printing formula definitions

I've got some fairly elaborate formula definitions and I'd
like to be able to print the worksheet to show the
definition and not the output of the formula.

Terri,

CTRL+` (that's the key to the left of "1" on a standard
keyboard) toggles the view between formulae and results.
You can then print to your heart's content!

Cheers, Pete

0
Pete3185 (15)
9/30/2003 2:55:56 PM
Choose Tools/Options/View and check the formulas box, or type CTRL-`
(accent grave - to the left of the 1 and above Tab on US keyboards)

In article <086c01c3875f$e7274820$7d02280a@phx.gbl>,
 "Terri" <Terri.Mathieu@McKesson.Com> wrote:

> I've got some fairly elaborate formula definitions and I'd
> like to be able to print the worksheet to show the
> definition and not the output of the formula.

0
jemcgimpsey (6723)

Printed scaled images pixelated
Whipping up a 400+ item catalog (sarcasm) and I'm importing images from the website which I had previously created. I need to scale them down of course, but when the page is printed, the images are pixelated so bad the image can't be distinguished. It's just a pixelated technicolor blob. Any ideas? Suggestions? Publisher 2002, Epson 1520 printing on ledger sized paper. To respond via email, the typical nospam must be removed. Thank you for any help. My experience has been that when I take something off a web site, I have to first save it in a different format and the...

Print random invoices from multiple batches in one step
Hi, I am looking for a way to print random invoices (invoice #s separted by commas) in one step. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks If you are on v10, you can use the Sales Transactions List from the Navigation Bar (Click on Sales, then select All Sales Transactions) to pick specific invoice numbers. You may then click on the Print Documents option under the Actions toolbar on the ribbon to print those specific documents. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at...

how to print label on the very end of excel sheet
Hi, number of rows in my excel sheet varies. How can I solve following: I want label to be printed in the very end of sheet when printed (after the last row) Thanx alekm Kind of a "rows to repeat at bottom"??? Excel doesn't support this. Can you use the Footer? File|page setup|header/footer tab alekm wrote: > > Hi, > number of rows in my excel sheet varies. > How can I solve following: > I want label to be printed in the very end of sheet when printed (after the > last row) > > Thanx > alekm -- Dave Peterson Can I make specific footer that...

can't print to 11x17; publisher resizes to 8.5x11
Please see the thread http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.publisher/browse_thread/thread/62ab7642d26291e6/6a7e4ba0f3ae6f3b?lnk=st&q=how+to+print+11+x+17&rnum=1&hl=en#6a7e4ba0f3ae6f3b To summarize, using Pub2003, windxp sp2, epson 1280, with ALL settings set to print at 11x17 (inc. the driver default setting), when the status monitor appears and the document begins printing, the status monitor says 8.5x11, and the document size is reduced to 8.5x11. I have the exact same problem, which AFAIK has never been resolved. I am sure it is NOT a printer driver issue, bec...

Excel formulas to create large blocks of text
I can't seem to use formulas in Excel 97 to produce blocks of text that are bigger than about 1000 characters. I have gotten around the length restrictions of the formulas themselves by doing a lot of concatenating of strings, but I have found no way to increase the volume of text that a formula generates. Instead of 1000 characters, I need about 3500 characters. Is there any way to achieve this? Thank you to whoever can help me with this. Greg Hi Greg- From Excel 2000 Help (I believe this applies to '97 as well); Length of cell contents (text) 32,767 characters. Only 1,024 displ...

How to Auto Reference Worksheet Tab ID's in Formulas?
In my workbook (2003) used to track disaster costs, I have some 60 different worksheets. On the Summary page, the cells pull data from the individual worksheets. On the Summary page, there are some 60 rows. Each row pulls data from a different worksheet; from the same relative cells, just on different sheets. On the Summary page, the first column is text that identifies which tab (worksheet) that row's data is from. My difficulty is having to manually change the formulas in each cell, in every row, so that it pulls the data from the appropriate worksheet. There'...

Designing Print Styles for Forms
I am using Outlook 2002, OS is Windows XP, and I have created a custom form. I need to create a print style that will allow me to define which fields and labels are printed and the location of the fields on the printed page. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks. ...

