Printing Tiles have Page 1 ... Page 2 ...

We've received Excel files that take more than one page to
print. Each page on the screen (not on the printout) has a
numerically-ordered "Page x" as a watermark in the center
of the page in 1" tall gray letters. It scrolls up and
down with each page, each page having its own page number.
These numbers appear to be added by Excel automatically
when a file will take several pages to print. They don't
show up when it is only one file. How do we get rid of
this large watermark text?

Thanks!
Steve
0
anonymous (74722)

Hi
goto 'View - Normal'

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Steve H wrote:
> We've received Excel files that take more than one page to
> print. Each page on the screen (not on the printout) has a
> numerically-ordered "Page x" as a watermark in the center
> of the page in 1" tall gray letters. It scrolls up and
> down with each page, each page having its own page number.
> These numbers appear to be added by Excel automatically
> when a file will take several pages to print. They don't
> show up when it is only one file. How do we get rid of
> this large watermark text?
>
> Thanks!
> Steve
0
frank.kabel (11126)

Outlook startup #2
All of a sudden all our outlook client (Outlook2002/Exchange 2000) are getting the following message: "Your microsoft exchange server is unavailable" with the retry and cancel options. We hit the retry option it connects to the exchange. Any ideas???? Sounds like name resolution problems. Can you ping the Exchange server, by name, from the affected workstations? -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct requests for assistance. Please post questions and replies here in the newsgroup....

find column with text data in row 1
I have the following macro which bounces me back and forth between b:k and m:u Private Sub Workbook_SheetBeforeDoubleClick( _ ByVal Sh As Object, ByVal target As Range, Cancel As Boolean) If Not Intersect(target, Range("B:J")) Is Nothing Then target.Offset(0, 11).Select If Not Intersect(target, Range("M:U")) Is Nothing Then target.Offset(0, -11).Select End Sub Now I would like to build on that. My K Column is my delimiter with the static text 'Totals'. I would like to be able to have the functionality of the above without have the number of columns static, so...

Report Crystal Report on CRM 1.2 Problem
Hi, I create a Crystal report. in this reports, i use "field of cumulated total" Sorry, i am french and in french it's "Champs de total cumul´┐Ż" I use result of this field to do statistic. the problem, When the fields is null, result of my stat are null too. Can you help me. thanks depending on the source of your data, you can use the ISNULL(fieldname,0,fieldname) T-SQL function to replace null values with zero values instead. This will allow your statistics to compute properly. Dave "Chdup" <chdup@monmail.com> wrote in message news:43df...

Getting a -1 Status in Disqualify Lead
I'm getting a -1 status when I try and disqualify a lead. When I click on the picklist I get an IE Script Error: 'firstChild.firstChild.children[...].offsetTop' is null or not an object My guess is that the picklist values were deleted or customized or something. Where can I edit the Disqualify - Status picklist values? Any ideas on what could be happening? Just a follow up. Hopefully it will help someone. Turns out somehow our XML file included duplicate contact sections. We exported the XML, sent it to Microsoft support, they fixed the XML file and sent it back. We imported i...

Designer not showing controls from .aspx page
I have a page in Visual Studio 2008 where I copied the entire contents from the .cs and aspx.cs pages to my new pages and changes all the references to match. The problem is that I get errors from the .cs file for all the controls saying they don't exist. They don't exist because there is nothing in the aspx.designer.cs file. When I do a build or rebuild it still doesn't fix that file. Is there a way to tell VS to fix the designer file to pull all the controls from the .aspx file? Thanks, Tom ...

Shared folders #2
In an exchange enviroment, folders can be shared among users. But it seems to me that, on a larger scale, this can be pretty tedious. What if I want to a single shared calendar that is used by all users? how is this normally done? .. I know I can put it in public folders, my question here, again, is must that calendar be created on 'someones' PC......in 'someones' mailbox? What if several users are sharing folders among different other users? Doesn't this become difficult to administer? knowing what shared folder is hosted where? Am I missing something here? Sh...

