Problem Scaling to 1 Page Wide

I format most spreadsheets I create to 1 page wide, <blank> pages tall.

Occasionally, when Il receive a spreadsheet from someone else and try to
reformat it to be "1 page wide,  <blank> pages tall", it isn't formatted wide
enough. There is between one-half inch to one inch space between the
spreadsheet contents and the left and right margins.

If I adjust the scaling manually to a particular %, it's fine.

Suspecting a print driver problem, I've tried changing printers, but no luck.

Any idea what setting might be preventing me from using the full 1 page wide?

Thanks

--
Pete
0

"Pete" <Pete@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I format most spreadsheets I create to 1 page wide, <blank> pages tall.
>
> Occasionally, when Il receive a spreadsheet from someone else and try to
> reformat it to be "1 page wide,  <blank> pages tall", it isn't formatted
> wide
> enough. There is between one-half inch to one inch space between the
> spreadsheet contents and the left and right margins.
>
> If I adjust the scaling manually to a particular %, it's fine.
>
> Suspecting a print driver problem, I've tried changing printers, but no
> luck.
>
> Any idea what setting might be preventing me from using the full 1 page
> wide?
>
> Thanks
>
> --
> Pete

It could be that there is something, even just a space character, in a cell
to the right of the data you can see. Use CTRL+END to take you to the last
used column/row to see if this is the case. If so, delete any column(s)
between the rightmost one you want and the last used one.

0
Stephen
12/20/2005 2:27:41 PM
Well there was something out there, but I've deleted rows and columns so that
now ctrl-end goes to the bottom-right corner of my content.

I saved the spreadsheet, re-opened, hit ctrl-end to ensure it still goes to
the bottom-right of my content (it does), but I still have the problem.

--
Pete

"Stephen" wrote:

> "Pete" <Pete@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I format most spreadsheets I create to 1 page wide, <blank> pages tall.
> >
> > Occasionally, when Il receive a spreadsheet from someone else and try to
> > reformat it to be "1 page wide,  <blank> pages tall", it isn't formatted
> > wide
> > enough. There is between one-half inch to one inch space between the
> > spreadsheet contents and the left and right margins.
> >
> > If I adjust the scaling manually to a particular %, it's fine.
> >
> > Suspecting a print driver problem, I've tried changing printers, but no
> > luck.
> >
> > Any idea what setting might be preventing me from using the full 1 page
> > wide?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > --
> > Pete
>
> It could be that there is something, even just a space character, in a cell
> to the right of the data you can see. Use CTRL+END to take you to the last
> used column/row to see if this is the case. If so, delete any column(s)
> between the rightmost one you want and the last used one.

0
Pete9345 (176)
12/20/2005 2:43:04 PM
Why not to go to File > Page Setup > Margins and click the bottom section
"Center On Page" and select Horizontally?

0
dnoel (171)
12/20/2005 4:04:28 PM
DNA - thanks, but it is already centered horizontally, with equal extra space
on both the right and left.

--
Pete

"DNA" wrote:

> Why not to go to File > Page Setup > Margins and click the bottom section
> "Center On Page" and select Horizontally?

0
Pete9345 (176)

Problems with reading date/time format from SQL server
Helo! I made a pivot table. I get data from external source - SQL server. On of the columns is date/time type. For some reason unknown to me, Exce doesn't read this dates correctly. Instead of dots between months an days it puts little squares .. ?!? I opened the same file on m coworkers comp. and it works just fine. If anyone has already encountered this and knows how to fix it .. plase reply. thnx j -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com There may be some difficulties getting external data properly into Excel. If not done correctly you cannot use the data in formulae e....

