Printing to HP LJ2300 printers

We have received several LJ2300 prints and when printing
from Excel (97 and 2000) We get garbage. We have used all
the drivers HP has including their older drivers for this
printer. Also tried both PostScript and PCL. We connected
a LJ4300 and had no problems, same with a LJ4+. Has any
one else had ths problem and fixed it?

No problem here with 3 LJ2300.  Use the default driver on their installation
disk

"Wayne" <wayne.horn@wachovia.com> wrote in message
: We have received several LJ2300 prints and when printing
: from Excel (97 and 2000) We get garbage. We have used all
: the drivers HP has including their older drivers for this
: printer. Also tried both PostScript and PCL. We connected
: a LJ4300 and had no problems, same with a LJ4+. Has any
: one else had ths problem and fixed it?

0
nospam202 (664)
8/26/2004 3:49:27 PM
We have no problems either, and we also used the drivers that came on the
installation CD.

Judy Freed

"Wayne" <wayne.horn@wachovia.com> wrote in message
> We have received several LJ2300 prints and when printing
> from Excel (97 and 2000) We get garbage. We have used all
> the drivers HP has including their older drivers for this
> printer. Also tried both PostScript and PCL. We connected
> a LJ4300 and had no problems, same with a LJ4+. Has any
> one else had ths problem and fixed it?

Is this HP Laserprinter connected directly onto the back of the PC via USB
cable or has it
been networked?

One thing to try is change the printer advanced options to start printing
after last page is  spooled rather than start printing immediately if
connected direct on the back of a PC.

If you are printing through a network and using a HP Jetdirect card you may
have the
Jetdirect interface setup incorrectly

Regards

Jason

"Wayne" <wayne.horn@wachovia.com> wrote in message
> We have received several LJ2300 prints and when printing
> from Excel (97 and 2000) We get garbage. We have used all
> the drivers HP has including their older drivers for this
> printer. Also tried both PostScript and PCL. We connected
> a LJ4300 and had no problems, same with a LJ4+. Has any
> one else had ths problem and fixed it?

Print part of a viewable report
I have a report viewable on the screen and I only want to print part of the columns. Other than highlighting the part of the report I wish to print is there a way to print only part of the report on demand (without highlighting)? Hi Kris, HTH The only way I know is to set a print area and then it will print your selection until you clear the print area. To do this you have to highlight the range and go to File>Print Area>Set Print Area. Ray "Kris Trester" wrote: > I have a report viewable on the screen and I only want to print part of the > columns. Other than ...

Excel 2003
Hello, I have set up a template Excel 2003 workbook with a define print area. It is accessed by different PCs all running WinXP. On most PCs the workbook is printing as it should be, but on one it is wider than it ought to be, and it printing on 2 pages of A4, not one. I have checked the margins on the recalcitrant PC, and they are the same. Also, it is set to print on A4. Why would it be setting the columns as wider than they are? Regards, Charlotte Different drivers, different printer, different printing preferences. Charlotte Howard wrote: > Hello, > ...

Excel 2007 File Format Not Support Line Print Settings
I have a 2003 Excel file that I was trying to save in 2007. I get the message: "Workbook contains one or more of the following features that are not supported by the selected file format, Line Print settings." I don't know what line print settings are can't find any information about it. Does anyone know what this means? Thanks, You are trying to save in Excel 2007 as what type of file? -- If this helps, please click the Yes button. Cheers, Shane Devenshire "Tanya" wrote: > I have a 2003 Excel file that I was trying to save in 2007. I get the > message:...

Printing a report question
I have a report that prints a list of names. When I use print preview, the list goes to two pages. I would like for the page to print with the first page of names on the left side of the page, and the second page list of names to print on the right sidfe of the first page. (So there isn't 2 pages, just 1) Does anyone know how to set this up in Access 2007? Thanks -- Howard In "Design View" of the Access report, goto the "Page Setup" Tab (or Ribbon). Click on the "Page Setup" icon. Click on the "Columns" tab. Change the &q...

Cannot print HTML messages
When we try to print a HTML email message we get the following error message. Script Debugger ...

