Printing in landscape

I have a spreadsheet that I have told in page set up to print in lanscape.
Under options in the page set up it always goes back to portrait and when I
click on landscape and then print preview, it still shows it in portrait.
There was a dotted line between two columns where it was not supposed to be
so I went to page break preview and moved the line to the end of the spread
sheet (it's only four columns). It still will not print in lanscape no matter
what i do. Any suggestions?
0
jdarting (1)

Try printing from the File menu. When the Print dialog box appears click on
the Properties... button opposite the printer name.
Select the Features tab and set your Orientation selection to Landscape and
proceed with the printing dialog box.

--
Enjoy the blessings of the day.

jerry
"jdarting" <jdarting@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a spreadsheet that I have told in page set up to print in lanscape.
> Under options in the page set up it always goes back to portrait and when
> click on landscape and then print preview, it still shows it in portrait.
> There was a dotted line between two columns where it was not supposed to
be
> so I went to page break preview and moved the line to the end of the
spread
> sheet (it's only four columns). It still will not print in lanscape no
matter
> what i do. Any suggestions?

Printing a contract
Perhaps I misunderstand the intention of the contracts...but I would like to print a contract so that it can be sent to a customer with details of the agreement. The default print view is uninformative and vague. (example: billing address does not show an address rather an index card that says the name of the billing address). There is no view to customize that I can see. Any ideas? ...

The printer won't print the whole tear-off area. Help!
I've adjusted the layout guides but I can find out how to adjust the printing area. Thanks, Nora Could be the limitations of your printer margins. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Nora" <Nora@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F46E78F7-56EC-4D73-BA14-D0F9A43A056A@microsoft.com... > I've adjusted the layout guides but I can find out how to adjust the printing > area. > Thanks, Nora "Mary Sauer" wrote: > Could be the limitations of your printer margins. &...

When printing note card, part of the first card is missing
I am trying to print note cards that I've created in publisher 2007. Although the sizes and placement are correct, the print preview and actual print cuts a small portion of the first card off. What page setup are you using? Are you using one of the templates? In Publisher 2007 it is better to use one of the page setups that is listed under Avery or some other company. If you are using a custom print setup, when you are finished creating your card, go to File, Print, setup the page again in this dialog. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ ...

Copies: How to reset to 1 in Print Dialog
If my user selects “2” copies in my Print Dialog (derived from CPrintDialog), then fine… he gets 2 copies. The next time he brings up the Print Dialog, the setting for Copies is still “2”. That is not what I want. I note that my version of MS Word has it coming up as “1” each time. I want to re-set it back to “1” automatically each time. Does anybody know how to do that? My best guesses so far are: 1. In the Print Dialog’s OnInitDialog(), call GetDevMode() 2. Set devmode->dmCopies to 1 3. (I have also tried adding: devmode->dmFields |= DM_COPIES) The setting of “1” appears to “take”,...

Background objects printing in front of foreground objects
Hi there, I have a strange problem that I can't seem to fix. I have been given a publication to print that has page numbers inserted in the background. I wanted to remove the numbers for the cover and inside cover and so tried to place a text box with a fill over the top of it as suggested in the help. For some reason, the background page number is printing in front of the foreground text box with fill, even though on screen you can't see the background page number. I've tried doing this in a new publication and it works as expected, so is there a setting somewhere that ...

What settings are needed to print a Publisher two-sided brochure?
I have been trying to print a brochure in Publisher. No matter what settings I use, there is always one side upside-down or the text is flipped, or some other undesirable combination. If there are particular settings that allow my printing to work, please let me know. Thank you very much. Intern <Intern@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I have been trying to print a brochure in Publisher. No matter what > settings I use, there is always one side upside-down or the text is > flipped, or some other undesirable combination. If there are > pa...

Printing #24
I have set up a four page Excel document (A4) to print on both sides of A3. To print I have set up a macro but each time I opperate the macro I have to reset: Properties back to 2 pages per sheet and Advanced setting for Duplex. I am on a networked Sharp -AR C150 printer. Can I script it? Thanks mald yes. do the whole process on record macro. page setup, print ect then review code. you will see you have a lot of options. >-----Original Message----- >I have set up a four page Excel document (A4) to print on both sides of A3. >To print I have set up a macro but each time I ...

