Printing slected items after using autofilter

Hi can any please help me ?

What I�m trying to do is to automate printing a shopping list via
button and macro (code sorted for this ) printing a selected range fro
my worksheet.

What I have done is set an auto filter of the items I require and wha
I want to do is to print the selected records, however this list ca
get bigger or smaller dependant on the number of items selected.

Any thoughts would be very much appreciated (Excel version 2000)

Please see attached bitmap

Many Thanks

Ro

|Filename: shopping list.bmp
|Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=3864

robertgu

44 Married two kid
robertguy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=596
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=47172

I'm not clear on part of what you wrote, but if you leave your print range
blank, and then autofilter your list, Excel will only print what is visable.

"robertguy" wrote:

> Hi can any please help me ?
>

> What I’m trying to do is to automate printing a shopping list via a
> button and macro (code sorted for this ) printing a selected range from
> my worksheet.
>
> What I have done is set an auto filter of the items I require and what
> I want to do is to print the selected records, however this list can
> get bigger or smaller dependant on the number of items selected.
>
> Any thoughts would be very much appreciated (Excel version 2000)
>
> Please see attached bitmap
>

> Many Thanks
>

> Rob

> |Filename: shopping list.bmp                                        |
> |Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=3864     |

> robertguy
>
> 44 Married two kids
> robertguy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=5963
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=471727

Using variable names for cells
I seem to remember a technique where I could assign a variable name to the contents of a cell so that whenever I wanted to use the contents, all I had to do was call up the variable name. Unfortunately I cannot find the way to set up the process. Any suggestsions or ideas would be appreciated. Thanks and a Happy New Year. -- Take out the trash to reply '05 FLHTCUI Hi dim rng as range set rng=activesheet.range("A1") msgbox rng.value -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Ultraglide wrote: > I seem to remember a technique where I could assign a variable name to >...

Is there a way I can only print the reply instead of the entire email message
I wonder if there is a way I can only print the reply to an email message, instead of printing the entire message? My choice for selection only seem to be gone with Outlook 2003 printing options. Any help is appreciated.............Peter ...

When printing to large scale plotter, is there a max # of lines/pa
I am having problems with printing to my large plotter. Project seems to have issue when printing 325 lines or more. The plot gets long horizontal lines of different lengths running through my data. When I insert a page break at, for example, line 323, the plot looks fine, but I am getting two pages instead of just one. Has anyone else had this problem? I don't think this is a plotter problem. Almost always, problems related to printing are related to the system or the printer driver. That is because Project is using the system to print. The first thing to check is that...

Cannot print in Portrait
I have a customer who cannot print the Trial Balance Report in Portrait mode even though she has set it to Portrait in the application setting and the printer driver setting. Any ideas? The paper size is A4. You will need to modify the report and change the page orientation on the report definition window to Portrait or Printer Setting. Don't forget to change security to point to the now modified report. David Musgrave [MSFT] Senior Development Consultant Escalation Engineer MBS Support - Asia Pacific Microsoft Business Solutions http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions mailto:dm...

How do I use excel names with INDIRECT with charts
Hello, I want to create a Chart that does not directly reference cell-ranges (i.e. A1:A6), but excel-names that make the reference sheet-independent. My aim is to be able to copy one chart to other worksheets, which have their dataareas at the same places like the source-sheet. Problem: This works fine in cells but not in charts Excel name definition: =INDIRECT("R3C2";0):INDIRECT("R3C5";0) Any idea about this? Thanks in advance, Holger. You have to include the sheet name in the final formula that you want XL to use. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.co...

SBS2003 + Internet Explorer
We have a customer who has an SBS 2003 Premium server with ISA 2004 They have just installed a bolt on to Outlook which searches their mailboxes or something. They have discovered that they cannot get this to work unless the untick the 'Use automatic configuration script' in Internet Explorer. Trouble is each time they re-boot a PC the tick comes back, so sounds like it's a policy setting somewhere. What is this ? Where is it configured and what are the implications of turning it off ? Could it be that rather than turn it off whatever it is ought to be con...

