Problem opening office xp excel files

Hi all,
I have office xp and when I click on an excel file, Excel will run bu
it doesn't open the file, it leaves it empty and gray. Problem goe
away if I do file, open, filename. Can anybody help?

This problem happens to all my excel files, not just a particular one
Thanks

Try Tools / Options / General / If 'Ignore other Applications' is checked then
uncheck it.

--
Regards
                  Sys Spec - Win XP Pro /  XL 00/02/03

  Attitude - A little thing that makes a BIG difference

"maxximus" <maxximus.wwlxm@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message

> Hi all,
> I have office xp and when I click on an excel file, Excel will run but
> it doesn't open the file, it leaves it empty and gray. Problem goes
> away if I do file, open, filename. Can anybody help?
>
> This problem happens to all my excel files, not just a particular one.
> Thanks!

ken.wright (2489)
11/14/2003 10:38:10 PM
Ken;

I was having the same problem and your suggestion solved it - Thank you

Wayne

"Ken Wright" <ken.wright@NOSPAMntlworld.com> wrote in message
> Try Tools / Options / General / If 'Ignore other Applications' is checked
then
> uncheck it.
>
> --
> Regards
>            Ken.......................    Microsoft MVP - Excel
>                   Sys Spec - Win XP Pro /  XL 00/02/03

>   Attitude - A little thing that makes a BIG difference
>

> "maxximus" <maxximus.wwlxm@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message
> >
> > Hi all,
> > I have office xp and when I click on an excel file, Excel will run but
> > it doesn't open the file, it leaves it empty and gray. Problem goes
> > away if I do file, open, filename. Can anybody help?
> >
> > This problem happens to all my excel files, not just a particular one.
> > Thanks!

LOL - my pleasure, and many thanks for the feedback.

--
Regards
                  Sys Spec - Win XP Pro /  XL 00/02/03

Newsgroups - Where you really can get a free lunch!!

"Wayne Wengert" <wayneDONTWANTSPAM@wengert.com> wrote in message
> Ken;
>
> I was having the same problem and your suggestion solved it - Thank you
>
> Wayne
>
> "Ken Wright" <ken.wright@NOSPAMntlworld.com> wrote in message
> > Try Tools / Options / General / If 'Ignore other Applications' is checked
> then
> > uncheck it.
> >
> > --
> > Regards
> >            Ken.......................    Microsoft MVP - Excel
> >                   Sys Spec - Win XP Pro /  XL 00/02/03

> >   Attitude - A little thing that makes a BIG difference
> >

> > "maxximus" <maxximus.wwlxm@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message
> > >
> > > Hi all,
> > > I have office xp and when I click on an excel file, Excel will run but
> > > it doesn't open the file, it leaves it empty and gray. Problem goes
> > > away if I do file, open, filename. Can anybody help?
> > >
> > > This problem happens to all my excel files, not just a particular one.
> > > Thanks!

---

ken.wright (2489)

Converting QuatroPro to Excel
How can convert a quatropro spreadsheet to an excel spreadsheet. Any help? Thanks, Bob Open the file in Quattro Pro and save it in one of the supplied Excel formats. -- Regards Andy Wiggins www.BygSoftware.com Home of "Save and BackUp", "The Excel Auditor" and "Byg Tools for VBA" "Bob" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:36c601c40128$9e26a970$a601280a@phx.gbl... > How can convert a quatropro spreadsheet to an excel > spreadsheet. Any help? > Thanks, > Bob ...

Standalone install of Office 98 Upgrade?

Exchange update problem

SQL deadlock problem

Excel 2007

upgrade from mac office to pc?

docmd.transfertext problem

Excel not Access

Rollup 2 and Office 2007

MS Money 95 data files

multiple Domain name delivery problem

Auto-format in Microsoft Excel.

Opening Excel Workbooks

XP keeps rebooting, afd.sys doesn't load
Hi there everyone. Last night I was logged into a site called typeracer.com where people type against one another in a typing competition. In the past, I have never had any problems doing this, but the computer suddenly reset itself and sine then, I have been unable to get the computer to boot up normally, where instead it keeps resetting itself. I have found the following: 1. I tried a system restore to the previous day, but that hasn't worked 2. I can boot up in safe mode, but not in safe mode with network support where it again resets itself 3. Booting up with a boo...

Where is the workspace file stored?

help with simple maths in excel

cant start outlook pst file to large

Planned Open Market Days