Printing wide columns

Hi all

I have a spreadsheet that I want to print. It's only 2
columns, but the second column is very wide. I seem only
able to print the first column. However if I reduce the
width of column B to 88 or less it prints both columns.
is this usual? I'm running XP.

Thanks
0
anonymous (74722)

Really would depend on how big the paper your printing on to is.

Print Preview.
Page Setup

Then adjust to 1 by 1 or % of actual size to fit onto how ever many pages
you want.

"Richard" wrote:

> Hi all
>
> I have a spreadsheet that I want to print. It's only 2
> columns, but the second column is very wide. I seem only
> able to print the first column. However if I reduce the
> width of column B to 88 or less it prints both columns.
> is this usual? I'm running XP.
>
> Thanks

0
TomHewitt (11)
4/8/2005 2:41:01 PM
Richard shared this with us in microsoft.public.excel.misc:

> Hi all
>
> I have a spreadsheet that I want to print. It's only 2
> columns, but the second column is very wide. I seem only
> able to print the first column. However if I reduce the
> width of column B to 88 or less it prints both columns.
> is this usual? I'm running XP.
>
> Thanks

The second column is probably on another page. Please use the print
preview to verify.
You can also fit your columns to a page, in both dimensions. It's in
the page settings, but I can't give you the exact description and
screen names in English, because my Excel is in Dutch.

--
Amedee Van Gasse using XanaNews 1.17.3.1
If it has an "X" in the name, it must be Linux?

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
How to Report Bugs Effectively
Only ask questions with yes/no answers if you want "yes" or "no" as the
answer.
http://homepages.tesco.net/~J.deBoynePollard/FGA/questions-with-yes-or-n
o-answers.html
Thanks Amadee

But Print Preview only shows one page, and I have
selected Fit to 1 page wide by 1 page tall.

Richard

0
anonymous (74722)
4/8/2005 2:58:56 PM
Thanks Tom

However I have selected Print 1 page wide by 1 page tall,
and there is only 1 page shown on the Print Preview
screen.

I'm printing to A4.

However I am making progress. I've discovered that if I
manually adjust the %age to say 75% it prints OK, but if
I use Fit to 1 page it doesn't.

Richard

0
anonymous (74722)
4/8/2005 3:02:56 PM
 When you go to <view><page break preview>What does it show?
I have had to physically drag the dotted line over even when I had fit to
one page selected.
I have also had to select a larger area than was to be printed before, move
the dotted lines around on the page break preview and print only only one of
the possible pages to get what I want.

A lot of it appears to be an interaction between different versions of WXCEL
and the different print drivers.

"Richard" wrote:

> Hi all
>
> I have a spreadsheet that I want to print. It's only 2
> columns, but the second column is very wide. I seem only
> able to print the first column. However if I reduce the
> width of column B to 88 or less it prints both columns.
> is this usual? I'm running XP.
>
> Thanks

0
BJ (832)

text to columns 12-23-09
hi I created a code to apply text to columns functionality and i assigned a button to it . It works perfectly. but when i created another button in a differnt sheet and assigned the same macro to it, it is not working. please help to debug the code. Sheets("Temp").Range("A1:A2").Select Selection.Copy Sheets("Temp").Range("A4:A5").Select Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues, Operation:=xlNone, SkipBlanks _ :=False, Transpose:=False MsgBox "ok upto here" S...

cannot print today's calendar
Hello, After upgraded to outlook2003. Users can no longer able to print the calendar properly from public folder. They can print as a wekk view or month view, but cannot print on today or day view. They have no problem if they try to print from their own calendar or other user's calendar. When they click print on day view, they get this error messgae 'this folder cannot be opened becuase there is a configuration problem on the server. Contact your Microsoft Exchange Server Administrator for assistance. ' Any one ever has this probem, pls help !! Many thanks! CC :) ...

Print without borders
Can anybody advise how I can print a document on Excel (XP) without any borders. I have a document which I have set the margins to the zero value, however when I print the document the words / pics are still not right upto the edge of the paper ! any ideas Many thanks Anthony That would be a function of your printer and not related to Excel. Not too many printers that don't leave some whitespace. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 11:15:02 -0700, "Anthony" <Anthony@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Can anybody advise how I can print a document on Exce...

Printing Fill Effect
Hi, I'm trying to print a fill effect on a rectangle that fades horizontally from left to right. It's a two color fade using brown and white. The object looks great on the screen but when I try to print it. As the brown fades from brown to white it turns green. I'm using a HP Laserjet 4600. I'm running SP2 for Office and I have the lastest drivers for my printer. It's not the PQ because I've checked that and it's fine unless I missed something. Can anyone help me? Thanks in advance. ...