My gridlines wont print. Even though i have gone thr print opts?
When trying to outling gridlines on an excell spreadsheet, i can get them on print and print preview. However, even after going through the print options and turning on the option to print gridlines and making sure they are coloured, they still dont print. I have checked my margins and all that sort of thing but i only get the outling boarder and not the gridlines themselves. Can anyone please point out the little thing i am not getting right? If the background color has been set, gridlines will not be printed. To overcome this, use cell outlines. -- Gary''s Student "...

Drawings move during printing
I have created a drawing from several objects (arcs, ovals, triangles, etc.). When I try to print, some objects move (especially annoying is BlocArc). How should I solve this problem? The way I do it now is to copy it as an Enhanced metafile picture into Word and print from there, but the quality is not the best (printing lots of objects on a A0 paper). It refers to objects from the control toolbox, but the information in the following post by Dave Peterson may help: http://groups.google.ca/groups?&threadm=4252EFEF.C8CBA674%40netscapeXSPAM.com 00xPhoenix wrote: > I have crea...

Auto print calendar info
Is there a means in Outlook to automatically print my calendar every day (preferably weekdays) at say 8:00? Not from within Outlook. You could set something up (scripting) to do that with a program called AutoIt. (it's on the web) gwd9 wrote: > Is there a means in Outlook to automatically print my calendar every day > (preferably weekdays) at say 8:00? ...

WTF happened to printing spots a multiple angles
Microsoft must have retarded monkeys designing their software. I upgraded to Publisher 2002 because of the amount of clients I had that were sending my 02' files. I was completely floored when I found that I can't send multiple spot colors at different angles to my imagesetter. Why would Microsoft say they have the most "printer friendly" software and then remove multiple screen angles? It's not like they have never added a way to do this in any previous version, they actually removed it from this upgrade. It's not a bug of any kind, Microsoft stated that the only wa...

The purchase order print out should show 'date received'
When generating and then receiving a purchase order, when you click 'Print', we would like to see the 'date received' or 'last updated' date on the purchase order print out. Currently on the print out there is no easy way to see what date the product came in on. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based N...

update Windows XP Bs
Friend updated XP Business and now everything she prints in Publisher is a mirror image of what she wants....graphics and text are backwards....as in....sdrawkcab era txet dna scihparg. Any ideas.....didn't see turn off mirror images on my copy of the program...is that on a newer version or something? Mirroring is a printer setting. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "cheryl" <cheryl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F5BF79ED-8E4C-41A4-A144-D1B2990C6D30@microsoft.com... > Friend updated XP Business and now everything she prints in Publisher is ...

Printer Friendly Email: Page Breaks
How do I insert a page break into the text of an email in Outlook Express 5? Any other tips on where to go to learn how to format email text using html? Thanks. This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpre...

Linked Excel table
Hi, Hope someone can help me. I have weird printing problem that I can' seem to fix! Here's the story ... I am using Windows XP and Offic 2003. I link excel tables into a word document (paste special/as link) There is color font in the excel table. The color always appears on th screen, but disappears when I print it to pdf or printer, *but onl from certain PC's* Hence, the problem! I've compared the settings o Word and Excel between the PC that can print the colored text and th ones that cannot. To no avail. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Philomen -- Message posted f...

Making Buttons Visible After Printing
Hi, With the help of various sources I've figured how to prevent command buttons from printing on a document by creating a class module and using the BeforePrint event to hide them (visible = false) but I'm at a loss how to make reset the visible property to true once the document has printed. Is there an event such as AfterPrint? Any suggestions will be gratefully received. Thanks ... Dave ...

Printing out Account details
Outlook 2003 - is there a way of printing out account details? (I need to transfer the details to a non-MS Mail client....) No, but I'm sure your ISP has them on a printeable page. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more ----- "Gordon" <gbplinux@gmail.com.invalid> wrote in message news:OC%23g7GIOHHA.3872@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Outlook 2003 - is there a way of printing out account details? (I need to > transfer the details to a non-MS Mail c...

