Printing Multiple Ranges

I have a worksheet that has 16 different ranges (entitled
Page1, Page2, ..., Page16).  I want to print each page in
its correct order.  So I go to Page Setup and make the
print area be "Page1, Page2, Page3" and so on.  But
instead of keeping the ranges in that order, it converts
them to cells so the print_area becomes J139:ER193.  This
wouldn't be a problem, except that the pages aren't in the
correct order in the worksheet, so when I print I get page
6, 7, 8, 13, 1....  So I ask, is there a simple way to do
this in excel?

I also tried to write a macro to do this, and the macro
looks like...

    Range("Page1").Select
    Selection.PrintOut Copies:=1, Collate:=True
    Range("Page2").Select
    Selection.PrintOut Copies:=1, Collate:=True
    Range("Page3").Select
    Selection.PrintOut Copies:=1, Collate:=True

This works 90% of the time, but since this sends 16 one
page requests to the printer, rather than one 16 page
request, there is occasionaly a page out of order.  So my
second question is, is there a way to do something
similiar to this, but instead just sends one request to
the printer that is 16 pages?  Thanks in advance!
0
ehringer (3)

This might be a lot more work than just manually collating the paper, but...

Maybe you could print to a file (16 times).  Then build an old .bat file that
copies those in the correct order to the printer:

copy /b myPrn01.prn + myPrn02.prn + myprn03.prn + ... + myprn16.prn lpt1:

But be careful.  You can't just send these 16 prn files to any printer.  You
have to send it to the same type printer that you used to create the .prn files.

In xl2k (and higher), you can actually specify the filename to print to.  In
xl97, you'll be prompted for a filename (I think).

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

Justify text across multiple columns
I have used Edit, Fill, Justify to fill rows with text within the boundaries of a set number of columns, but the text in each row is left justified. How do I justify the text (even spacing) in each row. If I highlight all of the text (multiple columns and rows) and then select Format, Cells, Alignment, Justify; Excel jams all the text into the first column. I know I could use a text box, but I'd prefer not to. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. -Dave Hi Dave, Select the cells you want to center on. Under Format > Alignment > Horizontal drop down > Center across se...

Contact with multiple Email Addresses
I have the Tracking device on in CRM 4.0, which is tracking all incoming and outgoing emails for leads, contacts and accounts. I am wondering if it is possible to add/track multiple email addresses for one contact. Is there anyway to associate more than one email address for an entity? Thanks, Geoff A contact (and also account and lead) has three e-mail fields. CRM uses all these fields for email tracking. -- Patrick Verbeeten (MCPD) CRM/.NET Consultant Aviva IT Tools for CRM Developers and Administrators http://www.patrickverbeeten.com/Tools.aspx "Geoff" wrote: >...

Strange Excel Problem (not printing): Excel 2004 & Leopard
Hi - I'm new here, and I'm happy to see a forum like this around - this is the first time I've stumbled on it. I recently installed Leopard, and I'm waiting until Office 2008 comes to our campus (i'm a staff member at UT). In the meantime, Excel is acting really strangely, including behavior like no longer allowing me to type directly in a cell until i double-click inside it. I haven't changed anything in the preferences or unchecked the box allowing one to edit in a cell directly. Previously I could click on a cell, start typing, and it would register my text - no ...

Printing multi-page and multi-orientation excel tab to PDF
Could someone let me know if it is possible to print a multi-page tab in Excel to a PDF with multiple page orientations? Currently, I am setting the print area for each of the four pages and then printing each page seperatly to a PDF. Once complete I am combining each page into one PDF. I need all pages to print to one PDF with the proper size and orientation. My code is included below. Thank you in adavance for your help, Joe M Private Sub CommandButton2_Click() ans = MsgBox("Do you want to Export the Input page to PDF?", vbYesNo, "Confirmation"...

A4 13.97 x 21.59 Booklet printing Publisher 2007
I'm having trouble with margins, on the computer the picture lloks fine, but when i print it out there ia a huge gap on the right side! I've tried altering the margins and the master page but to no avail! help! Affy wrote: > I'm having trouble with margins, on the computer the picture lloks fine, but > when i print it out there ia a huge gap on the right side! I've tried > altering the margins and the master page but to no avail! help! A4 isn't 13.97x21.59 (or 2x that); that sounds like letter-sized paper. A4 is 297x210mm; a half-A4 booklet would be 14.9...

Can I use named range in data range box when creating pie chart?
I have 75 pie charts to create today. Is there a way to use named ranges in the data range box to speed this up? Yes. Just type in the name. -- George Nicholson Remove 'Junk' from return address. "BJackson" <BJackson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0DE9A0AD-C3BA-4242-B3BA-3CC3F0D87894@microsoft.com... >I have 75 pie charts to create today. Is there a way to use named ranges >in > the data range box to speed this up? Thank you! I was making it too difficult, thinking I needed to include the Sheet name along with the name range. ...

