Problem setting BackStyle on Label

I have a problem with Properties on Label in particular, when added by
a script.

The sequence below works on CommandButton1 and Frame1 objects but
behaves
strangely with Label1

Public Sub addLabel()
Sheet2.OLEObjects.Add "Forms.Label.1", _
    Left:=100, Top:=75, Height:=15, Width:=200
End Sub

Public Sub nameLabel()
Sheet2.Label1.Name = "title1"

End Sub

Public Sub setLabel()

Sheet2.title1.BackStyle = 0
Sheet2.title1.Caption = "My Text"
Sheet2.title1.Font.Bold = 1
Sheet2.title1.Font.Italic = 1
Sheet2.title1.Font.Size = 12
End Sub

The one property that doesn't have any effect on the appearance is
BackStyle

However, the value *is* set when I look at the object properties.
Changing it manually
in the properties dialog also has no visual effect - the label keeps
it's white background.

Now, if I add a Label manually, I can set BackStyle to 0 and it
immediately becomes
transparent.

What am I missing? By the way, I have the same behavior on excel 2000
and 2003
and on several different machines.

TIA - Lynn.

0
lynn5514 (10)

RPC over HTTP outlook setup problem
Hi All. I have just setup RPC over HTTP and when adding an account to outlook I add my FQDN for my exchange server and then my username and then hit check name. Its resolves my server name to a local hostname ie. hostname.domain.local. Since Im trying to access this over a WAN it obvoiusly wont work. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks in Advance. Blaine You will need the common name for your site. For example the internet DNS name could be, mail.yourdomain.com. Did you create your own CA or are using a Third Party? You can check and verify what it is. I am including link to he...

A Problem with Office 2003
There is a conflict between Word and Outlook that really "bugs" me. If Outlook is running Word will not run correctly. I hate having to shut down Outlook in order to use Word. For what it is worth, I can make the window smaller [minimize] but when Word is as big as it can get, there is space between the top edge of the window and the top of the display and the bottom of the window is out of sight at the bottom of the display. If you click & hold on the blue band on the top of the window, you cannot drag it up, down, or sideways; it is as if it is frozen. The only way to be...

OWA problem #19
Hi, I can't seem to get OWA to work from beyond the building. I have got my router pointing to the server's IP, but still I can't see OWA. Sorry this isn't much info - any suggestions ehich direction to look in? Thanks NEIL What version of Exchange are you using? What firewall are you going through? Are you connecting with IE? -- Matthew Tisdel South Carolina "Neil Jarman" wrote: > Hi, > > I can't seem to get OWA to work from beyond the building. > > I have got my router pointing to the server's IP, but still I can't see OWA. ...

Data Label Reverts Back to Default Font Size / Color
I am having an issue where the data labels keep reverting back to the default font size & color. I'll change them to a smaller size/ different color and when I save and reopen, it will go back to the default size, font and color. I've tried it on my Imac - working in Powerpoint 2008 running Version 10.6.3 - Snow Leopard as well as on the my Dell laptop running Windows 7. Also, curiously enough, I've emailed the document to a coworker and he opened and changed in on his PC running XP and the fonts did not revert to default after saving and re-opening on his end. I am w...

Problem with mail merge on a 4 sided publisher document
I have a publisher document (postcard) which prints 4 up to a page. One side has all of the text and the other is for addressing/labels. I am trying to mail merge the recipients for the labels. Everything seems fine until I print preview...and all 4 images have the same person. Is there any way to edit the card so each page prints 4 different names instead of the same name 4 times? Any feedback would be helpful. Thanks Cherry T <Cherry T@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I have a publisher document (postcard) which prints 4 up to a page. > O...

eConnect
Hello, This is my first eConenct implementation. I've had partial success using eConnect so far in terms of transferring data successfully into Great Plains. For example, I've been able to create a new customer in Great Plains via eConnect. However, I'm having difficulty with something that would seem quite common to me. I'm testing my ability to create an SOP transaction (a customer invoice), but I've not had any success. Starting from the "CSHARP SalesOrder Console Application" sample, I modified it to be compatible with our data. However I keep ge...

Problems with SendMail
I am having trouble and I hope someone can help. I am trying to email single worksheets out of a workbook to individual stores and automate the whole thing. If I manually select the worksheet and use File - Send To - Mail Recipient, the worksheet is sent perfectly. I cannot find a way to automate this function so I attempted to use SendMail instead. Whenever I attempt to send something using SendMail, a box appears off the left side of my screen with a message saying "A program is trying to automatically send e-mail on your behalf. Do you want to allow this?" This message, according...

