Printing Double Columns

How do I get an Excel spreadsheet to print in double columns?  The two
columns in question are narrow enough for this.

Art
0
AJM (5)

David McRitchie has a macro that will "snake" the columns.
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/snakecol.htm

Personally, I'd copy into MSWord (maybe hitting NotePad if MSWord slows down
when I paste).
Then use MSWord's Format|Column to make life easy.

--

Dave Peterson
0

That was an option I thought of, but I wanted to see if there was a way to
do this within Excel.

Thanks for reply!

Art

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

> David McRitchie has a macro that will "snake" the columns.
> http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/snakecol.htm
>
> Personally, I'd copy into MSWord (maybe hitting NotePad if MSWord slows down
> when I paste).
> Then use MSWord's Format|Column to make life easy.
>

> AjM wrote:
> >
> > How do I get an Excel spreadsheet to print in double columns?  The two
> > columns in question are narrow enough for this.
> >
> > Art
>
> --
>
> Dave Peterson

0
AJM (5)
1/7/2006 8:44:02 PM
Did you look at David McRitchie's site?  He shows a way within Excel.

--

Dave Peterson
0

Printing Headers
Correct me if I'm wrong, but in Outlook 97 I used to be able to print an "Unsent" message and it would included the header information and subject line. But now in Outlook 2002 when I go to print a message in Draft form it doesn't print the Header information regardless of whether the message is in Plain Text, RTF or HTML format? Is this true and if so, is there a work-around? ...

Pivot Table Report: Getting average of difference of two date columns
Hello I have data in excel sheet as: WORK_ID PROJECT START_DT END_DT 1001 P1 1/1/2006 1/10/2006 1002 P1 1/25/2006 2/20/2006 1003 P1 3/15/2006 3/20/2006 I want to have a report that will give me average time taken to finish a work in a project. That is, I have to take average of (end_dt - start_dt) for a project group. How do I do this in a pivot table report. When I use a calculate field to get the days worked for a work_id using DATEDIF(START_DT, END_DT, "D") then excel computes only sum on that (pivot table report ...

Macro to open non-Visio document on double-click
When I double-click an object in my flowchart I would like to open up a Word document or an Excel Document, but I can't see that there is an easy way to do this. Looking under the Double-Click behavior of a shape I see that I can assign a macro to run upon double-click, but I don't know how to create a new one. Can I create a macro or Visual Basic script in the Standard version of Vision that I have which would perform the "Open Document" task that I need done? visio's integration with M$ office is a common desire. there are a couple of good examples on how to ...

Rows to Columns
I have data arranged in rows across a spread sheet, for example B2, C2, D2, etc. How can I change that to a column, for example A1, A2, A3, etc without reentering all the data? Thank you --Select B2:D2. Copy the range --Select A1. Right click>PasteSpecial>Transpose>OK If this post helps click Yes --------------- Jacob Skaria "Walter Seaton" wrote: > I have data arranged in rows across a spread sheet, for example B2, C2, D2, > etc. > How can I change that to a column, for example A1, A2, A3, etc without > reentering all the data? >...

Mailer Daemon/Double messages
For some reason lately, my outlook has been sending me 2 of every email i recieve and many of these emails are "Mailer Daemon" "unable to send the message you sent to____ address" which is odd because I would never have even seen that address before nor would I have sent something to it...do i have a virus? ...

Tracking Number of Times You Print a Spreadsheet
Does anyone know the VB code (or maybe another method) fro creating a macro or some other function that would record the number of times a worksheet is printed? Basically, I need to know how often a certain spreadsheet is printed for my boss and don't want to have to keep a manual field that I update with the number +1 everytime I print it....can this be automated? So that every time I print the spreadsheet the value in this cell is incremented by one? Please reply to phoenix_crime@yahoo.com if you have a quick and easy solution. I am assuming this requires some minor VB code ...

double mail #2
Help! When I receive my mail I always get two copies of each message. What can I do get get just one message and not two? I'm using Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 Comcast News Groups wrote: > Help! > When I receive my mail I always get two copies of each message. > What can I do get get just one message and not two? I'm using > Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 Do you happen to have two connections set up to access the same mailbox? -- f.h. Can be caused by AV scanning software intergrated with OL "Comcast News Groups" <prussiaguy@comcast.net> w...

