Problem - Excel 2003 SP2 - Tools / Autocorrect Options....

Clicking the menu item Tools / Autocorrect Options.... does not display the
Autocorrect Options but instead Basic File Search appears in the sidebar.

Sorry if this is the wrong forum but I can't find anywhere to report a
problem such as this, without wasting one of my two free emails to a support
technician.  Have spent frustrating half-hour searching MS web site, just to
be helpful to them.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=f238c69b-623d-4d82-a013-e16c2111808f&dg=microsoft.public.excel.misc

Works okay here.  Yup, SP2.   You might try renaming your toolbar file:

 C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\Application
Data\Microsoft\Excel\Excel11.xlb

(with Excel closed) to get back to the Excel defaults.

--
Jim
"Desperate Don" <DesperateDon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Clicking the menu item Tools / Autocorrect Options.... does not display
> the
> Autocorrect Options but instead Basic File Search appears in the sidebar.
>
> Sorry if this is the wrong forum but I can't find anywhere to report a
> problem such as this, without wasting one of my two free emails to a
> support
> technician.  Have spent frustrating half-hour searching MS web site, just
> be helpful to them.
>
> ----------------
> this
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=f238c69b-623d-4d82-a013-e16c2111808f&dg=microsoft.public.excel.misc

0
jrrech (1933)
10/1/2005 9:12:15 PM
Yes, getting rid of my own toolbar file does fix it.  Implies there is a
problem there then....  (a no-brainer).  Thanks for reply - will investigate
further tomorrow.

DD

"Jim Rech" wrote:

> Works okay here.  Yup, SP2.   You might try renaming your toolbar file:
>
>  C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\Application
> Data\Microsoft\Excel\Excel11.xlb
>
> (with Excel closed) to get back to the Excel defaults.
>
> --
> Jim
> "Desperate Don" <DesperateDon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Clicking the menu item Tools / Autocorrect Options.... does not display
> > the
> > Autocorrect Options but instead Basic File Search appears in the sidebar.
> >
> > Sorry if this is the wrong forum but I can't find anywhere to report a
> > problem such as this, without wasting one of my two free emails to a
> > support
> > technician.  Have spent frustrating half-hour searching MS web site, just
> > be helpful to them.
> >
> > ----------------
> > this
> >
> > http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=f238c69b-623d-4d82-a013-e16c2111808f&dg=microsoft.public.excel.misc

Exchange update problem

multiple Domain name delivery problem

SQL deadlock problem

docmd.transfertext problem

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"

Password Issue with MS Money 2003

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

Excel not Access

Excel 2007

Auto-format in Microsoft Excel.

Opening Excel Workbooks

Outlook 2003

help with simple maths in excel

Options > Clean Up Now
First there is no community for Outlook Express 6 - Hopefully a Microsoft person will respond. Under 'options' > (tab) 'Maintenance' > there is a button that reads 'Clean Up Now'. The explanation reads that it will delete all downloaded messages. What the #%&!@ does that mean? Will all emails I have previously read be deleted? Is it only deleting the deleted messages? What? -- Shawn That should only apply to downloaded newsgroup messages. The outlook express newsgroup (yes there is one!) will be better able to answer the question. http://www...

How do I use traffic lights in excel

Addressing within Exchange 2003