Printing landscape worksheets with footer on left

I know that I must not be the first person to have this problem, but I cannot
find a solution.

I have a workbook that has 20 worksheets.  The orientation varies between
portrait and landscape.  I need the landscape worksheets to print with the
footer on the "left" side, so that when I put the entire report (workbook)
together for presentation, all of the footers are on the bottom, like a book.

I have tried merging the first column (A) and making it the footer with the
font facing left, but it is difficult to make them print evenly on each
sheet.

I have also tried to copy and transpose the worksheet, but when it pastes,
the right column becomes the bottom row and it is tedious to rearrange
everything for some of these complex schedules.

Any help is appreciated!
0
dcraig (5)

Any chance you can print the footers separately--then reload the paper through
the printer?

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

> Any chance you can print the footers separately--then reload the paper through
> the printer?
>

> dcraig wrote:
> >
> > I know that I must not be the first person to have this problem, but I cannot
> > find a solution.
> >
> > I have a workbook that has 20 worksheets.  The orientation varies between
> > portrait and landscape.  I need the landscape worksheets to print with the
> > footer on the "left" side, so that when I put the entire report (workbook)
> > together for presentation, all of the footers are on the bottom, like a book.
> >
> > I have tried merging the first column (A) and making it the footer with the
> > font facing left, but it is difficult to make them print evenly on each
> > sheet.
> >
> > I have also tried to copy and transpose the worksheet, but when it pastes,
> > the right column becomes the bottom row and it is tedious to rearrange
> > everything for some of these complex schedules.
> >
> > Any help is appreciated!
>
> --
>
> Dave Peterson
> ec35720@msn.com

0
dcraig (5)
10/4/2004 11:25:02 PM
Maybe you could import your workbook (or even pictures of your data) into
another application that supports this.

But I don't have any idea if there is such a monster.

Maybe your print shop will have a suggestion--this is a pretty frequent
question.

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

prob.with printing word doc.
greetings, My Word program crashes almost everytime I hit the print button. The last time I tried,it did not crash, but did not print. Instead, it said it was spooling, and stayed there. If it crashes again, what info from the report will be helpful in determining how to fix this problem? If it is a printer driver problem, is it always the printer that I am trying to use to print the word doc.? I have three hooked up at this time. (UPS.etc) The printer that I am trying to use for this doc is practically new. Thanks, JS Make sure that you have the latest driver for your ...

Conditional format that higlights differing data on two worksheets
I have a workbook that contains a worksheet for a single week of any given month and in the sheet I have an individual's time reported for each day of the week. I have a second workbook that contains an individual's time reported by each day for the entire month. I would like to compare the two to determine if there is a mismatch and highlight those cells. The logic goes something like this: (1) I need to match person A in column C of workbook1 to the same name in column C in workbook2. (2) I then need to match the date of the month on workbook 1 & 2 for person A in step #1. (3)...

footer
How can I get a footer (left or/and right leg) in line with a chart placed above? Many thanks for an answer in advance, Sophie In XL, you'll need to manually add spaces, or align the margins so that the chart lines up with the footer. You'll have more control if you link the chart into a Word document... In article <08af01c4f332$5469a2e0$a601280a@phx.gbl>, "sophie" <mawig@gmx.net> wrote: > How can I get a footer (left or/and right leg) in line > with a chart placed above? Many thanks for an answer in > advance, Sophie ...

Printing single labels directly from CRM 4.0
Hi! We are currently moving from CRM 3.0 to CRM 4.0 while at the same time introducing many new users to the system. One feature that we would like to have, partly to satisfy new users, would be to print individual account's or contact's addresses to a labelwriter. Basically, the idea would be that from any view you could select 1-n accounts or contacts, then click print label on the toolbar, and then the labels would print from your selected labelprinter. Especially when printing only one or a few labels, this approach would be preferable to printing eg through mailmerge. I'm n...

