Printing set up

I've got a 28-column spreadsheet that I want to print landscape on
legal size paper.  I've set the print area to the exact size of the
spreadsheet & set all the margins to zero.  Under Page Setup I've set
the scaling to Fit To 1 page wide by 1 page tall.  With these settings
I'd expect the spreadsheet to fill the page.  Instead there are large
margins all around.  The spreadsheet could print significantly larger,
but I cannot make it do that.  How can I make the spreadsheet fill the
sheet (be as large as possible?)
Thanks,
Dave
0
davek5157 (4)

I have had this kind of problem occasionally with a particular printer, and I think it was really a printer driver problem. Do you have access to any other printers so you can experiment? Otherwise try updating the printer driver.

"Dave K" wrote:

> I've got a 28-column spreadsheet that I want to print landscape on
> legal size paper.  I've set the print area to the exact size of the
> spreadsheet & set all the margins to zero.  Under Page Setup I've set
> the scaling to Fit To 1 page wide by 1 page tall.  With these settings
> I'd expect the spreadsheet to fill the page.  Instead there are large
> margins all around.  The spreadsheet could print significantly larger,
> but I cannot make it do that.  How can I make the spreadsheet fill the
> sheet (be as large as possible?)
> Thanks,
> Dave

0
Vaughan (64)

printing problem #4
Hello all, I've made a little pocket book using Publisher. My problem is this, when I print it in black & white it prints fine, all pages. But when I print it in color it misses a page. I have 24 pages in this booklet, as I said all print fine in black & white, but color??? It should print pages 8 and 17 together so when folded they are in the right order, but I cannot get page 17 to print in color. What might I be doing incorrectly? This is my first project with Publisher, so any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you, Cliff Myers wrote: > Hello all, I've made a ...

About the tools that set Registry key permissions
Hello, I want to set some Registry key permissions using Subincal and SetACL, but the both tools will not work for some keys in Windows Vista and Windows 7, can anyone tell the good command line tools that support Windows Vista and Windows 7? Thank you Steven ...

Outlook 2007
All of a sudden today when I hit reply to messages in my inbox, or forward messages in my inbox, they are automatically removed from my inbox. Of course they remain in my sent box, but I prefer to keep the original message in my inbox as well. I have not changed settings at all on this but for some reason it started to do this today. I cannot find any reference to this in the help file online. I do NOT have it set to view unread messages only. Sounds like you're looking at a view or search folder that's filtered to = show only unread items.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP ...

Printing 11X17 Newsletter
I have just finished creating a 4 page newsletter with Microsoft Publishing 98. I have purchased a printer that will print 11X17 paper, HP DeskJet 1220C. My difficulty now is I can't seem to only print one side of the newsletter and then manually turn over copies to print the other side. Is this possible? I want newsletter to be front and back. There must be a way! Thank you to anyone who can help me :-) Thank you for the info. However, I do not know how to open up the attachment. Thank you! >-----Original Message----- >Carla set this up manually instead of using ...

Set Print POS Receipt Question Default to NO
When you select the to Ask before printing POS receipt the system defaults to the YES box. Can this default be set to NO to allow you to just press ENTER? I have already set up a PRINTLASTRECEIPT button. ...

How can I make my Headers print on all pages of my report?
Could anyone tell me how I can have the header of my report to print on all of the pages of the document and not just the first page? Thank you. On Tue, 5 Feb 2008 14:29:22 -0800, SIRSTEVE wrote: > Could anyone tell me how I can have the header of my report to print on all > of the pages of the document and not just the first page? > > Thank you. What header? There is a Report Header, a Page Header, each group in the report (if you are grouping your data) can have a Header. If you mean the Report Header, you can't. The Report Header, by definition, only prints on th...

Office Publisher 2003 Printing w/Designjet 110plus
Publisher will print to other printer w/o problems, will print to 110+ if it is only one page, but if I try to print a sign or 4 pgs. on 24" X 36" paper it won't even try. The test pg. prints, I've uninstalled & reinstalled the driver, I've talked to manufacturer, now what? My technique for that would be to create a special size pdf and "print" to that. Then print the pdf. Usually works. Thanks some printer! "gypfuz" <gypfuz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BC5491A7-3687-4E03-9115-6E960ACCE366@microsoft.com... > Publi...