Printing or formatting issue?
Dear all, Please bear with me on this one, I have posted something similar in the past and thought this issue had been resolved but hasn't!! In Finance we have staff who work on individual worksheets, these are then sent to one person who collates them into one workbook; this is then sent to our Finance MD and PA. The person who sends the workbook can print all sheets out fine on his HP5000n (A4 and A3), however the Finance PA (HP4050) and the MD (HPxxx) cannot, they complain that the formatting is all "off". I can confirm that all these users and those who originally created t...

where can i learn MS CRM 1.2
I've got MS CRM 1.2 installed at our office, and no one knows how to use it. How/where can I/we learn MS CRM 1.2 from. Are there any free online tuts or user guides to get us started? Version 3.0 is much better. Why are you still using 1.2 ? "Nikki" wrote: > I've got MS CRM 1.2 installed at our office, and no one knows how to use it. > How/where can I/we learn MS CRM 1.2 from. > > Are there any free online tuts or user guides to get us started? > > > ...

Thread Question #2
Dear Sir, In my application we are using legacy libraries which are not thread safe.We are calling one function from the GUI to initiate the process which will call the function in the libraries.The process is as follows : 1) The tool requests the data from the oracle and after retrieving the data from the oracle local system creates one file based on this data,This process is continued repetitively based on the input,that means it may create n files based on the input.To improve the performance we are using two threads,one thread calls the library function(the constraint is we hav...

Run Time error 9 #2
Hi all, I thought I found the fault but I still can't get it to work! I am trying to copy sheet called "inventory" to a new workbook save it with the name of the value in cell X4 and close it and return to the original workbook. Thanks for any help Sheets("Inventory").Select Sheets("Inventory").Copy Sheets("Inventory").Name = "Inventory List" With ActiveWorkbook .SaveAs Filename:=Worksheets(" Inventory List ").Range("x4").Value End With You got a pretty good reply at your other post in...

print a record in form view
I am building a form and have inserted an event procedure to have the form print one record at a time and it will only print a blank piece of paper. This is my code, can anyone tell me what they think is wrong? Any help is greatly appreciated. rivate Sub cmdPrint_Click() On Error GoTo Err_cmdPrint_Click DoCmd.DoMenuItem acFormBar, acEditMenu, 8, , acMenuVer70 DoCmd.PrintOut acSelection Exit_cmdPrint_Click: Exit Sub Err_cmdPrint_Click: MsgBox Err.Description Resume Exit_cmdPrint_Click End Sub Assuming that the line rivate Sub cmdPrint_Click() is only missi...

New Customizable Option Strategy Screeners #2
o More powerful custom screeners. o Build your own screeners with configurable filters. o Save your screeners to use later. o Six filters to choose from(more coming soon). o Screener data updated twice daily. Check out www.avasaram.com ...

New page on Video Carrdds
I have created a new page on video cards from my forum and from my reviews etc. Lots of helpful information with more to come. Vendor neutral its meant to be helpful without a vendor calling the shots. -- http://contract-developer.dyndns.biz ...

Need formula to cal percentage of 2 numbers
Hi, I would like the formula that will compare two numbers and give me the percentage in the third column. ex C4 compared to B4 put in cloumn D4 as a percentage, New to excel and need to know how to put the formula in the cell too? thanks for hel p in advance -- Mike B =C4/B4 and format as percentage -- HTH Bob Phillips "mike b" <mikeb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5D45EB6A-F7D6-4B53-B3DC-EEA724E69298@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I would like the formula that will compare two numbers and give me the > percentage in the third column. > ...

Is it correct that an 81/2 x 14 tent card fold newsletter prints .
I want to make a newsletter on legal size paper. I want it to fold like a "tent card" and give me a page one (and page four) size that is 81/2' wide and 7" long. Then the inside, pages two and three I want to actually do as one 8 1/2 x 14 page. When I start to set this up, the newsletter from a template prints pages 1 and 2 together, head to head at the center and pages 3 and 4 on the other sheet also head to head. Is that right? Am I wanting to do something weird? Try selecting Booklet as your layout. On Thu, 2 Sep 2004 14:43:06 -0700, eyedoc <eyedoc@discuss...

A page of file in pdf
I have a friend who I want to give one page of a file in pdf that has several pages. How do I just give him one page in pdf. Thanks Rod -- Thanks for your Help On Sun, 2 Nov 2008 16:47:01 -0800, jcreek <jcreek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a friend who I want to give one page of a file in pdf that has several >pages. How do I just give him one page in pdf. If you can create PDF files then just save the appropriate page as a PDF. If you can't then get one of the many PDF creation programs. -- Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd. http://www.electronics-pa...