Viewing / Printing more than two pages at once
I'm working on a publication, and I'd like to get a proper overview of it (balance of pictures etc) However, I can only view two pages at a time. Is it possible to view lots of little pages - say 8-10 at a time? Like you can in Powerpoint. If not, can I print lots of pages on one sheet? In the Print setup I can only get two pages at a time. Only in print preview. On the toolbar there is an icon that you can select to show you multiple pages. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "KMcA" <KMcA@discus...

Printing large cells
I have a spreadsheet in which many of the cells are very large. When the spreadsheet is printed, not all of the large cell contents print. How do I get all of the cell contents to print? ...

data labels disappear from graph when i close the worksheet
I have added datalabels to a bar graph. But they go away when i close the worksheet despite having saved the changes. Could any one elt me know why this is happening? Thanks ...

How to Print string (Windows Printer) using RMS QSRules.
A windows printer is set as a receipt printer for a register. I need to print strings to this printer using RMS QSRules. How can I do this? I tried using Register.ActivePrinter.PrintNormal(Station as Long,Data as String) but it won't work. By the way, what is Station in the parameter? ...

FORECASTING SALES (please let this be a worksheet function)
Hi I have recently been given the task by my boss to forecast one of ou key customers monthly usage until monthly until end of 2006, I am starting with this customers indidual branches monthly usage fo the past 3 years, Some branches will have opened and closed during thi time, And i am looking to be able to predict monthly usage for the nex 18 months Has anyone got any idea's on the best way to forcast within excel, I a currently using trend (fomulae given to me on this sight) but people ar saying this is not the best way Exponentionally has been mentioned by a few of my collegues but...

Print employee record summary Inquiry report
How do i print the employee record summary Inquiry report? There's not a report you can print from the window. You can either do a screen shot of it or create a custom report. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Hazvi" wrote: > How do i print the employee record summary Inquiry report? ...

Combine rows to print on one label
I have imported student information into an excel spreadsheet (use Excel 2003). Each student has one row of information for each course they take. I need to print one label for each student and each course & grade must print on a single label. How do I combine the rows to cause this to happen? assuming the info in the row is divided into separate columns for name, course, grade, etc you can do a mail merge in word using the spreadsheet as the data source "Clearcreek" wrote: > I have imported student information into an excel spreadsheet (use Excel > 2...

Print dialog box using VBA in excel
Hi Everyone, I like to add a print button (that will select several worksheets and print them) in my excel worksheet. I have recorded my action using the macro recorder the problem is I can't select the printer everytime I run the macro it print in the background without asking the user to select the printer and uses the default printer. Can anyone help?? I just want the user to be able to select the desired printer every time before printing. My current code: Sub Print_All() Sheets(Array("Sheet 1", "Sheet 2", "Sheet 3", "Sheet 5)).Select 'intent...

Excel XP will not print
I had to reformat my hard drive and I have reinstaled Office XP Pro and I can print any thing to any printer in my house but Excel will not print to the local printer. Everything else prints to it just fine. Outlook, Word, Access.... everything. It never pops up an error. I see it go to the printer and it never prints. If I try to print it to one of my other printers it will print about 10% of the time. Please, can anyone help me. Try (in Excel) going to File, Page Setup, and reduce the print quality to a lower dpi setting. Then print again... MRO "Chris" <cfshamblin@ne...

Adding User Name to footer
I have spreadsheets that go out to a number of users, and they make various changes and print out for themselves. The problems is that no-one knows which version to pick up from a central printer. Can I add the user name to the footer. I also have the path and file in the same area. I would like to end up with : User Name printed 'path/file' on 'date' ...

Know how to print the paperclip icons for attachments in oultlook 2003.
Hello, I have been looking on Microsoft's website, and other resources, but have no found the solution. Situation: In oulook 2000, when you print an email - at the top is the TO:, FROM:, Subject, CC:, and attachment:. My problem is that in Outlook 2003, the print option for the attachment is missing. Does anyone have a work around? Thanks, Joe Cooper joe.cooper@geek.com ...

