Printing Multiple Ranges

I have a worksheet that has 16 different ranges (entitled
Page1, Page2, ..., Page16).  I want to print each page in
its correct order.  So I go to Page Setup and make the
print area be "Page1, Page2, Page3" and so on.  But
instead of keeping the ranges in that order, it converts
them to cells so the print_area becomes J139:ER193.  This
wouldn't be a problem, except that the pages aren't in the
correct order in the worksheet, so when I print I get page
6, 7, 8, 13, 1....  So I ask, is there a simple way to do
this in excel?

I also tried to write a macro to do this, and the macro
looks like...

    Range("Page1").Select
    Selection.PrintOut Copies:=1, Collate:=True
    Range("Page2").Select
    Selection.PrintOut Copies:=1, Collate:=True
    Range("Page3").Select
    Selection.PrintOut Copies:=1, Collate:=True

This works 90% of the time, but since this sends 16 one
page requests to the printer, rather than one 16 page
request, there is occasionaly a page out of order.  So my
second question is, is there a way to do something
similiar to this, but instead just sends one request to
the printer that is 16 pages?  Thanks in advance!
0
ehringer (3)

This might be a lot more work than just manually collating the paper, but...

Maybe you could print to a file (16 times).  Then build an old .bat file that
copies those in the correct order to the printer:

copy /b myPrn01.prn + myPrn02.prn + myprn03.prn + ... + myprn16.prn lpt1:

But be careful.  You can't just send these 16 prn files to any printer.  You
have to send it to the same type printer that you used to create the .prn files.

In xl2k (and higher), you can actually specify the filename to print to.  In
xl97, you'll be prompted for a filename (I think).

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

Printing fast on a dot matrix printer
How does one print fast on a dot matrix printer without any doule print or draft ourput which does not appear on the print properties when you select Epson dot matrix printer. There are 17 columns in a report that I want to print but without any double printing or printing the same line twice.(I have suceeded in doing that) i.e in quick mode. One could easily do that in lotus1-2-3. Please let me know ASAP. Thanks -- LEARNING MS OFFICE THOROUGHLLY ...

Why when I print out a spreadsheet on Excel it doesn't have lines
Please tell me how to get lines(rows and columns) on my paper when I print out my spreadsheet using excel? Go to the File menu and choose Page Setup. There, select the Sheet tab and put a check mark in the Gridlines checkbox. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "johnson001" <johnson001@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FB9FAA5D-7856-4680-8F08-BB0D999F5C05@microsoft.com... > Please tell me how to get lines(rows and columns) on my paper > when I print > out my spreadsheet using excel...

data range is too complex.
I am just changing over to excel 2007. . Most of my data will update to the embedded chart just fine but one tells me "the data range is too complex to be displayed. I don't know how to fix it -- Thanks for all your help. God Bless, Frank I had one like it and all I did to fix it was select the chart and right click on it, select data-> click on the icon at far right of Chart Data Range, use the mouse to select the data range, click on the icon at far right then OK. Note: If there are multiple ranges and the ranges are not adjacent, select the first range then hold the Ct...

getting data from date range
hi here is what I need. I need to run a query that picks the data i specify from this week's Monday back to and including the previous week's Monday. i need it to run this way in case the query is not run on Monday. Example: if I were to run it today, i would get data from 3/15/2010 back to and including 3/8/2010. If i run it tomorrow, I get the same data. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks On Thu, 18 Mar 2010 08:53:06 -0700 (PDT), pat67 <pbuscio@comcast.net> wrote: >hi here is what I need. I need to run a query that picks the data i >specify from this w...

How do I get Excel to display a range of cells with a check box?
I am trying to get excel to disply a range of cells when a check box is checked and hide them when it is not checked. bobm, I am not one of the VBA experts, but if your range is in a column and your checkbox is from the control toolbox and not from the Forms toolbar this code should work. Private Sub CheckBox1_Click() Dim i As Boolean Dim rng1 As Range Application.DisplayAlerts = False i = CheckBox1.Value Set rng1 = Range("D1:D25") 'Change to suit your needs If i = True Then rng1.EntireColumn.Hidden = True Else rng1.EntireColumn.Hidden = False End If Application.DisplayAl...