Problem with (1) Office database & (2) Updates installation failures
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power PC I have two problems that may be related (or not): (1) When I open Word or Excel it takes a very long time and then I get this: "There is a problem with the Office database. Office might be unable to access the database or the database file might be damaged. Without the database, you might be unable to use the Address Book, Scrapbook, and other features that store your personal information." It goes on to explain how to "rebuild the database". I did this properly though without success. (I only w...

Find MAX of column from using 2 criterias
Spreadsheet (duh) with 3 columns: Month, Vehicle Licence #, Odometer readings. Now looking at the Month and Vehicle Licence #, what is the lowest odometer reading and also what is the highest odometer reading, so as to calculate the distance travelled. Do not want to use Pivot tables - as columns will grow. Do not want to use array formula as end user is as useless as putting butter on bread with a toothpick. Thanks in advance. Hi, Try this array formula. =MIN(IF(MONTH(A1:A20)=D1,IF(B1:B20=E1,C1:C20))) Change MIN to MAX to get the max value D1 is a number i.e. 4 fo...

Sum If
I want to sum a # field if the 2 conditions are met. 1 - the month = February and 2, the $'s are sales Data is like this D F G Month Measure(Sales) Data I want to add penguin77 wrote: > I want to sum a # field if the 2 conditions are met. 1 - the month = > February and 2, the $'s are sales > > > Data is like this > > D F G > Month Measure(Sales) Data I want to add > http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions01.html#SumProduct In ...

Share Outlook file on DSB storage device between 2 computers
Hello I want to be able to run outlook at home and at work, but have the files stored on my USB storage device. I can see where the .pst file is storred on each computer, but cannot figure out how change the location of the .pst file in setup. Can anyone help? Thanks You should'nt rely on the integrity of a pst stored in such a way. In OL File/Open/Data File (wording depends on version) and browse to the pst You can either, in OL, alter the default pst or use the usb pst as a backup <rhatala@stny.rr.com> wrote in message news:cmsgq1h8taq0sp0qb2om5cvqg2gtnbgr32@4ax.com......

How do I print smaller sized layout centered on letter size paper?
I reformatted my document to size it like a paperback book. When I print it on letter size paper, it prints out at the top of the page with a lot of space below. Interestingly, it prints centered horizontally on the letter size paper, probably because it thinks I'm feeding smaller-narrower custom size paper into the printer, drawn centered from the paper tray. I want this paperback book sized document to print centered on letter size paper, both vertically and horizontally, without first reformatting it to letter size with larger margins. Is this possible? Thanks. ...

Return to first page in document.
Is there a quick way to go to a certain page in (Office) Word 2007. e.g. If working on a document with say 50 pages how can I go to page one quickly without having to scroll to the page. -- Regards tonyq CTRL+Home will take you to the start Investigate Word Help for keyboard shortcuts - moving through your document. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> >...

Text print size
Hello, here is my problem, when printing an excel sheet, the size of texts seems to be bigger than on the screen. The effect is that some of them are cutted : they fill in the cells only on the screen. On the printed page (or on the print preview) the text is bigger, and does not fit anymore. I do not understand why the text size is not the same on the screen and when printing. I tryed with True Type or not / I tryed qith auto-scale of the page or not / always the same result. What's the matter ? How to change that ? -- dc any idea ? any one ? Are you writing about text in...

Dynamic macro's #2
Hi, Thanks for your reply. Well, the user will select a complete row (1 or 2 or 3 or ....) an based upon that, the program should do the code as described for 3, bu for that particular row. For instance, if he selects the row 8, the code should be: Dim appWD As Word.Application ' Create a new instance of Word & make it visible Set appWD = CreateObject("Word.Application.8") appWD.Visible = True Sheets("Template").Select Range("A8").Copy Sheets("Data").Select Range("B3").Select Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlValues, Operation:=xlNo...

Pocket PC Money #2
Does anyone know how to set the password in Money so it prompts you each time you open it, not merely when you have performed a soft reset??? On "Casper" <schaerf@vicnet.net.au> wrote: >Does anyone know how to set the password in Money so it >prompts you each time you open it, not merely when you >have performed a soft reset??? Set a password on the device? -------------------------------------------- To send me e-mail exorcise NO Spam from my e-mail address. -----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =----- http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #...