Printing is different from different computers

We store Excel files on one computer on our network and print on to one
network printer but can access these files from other computers and print
from these other computers. We have found that certain documents (not all)
print at a different size when using one computer compared to the others.
Nothing seems different and other Excel documents print out identically from
all computers. Any ideas, please?

maybe using a font the computer doesn't have and it is using a substitute?

"KT" wrote:

> We store Excel files on one computer on our network and print on to one
> network printer but can access these files from other computers and print
> from these other computers. We have found that certain documents (not all)
> print at a different size when using one computer compared to the others.
> Nothing seems different and other Excel documents print out identically from
> all computers. Any ideas, please?
Just a couple of ideas:
1. Are you using the same make & model of printer? Sometimes using different
printers will result in a different print out.
2. Have you set up the 'print area & size' then saved your Excel Worksheet?

"KT" wrote:

> We store Excel files on one computer on our network and print on to one
> network printer but can access these files from other computers and print
> from these other computers. We have found that certain documents (not all)
> print at a different size when using one computer compared to the others.
> Nothing seems different and other Excel documents print out identically from
> all computers. Any ideas, please?

Login to CRM as Different Domain User
Good day everyone, I've just installed the Trial of CRM 4.0 so that we can take a look at it. It's working well, and we have several people entering data into it - so far, so good. I have one question though. We have many computers on the production floor that are 'floaters'. In other words, they stay logged on as a default user who has few permissions, and allow our employees to access OWA and a few other Intranet services when they are on the floor and away from their desks. Is there a way to launch the CRM Web client with different user credentials than those tha...

Use on load trigger to provide Views for different Roles
I would like to provide different user roles with different views for the Account entity. Therefore I would like to use the on load trigger to check which user is logged on (and his user role) and according to this show a defined set of fields (maybe provide standard values as well). Is it possible to hide complete folders? Thx Ronald Lemmen's blog has code to do this: http://ronaldlemmen.blogspot.com/2006_05_01_archive.html -- Tad Thompson "Sascha Reppel" wrote: > I would like to provide different user roles with different views for the > Account entity. Theref...

prob.with printing word doc.
greetings, My Word program crashes almost everytime I hit the print button. The last time I tried,it did not crash, but did not print. Instead, it said it was spooling, and stayed there. If it crashes again, what info from the report will be helpful in determining how to fix this problem? If it is a printer driver problem, is it always the printer that I am trying to use to print the word doc.? I have three hooked up at this time. (UPS.etc) The printer that I am trying to use for this doc is practically new. Thanks, JS Make sure that you have the latest driver for your ...

Conditional format that higlights differing data on two worksheets
I have a workbook that contains a worksheet for a single week of any given month and in the sheet I have an individual's time reported for each day of the week. I have a second workbook that contains an individual's time reported by each day for the entire month. I would like to compare the two to determine if there is a mismatch and highlight those cells. The logic goes something like this: (1) I need to match person A in column C of workbook1 to the same name in column C in workbook2. (2) I then need to match the date of the month on workbook 1 & 2 for person A in step #1. (3)...

Viewing / Printing more than two pages at once
I'm working on a publication, and I'd like to get a proper overview of it (balance of pictures etc) However, I can only view two pages at a time. Is it possible to view lots of little pages - say 8-10 at a time? Like you can in Powerpoint. If not, can I print lots of pages on one sheet? In the Print setup I can only get two pages at a time. Only in print preview. On the toolbar there is an icon that you can select to show you multiple pages. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "KMcA" <KMcA@discus...

Printing single labels directly from CRM 4.0
Hi! We are currently moving from CRM 3.0 to CRM 4.0 while at the same time introducing many new users to the system. One feature that we would like to have, partly to satisfy new users, would be to print individual account's or contact's addresses to a labelwriter. Basically, the idea would be that from any view you could select 1-n accounts or contacts, then click print label on the toolbar, and then the labels would print from your selected labelprinter. Especially when printing only one or a few labels, this approach would be preferable to printing eg through mailmerge. I'm n...