A one page report that prints an additional blank page
Hi I have a report that is 1 page and this is how it displays in print preview, however when I print I get a get the report and a blank page! Any suggestions on why this is. (I have not set the database up so it is possible that it may be set like this - if so how do I undo this). Hope you can help! Many thanks Emma -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-reports/200708/1 On Tue, 21 Aug 2007 17:39:22 GMT, Emlou85 via AccessMonster.com wrote: > Hi I have a report that is 1 page and this is how it displays in print > preview, ho...

Easiest way to print AND display data on screen.
I've got a project that involves displaying and printing data. All the data is readonly in Access 2007. All I have to do is display the data using various charts and lists. I'm trying to decide whether to use Access or Excel to display the data. The thing I like about Excel is that I can display the data on the screen and it can also be printed. It seems to me that if I do it in Access I will have to do double the work. I'll have to display charts on a form to show it on the screen but create a report to print it. Is this correct? Is there a way to print a form in Access 20...

How to display interested Access's fields on the screen or print it out.
I have create many tables in Access database, and I want to print al fields in each table with some interested attributes such as fiel width, field type, field comments, etc for browsing . Although Acces supports this details in the window properties, but It shows only field per page that not convenient -- SanguanKPosted from - http://www.officehelp.i "SanguanK" <SanguanK.1wfmj1@NoSpamPleaze.com> wrote in message news:SanguanK.1wfmj1@NoSpamPleaze.com... > > I have create many tables in Access database, and I want to print all > fields in each table with some inte...

Print a BMP
Hi I need to write an application that can print a BMP in its original size (length and width). The application is not a dialog based application so OnPrint event is not expected either thus the printer device context is to be obtained manually too. Please guide me with any helping code available. Regards Usman You need to look at CreateDIBSection(...),BitBlt. structure for printing is:- HDC hdc = CreateDC(...) StartDoc(hdc..) StartPage(hdc) HBITMAP hbm = CreateDIBSection(..) HDC memdc = CreateCompatibleDC(hdc,...) SelectObject(memdc,hbm); BitBlt(...) EndPage(hdc) EndDoc(hdc); -- ...

Printing Barcode From Alias
Is there any way to print a barcode on a label taking the information from an alias in RMS? You shouldn't have to because what ever the barcode is created from either the ILC or the Alias it will bring up the same item. i.e. ItemLookupCode = ITEMA and its Alias = 012345132450 If you create a barcode for either the Alias of the ILC it will bring up ITEMA at the POS. But if you really have to you could try contact Rick Feuling at Rite http://www.rite.us I don't know if his addon does this but I may be worth a try. Rob "leepeach" wrote: > Is there any way to print a...

printing a selection
In the header of the worksheet I have it so it prints "Page 1 of 8" with this Page &[Page] of &[Pages. But when I print using a selection it uses the number of pages that the selection covers instead of the actual number of pages it prints. So for instance it my say Page 1 of 3 on the first page and 2 of 3 on the second and there are only 2 pages printed. Is there a way around this? You could try setting your Print Area to the selection, then just click the Print button. Bart wrote: > In the header of the worksheet I have it so it prints "Page 1 of 8"...

Add gridlines (NOT print or display) for Excel 2007
I know how to add gridlines for Excel 2003. However, someone in their infinite wisdom (yeah?!) decided to make Office 2007 products difficult to use, hard to find icons, unable to set up personal toolbars with favorite icons, etc. I can't find how to ADD gridlines. Through a search of Help, they show you how to display/hide/print/not print, etc. but NOT how to add them. I copied part of a spreadsheet from a 2003 Excel file. BUT, when I add new rows, none of the new rows have gridlines. I can't find how to add thjem. Hi Press the Round Office button>Excel Options>Adv...

Printing a single envelop
When I used Outlook and Word 2000 I am pretty sure I could print an envelop from within Outlook. I then upgraded to Outlook 2003 but did not upgrade Word and lost that capability. I now hove Office Pro 2007 and cannot find the way to print an envelop from the contact page in Outlook. Is it there somewhere? Did I imagine the capability in the 2000 s/w. (Maybe it was Act!.) Thanks it was never a direct feature of outlook. The most you could do was new letter to contact which was removed from outlook 2007 - that allowed you to create an envelope. create an address card view that ...