Outlook Web Access attachment problem
We have a program that will generate a .snp file and then email it to whatever recipient it needs to go to. If they receive the email in Outlook it will allow them to open the file properly with the Snapshot viewer. However, if they go to the same email in OWA and try to save the attachment, it attempts to save it as an .mdb file. Why would OWA ignore the original extension and try to give it a different one? "Joe Giddings" <j_nospam_giddings@thehammocksource.com> wrote in news:jI9gd.11726$ta5.6952@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net: > We have a program that will genera...

mail sending problem
Hi , I am very new in the exchange server just now I have deployed Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 at my organization now i have some problem in that . I am able to send mail outside the domain except yahoo .whenever I am sending mail from my exchange mail id to any yahoo mail id it is showing me mail has been sent but on yahoo id it is not delivering even I am not getting the DFR, second I wants to know that can we take the backup of single mail box (boxs) and please tell me step by step how can we take backup (at least the location ) Thanks in Advance Madi The most probable reason is t...

Windows Welcome Screen Login Looping Problem
Up until now no startup problems whatsoever with my system. Today, I press the start button and it boots fine to the Windows' Welcome Screen. When I click on my account icon (no password ever entered) it tries to login (I see my desktop for about 4-5 seconds) but it comes back to the same Windows' Welcome Screen after about 5-10 seconds. My significant other also has an account icon and when she tries to login from the welcome screen she can't get pass the screen either and gets the same 5-10 seconds looping problem that happens to me. System specs: Dell Deminsio...

keeping page, insert etc dropdowns open & having page below it
how can i keep the drop downs open & have the page below it. It was that way & I must have hit the wrong button or something.microsoft word 2007 "billy" <billy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:91198FA1-A43C-4A00-9141-FB019528AC5B@microsoft.com... > how can i keep the drop downs open & have the page below it. It was that > way > & I must have hit the wrong button or something.microsoft word 2007 Ask in a discussion group for Word. Here's how to find it. http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/ In the...

Incoming mail server problem
I use supanet for the internet and recently had to clear off a load of viruses and worms from my computer. Computer is clean now. I've run up to date spybot. adaware and cleaned all viruses with Mcaffee internet security as well as running stinger. Sasser, and W32 pate.b were included. Have also completed all windows updates. Everything is working fine now except my email. When I restart the computer my incoming mail server keeps changing from pop.supanet.com to a strange number. 9eg 17.02.01.10 or something similar) It also changes the user name from 3612 to 3612@supanet.com (It adds su...

Calling the Page Setup PopUp from VBA..
Hello.. I am using Access 2003 and I have a button on my form that I will have the user click to bring up the Page Setup popup screen just like you would do if you chose File -> Page Setup. Does anyone have the VBA code to accomplish this? Please advise... Cheers! Brett Try, docmd.RunCommand acCmdPageSetup Also, do not forget to trap error 2501 should the user cancel the operation. -- Hope this helps, Daniel Pineault "Brett Davis" wrote: > Hello.. > > I am using Access 2003 and I have a button on my form that I will have the > user click to br...

Problems performing a restore to a SAN drive
We recently move our message stores to SAN. I've tried to perform a restore to a recovery storage group on the SAN and am not able to do it. We use Ultrabac as our backup application, but I've tried NTBackup also and am getting the following errors in the App logs: Information Store (3576) Callback function call ErrESECBRestoreGetDestination ended with error 0xC7FE1F42 Database not found. and Failed to find a database to restore to from the Microsoft Active Directory. Storage Group specified on the backup media is e0d4e0af-f91a-490d-9b40-47e27b9fb714. Database speci...

How do I create a summary page from multiple worksheets
Trying to roll-up information from multiple worksheets within the same workbook to a summary page. These worksheets are copies of each other. For example: each worksheet has a column labeled "defect number". The users can record multiple defect numbers within a cell (e.g. 897, 992, 1001) So sheet1, row1 = 897, 990 sheet2, row1 = 992 sheet3, row1 = 995, 1001, 1012 sheet4, row1 = empty How do I (or can I) rollup this information to a summary page where sheet5 is the summary worksheet and row1 = 897, 990, 992, 995, 1001, 1012. Here's what I have so far [=Sta...