Borders not printing at all
Publisher 2000, making a flyer and no borders are printing. I moved all borders in 2 inches just to test and still border is not printing. Any ideas? guitarman <guitarman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Publisher 2000, making a flyer and no borders are printing. Borders for what? Explain. > I moved all borders in 2 inches just to test and still border > is not printing. Any ideas? Printer make and model? hp t45xi officejet. Thanks! "Uncle Grumpy" wrote: > guitarman <guitarman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > > >Publisher 2000, making ...

Fonts do not print in colur used when document created.
When I create a document in either Word ot Publisher the text is not always printed in the colour selected. This problem seems particular to Red & Blue. can any one help please. Peeter Have you tried some maintenance on your printer? Are you saving as a PDF? This problem has been reported using Microsoft's save as add-in. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Peter Piper" <PeterPiper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:76737C66-2B07-42DF-BFC5-828A14CE135F@microsoft.com... > When I create a document in either Word ot Publisher t...

Change the format of my footer {date} option?
I would like to show the date in my footer as January 25, 2005 instead of the default 01/25/05 Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) With ActiveSheet .PageSetup.LeftFooter = Format(Date, "mmmm dd, yyyy") End With End Sub put this in the ThisWorkbook code module. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Tori" <Tori@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:817363F1-32AB-4528-B1D6-304F8E712EA8@microsoft.com... > I would like to show the date in my footer as January 25, 2005 instead of the &g...

print startup tab of msconfig
dose any one have a safe way to print the start up tab of msconfig "Smiles" <smile_inspector@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OIfsmfhvKHA.1984@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > dose any one have a safe way to print the start up tab of msconfig If you use a screen capture utility to get a PICTURE of the appropriate tab of msconfig, you should then be able to print the picture easily enough using the standard methods. I have Gadwin Print Screen on my computer and used it just now to capture images of the start tab of msconfig. The pictures created by the screen ...

Extra pages in form printing
I have a form that exceeds a single printed page. When it is printed extra pages are produced. The extra pages occur after the first printed page but before the rest of the page of the form is printed and another extra page after the rest of the page is printed. The extra pages contain the same background used in the form. In design view I've made sure to shorten up the background to be even with the footer but it doesn't seem to help. Any suggestion on how to get rid of the extra pages in my printout? Thanks. -- Linda I still do not understand why people print forms. For...

Printing Form 1096
This function should be included in the software! ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=20ff4f89-dda7-4896-96f2-6d18c0df63b1&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains T...

Max Row Height not long enough to print
How can I have text in a cell that is longer than the maximum row height (409) print? Hi Dee You can use a text box from the Drawing tool -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Dee" <Dee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9531E0F9-61F8-4226-9459-2478595CE814@microsoft.com... > How can I have text in a cell that is longer than the maximum row height > (409) print? Thanks Ron, The only problem is that most of the cells will have this problem. :) Dee "Ron de Bruin" wrote: > Hi Dee > > You can use a text box from ...

Convert Publisher files to PDF or PS for commercial printing? How?
I was interested in an exchange I just read here about converting publisher files to PDF or PS and then taking them to commercial printer. Is there anywhere in the manuals (or help files) that would shed a little more light on that? I do many brochures for various small clients and usually just print them at home using paper direct paper -- probably the MOST expensive, most labor-intensive way to go. But I have never really understood the concept of "pack and go" -- just as I've never really figured out how to use PS fonts on my cheapie HP home printer. Anybody who cou...

Grand total in report footer?
In doing a report, can you perform a grand subtotal of records by a category? For example if you have 50 records of people who served in the military and 1 field categorizes them by Soldier, Sailor, Marine or Airmen (But you do not want to sort by this field). Can a grand total be created in the report footer that shows me how many are in each category? -- Rose So you want to provide *another* summary of the data at the end of the report? Use a subreport in the Report Footer section. The subreport's Record Source will be a query that groups and counts as desired. It's all v...

Labels should be easier to print #2
There are almost a dozen steps needed to print just one barcode label. This could be simplified onto one window to select the printer, label type, and quantity. It would also be nice to always have the label printer as the default for this type of printing. ...