Printing problem
I am having problems printing some emails within Outlook. In that email, I am able to print the attachment but not the email itself. Tried updating Windows as well as Office. Still the same problem. The following is the error message: A Runtime Error has occurred. Do you wish to Debug? Line: 1343 Error: Unspecified error Can anyone help? ...

Printing business cards #13
I have an existing bus. card file. I want to chage the printing format to print 10 cards to a page from 4. The page layout tab does not have an option for this. I am using publisher in Microsoft Office 2000. If you already have four on the page, print, page options, custom options, side ..75, top.5 zero gaps. Publisher should say it will print 10 per sheet when you click okay. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "kenner" <kenner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D7120307-A0AA-4690-B97...

HP LaserJet 2840 Problems
I have a problem printing with a LaserJet 2840. When I print invoices to other printers, they are formatted correctly. When I print to the 2840, they change vertical position with each print cutting off a different section of the subtotals and any comments we have towards the bottom of the page. We have the latest drivers. Any suggestions? Allen Is your printer default set for A4 paper instead of letter size? I've recently had this happen with an Excel spreadsheet that just wouldn't print correctly. -- Lyle U AllenMc wrote: > I have a problem printing with a LaserJet 2840...

Print report with second page
Hi All, I have a report that we print. We want to be able to print an additional page of data a check box is checked. I have a command button they press now that generates the report. How would I do this so that the report stays as one report with 2 pages. Verses generating 2 seperate reports. Matt -- Matt Campbell mattc (at) saunatec [dot] com Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com ...

How do I keep from printing extra lines on a file in Excel
I am trying to print a file with out printing the extra lines that appear at the end. One of my files prints without the extra lines; the other one prints extra lines. I can't figure out the difference in the 2 files Have yo set the print range? "Verle" <Verle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DF7FF1C8-7D63-4159-9968-582817313295@microsoft.com... > I am trying to print a file with out printing the extra lines that appear at > the end. One of my files prints without the extra lines; the other one > prints extra lines. I can't figure out the...

why doesn't list of attachments show on printed copies?
I can't get the list of attachments included in a message to show when I print a copy of that message for my file. Any ideas I think the message has to be in plain text format for the attachment names to print. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:D55EC624-0940-4EB4-BF29-43F7B1FA28F6@microsoft.com, jshackell wrote: > I can't get the list of attachments included in a message to show > when I print a copy of that message for my file. Any...

Printing Columns on Same Page
I have a sheet with 5 rows and 100 columns of data, and I want to print them in Portrait View. I would like the first 10 columns to print on page 1, followed by the second 10 columns on page 1, followed by the second 10 columns on page 1, etc...until there is no more room on the physical page, in which case, it will break and continue printing the remaining columns as described above on the next page (2), etc. If this is possible, how is it done? If you change to the "page break view" you can adjust your page breaks easily on the screen. View --> Page Break Preview -- Ho...

Listening a lpr printer port
Hello Guys, I need to listen a network printer port that can supply data in RAW or LPR. My final outcome must be PDF. So is there any way that help me converting that raw or lpr data collected from port and convert them in to Postscript or GhostScript. If i can get it into PS or GS format then I can easily convert them into PDF. It will help me a lot. -- Bhagyesh joshi (+919714775899) > I need to listen a network printer port that can supply data in RAW or = LPR.=20 > My final outcome must be PDF. So is there any way that help me = converting=20 > that raw or l...

Printing Charts in Excel
I have created charts in Excel 2002, they look fine. That is, until I view them using print preview. The text boxes and arrows are all over the place. It also prints that way. Has any one else encountered this problem, if so, what is the fix? ...

Dealing w/ Star Receipt Printers
I have to install some OPOS on a couple of Star200(?) series printers tomorrow. Anyone have any great suggestions or tricks? I have read alll over the boards the issues people have with the Stars, and I am really not looking forward to this. The documentation is spotty and I have been told that even if I do get it configed properly and everything working w/out issues, it will likely just drop the drivers again almost right away. -- Jocelyn I have to disagree with these statements. We have 2 Star200 printers in use and have not had ANY problems with using them. We have them with the ...