HTML mail: how can I print messages and all attachments in one go please?
Hello, We have a few secretaries who printout most messages for their bosses. That's just the way they work, they see things better on paper. Anyway, when they receive messages in HTML format, they can't just press Print to have the message text and any attachments printed; instead they have to select each attachment and print it separately. That's driving them mad, especially as we've just migrated from a third-party mail system which did exactly that. Is there any way to make Outlook 2002/2003 printout the message and all attachments in one go please? Tellin...

Print Invoice for customer
How do I print an invoice for a customer This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0050_01CAEDDE.BEA5A5D0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Lewis1585, If you are looking for the word "Invoice" on the receipt, you need to = add or change your receipt template and/or printer setup. =20 Here is an example on CustomerSource http://tinyurl.com/4gdbu of a Full = Page receipt that says Invoice rather than Sales Receipt. --=20 Jeff=20 Check Point Software Search this newsgroup...

How to I print one cassette label in Publisher 2003?
I am trying to print one cassette label on a sheet of labels and it prints the full sheet. Is there any way in Office Publisher 2003 to print just one label at a time? Take a look at the label in page setup, make a note of the margins and gaps. On the publication page use these dimensions in Arrange, Layout Guides. The L7655 cassette label the measurements would be: Side 1.47cm Top 2.32cm Horizontal gap .25cm Vertical gap zero -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Church Sec" <Church Sec@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:811E7D1B-1D0F-4BC0-8051-6615B1...

How do I get the table to print out the lines between the columns.
I need to make up a table with columns and rows, but I need the lines to print as well. Help Rachel Hi Rachel two options, 1) file / page setup / sheet tab - tick gridlines 2) select the area you want to put borders on, choose format / cell - borders tab and choose the style, colour & where you want them Cheers JulieD "Rachel D." <Rachel D. @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:28C8CBBA-C230-48FB-8ACA-B4C51C39DC97@microsoft.com... >I need to make up a table with columns and rows, but I need the lines to > print as well. Help > > Rachel ...

VBA or macro to find irregular blanks in column and insert value from another sheet
Hi, I have a column of data including values with intermittent blanks. I need to refer these blanks to a date field on sheet 1. The number of populated cells inbetween the blanks is different each time the spreadsheet is completed. I have tried to do this by recording a macro using filters, but unsuccessfully. Could do with some VBA pointers as am useless (but getting better!) Any advice gratefully received! Thanks in advance Bev J Hi Bev, Try something like: '=============>> Public Sub Tester() Dim rng As Range Dim myDate As Date Const col As String = "A:A&qu...

Printing Row 1 at top of each page
This seems obvious, but I cannot get it to work. I am trying to print out a doucument that has multiple pages, and I would like to have the header information that is in Row 1 at the top of each printed page. I have gone into Page Setup, and the tab called "SHEET", but it will not let me enter any info in the "Print Titles" section. Is there something that I need to do first in order to make these changes enabled? Thanks Lance Gray "Lance Gray" <Lance Gray@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D1734460-9541-4AA4-A7DB-A52F67C863FC@microsoft.c...

Attachments appear blank in Normal View but not print preview
Where I work we use Outlook 2000, one of the computers however when sent an email with an attachment it comes up blank in the normal view, if he does a print preview the text and file are there, but if he prints it is blank, we can forward it from his computer to say mine and I can see the attachment just fine and print it and everything does anyone have a suggestion on what would be causing this. Thanks Stacie ...

print odd pages or even pages
I'm trying to make a booklet style report and would like Access to print the odd numbered pages, and then I can put the paper back in the printer and hopefully print the even numbered pages backwards on the other side. Any way of printing like that? Hey, folks... don't let the 'printing in reverse order' scare you. If anyone knows how to pring just odd or just even pages I could sure use that all by itself. On Fri, 02 Apr 2010 11:09:45 -0500, Russ <Rusty@notathome.net> wrote: >I'm trying to make a booklet style report and would like Access to >pr...

Printing page order reversed! howto fix? pub 2000
Hi- when trying to print a 2 page spread, (as a "seperate booklet") it places the right hand page on the left and the left on the right... I cannot seem to find any setting to change that. In print setup selecting p3 to p2 is deemed an illegal move so that wont do it!- am I missing a setting??? I've tried printing to acrobat and a variety of other printers, so it's not in my printers settings.... HELP! Doug Try this, view, clear "two page spread", in the print dialog, print current page, click "no". -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft....

in excel; page size is adjusing, not print size on page.
I apparently have done something that when I go to print, the area which is printed on a page does not change, only the size of the page. ie; in the print command, I scale the size to 75%, but it reduces the actual page, does not reduce the printed text to print more on a page. So if I put in 10%, the worksheet displayed on the screen is 10% of the actual size vs. putting more data on a printed page. Help. What did I change accidentally to cause this? ...