Search for mail in multiple PST files
I have about 90 pst files that I need to search for mail with about a dozen terms and phrases. Outlook will only allow you to search one pst at a time, and I've tried Google Desktop and MS Desktop Search and they are not effectively indexing all the emails, but even if they did I cannot effectively export the results to a file. Does anyone know of a utility or method that would work best for this? http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA011415261033.aspx or http://zyfind.com/products_technology/productsheets/ZyFIND%20for%20Outlook.pdf -- John Oliver, Jr MCSE, MCT, CCNA Exchange...

bar chart prints 1 unwanted horizontal row of dots & tick marks?
Office Excel 2007. Anyone encounter this? The sheet I'm printing is 19 columns wide by 69 rows high with portrait orientation. Bar chart is set between row 25 and 47 horizontally. The x-axis is increasing months. 2 vertical bars are set between the major gridlines. It so happens that the chart vertical gridlines are very close to lining up with the spreadsheet cells above/below the chart. Print preview shows nothing unusual, but when printed, 1 row right throught the middle of the chart has 1 to 2 dots and a character high tick mark appear to the right of each right most(second) bar...

Printing Tent Cards
I'm using Word 2003 & trying to print several tent cards with a single name on them. The first three printed fine and were centered. All of a sudden, they're printing to the left, but not quite left justified. What happened? How do I fix this? Thanks Maybe you accidentally touched a key combination that changed to left- justify, and your paragraph style has an indent? Turn on Show Non-Printing Characters (Ctrl-Shift-8) to be sure you don't have stray spaces or tabs or something before the line, and be sure to use the correct paragraph style (are you using a d...

Conditional Printing of Certain Fields in A Report
i need to have a conditional printing of some fields (SEE BELOW) VENDOR SHARE $999.99 LESS TAX $999.99 country ENGLAND tax (%) 20% AMT DUE $999.99 how do I print only these 5 lines when the tax amount is not zero. Also how do i combine line 2,3 & 4 and looks like LESS ENGLAND (20%) TAX instead. I tried doing the following: ="LESS" & [COUNTRY] &"(" &[TAX (%)] &")" in the control source but i got a #ERROR error Any help would be appreciated. Kevin T <Kevin T@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >i need to...

Autopopulate Multiple Fields in Table Using a Form
I have a form based on a table where I want to store data. The data to store comes from combo boxes based on various lookup tables. The wrinkle is that there is one lookup table that contains 2 fields of data (questionnum and question) I want stored in the table once the questionnum is selected. The question field is formatted as 'memo'. When I create the combo box the question field is not an option for selection. I add it manually to the properties after completing the criteria for the combo box. I have been struggling with the code used to autopopulate more than one field but...

invoicing with multiple bin
Why invoicing can not be used while using multiple bin in inventory? what does it mean? thanks Ala’a, Unfortunately invoicing module simply does not support inventory bins, you need either to disable your inventory bins from “Microsoft Dynamics GP menu >> Setup >> Inventory >> Inventory Control” “Enable Multiple Bins checkbox” or to use Sales Order Processing instead to generate your invoices. Regards, -- Mohammad R. Daoud MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS Mob: +962 - 79 -999 65 85 Great Package For Business Solutions daoudm@greatpbs.com http://www.greatpbs.com http://mohda...

Selecting A single Month From a Table with Multiple Months
The following code is used as the criteria in a selct query for a date field: >=DateSerial(Year(Date()),Month(Date())-1,1) And <=DateSerial(Year(Date()),Month(Date()),0) It has worked fine until the table included records from January 2010, database was created in 2009. Is there a fix or a better way to accomplish the intent? Not sure what your problem is the expressions you have return the first and last day of the prior month. So this is February 3, 2010 and the expression return 1/1/2010 and 1/31/2010. What do you want returned? What is the problem you are ha...

Print multiple pages per Sheet in Excel 2003
I have a spreadsheet with 12 rows that goes for many columns ( with formulas). Is there a way to print this where three pages are on each piece of paper? How about inserting a new worksheet, then copying and pasting (as values) to that new sheet. Then print that "helper" worksheet. If you have to do this lots, this may be worth the trouble. Insert a new sheet. select a nice range on the original sheet Edit|copy go to the new worksheet shift-edit|Paste picture link Repeat so that you have pictures of the ranges so it prints the way you want. Then print this helper worksheet. Th...

Multiple Pivot Tables based on the same data
I have two pivot tables based on the same source. However, each table is unique in how it shows the date. The first shows all thirty days of the month. The second groups the date in 10 day increments. The first table is summed data while the other is averaged data. When I try to set up the second table to group, it also groups the first table even though its' on a different sheet. I remember being able to do this in version 2003. What have I overlooked? Thanks Phil In xl2003, I could create the pivottables as separate entities. I created the first PT and then sta...

Excel Sum with multiple (over 2 criteria)
I've been trying to get this to work for several hours and am at my wits ends. I have a data table with one column of numberical data that i need to sum based upon three or more critria contained in other columns. The data represents investments and their market values. I have named each of the columns with a range name. THe critria as described by their range names and examples of each are : Country - USA, Great Britain, Japan, etc. Currency - USD, EUR, GBP, JPY Type - Bond, Loan, Equity long_short - Long, Short I will do many different formulas once I have one that works. ...

