Printing Copies or multiple worksheets produces mult jobs

When I print multiple copies of a worksheet or I print an
entire workbook that contains multiple worksheets, Excel
breaks the print job up into multiple print jobs of
(apparently) random size.  This creates a problem for
instance, when printing 2 sided because the
printer "resets" after the first print job and the
subsequent print jobs do not carry the requested
attributes (2 sided, in this case). Has anyone experienced
this problem.  Any fixes?  Thanks.
0
oshop55 (1)

BGW wrote:

> When I print multiple copies of a worksheet or I print an
> entire workbook that contains multiple worksheets, Excel
> breaks the print job up into multiple print jobs of
> (apparently) random size.  This creates a problem ...
> ... Any fixes?  Thanks.

FinePrint might help:
   http://www.fineprint.com/products/fineprint/index.html

Among its features is the ability to combine multiple print jobs into one.
"gtucker@novacopy.net" wrote:

> Any suggestions, though, inside the MS world? We use a particular type of
> copier/printer for our work because it's also a machine we sell (we did do
> our sales proposals in booklet form until recently when that feature quit
> working correctly for an unknown reason; hence, my post).
>
> We want a solution that works either from within MSOffice or on the machine
> itself, something we can promote to our customers.
>
> Suggestions?

I found a fix to this problem, that works in Office 2000 anyway...

Each worksheet is created from a single worksheet.
Right click on the target worksheet, "Move or Copy", check "Make a Copy".

DON'T Insert->Worksheet.
DON'T populate more than a single worksheet that is to be printed from the
auto-generated ones.

Then format away.  The result for me was a five page, single pdf, three
pages portrait, and two pages landscape (with graphics).  Before applying
this trick, I had three individual pages (each as their own pdf) and a pair
of pages that had been copied one from the other (which was the clue)

Yes, it is a pain in the tush to copy the contents and the column widths
from existing speradsheets, but it does pay off...

0
Smith1 (93)

Possible to copy and paste to a new outlook msg?
Is it possible to create a macro to copy the info from a few specific cells, create a new outlook message and paste the copied info into the new message? Thanks. Hi Derrick, Take a look at John Walkenbach's Sending Personalized Email from Excel, John Walkenbach, Tip 86, Using Outlook http://www.j-walk.com/ss/excel/tips/tip86.htm Mail Merge - Without Word, John Walkenbach, Tip 92, in Excel, of course. (This is the one with the Elephant -- Elephants R Us). http://www.j-walk.com/ss/excel/tips/tip92.htm You could also do this with a hyperlink, but may run into problems with length....

Is there a way I can only print the reply instead of the entire email message
I wonder if there is a way I can only print the reply to an email message, instead of printing the entire message? My choice for selection only seem to be gone with Outlook 2003 printing options. Any help is appreciated.............Peter ...

When printing to large scale plotter, is there a max # of lines/pa
I am having problems with printing to my large plotter. Project seems to have issue when printing 325 lines or more. The plot gets long horizontal lines of different lengths running through my data. When I insert a page break at, for example, line 323, the plot looks fine, but I am getting two pages instead of just one. Has anyone else had this problem? I don't think this is a plotter problem. Almost always, problems related to printing are related to the system or the printer driver. That is because Project is using the system to print. The first thing to check is that...

Cannot print in Portrait
I have a customer who cannot print the Trial Balance Report in Portrait mode even though she has set it to Portrait in the application setting and the printer driver setting. Any ideas? The paper size is A4. You will need to modify the report and change the page orientation on the report definition window to Portrait or Printer Setting. Don't forget to change security to point to the now modified report. David Musgrave [MSFT] Senior Development Consultant Escalation Engineer MBS Support - Asia Pacific Microsoft Business Solutions http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions mailto:dm...

Can a macro open another worksheet?
Hello, I've got a macro that I need to run on about 200 spreadsheets. Is there a way to get it to select and open all 200 spreadsheets? Thanks, Art. Are they all in the same folder? In fact, do you need to open all the workbooks in a folder? Or all the workbooks in multiple known folders? If you have files in one folder--but you want to choose (click on the first and ctrl-click on subsequent in the file|open dialog), you can do something like: Option Explicit Sub testme() Dim myFileNames As Variant Dim iCtr As Long Dim wkbk As Workbook myFileNames = Ap...