Printing large cells
I have a spreadsheet in which many of the cells are very large. When the spreadsheet is printed, not all of the large cell contents print. How do I get all of the cell contents to print? ...

ActiveX looking differently in test container and Excel
Hi, I developed a test ActiveX. When I run it into VC6 test container tool, it's all right: its content is painted into the bounding box of the ActiveX. Instead, when I run it into Excel, its content is painted into a new window. This is a 3D rendering window, created by Coin3D library. It's managed by a class called SoWinExaminerViewer. The class ctor wants a HWND as a "parent window" (e.g. a static control in a dialog box, etc.). As parent window, I use in my code the m_hWnd member of the ActiveX. It is OK when the ActiveX is run into VC6 test container, but a new wind...

How to Print string (Windows Printer) using RMS QSRules.
A windows printer is set as a receipt printer for a register. I need to print strings to this printer using RMS QSRules. How can I do this? I tried using Register.ActivePrinter.PrintNormal(Station as Long,Data as String) but it won't work. By the way, what is Station in the parameter? ...

My computer has stopped recognizing my memory card
This just happened today. The card was purchased the day after Thanksgiving so it's very new. It is a 4GB SD card from HP. I don't believe this is a hardware problem as my digital camera Lexar 1GB Memory Stick Duo card and adapter worked just fine today in the same slot. There has been no damage to the card. It has a write-protection lock on the side and I've tried the card with and without the lock on - neither way worked. I've also checked "My Computer" and confirmed that the computer is not listing my card as a drive any longer. I really need to get t...

Print employee record summary Inquiry report
How do i print the employee record summary Inquiry report? There's not a report you can print from the window. You can either do a screen shot of it or create a custom report. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Hazvi" wrote: > How do i print the employee record summary Inquiry report? ...

Combine rows to print on one label
I have imported student information into an excel spreadsheet (use Excel 2003). Each student has one row of information for each course they take. I need to print one label for each student and each course & grade must print on a single label. How do I combine the rows to cause this to happen? assuming the info in the row is divided into separate columns for name, course, grade, etc you can do a mail merge in word using the spreadsheet as the data source "Clearcreek" wrote: > I have imported student information into an excel spreadsheet (use Excel > 2...

Print dialog box using VBA in excel
Hi Everyone, I like to add a print button (that will select several worksheets and print them) in my excel worksheet. I have recorded my action using the macro recorder the problem is I can't select the printer everytime I run the macro it print in the background without asking the user to select the printer and uses the default printer. Can anyone help?? I just want the user to be able to select the desired printer every time before printing. My current code: Sub Print_All() Sheets(Array("Sheet 1", "Sheet 2", "Sheet 3", "Sheet 5)).Select 'intent...

Excel XP will not print
I had to reformat my hard drive and I have reinstaled Office XP Pro and I can print any thing to any printer in my house but Excel will not print to the local printer. Everything else prints to it just fine. Outlook, Word, Access.... everything. It never pops up an error. I see it go to the printer and it never prints. If I try to print it to one of my other printers it will print about 10% of the time. Please, can anyone help me. Try (in Excel) going to File, Page Setup, and reduce the print quality to a lower dpi setting. Then print again... MRO "Chris" <cfshamblin@ne...

Know how to print the paperclip icons for attachments in oultlook 2003.
Hello, I have been looking on Microsoft's website, and other resources, but have no found the solution. Situation: In oulook 2000, when you print an email - at the top is the TO:, FROM:, Subject, CC:, and attachment:. My problem is that in Outlook 2003, the print option for the attachment is missing. Does anyone have a work around? Thanks, Joe Cooper joe.cooper@geek.com ...

Borders not printing at all
Publisher 2000, making a flyer and no borders are printing. I moved all borders in 2 inches just to test and still border is not printing. Any ideas? guitarman <guitarman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Publisher 2000, making a flyer and no borders are printing. Borders for what? Explain. > I moved all borders in 2 inches just to test and still border > is not printing. Any ideas? Printer make and model? hp t45xi officejet. Thanks! "Uncle Grumpy" wrote: > guitarman <guitarman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > > >Publisher 2000, making ...

Moving Exchange DB's to a new server (different name)
In a DR test, we moved SG's to a new server, different server name, same SG and MS name. MS mounts, can not connect to mailbox. Delete mailbox, create a new one, we can then connect. Delete this mailbox, reconnect to the original, and now we can connect. How can we accomplish this in bulk? In other words, after doing a system state restore of AD, then a system state of Exchange, restored MS file, mounted, etc. We were unable to connect to these mailboxes. I am assuming this is related to GUID's. Any thoughts? Users in AD specify a server by name. When you say that you move mailbo...

New computer, outlook locking up
Hello, My boss was having alot of problems with an old 1.5GHz HP laptop, so he asked me to find a new one for a good price. The best price range I found was the $700 dollar range (best bang for the buck). He got a Dell 2.3GHz P4 Dual core, 3GB RAM, 500GB HD, Windows 7 Home premium. Now what sucks is that after importing all his old emails into outlook, everytime it goes into send/receive, outlook freezes for a little bit. I was told earlier that my method for importing emails (just replacing the PST, rather than Data>open) was not good practice, but could that be causing these pro...

print startup tab of msconfig
dose any one have a safe way to print the start up tab of msconfig "Smiles" <smile_inspector@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OIfsmfhvKHA.1984@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > dose any one have a safe way to print the start up tab of msconfig If you use a screen capture utility to get a PICTURE of the appropriate tab of msconfig, you should then be able to print the picture easily enough using the standard methods. I have Gadwin Print Screen on my computer and used it just now to capture images of the start tab of msconfig. The pictures created by the screen ...

Fonts do not print in colur used when document created.
When I create a document in either Word ot Publisher the text is not always printed in the colour selected. This problem seems particular to Red & Blue. can any one help please. Peeter Have you tried some maintenance on your printer? Are you saving as a PDF? This problem has been reported using Microsoft's save as add-in. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Peter Piper" <PeterPiper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:76737C66-2B07-42DF-BFC5-828A14CE135F@microsoft.com... > When I create a document in either Word ot Publisher t...

Extra pages in form printing
I have a form that exceeds a single printed page. When it is printed extra pages are produced. The extra pages occur after the first printed page but before the rest of the page of the form is printed and another extra page after the rest of the page is printed. The extra pages contain the same background used in the form. In design view I've made sure to shorten up the background to be even with the footer but it doesn't seem to help. Any suggestion on how to get rid of the extra pages in my printout? Thanks. -- Linda I still do not understand why people print forms. For...

Printing Form 1096
This function should be included in the software! ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=20ff4f89-dda7-4896-96f2-6d18c0df63b1&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains T...

Max Row Height not long enough to print
How can I have text in a cell that is longer than the maximum row height (409) print? Hi Dee You can use a text box from the Drawing tool -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Dee" <Dee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9531E0F9-61F8-4226-9459-2478595CE814@microsoft.com... > How can I have text in a cell that is longer than the maximum row height > (409) print? Thanks Ron, The only problem is that most of the cells will have this problem. :) Dee "Ron de Bruin" wrote: > Hi Dee > > You can use a text box from ...

Saving emails on the server for 2 computers
We have two computers connected with a router and both have Windows XP home edition on them. Now my desktop I use Outlook Express for emails and I have it set up to save messages on the server until I delete same. That way I can receive emails on both computers. On the laptop I use Microsoft outlook for emails and if I go in and read the emails they automatically delete them from my server and I cannot retrieve them on my desktop in Outlook Express. So. I have tried going into Microsoft outlook on the laptop and gone into, tools, account settings, data files and then I'm lost on ...

Labels should be easier to print #2
There are almost a dozen steps needed to print just one barcode label. This could be simplified onto one window to select the printer, label type, and quantity. It would also be nice to always have the label printer as the default for this type of printing. ...