Send Brochure Electronically like It appear as if in print
I am re-posting this because someone replied to send as an attachment, but that doesn't have it appear as a 3 page panel brochure- does someone know how to do this (see below) I want to save my brochure so that it is not just 2 pages but looks like a 3 panel brochure that I would print -but I want to include it in an email and have it look like a 3 panel brochure is that possible. I was having trouble publishing to web-put I don't want to publish to a web page, just have someone who I want look at this brochure in electronic form but look at it as it would be if they received it if I...

Multiple Versions of Office Apps
Version: v.X Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC I have not upgraded to Office 2008 because the budgeting programs I use in Excel require macros. I do, however, want to upgrade Entourage for better Exchange compatibility. If I install Office 2008, can I still keep my Office X version of Excel on the same system (PowerBook G4)? Will there be conflicts? Thanks, -Jd On 3/25/08 9:04 AM, in article ee95f9d.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "jdbrewer@officeformac.com" <jdbrewer@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: v.X > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tig...

Comparing 2 coulumns in different worksheets and printing the rows that match
hello, Sorry to bother everyone. I am trying to learn some Visual Basic t maybe make a function that woudl do what i need, but that is goin slow. What i am trying to do follows. Workbook: NeededPatches.xls sheet1: Srvneed sheet2: ITPatches sheet3: Final I have created a perl script that uses the microsft progra hfnetchk.exe to find what patches are needed on all of our systems her at work. it gives me a text print out that is tab delimited and import that into excel on the *Srvneed* sheet. *Column B* in this shee has the patch numbers for what is needed. Now our IT security also has a lis...

More on "Data Range"
This is wonderful for using "OFFSET" for a Dynamic Range Name for a Chart "Data Range"...http://processtrends.com/pg_dynamic_charts.htm Thank you again Kelly O'Day. It includes, for the X-Axis Dynamic Range Name... "Refers to:" ---> =OFFSET(dyn_ranges!$A$2,0,0,COUNTA(dyn_ranges!$A$A)-1) Currently, I'm using Column A to receive several Ranges for Charts from Access Automation. The...COUNTA(dyn_ranges!$A$A) will Count Entries in Column A from Cell $A$2 down. Other than separating the Ranges...IE.. For Chart 1...Columns A:B ---> COUNTA(dyn_ranges!$...

Macro to sort variable data range fails
Hi, Can you please help me identify why this macro is failing with the following error? Runtime error 1004: Sort method of Range class failed Row 7 is the header row Data range has a variable number of rows (so using end(xldown) to select the range) Using column BA to select a contiguous range of cells as all cells are populated in the column Then using that selection to select entire rows in my list Sorting as per criteria using row 7 as header row Rows("7:7").Select Range("BA7").Activate Range(ActiveCell, ActiveCell.End(xlDown)).Select ...

Textbox on chart doesn't print in Office 2003, but does in 2007
I have some charts that I create through C# code on a "template" worksheet and then copy it over to a new worksheet using the following code. When looking at the chart.Shapes, I can see the three Textbox objects that I want and these are the only shapes available. I can see them on the screen in both Excel 2003 and 2007 correctly. When I print in 2003 though, the textboxes don't appear like they do for 2007. Can anyone shed some light on why this might be happening? // Copy the images and charts (note index starts at 1) for (int z = 1; z <= wsTemplate.Shapes.Count; ...

how to print a blank invoice in money 2004?
ok there has got to be a way to print a blank invoice in money 2004 right? the program would be useless to most people if you can't print a blank one for the service call away from your desk so please if you have done this show me how I,m new at this thanks jim I don't think you can without first designating a customer. And then, MSMo won't let you print an invoice without adding at least one item. I would suggest you greate a invoice in Excel, powerpoint or word to take with you -- or better yet stop in Staples a buy a bunch of blank invoices for a couple of bucks. &g...

Print Preview Freezes Excel
When I open Print Preview then go back to my spreadsheet, everything kind of freezes up. It becomes really slow and just seems to be hosed. If I do a C: net stop spooler or if I turn of my page break option, everything is back to normal, but I need those features. Is there a fix to this, or has anyone had a similiar problem? -Joel Hi Joel I read that this is possible a problem with your xlb file Close Excel Do a search for .xlb in windows Rename the file (mine is named Excel10.xlb in 2002) Start Excel Deleting the file or renaming will do no harm on your system Excel will create a...

How do I increase the Font size of Calendar for taking prints?
I want to increase the font size of Outlook Calendar for taking Print-outs Font size is found in Page Setup How do I increase the Font size of Calen wrote: > I want to increase the font size of Outlook Calendar for taking Print-outs Another option is using a MS Office addin app called WinCalendar. It allows full control over fonts (+ can further edit). It allows you to render your Outlook Calendar as both MS Word and Excel formats. See here fore screen shots and more info: http://www.wincalendar.com/calendar-maker.html ...