Cells not sorting right with other worksheets
I have some problems!!! First I have multiple worksheets in a workbook. And in one column that has some names. and the columns next to them has data which is yes/no go/ngo for each person. If I add a person it will update itself in each worksheet. But I need to sort it. So I sort it and it sorts fine in the worksheet I'm working in. But with the other worksheets it sorts it but the data for each person doesn't stay with the person... I hope I explained this problem to where someone can understand. PLEASE HELP!!! How do you have the referencews set between each worksheet? &qu...

Leave copies on server with Exchange 2003
Hi all, I have a user who normally connects to an exchange server in the office, but he likes to connect to his mail box via pop3 on his phone/pda when out and about. The trouble is that the pda downloads his entire mailbox every time and removes them from his inbox on the server, even when 'Leave a copy on the server' is checked. I've tested this in the office using Outlook Express to confirm that this is happening. How can I have the server leave a copy of everything in the exchange mialbox, while sending new items to the device which requests them? Many thanks, Garet...

to extract multiple values from an array
Hi, I am into Image processing industry, for each job we create unique code in excel, we Process 20 jobs in a day, I want to list all the job Code in "summary of the day sheet" that we complete for the particular day . On Dec 30, 4:56=A0am, ratan h <ratha...@nextgenalbums.com> wrote: > Hi, > > I am into Image processing industry, for each job we create unique > code in excel, we Process 20 jobs in a day, I want to list all the job > Code in "summary of the day sheet" that we complete for the particular > day . Not enough info but, assuming you are...

Am I able to manage multiple email accounts
I have several email accounts including Gmail, HOtmail and corporate. I can't make Entourage mail (2004) list individual accounts or find how to manage profiles. Apple mail works but doesn't allow me to insert a tiff company logo without making it an attachment. Outlook allows for all of the above.<br> Appreciate help > This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3285235088_9822952 Content-type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit On 2/7/08 1...

Configure single Outlook 2003 Account to try multiple outgoing servers?
Is there a way to configure a single Outlook 2003 account to try different SMTP servers for Outgoing mail? I log in from two different locations, and both are behind firewalls. And from each location I can't get to the other SMTP server to send my mail. To get around this, I've created two Outlook accounts to use. One for each location. But this is not a good solution, because I have to remember to use the correct account, and it's easy to make a mistake. ....When I do, the outgoing mail very quietly sits in my Outbox, and doesn't get sent. People get very upset at me for ...

Can I switch axes in a Worksheet?
Can I switch axes in a Worksheet? It was easier to enter data in the current setup but now it may be easier to analyze the data if I can switch the axes. Can it be done?? Again, I would just like to switch the x and y axes in the worksheet... Amy wrote: > Can I switch axes in a Worksheet? It was easier to enter > data in the current setup but now it may be easier to > analyze the data if I can switch the axes. ... Select the data and use Edit >> Copy Then go to another worksheet and select a cell (like A:1). Then use Edit >> Paste special >> Tra...

cannot copy from one pub to another
all of a sudden, i cannot copy and paste from one ms pub publication to another ms pub publication. here's what i've done: i ran disk cleanup. i ran norton live update. i ran windows update. i ran office 2000 update. i ran detect and repair inside help in pub 2000. none of the above helped. you said "is clipboard set to automatic in computer services?" can you tell me where computer services is? i looked in control panel, administrative tools, component services and computer management. I ended up in console root, component services, computers, my computer, found ms pu...

CRM for international companies
Hi, Being an international company, our pricelists are in different currencies. MS CRM stores the currency on the Organization level and not on the Business Unit level, which essentially prevents our use of it. (1) Any suggestions for a way to overcome this problem (besides "translating" the EU, EMEA and US pricelist to one currency, e.g. dollars, or waiting for CRM 2.0) ? (2) I noticed that the database schema contains "Organization ID" for all basic tables. This probably means that multiple organizations can run on the same CRM server. Currently, I can't se...

Utilizing the Print Preview without using a printer
How can I use the Print Preview function and make any necessary changes to my worksheet?..I currently do not have a printer installed, but would still like to be able to have access to the Print Preview functions before I actually print my worksheet. Just install *any* print driver that might be resident on your system, and XL will then enable the "PrintPreview" feature, even though no actual printer is present. -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ==========================================...

Strange Print Problem
My forms have a print button which prints a report displaying the same information shown on the form. So far, so good. I found that a few users were using Ctrl P to print and therefore printing the form instead of the report. I have fixed this problem by calling the print button code when the user presses Ctrl P. This works great except for one form where it ignores the keydown code, UNLESS I press the print button first. If the print button has been pressed previously then Ctrl P works just the way I want it to. But if you press Ctrl P before the print button is pressed the standard p...