My printer died. can a publisher 2003 doc be exported and printe.
I need to print a publisher 2003 document. I want to export it if possible and to take it to another printer/computer that does not have publisher on it and print it there. Is athis possible? Not unless you convert it into a .pdf file. Time for a new printer............. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Tonyg" <Tonyg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:168EFC32-9395-4150-964C-08EFA6139FB6@microsoft.com... >I need to print a publisher 2003 document. I want to export it if possible > and to take it to another printer/computer that does not...

Formula problems 02-15-10
Excel 2007 I opened up a spreadsheet with formulas already in it (a blank ready to use) and none of the formulas seem to work. If I enter values the formual does not calculate, if I then reenter the formla after the values it calculates, but if I try to copy the formula to the next cell, it returns the same value as the cell I've copied from, ignoring any values in the cells it relates to, whether already there or entered afresh. The only way to work it would be to enter the formual manually in every cell after the values it related had already been entered. Any one out...

Range of worksheets for printing.
How do I select and then deselect a range of worksheets for printing? Click the tab of the first worksheet, hold the Shift key down and click a second tab. All the worksheets between those two endpoints (inclusive) have been selected--and you can print them, print preview, etc. The selected sheet tabs will appear slightly whiter than the non- selected sheet tabs. If you want particular sheets, then CTRL + click on each of the sheet tabs. To unselect the sheets, click on a different sheet tab (not holding the Shift or CTRL key down). Or rightclick one of the sheet tabs within your s...

Copying sheets from one file to another and keeping the formulas..
I maintain excel sheets that are used as forms that we have clients fill out to select options. The way we are set up is thus. You have a Collection... about 10 of them actually, and underneath them are SUB collections we call Elevations. Now.. the sheets we use are pretty universal, if there's a sheet for one collection.. there's a different version of that same sheet if not the same exact sheet in the other collections. To keep from having to retype or edit all of the formulas i have in them that point to other sheets in that file (ie. a file named "VillasCFP.xls&qu...

How do i print out my spreadsheet with macro buttons?
Question above 1. create your macro using the macro recorder. 2. create your button using the Forms tool bar 3. assign the macro to the button. -- Enjoy the blessings of the day. jerry "Chris...." <Chris....@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CC397D95-1F40-411E-B8C0-1A56AADD6DA3@microsoft.com... > Question above ...

Word docs opening in Print Preview
I just upgraded to Office 2003, and now when I open a Word attachment in Outlook it immediately takes me to a Print Preview screen. Is this an Outlook setting I need to change, or a Word setting?? Thanks! --> Chris ...

HOW TO HIDE FORMULA
Hi everyone, how can i hide formula so that no other can see how have i reached to certain number except me. but still formula wll be working in background. thanx Hi! You can use protection for this. 1. First select the cells where you want the users to enter/change values, then select "Cells" from Format menu On the Protection tab, unselect "Locked" and click OK. 2. Then select the cells where you have the formulas you want to hide and again select "Cells" from the Format menu On the Protection tab, check "Locked" and "Hidden", then cl...

Formula for transposing Row Values to Col Values
Excel2003 ... WS1 ... Row Range L2:Z2 ... Contains Text WS2 ... Col Range B3:B17 ... I wish formula to populate Text from WS1 ==> I know I can do this with Copy/Paste/Special/Transpose ... However, I wish a Formula to do it as I need to apply in additional places ... Thanks ... Kha One way... With Values in A1, B1, C1... use this formula in A3 and drag down =OFFSET($A$1, 0, ROW() - 3, 1, 1) Note that this function is volatile and as such will add a lot of calculation overhead to your spreadsheet. If you use a lot of these your performance will suffer... -- H...

calendar won't print
I have been using Word 2002 for several years to print monthly calendars. Suddenly it won't print the calendar and I can't see it in the print preview. The other various templates that I have tried seem to work okay. This is using the Calendar Wizard. The calendar comes up after creating it but when Print Preview is clicked it shows a blank screen and if printed, prints a blank page. -- Jerry emachine, T2798 Does no one have any ideas about this? -- Jerry emachine, T2798 "Gringo2" wrote: > I have been using Word 2002 for several years to pri...