Changing Inventory Item Types #2
In GP7.5, is there any way to change inventory item types once they have been used? Can the item be deleted and then recreated at the end of a year? Are there any utility programs that can do this? In particular, I've got some "sales inventory" items that I want to convert to "kits" and others that need to be "services" We are on 8.0, but I don't think it is possible to change the item type - not even with Professional System Tools. We have changed the item name (via tools) to include the word Discontinued. Then we set up a new item to repl...

can cvs files be opened using excel viewer
i have a user who cannot open cvs files with excel viewer but can ope with the full version of excel...anyone experienced this problem and i so, can you pls post the resolution -- darrie ----------------------------------------------------------------------- darriel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2388 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=37522 There is nothing in the description of the Excel Viewer to suggest that it can read anything other than true XLS files. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;...

Manufacturing BOM Where Used query
Winthin manufacturing there is a where-used inquiry window that will show all BOMs that a given item appears in. You can also expand that view to see what BOMs and item's parent is used in. Some of our BOMs are 10 layers deep. In our environment we need to know which category of finished goods each purchased item is used in. Currently we maintain this manually and store the info in an inventory user-defined field. Over time as the number of our finished goods and purchased parts has increased this has become an unmangeable process. I need to find a way to query the BOM tables a...

How to prevent the same program from running twice using vc?
Try this: http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/misc/misc/article.php/c299 -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "LeeTow" <fbjlt@pub3.fz.fj.cn> wrote in message news:#gTQPBglEHA.2612@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > > Checkout Bob's tip on this subject at http://bobmoore.mvps.org/Win32/w32tip7.htm -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "LeeTow" <fbjlt@pub3.fz.fj.cn> wrote in message news:%23gTQPBglEHA.2612@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > > See also my essay on my MVP Tips site. joe On Wed, 8 Sep 2...

Utilizing the Print Preview without using a printer
How can I use the Print Preview function and make any necessary changes to my worksheet?..I currently do not have a printer installed, but would still like to be able to have access to the Print Preview functions before I actually print my worksheet. Just install *any* print driver that might be resident on your system, and XL will then enable the "PrintPreview" feature, even though no actual printer is present. -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ==========================================...

Strange Print Problem
My forms have a print button which prints a report displaying the same information shown on the form. So far, so good. I found that a few users were using Ctrl P to print and therefore printing the form instead of the report. I have fixed this problem by calling the print button code when the user presses Ctrl P. This works great except for one form where it ignores the keydown code, UNLESS I press the print button first. If the print button has been pressed previously then Ctrl P works just the way I want it to. But if you press Ctrl P before the print button is pressed the standard p...

Page orientation when printing unusual sizes
When printing from Pub2000 to tabloid several years ago it would show vert for horiz and vice versa and would not print correctly. After much frustration QMS gave me a patch but said it was a Microsoft problem. Today I was trying to print a B5J size card and the same thing happened. I tried it on an HP inkjet and it happened again. I dropped the layout into a cheapo Sierra program and it prints correctly but with a loss of some graphic detail. It is a Microsoft problem...what is the solution? When Konica Minolta supplied you with a patch it should tell you it was not a Publisher i...

Printing With Publisher
Hello Everyone, My question is related to mail merge printing using Publisher. Can someone tell me why Publisher when it sends a mail merged job to the print queue, it sends it in groups of ten jobs per queue? Is this a print settings in the application and if so how do i change it so the job is sent as one job in the queue like when your using Microsoft Word to print a mail merge. Any suggestions or comments please! Thanks Hi Steven Rossi (srossi@necc.mass.edu), in the newsgroups you posted: || My question is related to mail merge printing using || Publisher. Can someone tell me why...

Microsoft Office X cannot start because MS Office is already in use
Sometimes Entourage 10.1.4 shows the message: "Microsoft Office X cannot start because MS Office is already in use. A Office program is being used by MYNAME. Your installation exceeds..." It's crazy because I'm the only user with OSX (10.3.2) and Office X is installed only on my Mac!!! It seems that it happens when Entourage run scheduled actions (i.e. Send and Receive). Pls help me. Thanx. -- Buz ...

Using a value from a cell inside a formula!
Hi! I've got two cells that contain the start and end row of a matrix in sheet. I want to use these row numbers in a =COUNT.IF formula to count th number of specified instances in this matrix. But my problem is this; how can I use the values in the two cell inside the COUNT.IF formula?? I should look something like this; =COUNT.IF(F"cell1":F"cell2";"=argument") As you can see, the column (F) is specified in the formula but the ro number needs to be fetched from cell1 and cell2. Can anyone help me with the correct syntax? Thanks! -M -- marsupilam --...