Re: Calendar Printing Assistant
IMI Attendees Print - http://www.imibo.com/imidev/Exchange/imiap.htm you can fin it also at http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/marketplace/EM102566161033.aspx | "JLinDC" <JLinDC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message | news:535BC51C-CE50-4B56-A19D-43DEA66D4D1B@microsoft.com... || Are there any CPA templates that print the Appointment Message/Body? || || | | ...

Visio: How to set a transparent background on an inserted GIF?
Inserted a GIF from file with a white background. Would like to edit the image to make the background transparent so that it will overlay the drawing background. Is it possible in Visio, or do I have to edit the source file with another application? On Wed, 4 Oct 2006 14:49:02 -0700, John Sudds <JohnSudds@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Inserted a GIF from file with a white background. Would like to edit the >image to make the background transparent so that it will overlay the drawing >background. Is it possible in Visio, or do I have to edit the source file >with ...

how do i get different post cadts to print on one sheet?
I want to be able to print on sheet of all differnt post cards? littlebit86_ <littlebit86_@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I want to be able to print on sheet of all differnt post cards? Use the Mail Merge feature if it's just different addresses you need. If you need entirely different designs, you'll need to manually set up your labels on a larger page. Set the page size in File > Page Setup to the size of your sheet of labels, and then set the layout guides to the positions of the individual labels. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Pu...

How to create and set values for newly created attributes in active directory
Hi, I need to add a new string attribute in the properties of users in the active directory. I have changed the schema and added the attribute. Then, it gets listed in the attributes list. But, I could not set this attribute value for users. Please help me in setting this new attribute value for each and every user of users in AD. Thanks, - mv. -- m v ramana ------------------------------------------------------------------------ m v ramana's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/181470.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/active-directory/129...

Print BitMap and maintain same size
I use the dcPrint.BitBlt to print a bitmap. Is there a easy way to keep the image the same size no matter what resolution the printer is at? Thanks Ronald, You might want to check StretchBlt used together with GetDeviceCaps (to get the resolution of the output device). Johan Rosengren Abstrakt Mekanik AB "Ronald" <ronald@denverresearch.com> a �crit dans le message de news:7a191f3c.0312031056.472b261d@posting.google.com... > I use the dcPrint.BitBlt to print a bitmap. > > Is there a easy way to keep the image the same size no matter what > resolution the printe...

Postcard printing #2
Is there any way to print 8 standard size postcards on 11x17 paper? Assuming you want to stay within the 23� stamp size you could do it with a size of 5"x4" and have an overall margin of �". First do a Printer setup for 11"x17" card stock. Create a single work area of 5" width and 4" height. (You can select the smallest margins of your choice here) Pour forth your artistic creation of the card. (The following is for Publisher 2000) Now to print it (them) File Print Page options button Select "Print multiple copies" Select "C...

Printing in Excel #2
I am having trouble with printing Excel files that I have used for years. Of late they have re-formatted somehow. When the file is open in normal view the page looks ok, but when in print preview and when the page is printed there is too much excess space in each cell and stretching to the left and right margins automatically. What is causing this and how can I overcome it. Have you recently changed to a new operating system, or installed a new printer? If so, you may have to download a new version of the print driver from the printer manufacturer's web site. Deon Shirley wrote: ...

Lost ability to print multiple copies of email
I am only able to print one copy at a time of an email. Though I tell the printer to make copies in quantity, I only get one copy. This happenned all of a sudden. For the other programs I use, Excel, Word etc., I am able to print the number of copies I direct the printer to do. Any advice? Update your printer driver? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer,...

Problem printing to a custom size paper?
I need to print onto an 8 x8 paper. I added the paper size to the printer properties - but the size does not show up when I select paper size in the print option of the document. Does anyone else have this problem? After setting the paper size in the Printer Setup, set the size in the Page Setup, Special Size. -- Don Vancouver USA "Laurvil" <Laurvil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:81ED7207-489B-48A9-AA43-FDD5FA65E944@microsoft.com... >I need to print onto an 8 x8 paper. I added the paper size to the printer > properties - but the size does not ...