Printing a User Form
I have a user form using columns A-V in Excel which scrolls down to Row 200. Each row contains customer details in the colums A to V e.g, Name/Address/ Contact Numbers/ Age etc. As I scroll down the list of custermers their details appear in the relevant boxes on the User Form. Is it possible when a customers details fill in the relevant boxes that I can print the User Form with just their details. I hane placed a Command Button ( Print ) on the User Form however cannot get it to print. Any help would be much appreciated. Hi Mully, > I hane placed a Command Button ( Print ) on the...

Printing a small publication
I am using Publisher 2000. I have made a small publication consisting of 8 pages size A5. Now I want to print say 3 copies of the publication I have a standard Minolta Magicolor 2430 laser printer, which can only print on one side of the A4 paper (no duplex printing) When I select page 1 and CtrlP, Active page, 3 copies, uncheck sets (I do not know the English term, but I get all page 1 and then all page 2 etc.) and finally OK, the printer prints 3 sheet with page 1 and page 8. (side by side filling the A4 sheet) Now I want to print pages 2 and 7 on the other side of page 1 and 8 by inse...

Excel worksheet saved as web page--trouble printing
I have an worksheet that uses a graphic for a background, which I hav also saved in HTML using the Save as a Web Page option. The web pag looks great--but just like the excel background graphic, th "background" graphic in the webpage won't print out for me. Is there any way to fix this so that the graphic will print when print the web page? Thanks--Ki -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com check the background printing options within the tools, options menu and also the printer properties. hope that helped. >-----Original Message----- >I have an workshee...

How do I print save as files?
Someone sent me an excel spreadsheet. I made some corrections and saved it in the save as option. Now its in OLKD and I can not print it or send it back to the customer with the corrections because it can not open. I am totally new at this.Please can someone help me open it for review and to print and maybe move it? Thanks in Advance.Molly You didn't do a Save As and change the directory. It was a temp directory and may or may not be available. If there's any hope, this is it: http://www.gmayor.com/outlook_attachments.htm -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How...

Defining Print Ranges From Pivot Tables
I have a Excel Spreadsheet that contains 3 workbooks, two of which contain data, one of which contains data which my pivot table on the third workbook feeds off. When in the pivot table i have added 4 four more columns of calculations on the right hand side of the pivot table. These columns use data from the pivot table and the data sheet to perform the calculations. As the amount of data changes variably on what is selected from a field within the pivot table i have had to use iserror and isna formulas so when there is only a short table the colums to the right return blanks rather than error...

Why does my Excel document only prints the underscores?
I printed Sheet 1 of 4 and only the underscores printed. All other pages printed correctly. ...

Printing Check Register
Is there anyway to printout the check register in Money 2001? What about later versions? In microsoft.public.money, OhMarty wrote: >Is there anyway to printout the check register in Money 2001? What about >later versions? > 2001 and later versions allow File->Print from the register. You can also Customize the Transaction report to your liking. There you can select the date range and other factors, which may be advantageous. I have Money 2001, but there is no File->Print from the register. Seems like I can only print reports. I would like to print out the register just a...

GP Payroll and HR Report Printing Problem #2
Hi I am using GP9. I am not able to print the report for an employee from cards or reports even in Fabrikam company. It simply shows the Employee master detail Level 3 Total Number of Employee: 0 The user have the all rights to access Payroll & HR We did the check links the result is same But if I add new employee it prints fine no problem. I cant delete all the information of more than 100 employee payroll and HR data and recreate again. Any one can help me solve this problem Thanks in advance Nizham ...

Multiple Payslips
I have a report that prints out payslips, one to the page. There is however room for at least two payslips per page. I have searched for info on how to print multiple payslips per page without success. Any asistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks There is only one record per payslip. The query that is the datasource returns a record for each payslip for every employee. This is an old database using access 97 "Duane Hookom" <duanehookom@NO_SPAMhotmail.com> wrote in message news:DB34A754-1E1E-4477-AE59-FD32B94C843B@microsoft.com... > Are there multiple records per p...

Multiple Calendars but Shared One is Selected
When a shared Calendar or multiple shared calendars are displayed, when swithcing between "Mail" and "Calendar" the other calendar or one of the others is selected when pressing "Calendar" and viewing those calendars. On every other users' machine I have tested the users' calendar is always selected no matter how many shared calendars are in the calendar view. Running Office 2007 on Windows XP - all fully updated with exchange server 2003. I already refreshed roaming and local profile and re-installed office products. Both steps had no ef...