Printing Row 1 at top of each page

This seems obvious, but I cannot get it to work.  I am trying to print out a
doucument that has multiple pages, and I would like to have the header
information that is in Row 1 at the top of each printed page.
I have gone into Page Setup, and the tab called "SHEET", but it will not let
me enter any info in the "Print Titles" section.
Is there something that I need to do first in order to make these changes
enabled?
Thanks
Lance Gray
0
Gray (39)

"Lance Gray" <Lance Gray@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> This seems obvious, but I cannot get it to work.  I am trying to print out
> doucument that has multiple pages, and I would like to have the header
> information that is in Row 1 at the top of each printed page.
> I have gone into Page Setup, and the tab called "SHEET", but it will not
let
> me enter any info in the "Print Titles" section.
> Is there something that I need to do first in order to make these changes
> enabled?
> Thanks
> Lance Gray

have you done this through File-Page Setup or did you go to the Setup menu
from Print Preview? The former should work, the latter will be greyed out.

HTH

0
gordon7598 (483)
7/12/2005 3:04:08 PM
go into print setup from the File submenu rather than the print preview
screen.
Why? I don't know.

"Lance Gray" wrote:

> This seems obvious, but I cannot get it to work.  I am trying to print out a
> doucument that has multiple pages, and I would like to have the header
> information that is in Row 1 at the top of each printed page.
> I have gone into Page Setup, and the tab called "SHEET", but it will not let
> me enter any info in the "Print Titles" section.
> Is there something that I need to do first in order to make these changes
> enabled?
> Thanks
> Lance Gray
0
BJ (832)

C# Net GridView LinkButton open a new page
Hi, In my C# .Net framework 2.0 web application, I have a GridView which has the LinkButton ItemTemplate. I would like to have the click event for the LinkButton then it will open a new web page( not redirect). I think I'm stucking in the javascript with the asp control, need help! Thanks. Jason ...

Keeping rows together after link
I have spreadsheet that has several columns that link to anothe spreadsheet.This is G1:P100. My A,B,C,D columns is where I pu information related to the information in G-P. For instance, G-P link to a students information. It changes all the time. In A-D I hav columns to input criteria for each student. The problem is that whe the link updates the criteria and the student info end up on diffren rows now. For instance If B1 is " Has Housing" and G1 is " Steve" afte the update " Steve" might move to G3 and the "Has Housing" does no move with it -- Message...

Report will not print
RMS2.0 SP2 When I print any report, 90% of the time, it will only print the report header and NO other information. When I print to a PDF file it will ALWAYS print the entire report properly. I spoke to MS tech support and they said to change the store logo to the BMP which I did, still no good. Any suggestions? I am using a USB Canon printer, the reports have been printing correctly in the past. I already uninstalled and reinstalled the printer drivers. I am completely lost. Haik, Can you print any other reports? Maybe something is wrong with the report formatting, so the field does...

Preventing Column Cell Values from Printing
I have a summary worksheet with several columns of information. There is one particular column (E25:F39) where I don't always want to print the values. Is there some simple way to toggle this column's values on and off just before hitting the print command? I was thinking of using an adjacent tick box outside the print area, which when ticked would print the column values, and vice-versa. I'm looking for a formula that would examine the tick box, and if the tick (letter 'a' in Marlett font) is not present (i.e. cell value = ""), then the values in column (E25:...

Help! page range prob in print
Hi I worked on print.Everythings working perfectly except one problem.ie. When i set the PageRange option to 'ALL' option and press print button..instead of displaying only the pages which has information ..its displaying that all pages from 1 to 65535 r going to be printed. How do i remove this problem? thanks, vani I thing you may failed to set the maximum number of pages to print. Check CPrintInfo::SetMaxPage(nMaxPage); method regds Jibesh -- ------------------------------------------------------------------------- FIGHT BACK AGAINST SPAM! Download Spam Inspecto...

problems printing from MS Office Picture Manager
Operating System is Vista. When running MS Office Picture Manager (Office 2007) drop down option pulls up other printers (which work and MS XPS doc writer or install new printer. Install printer works up to and including print test page which prints normally. Like I said it pulls up the other printers and works with everything but MS office picture manager. Is there a way to associate the printer with MSOPM Have you tried right-clicking on any picture and then selecting "open with" method? This would allow you to associate all pictures to open in MSOPM when you cli...