Two problems: Printing PPM image and accessing the generic Print Preview when using static MFC window
Hi, I can print IPicture objects with no trouble (drawn with Ipicture->render). But when I do it with PPM/PNG drawn with StretchDIBits I can see it on the screen and also in print preview, but the printed page is empty. Is it possible to do it, or can I wrap my BYTE array containing the image into an IPicture pbject and draw it through IPicture->render? I also have trouble with print preview in static MFC DLL. When I click print preview a warning window appears (with an empty string) and I can click OK and it ignores my attempt to open print preview. In debug mode it says there was an a...

Number of copies when printing is 256, how can I set it back to 1?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel It's only with one Excel document. I've already trashed the prefs and that didn't fix it. high quality Soccer jerseys NBA Jersey tracksuit and jackets, GHD hairstraightener supplier from www.willpa.com Are you a Retail businessman who bother by the purchase price? China Cheapest TOP wholesale website can help you we are specialize in replica sport goods manufacturing in china, we can offer you all kinds of soccer jersey, NBA jersey,shoes and so on. they are the best brand replica goods w...

Can someone help me print a 4 up post card in publisher 2007
I have been trying to print 4 postcards on a page but can not figure out how to do it. Please help! I'm a Publisher 2000 user and this is how I would do it using 8�"x11" stock. File Page Setup Special Size Width 5.5" Height 4.25" OK Create Postcard File Print Page Options button (lower left corner of Print window) Select Print multiple copies per sheet Custom Options button All margins set to 0" OK OK -- Don Vancouver, USA "JustAlice" <JustAlice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5A7FC53C-3357-41FB-B650-...

How do I print 4 postcards landscape on letter size paper
I now have Windows Vista and can't figure out how to get four postcards to appear and print on a landscape letter setup. Used to be a piece of cake - apparently solution is hidden now. All the cards alike? Do you mean Publisher 2007? Use the Avery US Letter Postcard setup. 3263 works just fine. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "George 604" <George 604@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:927A6D81-7D6B-4669-8371-E73909592644@microsoft.com... >I now have Windows Vista and can't...

Propagating permission settings for public folders.
Hi, I understand that if you had created a public folder and set permissions to it, the settings will be propagated to subfolders created after it. However if I make any permission setting changes to the main folder, the sub folders will still retain that initial permission setting. Is there any way to propagate the permission settings to the sub folders? Regards, ...

SMTP works intermittently after FE servers set as NLB pair
After setting two FE servers in an NLB pair (both with smtp previously working), some mail servers cannot open SMTP sockets to the FE NLB pair. IT seems to be only windows boxes odly enough. When i create the pair, OWA, OMA and Activesync work fine as does a telnet to port 25. However, some machines cannot telnet to port 25..all machines in question that have proven unable to access are running win2k or win2k3....sendmail and qmail can open a smtp session to the NLB pair just fine. ANy ideas? On Thu, 20 Jul 2006 13:12:02 -0700, knightly <knightly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:...

default page settings
Does anyone know how to change the default page size in publisher so it opens as A4 rather than letter all the time? Change your printer driver default to A4 and then Publisher will automatically open with that size. -- The US should free all those illegally held prisoners they are torturing, abusing and denying human rights being held at Guantanamo Bay. ...

RMS POS Crashes Before Printing Receipt
We sporadically have a situation were RMS 2.0.0115 POS crashes right before it prints a customer receipt. This seems to happen randomly and on different registers mostly when using credit cards but it also has happened with cash transactions. The problem is since RMS didn't print a receipt (and there is no record in the Journal or sometimes one that says something like "No Receipt Available for Display"), the cashiers ring the sale up again (since there was no CC slip to sign for the "original" transaction). Even though there is no trace of the original transacti...

setting inches in MS Excel
Can someone tell me how to adjust the measurement setting in Excel to inches? Thanks. Sandra Holroyd Sandra: Never given it a thought before, since everything in Excel is scaleable, unlike Word. I don't think it has a meaning in respect of Excel other than in the size of paper you choose to print on. Obviously the calculations (apart from a few conversion functions) are units-independent. Charts are scaleable. Print setup is very scaleable. Sooooo...AFAIK, you don't need (or get) a measurement setting. Alf --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Sandra Any obj...