older versions of Excel, but the same files copied on floppy at work do NOT work in my DELL notebook. Cannot figure it out. Would appreciate help. Thanx Don A Debra Dalgleish posting........ The high contrast setting may be turned on. There's information in the following MSKB article: OFF: Changes to Fill Colour and Fill Pattern Are Not Displayed http://support.microsoft.com/?id=320531 Gord Dibben Excel MVP O...

I am trying to color fill a cell based on specific criteria
If a cell value is 1-5, fill the cell with red color; if cell value = 5-9, fill the cell with yellow; etc. Go to the format menu, and click on conditional formating. Enter your criteria and select your formatting... It is fairly straight forward, post if you still have problems. Dan "jglen" wrote: > If a cell value is 1-5, fill the cell with red color; if cell value = 5-9, > fill the cell with yellow; etc. ...