Filtered list & maximum no columns problem
Hi I have a filtered list with a considerable amount of associated data, which I am performing calculations on. I have run out of columns for this data. It is not practical to split the data into other sheets, as I am making frequent changes to the filter criteria. Any suggestions? Bertie -- claytorm ------------------------------------------------------------------------ claytorm's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=11610 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=398516 ...

How do I Change the Column Names (Re-Name A -
I want to Change the Column Headings from letters to actual names. How do I do that? hi this can not be done. excel needs these to find/remember where everthing is on the spreadsheet grid. you can change the letters to numbers but that is it. on the 2003 menu bar... tools>options>general tab. check R1C1 reference style. or you can get rid of the letters all togeather. on the 2003 menu bar.... tools>options>view tab>uncheck row & column headers. but they are still there, just not visible. usually when someone want to wants to get rid of the column header letters, they u...

Printing Double Columns
How do I get an Excel spreadsheet to print in double columns? The two columns in question are narrow enough for this. Art David McRitchie has a macro that will "snake" the columns. http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/snakecol.htm Personally, I'd copy into MSWord (maybe hitting NotePad if MSWord slows down when I paste). Then use MSWord's Format|Column to make life easy. AjM wrote: > > How do I get an Excel spreadsheet to print in double columns? The two > columns in question are narrow enough for this. > > Art -- Dave Peterson Dave, That was a...

columns within columns
I'd like to make a single page spreadsheet with the twelve months across the top. within each, i would like 4 or 5 columns representing the weeks.this will be an actual 2010 calendar. the titles for the inner columns will be the date of the first monday of the week. vertical grid lines separating the months are a little darker than the grid lines separating the weeks. the y axis will be the values to be entered any suggestiions? Before you start have a look at John Walkenback's calender @ http://spreadsheetpage.com/index.php/files Look for Array Formula ...

Visio 2002 Pro database column notes
Hi, I know this question has been asked before, but I'm still not sure where to go from here! I have reverse engineered a database, and fully documented each table and column via the notes fields. It is my understanding that in this version, the notes cannot be printed or exported out. Looking at previous posts in this ng, it has been suggested that this is only available in the "Enterprise Edition". After looking at Microsoft's site, it seems that Visio 2002 Enterprise comes in two versions, Network and Architect. Can both of these access/print the notes fields? The Net...

Change Excel Column Headings from A,B etc to names?
I want to import an excel csv file of e-mail addresses ito googlemail but I do not know how to change the column headings from A, B etc into name and addres etc column headings which google will accept You cannot change the column headers. Use row 1 for your column titles of Name, Address etc. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 22 May 2008 09:46:00 -0700, Sandy Mac <Sandy Mac@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I want to import an excel csv file of e-mail addresses ito googlemail but I >do not know how to change the column headings from A, B etc into name and >addres etc...

Printing a Register
When I view my check reg on screen, the ending balance agrees with my running balance. When I print the reg, the ending balance is wrong unless I change the view to "all". I prefer to filter my display to unreconciled transactions for last 3 months. This way I don't have to scroll many screens. The printout is also one page for easy insertion in my client's folder . When I print from the filtered view, I get an incorrect balance in the printed page although the screen is correct. When I change to "all", I do get the correct balance but I don't want a stack...

outlook 2002
Is there a way to print out the e-mail rules that I have implemented. They've grown to a huge number so I would like to prune and consolidate them. -- Bill Mitchell No, not possible. But you can export them so you can restore them later. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Backup and Restore -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Bill Mitchell" <training@jcnypd.org> wrote in message news:PcWBc.245655$hY.223933@twister.nyroc.rr.com... > Is there a way to print out the e-mail rules that I have imple...