Printing 2 worksheets to a 2 sided document
Is there any way to print - front to back - 2 seperate worksheets? Turn the paper over and print the second worksheet???? Maybe you can create a worksheet with a picture of both ranges on it: Insert a new worksheet Edit|copy the first range shift-Edit|Paste Picture Link (on that new worksheet) Back for the second range and shift-edit|Paste picture link (right near your first pasted picture link). (insert a nice page break, too) And by pasting a link, you can change the original range and your picture will update right away. (Keep that worksheet as long as you want and print from there???)...

Print preview background missing
I have View:Picture:Detailed Display selected. I have File:Print:Advanced Print Settings:Graphics and Fonts:Print full-resolution linked graphics selected. However, I only see my text, and no backgrounds or images in the Print Preview. What am I missing? Thanks! No doubt you are missing an updated video/graphics driver. See the third FAQ here. http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "7imothy" <7imothy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AC8ADC93-F...

image prints 'double' in normal and best mode
I have an image - a portait-style, rectangular 'directions' map to help customers find my location which I created in publisher with lines and text, etc, then grouped and saved as a jpg - that I am now trying to use (inserted>from file) in a quarter-page card layout to be printed and cut for inclusion with mailers. If I print in 'fast draft' mode, this map look fine. However, if I try to print in normal or best mode, the image is messed up - the top half of the rectangle is doubled; the bottom half is not printed. Example: the 'this is north' indicator, whic...

Old home page in website view FrontPage 2002
I have FrontPage 2002. I reworked my whole website although the home page had a few changes. Everything seemed to remained linked correctly, the browser preview was perfect, published fine, but now my online website view shows the old home page. If I navigate to the other pages, they are the new versions. If I navigate back to home page from any of the other pages, I get the new home page. Where is this old home page coming from? It's not to be found in the navigation view. I've attempted some things like publishing the whole thing (rather than separate pages), emptying t...

merged document printing
How do I print multiple copies of a merged document in Publisher? Seems to only allow one copy of the document. No option is available as it is when printing a regular document. If anyone has an answer please email me at: linked4life@hotmail.com Thank you http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/CH062524751033.aspx -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "linked4life" <linked4life@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1FC3E45B-B7F2-4F8D-AD4D-02154C8C399B@microsoft.com... > How do I print mult...

Printing landscape Excel97
I'm looking at the following problem: Excel97 on a NT4 Workstation > worksheet is setup to print landscape but the printer (HP Business Inkjet 2250) gives portrait. When the users with this problem uses another PC the problem is not occuring. So I think it is a local machine- thing. Is there somebody who can give me a hint, registry- setting,...? "Rob Rijs" <robrijs@hotmail.com> wrote... >I'm looking at the following problem: Excel97 on a NT4 >Workstation > worksheet is setup to print landscape but >the printer (HP Business Inkjet 2250) gives portrait...

Hpw to serialize boolean to 0/1 into XML?
I can deserialize my Xml that contains 0/1 to bool, but when I again serialize it, value is true/false. Is there some way to force boolean value to be serialized as 0 and 1, not true or false? Thanks. Rita wrote: > I can deserialize my Xml that contains 0/1 to bool, but when I again > serialize it, value is true/false. Is there some way to force boolean value > to be serialized as 0 and 1, not true or false? I suspect it is not possible, looking at http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-2/#boolean the possible values are 0, 1, true, false but the canonical values are only tr...

Selected pages to print from MS Outlook
Is there a way to select the the page to print from MS outlook. I could only print all pages from my mail rather than selected pages Please help ...

I selected row 1 and row 2 to freeze and it is freezing at row 12
I am selecting row 1 and row 2 to freeze and excel keeps freezing at row 12? Select one row only, if you want 2 rows above where it freezes select row 3, that will leave row1 and 2 unaffected when you scroll down -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Lori Brooks" <Lori Brooks@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C968CA9B-35A3-427E-993C-D36F3B6D37B7@microsoft.com... >I am selecting row 1 and row 2 to freeze and excel keeps freezing at row >12? Hi, To freeze row 1 & 2 select A3 and then Window|Freeze Panes Mike "Lori Broo...