IN EXCEL, WHEN I CLICK ONA SINGLE CELL It HIGHLIGHTS WHOLE Page
please help Hi maybe: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/ghosting.txt -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "confused" <confused@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:36180425-96C2-4368-9DE0-3E60741154FF@microsoft.com... > please help Just click on a cell and nothing else? Or perhaps you mean click on a cell then as you move the cursor around other cells are selected like the cursor is stuck? If the former, you must have some event code which selects the cells or you are clicking on the gray box at intersect of rows and columns(top left above ro...

XMLA .NET connection problem
Hi, After install msxml 4.0 and XMLASDK 1.1, i proceed to configure the datasource.xml file, as follow: <DataSource> <DataSourceName>FoodMart 2000</DataSourceName> <DataSourceDescription>Microsoft Analysis Server 2000 on local machine</DataSourceDescription> <URL>http://localhost/xmla/msxisapi.dll</URL> <DataSourceInfo>Provider=MSOLAP.2;Data Source=md001144</DataSourceInfo> <ProviderName>Microsoft XML for Analysis</ProviderName> <ProviderType> <TDP/> <MDP/> <DMP/> </ProviderType>...

Problems with DATE data type
Hi!!! I've got a little problem with the next macro in Excel. The problem is that I must look for some information in a data bas using as filter a specific day an hour in the year. I get the date and the hour using a form and then the macro calle "Busqueda" receives the value. I've programmed the macro using MSQuery just to see the necessary cod and the problem has appeared when I've tried to include the para called "Dia" in the SQL code. I've tried using " & Dia & " but it doesn't work and I don't know ho to include my param...

Publisher 2003
I'm attempting to print a calendar and I keep getting the message, "Cannot load the printer driver." I have no idea what that means other than I'm unable to print my calendar. Anyone have any ideas? I get the same message whenever I try to print a card I've created. HELP! -- The computer has been chucked out the picture window and the birds are nesting in it. *sigh* Merrie wrote: > I'm attempting to print a calendar and I keep getting the message, > "Cannot load the printer driver." I have no idea what that means > other than I'm una...

Paging Size set up for sql 2005 best performance
erver windows 2003 sp1. 64 bits, Paging file size for selected drive C is (custom selected) Initial 2046 MB, and maximum 4092 MB. It is currently allocated 4081 MB. Computer RAM memory is 8GB. Server functions as a database MS SQL 2005 server, and it is used under heavy insert database operations The problem is that it can be seen on windows task manager there is on PF usage and Page File Usage hHstory around 8.2 GB paging file size not 4081 GB as it is given on virtual memory page set up. DoleBludger (DoleBludger@discussions.microsoft.com) writes: > erver windows 200...

Export CRM-contacts to Outlook Global Contact (CRM 1.2)
Hi, I want to export all the contacts in CRM to the Outlook Global Contact, so all the non-CRM-users can find contacts with there phonenumber etc. There is no support for this at all in CRM 1.2 I can do this manually. First export all the contact to Excel and from there back in Global Contact. Now the problem is the 'Save as'-field. You can only set this field by opening the contact, set the field and save it. For one contact is this no problem, for 5000 contacts it is. When I import the contacts I can't set the value of this field. It has a default value, but I need anoth...

Reinstall problem
I have a CRM 1.2 MSDN installation. I ran add/remove programs to un-install. Everything seemed to uninstall just fine. I then ran the installer again to reinstall. I wanted to use the existing database. I select the: "Connect to an existing database" options, click next then select my SQL server from the list. I then get a message: Setup could not find any valid Microsoft CRM databases on the server you have specified. You must select a different server. I know the databases are there. I can see them in enterprise manager. The system was working fine except for ...

Problem w/ Task Manager
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01CB4835.4C042E00 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I am running a laptop with WIndows XP SP3. I am not sure what changed or = happened but my task manager now only shows the processes tab. The tabs = are mising for me to change views as well as the title bar for my task = manager windo and the menu bar i also gone. How can I correct it? Thanks ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01CB4835.4C042E00 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8...