How do I print only certain info on my excell sheet IE: no SS# or.
Please write your question in the *body* of the message. ...

Incoming Email "Doubling-up"
When my email receives new email messages, I get 2 of every message. What can I do to stop that?? Thanks, Clay Zorn Sounds like you have to e-mail account defintions checking the same mailbox. (especially noticable if you choose to leave mail on the server when working with pop accounts.) "Clay Zorn" <czorn@comcast.net> wrote in message news:0cc901c35695$5b312890$a101280a@phx.gbl... > When my email receives new email messages, I get 2 of > every message. What can I do to stop that?? > Thanks, > Clay Zorn Double posting -hit the send button too soon. : I h...

Comparison of Columns
I have three columns thast represent Set numbers, I want to compare the values in column "B" with those in column "A" find where they match and then calculate how many rows they have moved either up or down and put the answer in column "C" Col A Col B Col C 1127 1129 +1 1129 1130 +1 1130 1132 +3 1102 1102 0 1131 1131 0 1132 1133 +1 1133 1135 +1 1135 1137 +2 1062 1138 +2 1137 1062 -1 1138 1141 You need to provide much more detail. For example, what exactly do you mean by "where they match&quo...

FINDING "EQUALITY" within 3 consecutive columns
I have 3 consecutive columns, A,B, & C with various numbers within each...also there are probably 1500 rows. How do I find the rows where each of the three numbers within that row are equal? EXAMPLE: A B C 1 128 158 188 2 127 128 128 3 211 188 170 4 199 196 165 5 ...

Outlook double downloading
Running Outlook 2002 on Home edition XP. Updated office with update for office March 2004 Problem - Outlook downloads double emails each time it is connected to the mail program. Any one have a fix for this problem? Contacted carrier and they said it is a Microsoft problem. Thanks ...

Additional info re: Word 2007 will not open files when you double click them
I should have mentioned... I am running XP 32 bit SP3 Neil ...

Publisher 2007 Color Printing option not enabled
I'm trying to get the best possible printing of my picture on postcards (marketing material). When I upgraded to 2007 the quality improved. I notice that the "Tools", "Commercial Printing Tools" "Colot Printing" option is not enabled. What's it for and why is it not enabled? My printing is very slow with Mail Merge from Excel (55 seconds per page of 4 postcards), but I will post that separately. Thanks. Anyone? "Howard" wrote: > I'm trying to get the best possible printing of my picture on postcards > (marketing material)....

How to find duplicates within same column
Hello all, I am trying to find if there are any duplicate values within the same column, without removing them. Example ID no. 1121 2222 3343 5554 6785 4565 6785 1121 3343 In this example 1121, 3343, 6785 are duplicates. I have a ~20000 rows spreadsheet and would like to speed up the process. Thank you all, Frank http://www.cpearson.com/excel/Duplicates.aspx -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Frank Beltre" <fbl3@fbl3.com> wrote in message news:uhDpWEL8HHA.3716@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Hello all, > > I am trying to find if there are any duplicate values withi...

Excel 97 Can't setup page to print Landscape
I am using Windows 2000 Professional and Office 97 to HP 4000 and 5000 printers. When using Excel, I can not change the page setup to print landscape. When the radio button for Landscape is pressed, the print preview and the print job are still printed in portrait. Any suggestions before I try a reinstall of Office. Thanks in advance Joan ...

column widths and row heights
based on 100% view, when u set the column width to say 12 units and the row height to, for example, 15... what is the actual dimensions in reality in mm. ie, how can i get the required number to ensure that row and colms are exactly 2 mm in width and height pat Column width and row heights defaults are not in inches or mm. The number that appears in the Standard column width box is the average number of digits 0-9 of the standard font that fit in a cell. Row heights are measured in points or pixels. There are 72 points to an inch and "maybe" 96 pixels to the inch. For ...