Page orientation when printing unusual sizes
When printing from Pub2000 to tabloid several years ago it would show vert for horiz and vice versa and would not print correctly. After much frustration QMS gave me a patch but said it was a Microsoft problem. Today I was trying to print a B5J size card and the same thing happened. I tried it on an HP inkjet and it happened again. I dropped the layout into a cheapo Sierra program and it prints correctly but with a loss of some graphic detail. It is a Microsoft problem...what is the solution? When Konica Minolta supplied you with a patch it should tell you it was not a Publisher i...

Copy (Ctrl C) in a macro
I want to copy the value one field and paste it into another field in a macro. However, when I run the macro and it gets to the Copy command line (CommandExec form BuiLtin command cmdEditCopy ), I get "Command Disabled". Is it possible to copy and paste from within a macro? If so, how do I do it? Never mind - I just figured it out! I need to Edit > Select All before I can Edit > Copy. "Elaine" wrote: > I want to copy the value one field and paste it into another field in a > macro. However, when I run the macro and it gets to the Copy comm...

Multiple email accounts #11
I use Outlook 2003 with multiple accounts (4 POP accounts and one Exchange account) and I have the following problems: Most of the time I am not connected to the corporate network, so most of the time I have no connection to the Exchange server. Because of this Outlook shows the dissconected icon on the bottom right status bar. Once Outlook says that it is dissconected from the Exchange server it doesn't do the automatic syncs with the POP accounts through the internet (which is indeed available). Is there a way to make Outlook autosync with the POP accounts if it is not conne...

Multiple Exchange boxes in one domain
Hi all, I have the following setup for my domain: HQ: Server 2003 Exchange 2003 We have a branch office located on another industrial estate 1/2 mile away, and we currently connect to them via WiFi (11Mb) and they are in the same domain and subnet as us. I am looking to add a second exchange box at their site so they can get their mail "locally". When I look at setting it up tho ot seems that exchange will still send the messages across the WiFi due to there only being 1 MX record? Is there a way I can get them to recive their mail directly over their own Broadband link? Also ...

Printing With Publisher
Hello Everyone, My question is related to mail merge printing using Publisher. Can someone tell me why Publisher when it sends a mail merged job to the print queue, it sends it in groups of ten jobs per queue? Is this a print settings in the application and if so how do i change it so the job is sent as one job in the queue like when your using Microsoft Word to print a mail merge. Any suggestions or comments please! Thanks Hi Steven Rossi (srossi@necc.mass.edu), in the newsgroups you posted: || My question is related to mail merge printing using || Publisher. Can someone tell me why...

Merged cells not copied properly
With some frequency, we have noted that cells are unmerged when copied. Generally speaking, we are copying a row and pasting it or inserting it in a new location. However, the clone is not always a clone, because the merged cells in the original are often unmerged either into smaller merged groups or into individual cells. Anyone have any idea what is going on here? ...

How to speed up printing the report?
Hi I have a problem with printing reports in Great Plains 7.5. It took a long time, especially for trial balance report with long characters on the main segment (more than 5 characters). Do you know how to solve this problem? Hardware and software are ok. according to requirements. Regards Radek ...

Emailing worksheets within a workbook as ATTACHMENTS
I am trying to email each worksheet of a 150 worksheet workbook to a different person or maybe a group of worksheets to a person BUT I want to do it as an attachment NOT as in-line text. Is there any way to do this? Catch 22 wrote: || I am trying to email each worksheet of a 150 worksheet workbook to a || different person or maybe a group of worksheets to a person BUT I || want to do it as an attachment NOT as in-line text. Is there any || way to do this? Not in Excel natively, AFAIK, (Lotus will however....!). You will have to copy each sheet or sheets to a different new workbook and ...

distribution lists sending out multiple mails
Hi, This a rather odd problem. My client has a distribution list setup with about 50 members. Sometimes when he sends an e-mail through the list some of the members receive 5 of the same e-mail. This does not happen to all of the members, only some of them. And the results are not consistent with everytime he sends an e-mail through the list. Just wondering if anyone has seen this. Possibly it's a problem on the recipients end. Any ideas? I am experiencing the same problem in Outlook 2003 with messages sen from a bcc list. Did you receive any answers that might be helpful t...

Print contacts #2
I would like my notes to appear when I print my address book from Outlook. Thanks. Add the notes field to the view you are using for your Contacts folder, and then when you print, you should see your notes. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:12fae01c3f693$82e8b4e0$a501280a@phx.gbl, RWhite wrote: > I would like my notes to appear when I print my address > book from Outlook. > > Thanks. ...