Printing EXCEL items in WORD

Excel seems to work better for tables than WORD's tables; yet when a table
created in EXCEL is copied and pasted into a WORD document I caannot get the
gridlines to print.  Even thouigh in EXCEL the print gridlines instructions
are checked.  What should I do?

0
oldred1 (52)

I've always apply borders--either in Excel or in Word.

In Word:
select a cell in the table
Table|Select|Table
Format|borders and shading|borders tab
check the All icon.

The gridlines in Word don't print.  Word's help says to use borders.  (I just
checked.)

--

Dave Peterson
0

Merge to word???
Hi, I have a contract database that allow me to query data from the database and merge it to word file. The code below seem to work OK except that It does export the whole contract information to excel first and then doing the merge. Is there a way to only limite the export to just one record (preferable a select record by contract number) to excel before doing the merge? Private Sub Command26_Click() Dim Stg As String Dim strDocName As String Dim appWord As Word.Application Dim docWord As Word.Document Dim strFilePath As String DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputQuery, "rptCo...

why wont an excel doc open with new msn office
i have just got a new comp with the new microsoft woeks on it, word doc if differant, and a few other things but an excel doc was sent to me an it will not open it ???????? Hi MS Works is a 'light' version of Office, containing a 'light' version of Excel and a 'light' version of Word. You cannot open Excel or Word files with Works. You'll have to get the files saved as .csv or .txt or a Works file to be able to open them with Works. Andy. "peterk4" <peterk4@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:53597904-F529-4E67-BC56-D957C375779...

excel pivot table with sql query and visual basic macros
I have a pivot table that runs off a sql query, it has macros and parameters built into the report. It worked until the client updated their server and db software. When debugging this, on the module under the closedb it stops here: Sub CloseDB() 'IF CONNECTION IS OPEN IT NEEDS TO BE CLOSED SO AN ERROR IS NOT THROWN If rsData.State = 1 Then rsData.Close Set rsData = Nothing End If cnData.Close Set cnData = Nothing Set Cmd = Nothing End Sub Thanks ...

2 different Deleted Items folders??
Decided to try Outlook after years with OE. Set up email and news accounts. Imported messages from OE. When I open Outlook, show Folders, I see Outlook Today - [Personal Folders], Deleted Items, Inbox, etc. I emptied the Deleted Items folder. Then, View, Goto, News, show Folders, I see Outlook Newsreader, Local Folders, then most of the same folders that I see under Personal Folders in the Outlook window, including another Deleted Items folder, and this one isn't empty. Where did I go wrong? Al The Outlook Newsreader is actually Outlook Express which maintains its own folder...

Excel 2002 Create Workbook (merge/reformat)?
I have 12 seperate spreadsheets I want to combine into 1 workbook (12 tabs). Any other alternative ways to do this other than copy and paste? Need to reformat "most" of the worksheets, I assume this can be done if all 12 tabs are selected. I may have to do this several times otherwise I would just copy and paste. Each spreadsheet has an average of 3k-4k transactions. You can open the workbook, ctrl-click on the worksheet tab and drag that worksheet into another workbook. (Then close that "sending" workbook and open the next...) ~Dave~ wrote: > > I have 1...

Excel 97-remove link but keep data
Hi guys, I have a pre-existing excel 97 s/s which has links to other s/s's. I would like to keep the data only (like paste-special, values) and remove the linked reference from showing in the current s/s. Any ideas how to do this instead of me changing each linked reference? Thanks in advance! search for .xls or [ or ] to see if you can find the formulas that contain links to other workbooks. Van wrote: > > Hi guys, > > I have a pre-existing excel 97 s/s which has links to other s/s's. I would > like to keep the data only (like paste-special, values) and rem...

Excel file takes a long time to save
I have a 1,000 x 15 straight worksheet with no formulas - about 100K. I went to auto-format a pattern, but didn't select the area and if formatted the entire spreadsheet. It's since gone from 5 seconds to 60 seconds per save and I can't reverse this, even by changing the auto-format setting to "none." I'm backed-up, but the current version is about three hours ahead and it will take longer to retrace the work by hand. Any suggestions? Thanks, Ben Try resetting the last used cell. Debra Dalgleish has some techniques at: http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Un...