How do I keep the help window on top and work on my worksheet
When working on a sheet in excel, I open the help window and wish to read it whilst making a suitable entry on the page. The help window closes as soon as it loses focus. In earlier versions this did not happen. Is there a fix for it? If you are using Excel 2003, the top left corner of the help-presented window has a Tile/Untile option. Not really pretty but does enable you to read the help whilst working on the sheet. Howard Walker 635 Wrote: > When working on a sheet in excel, I open the help window and wish to > read it > whilst making a suitable entry on the page. The hel...

center page top to bottom
How do I center my text top to bottom? In Word 2003 it was under page layout, justify On Wed, 6 Jan 2010 18:45:01 -0800, Sonja <Sonja@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do I center my text top to bottom? In Word 2003 it was under page >layout, justify Assuming you now have Word 2007, it's in the same dialog but it takes a different path to get there. Click the Page Layout tab of the ribbon. In the bottom right corner of the Page Setup group, click the little button to open the Page Setup dialog. The setting you want is on the Layout tab of the dialog...

How do I use alpha page numbers (e.g., B-3a, B-3b, B-3c, etc.) in.
I am using Excel 2003 and need to use incrementing alpha page numbers (e.g., B-3a, B-3b, B-3c, etc.). Excel 2003 help only refers to numeric page numbers. Is there a way to format the page numbers to use incrementing alpha page numbers? I was hoping to see a better reply to your question, but a day has gone by so here is my $0.02. If you must, you can always similate the footer in the worksheet, just have to be consistent with row heights, etc. This might be more trouble than it's worth, but if want to try here's a formula that might help. =IF(QUOTIENT(COLUMN()-1,26)=0,"...

Pulisher 2003: copy pages from doc1 to doc2
Hi, To set the scene: e.g. in Powerpoint, you can copy a selection of slides from document 1 and paste to document 2 (slide sorter view) We need to do same in Publisher 2003. Have 2 documents, need to copy a series of pages from one current document into another current document. How the heck do you do that, without creating a whole series of blank pages and copying those sections across (which would be a big pain!) ; surely there is an easy-as-powerpoint solution to this? many thanks! You can open two documents in Publisher, tile them, drag and drop. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://o...

insert rows--->protected sheet
I have a protected sheet in Excel 2007, and I would like to write a macro that allows a user to insert a new row(s) that also copies the formulas (but not the text/data) from the previous row. When I searched for a possible solution, I found the following macro #2, which works perfectly, if the sheet is unprotected. I use the following code (macro #1) in another macro to unprotect a sheet temporarily to run a macro, then re-protect it. I select a row on the spreadsheet and run the macro InsertRowsAndFillFormulas_caller(). I get a "Compile Error: Invalid or Unqualified ...

Automating Selection of Graphs for Printing
I have a workbook containing cost data for up to 20 client plans. Each plan's data generates three different graphs, which are collected on three separate worksheets. Thus, sheet 1= 20 plans worth of data input, sheet 2= 20 graphs (type 1), sheet 3= 20 graphs (type 2), and sheet 4= 20 graphs (type 3). Once the data is entered, any assorted grouping of graphs might need to be printed at one time. It has been a pain to scroll around and search for the graphs needed for printing out. Since there are dozens of the self-contained workbooks I've described, I'd like to auto...

Displaying images on a Property page
Hi, I am new to Visual C++ and recently I stumbled on the following problem. In my project I need to draw a .jpg or .png picture on a dialog window. I decided to use the GDI+ library and its DrawImage() method. When using the following code in a project with only one dialog window, the image was displayed successfully. When, however, I tried to use the very same code to draw the picture on a Property page that belongs to a Property sheet (that I use to display Tab controls), the code compiled fine but didn't produce any visible result. My test project is here: http://www.geocities.com/v...

how can i increase number of rows beyone 65536 in excel sheet
the maximum of number of rows that are available in an excel sheet are only 65536,i would like to enhance it to my choice. Plase mail me how can i do it ,either by writing a macro , or other way. please also mail me the entire procedure, where to correct and where to run the macro etc. You want the car washed and the dog taken out as well? There is no way of extending this, use a database or multiple sheets -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "increasing number of rows in excel sheet" <increasing number of rows in excel sheet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5F6...

Printing a selection of Worksheet
How does one go about printing just the part of a work sheet that has been selected? When I select and then go to print preview, I see a much larger section showing to be printed. Thank you for any help Appreciative Jerry Hi From the Print Preview dialog box, click on 'Selection' -- Andy. "JER" <jer@home> wrote in message news:O6tORZhUEHA.1048@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > How does one go about printing just the part of a work sheet that has been > selected? When I select and then go to print preview, I see a much larger > section showing to be printed. Tha...

Value Filter menu is gray except for Top 10 in Pivot Chart 2007
I want other filtering options than Top 10 using the Pivot Chart in Excel 2007, but the options are all grayed-out. What do I need to do to make those Value Filter options available? ...