Printing worksheets
I have an employee notebook where each employee has a sheet. The informtion for each employee covers four sheets -- one sheet for each calendar quarter. I have formulas set up for calculations on all four pages of each sheet. I would like to print out just the first quarter for each employee--that would be the first page of each sheet. Is there any way to print out the first page of each sheet in one batch? I am running Excel 1997. You could select all sheets at once using <cntrl> and the mouse pointer or if that is available in 97 right click on one of the sheet tabs and sel...

letter printing on envelope at end of address
When I print an envelope...most of the time I get a letter at the end of the address... Are you using "Add to document" to create the envelope? See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/DetachEnvelope.htm. Assuming you do want to save the letter, be sure to do this on a copy. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Stacie" <Stacie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F50CF100-99A3-46E3-993B-137001CBD4B9@microsoft.com... > When I print an envelope...most of the time I get...

problem formatting printing
I am using Excel2007 to develop a file sent to me by a friend who wants it converting into a pdf file. The original file contains five different sections, with the number of rows in each section varying between about 20 and 120. There are 6 columns in each section. I have split the file into 5 individual excel files, by starting with the original and deleting the rows I did not want. All columns are the same width all fonts are the same size. In each file I selected the populated cells as the print area and "printed to pdf" as I normally do. Paper size is set to A4 with all t...

Print Titles
-- MM ...

Xl 2000 Printing only Tables & not Text.
Hi, I=B4m using Excel2000 and Win 98 OS(Arabic Enabled) When i try to print any worksheet i get only the Tables=20 and not the text. Can any one help in this matter. I=B4m working in Doha - Qatar ... Thanks & Regards, Satish ...

Extending columns with headers and rows in custom forms.
Hi All, After creating a new entity and adding attributes and fields to a form, is there a way to display data in a html table format? For example: Contact ID Name Position Company 1 John Smith CEO Google 2 Jane Smith VP CNN I can't seem to find a way doing this in Customization, it only has the 2 or 3 columns and no option for column headers. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. Theo - I'm not clear on exactly what you want to achieve here. You say you have created...

Use of '=AND( COUNTIF(A:A, B1))' to check if a cell is in a column or range
Hello. Can someone please help, I'm using Excel 2003 and I wondered if this is an efficient way of checking whether an item is is a column or part of a column of (length 5000 rows) or not: - =AND( COUNTIF(A:A, B1) ) It seems like an odd use of the AND function as it only has one parameter but it returns a TRUE or FALSE as you would expect. I don't want to count the number of occurences, I just want to know if the value is present in the column but I can't seem to find an alternative to COUNTIF. The IF and FIND commands don't seem to apply here. Thanks for any help given. H...

Publisher 2003- Printing a card???
I am trying to print 2 cards on one page (8.5 x 11) I have formatted it but I am having problems printing it so it all prints on the right sides but most of all the right side up. Is the only way to do this by putting it through the printer 3 times and rotating one page to an upside down position? HELP!!! Jasmine, hmmmm I am having a little trouble understanding your problem. If you are wanting to print both sides of the card, you are better creating two Publisher files, one with the front and the other with the back. I cannot understand why you need to put the card through the printer t...

GP10 task to print sales batch edit report
We have modified the AR Clerk role to allow entry/edit of SOP batches and to print sales documents (TRX_SALES_002 and 003). This role also has rights to all RPT_SALES except commission reports (which we don't use). However, the system says the clerks do not have rights to print a sales batch edit report. Can someone give the necessary task name? Sue, The tasks are TRX_SALES_019* and ADMIN_COMPANY_011*. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot....

Can Word print onto paper forms?
Programs like Pdfill and Form Pilot allow you to scan a paper form into a text editor, add text fields then print only the text field onto the original paper form. Can Word do this? Word has the ability to Print Data only for Forms so you could insert the scanned image behind the text and then insert FormFields in the relevant places. While it can be worth doing if the form is going to be re-used (saving it as a template), it is not really worth the trouble for a once off. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services...

When I close out of Print Preview, the text does not show, only bl
When I close out of Print Preview, the text does not show. There are only multiple blank pages. I can print from Print Preview, but am afraid to close out of the document because I don't know if it has been saved. You may want to treat the document as corrupt. Try copying the contents, except for the final paragraph mark, into a newly created document. Does that help? To show/hide paragraph marks (�), as well as other nonprinting marks, use the � button on the Standard toolbar (Word 2003) or the Home tab (Word 2007). -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Karla&quo...