Printing an address in letter
I am trying to print a confirmation letter with an address in the body of the report. The address may or may not have an Address2 line. How can I eliminate the space if the Address2 line is blank? Also, can I use an "IF" to edit the printing of zero values? Thanks, tomc Depends on what you mean about the address being in the body of the report. If there is no label with the address or any text around it then use Properties to set click on the text box (es) in Design view and set Can Grow and Can Shrink to yes. Do the same for the Section that contains the address by clicking ...

Sent Items CRM 3.0
If I am standing on an Account in CRM 3.0 and sending an email to the account. An activity will be created in the history field but no mail will be saved in the SentItems folder in the Outlook Client. Does anyone now why? Unfortunately it just doesn't do this. The CRM Web application has no knowledge of your Outlook client -- David Jennaway - Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP Web: http://www.excitation.co.uk "Martin" wrote: > If I am standing on an Account in CRM 3.0 and sending an email to the > account. An activity will be created in the history field but no mail will ...

Using Excel 2000 as Data source for Word 2000 document
Problem using Mail Merge using Word 2000 & Excel 2000. After numerous problems - Word failed to connect to Data Souce file then it would & then it wouldn't and so on - reasons which are unknown! The 106 records in 19 fields from the Excel Data Source are only transferring the information for the first 104 records. I am looking to add further records but obviously need to overcome this problem. Hi Malcolm- Obvious, perhaps, but are you certain that the records are in consecutive rows & no vacant columns separating the fields of data? Does the data range contain any Merge...

Excel design questions
Hi, I'm a new to excel. I'm assigned task to perform creating charts based on the following data. I explored little bit from web about the capabilities of excel, but few areas I'm not still quite sure about how to get it working. - Is it possible to have advanced filter to automatically refresh if the data is changed on which the filter is acting on?? Do I need to write maro for this?? - If i have a column with data (different types of tree names, ex: Apple, Apple, Maple, Grape,Grape..etc - name is repeatable). Can I uniquely get the name of all the different tree names automati...

Fix Publisher printing failure
I hope the deficiency in Publisher 2003, referred to in the following exchange of posts, will be remedied promptly. Or is it just a turf war between Microsoft and HP, conducted at both your customers' expense?? Br. Giovanni The text of the earlier posts follows: #1: I am trying to print a brochure with a four-way bleed. I set up for borderless printing on glossy brochure paper, but the program keeps defaulting to regular 8.5X11" letter paper and leaving a 3/4" white border. In 'page setup' under printer properties, I call for 8.5X11" borderless paper size, bor...

Printing string from string table inside for loop?
#define IDS_STR1 _T("Str1"); #define IDS_STR2 _T("Str2"); #define IDS_STR3 _T("Str3"); #define IDS_STR4 _T("Str4"); #define IDS_STR5 _T("Str5"); for(int i = 0; i < 5; i++) { ............................ ............................ } I am looking for the logic that can be used to print those strings inside the "for" loop. Any help is welcome. The #define's are put into place as part of the pre-compilation process, thats why they are also called pre-processor directive. So, you can not use a variable with a symbol defined ...

Need to print all address lines on a 1099 form
In Great Plains Version 10, on the vendor card, under the address button, you are able to enter 3 lines of address information. However, when printing 1099's, only the first 2 lines of address information will print on the form. Since we utilize all 3 address lines, we had many 1099 forms returned as undeliverable this past year. According to our partner, Microsoft indicated that, currently, there is no way to print the third line of information. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for ...

With Microsoft FAX Nearly One Minute Delay between Using Print
With Windows Messaging and Microsoft Fax under Win 98 SE, when I printed a document to Microsoft Fax, the fax wizard would start a few seconds after I said print. I installed Outlook 2000. With it, there seems to be a consistent nearly one minute delay between when I say print and the fax wizard starts. If Outlook is running, there is no delay. The osa9.exe program doesn't make any difference. Needless to say, this is an annoyance, having to go through two steps, start Outlook and then print, rather than simply printing. Does anyone know of a way to make Outlook 2000 work like Messag...