Printing a single label
In Publisher 2003 I can design a label to print on Avery paper but I cannot see how to print just one label instead of a whole sheet. Can it be done? Beemer Of course it can. Publisher is a page layout application and you don't have to use templates or wizards to accomplish simple tasks such as label printing. On a blank page, create a text frame and position it so it corresponds to the label position on the sheet. -- Ron "Beemer" <Beemer@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:uGGIG4J4FHA.2816@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > In Publisher 2003 I can design a label to pr...

Multiple Worksheets
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) How can I copy same info between worksheets? You need to be more specific about what you're trying to accomplish... For what little you've disclosed regular copy/paste will work, but storing duplicate copies of the same data on multiple sheets [or in multiple workbooks] is redundant & inefficient. I'm sure you're clear in your own mind what you're trying to do, but these one-liners do not effectively convey what you're thinking :-) Also, it's fine to post multiple questions & use sepa...

Range name Problem
I have created a range name XYZ23 refering to a column of data in sheet1. On sheet 2 I typed XYZ23 in cell A3. Why does =COUNT(A3) typed in B3 return a 0 when =COUNT(XYZ23) return the correct count? Hi use =COUNT(INDIRECT(A3)) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Landmine" <Landmine@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:FF9F16A2-ACC7-44DA-8DE9-BCD60D18B791@microsoft.com... > I have created a range name XYZ23 refering to a column of data in sheet1. On > sheet 2 I typed XYZ23 in cell A3. Why does =COUNT(A3) typed in B3 return a 0 > when =C...

How to troubleshoot Excel spreadsheet printing
I downloaded an Excel self calculating invoice template and it saves OK, it changes OK, it goes to preview perfect, but will not print on my printer? Did I save it incorrecly (to Excel workbook), I did a repair run on Office, I am stymied and need a hand. Try the Control Panel / hardware devices / go to your printer and run troubleshoot from there. Possibly not an EXCEL problem at all. Please hit yes if my comments have helped. Thanks. "koegg58" wrote: > I downloaded an Excel self calculating invoice template and it saves OK, it > changes OK, it g...

selecting a series of worksheets for printing not whole workbook
Can this be done? I have 5 sheets in the book but want to print only 3 of teh worksheets. When I look at the File/print/ it only gives me the option of the whole book? Ta Mike You can group the 3 sheets you want. Select the first sheet, ctrl-click on the subsequent tabs and then print. Remember to ungroup the sheets when you're done. MikeR-Oz wrote: > > Can this be done? I have 5 sheets in the book but want to print only 3 of teh > worksheets. When I look at the File/print/ it only gives me the option of > the whole book? > > Ta > > Mike -- Dave Pe...

missing lines when printing...
In a forward I got: >What would cause a document to not print correctly? John >is printing a spreadsheet from Excel that he received in >an email. Some of the fields are being omitted from the >printed copy vs. what we can see on the screen. He says >that it is happening in some of the spreadsheets he >creates himself. Any ideas? He tried printing it on another printer, and those seemed to work fine he said. Any ideas anyone? Every printer has its own specifications for printing, that is the reason that if you have no printer installed you can't see a print...

Defining ranges #2
Got it! That's Brilliant! Thanks mate -- Sivods ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Sivodsi's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1478 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26450 And don't forget the Define Name dialog (Ctrl-F3) for finding/editing/deleting names. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "Sivodsi" <Sivodsi.1dc8ry@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:Sivodsi.1dc8ry@excelforum-nospam.com... | | Got it! That's Brilliant! | Thanks mate! | | | -- | Si...

Need a report to print fields in Excel in a certain order
I've got a client that needs the data we collect to show up in a certain order in an excel speadsheet. Instead of my having to rewrite and reorganized the form that the data is collected I'd like to know if there's a way for me to export the data in the order they want to see it. Can this be done using the report tab from access? and if it can how do I go about to do it? Just to let you know I'm not that experienced in programming and stuff so I'll need step by step directions. Thanks for your help in advance. Ace MJ Waldor -- Your One Stop Public Reco...

Create value list from a range of values
I've got a range of cells containing state abbrev. that I want to lis in another range excluding all duplicated states abbrev's. Is there a way to list the non-duplicated values automatically with function? I've tried using the excel Data Filter menu but it seems that needs t be performed manually. I need a function that automatically calculate when there is a change or addition to my list of states. Thanks for your help.. -- mallets12 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mallets123's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=...

How can I host multiple domain with single EX2003?
Dear all, As titled... Should I configure the server to bind another IP address to host another domain??? If yes, it's undoubtable to waste IP address.... Please help, thanks.... You mean multiple SMTP domains? If so, check out this article, which applies to E2k3 as well: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF010.html -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchange.co.uk "Keith Ko" <Unavailable@127.in-addr.arpa> wrote in message news:uB3Yl9w5DHA.360@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Dear all, As titled... > > Should ...