Print Quantity from a cell
I have created an Invoice form in a tab sheet call Invoices In excel. in this tab sheet "INVOICES" i have 30 bookmarks to separate pe pages example D1 D2 D3 D4 D5 then there's a bookmark and continue to 2nd invoice D6 D7 D8 D9 D10 then there's a bookmark and continue to 3rd invoice and so on untill theres 30 invoices in the sheet. now when there's dat entered in let say D1 then E1 shows 1 as a result using th If(D1="","",1) and same for D6 if there's data entered in it. the E6 shows 1 as a result usin If(D6="","&quo...

Printing comments not available
In excel 2000 want to print comments, but the File - > Print Setup -> Sheet tab -> Comments Options are not selectable (are grey) and I couldn't get why is it so? Can anyone help with it? Thanks! ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

How do I get wysiwyg when printing
When printing most worksheets I get what I see [and set up] in print preview. Specifically the scaling that I have selected. However, when printing "Some" worksheets the scaling is ignored. eg Print preview tells me 5 pages, the printer produces 12 pages. How do I fix this problem?? [I am using Excel 2003] ...

Label Printing #5
I am trying to find out if there is a way that if we receive an item on the PO, that a label would be printed immediately after the item is scanned. I do not have a stand alone label printer, but I will purchase one if this is possible. The information that I would like on the label, would be Item lookup, Description, and Retail Price. I am currently using RMS ver 1.3.0203. The partner that I have been working with does not have any information for me. Hi akpetshop....if your version of 1.3 has a "label" button on the bottom left of your PO screen when you are receiving the i...

Print Issue and Saving Issue
Dear All Firstly, is it possible to use VB code to create a macro that allows m to save multiple worksheets in a workbook as csv files and the name o the csv files to be defined by the tab names... for example UK(Sheet1 would be saved as UK.csv... and so on... Secondly, is it possible to create a macro that prints define worksheets... I only want to print 5 pages of data if there's more tha 5 pages of data and if there's less than 5 pages of data, then prin all... hence all print outs should not be more than 5 pages... Also, a my vb knowledge is limited, i only know how to define my ...

Set print area on several pages at once in Excell Workbook?
How can I set the print area on several pages of an Excell workbook at one time instead of having to set it one page at a time? You would have to write a macro to do this. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "willow" <willow@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6A934EF4-AF5F-49F5-9F0A-1BB51A45F66C@microsoft.com... > How can I set the print area on several pages of an Excell > workbook at one > time instead of having to set it one page at a time? When you have the workbook open, ther...

Duplex Printing
I telecommute, and one of my normal tasks is to create a .doc using MS Word 2003 and email it to my boss who prints it. I've been doing this for 2 years and today she asks me-why did you change your printer settings?- because all of a sudden the .doc is printing on both sides of the page. Not only did I not change any settings, I'm not sure where to look for this setting. In any event, my contention is that nothing I do to create the .doc can influence how SHE prints it, but she also claims that she has not changed her printer settings. Am I right, and if not...what could I hav...

printing group header on each page
Hi, I have a report that is grouped and prints the group header on the first page of each group. There are multiple pages for each group. How can I get the group header to print on each page? Thanks, Steve Thanks, works like a charm. "Duane Hookom" wrote: > Set the Group Header's Repeat Section property to Yes. > > -- > Duane Hookom > Microsoft Access MVP > > > "Steve" wrote: > > > Hi, > > > > I have a report that is grouped and prints the group header on the first > > page of each group. There are multiple...

How do you print 2-page per month calendar in Publisher 2003?
I am trying to print a pocket calendar in a 2-page per month format, so that the end result looks like a monthly appointment calendar. With using a Design Gallery calendar as a starting point, I cannot figure out how to split the table, even if I ungroup it from the text box that contains the name of the month. I haven't been able to locate a template from Microsoft that I can use. I would appreciate ideas on how to "make it happen." Thanks for your help! What size? Create a new publication using a calendar template, select the yearly option, ungroup, copy each month ...

IE8 printing problem
Using IE8 Windows XP Pro version 5.1 SP3 When I print or preview the following report, not all the records are displayed. http://tia.ms2soft.com/tcds/rpt_tcls.aspx?req=0003294 records 14, 19, 24, 29, 34, 39, etc. are skipped. This is not a problem with IE7 or Firefox. Any ideas? Thank you. "Steve" <user@msgroups.net/> wrote in message news:eDVrqiEzKHA.3264@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Using IE8 > Windows XP Pro version 5.1 SP3 > > When I print or preview the following report, not all the records are > displayed. > > http://tia.ms2soft.com/tcd...