Filter to specify which account is used according to email address?
I use outlook for work and personal email but i use two different accounts to send/recive email. I have run into the problem of sometimes mistakenly using my personal account to send work emails. So my question is: Is it possible to specify that addresses that meet a certain criteria be send using a certain account. Say an email to Bob@amarc.mil will be sent using my gmail account whereas a email to Jane@moog.gov will be sent using a yahoo account? Any help/suggestions would really be appreciated! Cheers -Gaiko And my question is, what version of Outlook are you using? The answer = is t...

How to speed up printing the report?
Hi I have a problem with printing reports in Great Plains 7.5. It took a long time, especially for trial balance report with long characters on the main segment (more than 5 characters). Do you know how to solve this problem? Hardware and software are ok. according to requirements. Regards Radek ...

IE crashing when using CRM 3
some users are experiencing a lot of IE crashes when using CRM3.0.5300.0 This is when clicking around the CRM and I have a screenshot of the CRM as it crashed if anyone needs this... The diagnostic is below: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-16"?> <DATABASE> <EXE NAME="iexplore.exe" FILTER="GRABMI_FILTER_PRIVACY"> <MATCHING_FILE NAME="HMMAPI.DLL" SIZE="38912" CHECKSUM="0xD85D870C" BIN_FILE_VERSION="6.0.2900.2180" BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="6.0.2900.2180" PRODUCT_VERSION="6.00....

Terms of Use
Can someone please tell me, if someone bought a copy of Pub. 2002 (in a non-profit org.) and installed it on their machine, could anoher person in the same building install and use the same copy on their machine under the license? These two people would be using the program at times but not constantly - if they never used it simultaniously would it be allowed under the license? Thanks. No. (Non-profit status doesn't change anything.) -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Christina" <anon@ymous.com> wrote in message news:857C024B-CF2D-4CE6-9E28-9AF2E9...

I can not use the Templates downloaded from Office Online
My Visio Version is 2002. I find that the Templates provided on the Office Online are for Office 2003.When I tried to open the Visio templates downloaded with Visio 2002,error occured. Any template available for Visio 2002?Where can I get it? Thanks in advance Microsoft has an interest in pushing the 2003 content. Perhaps you have a friend with 2003 that can save them in the older format for you? You might lose some features of the templates, but it will work to some extent. -- Hope this helps, Chris Roth Visio MVP "�췽" <cnpcpnnpc@hotmail.com> wrote in message n...

Print contacts #2
I would like my notes to appear when I print my address book from Outlook. Thanks. Add the notes field to the view you are using for your Contacts folder, and then when you print, you should see your notes. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:12fae01c3f693$82e8b4e0$a501280a@phx.gbl, RWhite wrote: > I would like my notes to appear when I print my address > book from Outlook. > > Thanks. ...

Cannot preview unapproved purchase orders via printing on screen
Our customers would like to be able to click a preview button to see what the purchase order looks like before it is approved then printed. This is not currently possible with PO approvals as you cannot print a PO to screen without first approving it. -- Thanks, Peter ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and the...

fetching using fetchxml from Javascript problem
var xml = "<?xml version=\"1.0\" encoding=\"utf-8\"?>" + "<soap:Envelope xmlns:soap=\"http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/\" xmlns:xsi=\"http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance\" xmlns:xsd=\"http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema\">" + "<soap:Body>" + "<fetchXml xmlns=\"http://schemas.microsoft.com/crm/2006/WebServices\">" + "<fetch mapping='logical'>" + "<entity name='inv...

Add Released MO to Item QTY at Smart List
Hi, Anybody know how can I add MO released Quantity on the Item QTY list at smart list. When I try to add the the coloum in, MO inforamtion is not avaiable for Item QTY list. Thank you! -- Lucy For this you will need Smartlist Builder and will need to add the MO tables to the Inventory quantity tables. A SQL View might be helpful. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at http://www.AccoladePublications.com "Sunstream" wrote: > Hi, > > Anybody know how ca...