Mac problems opening excel files when connected to two windows shares

An error number : 424 problem
I'm having trouble with an attachment field. On a report I can see the picture and the filename of the selected attachent properly. Now in a SQL UPDATE string that i'm making I always get the error 424 Object required. Here is the line where it happens : 'mySQL = mySQL + ", scan_g = " & prn_du_pied_g.FileName scan_g is a Text field prn_du_pied_g is an attachment All I want to do is to use the filename of the attchment. How do I solve this Thank you for the help -- Eric "ericb" <eric@b.com> wrote in message news:9A...

How can I change order of pages in a fold brochure in publisher
When I work on the pages on the screen it shows pages 2 & 3 and the page preview shows 2 & 3 but when I go to print page 3 comes out as page 5. Is your publication setup as a booklet? When you go to print are you checking current page or typing the page number? What version Publisher are you using? "JudieM" wrote: > When I work on the pages on the screen it shows pages 2 & 3 and the page > preview shows 2 & 3 but when I go to print page 3 comes out as page 5. "Mary Sauer" wrote: > Is your publication setup as a booklet? When you go to prin...

Concatenate multiple rows and columns into 1 cell
I have a spreadsheet using 3 columns and n number of rows worth of data. I am trying to create one long string of this data by concatenating in the following order: A1,B1,C1,A2,B2,C2,A3,B3,C3, etc. The only way I know how to do a large range is to individually click on each cell and that will take a very long time. Is there an easy way to concatenate a range such as (A1:C500)? Thank you. You are aware that a cell can take in limited number of characters. Any more than that number, the result will be truncated please. "mj44" <mj44@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in ...

VB.Net: how to carry SessionID(its value ) from 1 function to othe
If I get SessionID in 1 function how do I carry that SessionID(value of this SessionID) to another function or another form within the same project Winforms or webforms? In Winforms, u can make the SessionID a public or internal property of the form and in WebForms use the Session object to hold this value. "XML newbie: Urgent pls help!" <XMLnewbieUrgentplshelp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4350B554-0144-474C-893C-2269C59F75C6@microsoft.com... > If I get SessionID in 1 function how do I carry that SessionID(value of > this > SessionID) to ano...

Mail and Catalog merge problems
This is a two part question. The first part concerns an error and the second part is seeking advice. First the error: I am trying to create a data source for use in a catalog merge. No matter what method I use, even using "Create Address List" from Publisher's Tools menu, I get an error dialog saying: "The operation cannot be completed because of dialog or database engine failures. Please try again later." What causes this and how do I correct it? I would like to be able to connect to a SQL 2005 database for merge data. Now the request for advice: I am cr...

Publisher 2007 printing problem
I have a publisher file 6x4 template. When I try to print on a 4x6 photo paper instead of 1 page landscape it prints 2 in portrait. No mater what I do seems to change this. First, File Print setup Size: 4x6 Portrait OK Then, File Page Setup Special Size Width: 6" Height: 4" Landscape OK Build your project Save File Print -- Don - Publisher 2000� Vancouver, USA "tomincolorado" <tomincolorado@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7CC2310B-E932-459A-94A2-45E96D530FC7@microsoft.com... >I have a publisher file 6x4 ...

2 data ranges shown on 1 line with 2 axis
Is it possible to have 2 data ranges plotted on one line against 2 value axis?? The X axis will be a dateline. I need to be able to look at a point on the line e.g., 3/07/05 and see a value on the Z axis and a different value on the Y Axis... but on 1 line not 2. I didnt think it was possible, but I have an engineer who believes this is possible. Help please ! cheers, Nadia Excel does not do 3D charts well. Maybe someone else can point you to ways to kluge this. "Nadia" <Nadia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C4186078-FEDE-45D4-9849-C7B25804D945@micro...