Percentage problem
Hello, A record can belong to one of three groups and each record has a value attached to it. How can I calculate the total for each group as a percentage of the overall total? like 1 £33 33% 2 £33 33% 3 £33 33% ...

Upgrade to 2002 Problem
I recently used the Microsoft Site to upgrade my software from 2000 to 2002. Everything seemed to have gone well, except I now experience an anoying problem with Excel. Example: In a blank worksheet, I enter 500 in cell A1. In Cell B1, I enter "=A1/5" without the quotes, and the value displayed is 100. Now if I go to cell B1 and delete the leading "=" so that the cell value should be "A1/5", Excel generates a custom format "B2d-mmm" and the value shown on the formula bar is "3/8/2003", and the value shown in the cell is some apparent...

_thiscall problem
Hi There! i am facing _thiscall conversation problem, while this below given code... could somebody suggest me some work around to solve this problem [code begin] #include <iostream.h> typedef int wxCoord ; template <class T> class CTextDropTarget { private: bool (T::*m_pt2CallbackFunc)(wxCoord x, wxCoord y); public: CTextDropTarget(bool (T::*pt2Func)(wxCoord x, wxCoord y)); virtual ~CTextDropTarget(void); virtual bool OnDropText(wxCoord x, wxCoord y); }; template <class T> CTextDropTarget<T>::CTextDropTarget(bool ( T::*pt2Func)(wxCoord x, ...

Microsoft CRM Service Problem -- really urgent
hi all, this is really urgent I had insalled Microsoft CRM on a windows 2003 server. the SQL server is on a remote machine and is up & running. Now CRM was running fine...UNTIL i rebooted the CRM server due to maintenaince (not related to CRM at all)... when i tried to logon to the CRM web interface it threw an error that the CRM security service was not available. i opened the services.msc MMC and was ASTONISHED to find that 'Microsoft CRM Security Service' is not listed in the services list. Please HELP....its really urgent Regards, Sanket Don't know if this will help a...

Mozilla Firefox problem Please Hejp
created page in Publisher 2003 www.globalmarket2006.com page works fine in IE, but the link at the bottom of the first page "click here" does not work in Firefox, works fine in IE thanks Try this link: http://chrispederick.com/work/webdeveloper/ You can download a plug-in that works with Firefox that will check your web pages for errors. It is a strict W3C compliance checker. Mike Your page turned up these errors: Result: Failed validation, 63 errors File: webdeveloper_www.globalmarket2006.com_1143422677968.html Modified: (undefined) Server: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Wind...

Problem with CSliderCtrl
Hi, I have a problem with the CSliderCtrl. If i click the mouse on a certain position in the slider bar control, the slider bar doesn't move to the specific position. Rather it moves to the next tic position. How to set the slider bar control position at the exact point where i clicked? It would be better if i get some solution. Thanks, Revathi.S Overrides slider control's event handler and do set pos... 1. Override OnLButtonClick 2. call SetPos function -- WebSite : Realization of Dream { imagine your dream} - http://rodream.net WebMail : rodream@naver.co...

Trend wfbs 6.0 exchange settings issue
Hi After installing Trend wfbs 6.0 service pack 1, in console when I try Security Settings->[Exchange Server Name]->Configure I get the below error. What is the problem and how can I fix it? Thanks Regards You are not authorized to view this page You do not have permission to view this directory or page due to the access control list (ACL) that is configured for this resource on the Web server. Please try the following: Contact the Web site administrator if you believe you should be able to view this directory or page. Click the Refresh button to try again wit...

On save
When we enter First name as Bob C. and Last name as Johnson, CRM will sometimes save as First Name: Bob Last Name: C. Johnson whichmakes all of the names search wrong. Any idea why and how to fix this??? Kristine, check within the organization settings - system settings - General tab you will be able to select how NEW contacts are stored. HTH Frederic - Travi@ta www.microsoft-dynamics-crm.eu Kristine schreef: > When we enter First name as Bob C. and Last name as Johnson, CRM will > sometimes save as First Name: Bob Last Name: C. Johnson whichmakes all of the > names search ...