Excel 2000 #9
Is there a way to change the date format in footers and headers.?.these two items do not seem to pick up the formatting specified for the individual cells. David H. David Excel in any version uses the Short Date format from Windows Regional settings in headers/footers. You can make some minor changes in Regional settings but not too much. How about a macro to add the date in any format you choose? Sub DateInFooter() With ActiveSheet .PageSetup.CenterFooter = Format(Date, "dddd, mmmm-dd-yyyy") End With End Sub Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 5 Feb 2008...

Excel Crash

Opening Word Attachment
Weird problem here...All office programs seem to function well just have some minor issues opening files. Example: In Outlook, trying to open a Word attachment, if I open the message and then try to open the attachment from there, it says "cannot find the file specified", but if I have word open already, then do the same exact thing, it opens. I have this problem also with Explorer. I can browse my hard drive and network and find anything, but cannot open it directly from Explorer. I have to open the application that I am using and then open the file through the Open Fi...

copy an access report to word
I want to export an Access report to Outlook email or MS Word. Right-click the table name > click Export... > select Rich Text Format as your Save as type: > Enter the file name if necessary > click Export "LD41" wrote: > I want to export an Access report to Outlook email or MS Word. ...

Picking Ticket Report
HELP! When orders are entered into the system, the PICK TICKET REPORT (actual name: SOP BLANK PICKING TICKET ORDER ENTERED) is printed to the warehouse for the staff to pick the stock. The way the warehouse layout is setup, all item numbers are on shelfs/drawers in order of item number. Some times when orders are entered, the item numbers are inputted sporadically (nature of the business). So when the PICKING REPORT/TICKET is printed, the items are in order of input. We would like to have the ticket/report print the items by order of Item Number. Apparently this was done in the past by...

como colocar a folha deitada no word?
por exemplo eu quero fazer uma convocatória e em vez de escrever com a folha A4 em pe queria escrever com a folha A4 deitada. See news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.pt.word. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "daniel" <daniel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E0E63583-3D5A-4C0C-8201-80C9BC969268@microsoft.com... > por exemplo eu quero fazer uma convocatória e em vez de escrever com a > folha > A4 em pe queria escrever com a folha A4 deitada. Na...

Drawing and paper are same, but all doesn't print
I created a project on 8 1/2 x 11 landscape paper. In print preview it shows all of my project on one page of paper (just as I laid it out when creating the project) and also shows a picture of the drawing paper and printer paper being the same (overlapping each other exactly). When I try to print my project only the bottom of my project prints out...nothing else (just one page...it doesn't print out the top half). Help! sounds like it may be one of those 'known bug, apply visio service packs and update printer drivers'. fixes. al "tjsmags" <tjsmags@discussi...

Multi-User Excel File on a Network Drive
How can I make an Excel file accessible to multiple users concurrently? With all able to make and save changes to the same file. Thanks, Mike "Mike" wrote > How can I make an Excel file accessible to multiple > users concurrently? With all able to make and save > changes to the same file. Tools / Share Workbook Jordon ...

Inserting Rows in Excel
I have a spreadsheet with a unique identifier for each customer, Customer Information File (CIF). Whenever this number changes, I want to automatically insert a blank row. This will merely making the the spreadsheet more pleasing to the eye to read. Keep in mind, there may not be a break in CIF for 1 to 15 lines, but whenever this CIF number changes, I want a new blank row. Any help would be greatly appreciated!! David David Macro solution OK? Sub InsertRow_At_Change() Dim i As Long With Application .Calculation = xlManual .ScreenUpdating = False End With ...

Printing BLANK report for current form
I am trying to print a report for a current form which has just been filled out. However, unless I leave the current form and return to it, the report prints blank. Here is the code: _______ Private Sub PrintVoucherSingle_Click() 'Print current record 'using rptlIndividualTaxiCertificates If IsNull(Me!CertNumber) Then MsgBox "Please select a valid record", _ vbOKOnly, "Error" Exit Sub End If DoCmd.OpenReport "rptlIndividualTaxiCertificates", , , _ "CertNumber = " & Me!CertNumber End Sub __________________________________ What have ...