Filling formulas with specific cell references remaining the same
I need to fill a formula in a range of cells downward, specifically the formula IF(OR(O2=U1,P2=U1,Q2=U1),2-L2,0), with the U1 cell references remaining the same, continuing to refer to U1, while the other cell references (O2, P2, Q2, and L2) change and fill normally. Conversely, I need to be able to fill the formula right with U2 being the only reference that changes. Is this possible to do? If so, how? Doing this manually would take several hours. I am using Excel 2007. A suitable topic to type into Excel help is "relative & absolute addressing" The dollar sign i...

How to print a record in a form by pushing a button in another form ?
Hi ! I'm using MS Access 2003 and Windows XP Professional. I've a form A with a print button on it. Pushing its print button prints the form as it is displaying the current record. Now I 'd like to do the same thing by pushing a print button on another form B. E.g., pushing the button that is on B opens the form A, prints it as it is displaying the current record, and closes it again. How can this be done ? Your kind help will be greatly appreciated. Peter "pschrader" <none@none.de> wrote in message news:%23DLsP4XeIHA.5280@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >...

Basic Excel Formula Question
Good day. I am having problems in getting a formula to work and though maybe you may see the problem. I have 3 seperate ranges to look at before giving 1 of 3 answers. Simply if "cell " is between "number" and "number" then "2" else if "cell" i between "number" and "number" then "3" else if "cell" is betwee "number" and "number" then "4" end if I just didnt see how to use a range or between these numbers. The "cell" is the number I will put in. and "number wi...

Conditional formating with formulas
HELP ME!!!!!!! I have a document that compares budgets(column F) to actuals (column H). I want to set up conditional formatting with 3 conditions and the colour/ formatting to show on the H column. 0-79% of budget = red field 80-99% of budget = orange field 100% + of budget achieved = green field What fomulas would I need for each and which order should I use these as I have read that this is also important..... Any help at all would be brilliant - I have been literally trying to work this out all day !!!!! Thanks very much Laura:confused: -- craigproudfoot --------------------------...

Excel 2007 Formulas look different
I received a spreadsheet of mine back from a coworker, and all my formulas now look like =Totals!R[3]C[-1] instead of what I originally used =TOTALS!C73. Anyone know why this changed, and how to change them back? -- User13 Office button>Excel Options>Formulas tab>uncheck R1C1 reference style -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "User13" <User13@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5953C897-CE11-454C-9486-0E9EA9ED1CCA@microsoft.com... >I received a spreadsheet of mine back from a coworker, and all my formulas > no...

SOP Blank Invoice Form Not Printing Past Page 1
Hello: We have a Great Plains 7.5 client that is printing SOP invoices. Even though the invoices are somewhat lengthy and should be printing on page 1, 2, 3, 4, and so forth, the invoice only prints through page 1. What can we do in Report Writer to fix this? Or, is this a printer driver issue? If so, is there a 7.5 printer compatibility list that can be dug up from somewhere? Thanks! childofthe1980s ...

How can I print 1 page in b/w & another in colour from a document?
I have a large number of documents that consist of some colour pages and some black and white pages. How can I set the document up in Word to recognise that when printing, colour pages print in colour and black and white pages print in black and white? I can only see that you choose colour or black and white to apply to the whole document when sending it to print. I have to then select colour but this means increased costs for printing my black and white sheets using colour ink. Please help!!!! Your monochrome pages should not be printed with color ink if you have a CMYK pr...

I can not get a text box to print.
The text box is with in the print area. I can not see it in print preview, and it does not print out. But I can see it when working the sheet 'Tooks' > 'Page Layout' > 'Sheet' tab' > DE-select 'Draft Quality'. Micky "Please help" wrote: > The text box is with in the print area. I can not see it in print preview, > and it does not print out. But I can see it when working the sheet Right-click on textbox and Format Text Box>Properties Enable "Print Object" Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 4 Fe...

Timesheet Formula Problem #2
I am trying to set up a timesheet to cover staff working 24 hrs. Day an night hours are paid at a different rate (and staff members all hav different rate of pay). The day hours start at 7.00 and end at 19.00 Night hours are in between. It is the calculation of the hours I a having trouble with. The spreadsheet is laid out as follows: Cell R4 is Start Time S4 is Finish Time T4 is Day Hours U4 is Nigh Hours. I have entered hours for the first two staff in the followin cells: R5 contains 20.00 and S5 contains 9.00 R6 contains 6.00 and S6 contains 18.00. I have tried numerous formula but none of...