Problem with Second value Y Axis
HI, I create chart using VBA. I use chart type is XlLine. but it want show the second value of Y axis. My requirement is show data and Axis Title. My code is Set objChart = objWorkSheet.ChartObjects.Add(50, 20, 500, 300).Chart With objChart.SeriesCollection.NewSeries .Name = "Reduction Goal" .Values = objWorkSheet.Range("F2:F10") .XValues = objWorkSheet.Range("B2:B10") End With With objChart.SeriesCollection.NewSeries .Name = " " .Values = objWorkSheet.Range("E2:E10") ...

OE6 XP Password Problem...
Every first time I send an email my ISP (server) is asking for its password (which I enter and then all is fine). The problem is I don't want to (shouldn't have to) enter it every time. There is an option to remember the password on the window they pop up but it is protected. On TOOLS/ACCOUNTS/MAIL/SERVER/PROPERTIES I have made sure the "remeber my password" option is checked. On TOOLS/ACCOUNTS/MAIL/GENERAL I have made sure my email address is typed correctly. Any ideas how to get it to stop asking for my password? Thank you very much, Jeff. JFF KRWD <jkerwood1@...

Set "Outlook Anywhere" via GPO
Hi there, Is it possible to set the value of the "Outlook Anywhere" field using GPO? I have both Outlook 2003 and Outlook 2007 clients. Thanks, ...

How to print CD/DVD labels on standard two-per-sheet paper?
Every time I download templates to print CD/DVD labels, I see only one label on a small sheet of paper. When I go to the office supply store, I only have the option of buying paper with the standard two-label design. How do I create and edit CD labels where I can work with both onscreen and then print both at once (different top from bottom) in such a way that everything is aligned with the cutout sticker labels on the page? Anytime you need to edit both halves of your label you need to setup the page manually. Most CD/DVD templates will print two to a page. Select the label you want...

USP with multiple results sets
Hi guys. I have a Stored Procedure that returns two results sets. how do I get the 2nd results set into a temp table. If it only produces one results set I should be able to do the following. Create ##temptable (table definintion...) insert into ##temptalble exec @err = usp_my_stored_proc @parm_1,@param2 ... but I can't find anywhere on the net how to tell it which results set to process into the temp table If anyone knows.. Obiron Oh yeah, forgot to say - OPENROWSET is not an option. It is not configured on our server and I am struggling to get the DBAs to tu...

Filter problem
Hi, I have a worksheet with columns containing name, address, age, phone etc. The last column says whether they have paid their subscription (if yes '1' if no '0') I need to transfer all the rows with '1' in the 'Paid' column to another worksheet. How do I do this, please? Thanks, Ray On Jun 21, 4:36=A0pm, "Ray" <rayharriso...@btinternet.com> wrote: > Hi, > I have a worksheet with columns containing name, address, age, phone etc. > The last column says whether they have paid their subscription (if yes '1= ' > if no '0...

SMTP Problems (all of a sudden)
I've had the same email settings for over a year. Yesterday, all of a sudden, Outlook can't find my incoming or outgoing servers. I changed my settings for incoming to use SSL and suddenly I can get mail OK. But it still can't find my outgoing server. Any ideas on why this is happening and better yet, how to fix it? Thanks! As a quick follow up...I'm using Office XP on and XP machine...I am able to get email from other computers, so the mail servers are fine. There's something going on with my local application, either due to corruption or a settings error. ...

Problem not counting duplicates
Excel 2003 Ok, I receive info regarding patients in a hospital setting, the pt being identified by Medical Record Number. I need to know the number of pts on a vent in a month, then the compliance to several different tasks on those patients. (# of yes answers divided by the total number of pts) The problem is that a lot of the info is duplicated. I have a formula to disregard the duplicate med rec numbers: =sumproduct((range<>"")/countif(range,range&"")) this works fine to count the number of patients for the month without counting duplicates. ...

attachment problem #7
I attached a Word doc and a text file to an Outlook 2002 email. They were in the Attachment line as the correct items - I am sure of that. When I sent the email, the text attachment was replaced by the Word doc - so it sent two of the same attachment. It appeared that way to the recipient and in my sent box. I am 100% sure it left my Inbox correctly because it happened earlier today so I was watching for it. Anybody have any ideas? Thanks. ...

Creating and looping through a record set.
I haven't done any coding for two years and didn't do much of it then but here is my problem. I have looked though my old access books but am not having any luck what so ever. I have a table called "tblInvoice" with three fields "strInvNum", "strGLAcct", and "dblAmount". The fields strGlAcct and dblAmount may contain arrays. An example of the data looks like this. strInvNum strGLAcct dblAmount 556 536~436 50.00~100.15 557 466 30.00 558 536~556~563 1.50~5...