Printing column label on every page.

I have several column labels like date, hour, ect on one row on the top.  I
want to print this row label on every page.  However I can't seem to do that
because on the instruction option is grayed out.  Here is the instruction.
The last two instruction sentences are grayed and they give me no choice to
do it.

  1.. Click the worksheet.
  2.. On the File menu, click Page Setup, and then click the Sheet tab.
a..
  1.. Do one of the following:
  2.. Print row and column headings
  3.. a.. Select the Row and column headings check box, and click Print.
  4.. Print row and column labels on every page
  1.. To print column labels on every page, under Print titles in the Rows
to repeat at top box, enter the rows that contain the column labels, and
then click Print.
  a.. To print row labels on every page, under Print titles in the Columns
to repeat at left box, enter the columns that contain the row labels, and
then click Print.

Full Options are not available sometimes for a reason; particularly when
certain
options/settings are not available dealing with the Print feature, it's
because the activesheet is completely Blank.  Select a single cell (say a1)
type test;  What print options that were grayed-out are perhaps no longer
grayed-out..
HTH

"Raymond" <NotValidEmail@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I have several column labels like date, hour, ect on one row on the top.
> want to print this row label on every page.  However I can't seem to do
that
> because on the instruction option is grayed out.  Here is the instruction.
> The last two instruction sentences are grayed and they give me no choice
> do it.
>
>   1.. Click the worksheet.
>   2.. On the File menu, click Page Setup, and then click the Sheet tab.
> a..
>   1.. Do one of the following:
>   2.. Print row and column headings
>   3.. a.. Select the Row and column headings check box, and click Print.
>   4.. Print row and column labels on every page
>   1.. To print column labels on every page, under Print titles in the Rows
> to repeat at top box, enter the rows that contain the column labels, and
> then click Print.
>   a.. To print row labels on every page, under Print titles in the Columns
> to repeat at left box, enter the columns that contain the row labels, and
> then click Print.

0
jmay (696)
10/16/2004 3:06:55 AM
See if the following article applies. The problem described here is that you
have several worksheets grouped.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;125640

if that doesn't help, go to support.microsoft.com and search for Excel print
titles

On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 21:44:25 -0500, "Raymond" <NotValidEmail@yahoo.com> wrote:

>I have several column labels like date, hour, ect on one row on the top.  I
>want to print this row label on every page.  However I can't seem to do that
>because on the instruction option is grayed out.  Here is the instruction.
>The last two instruction sentences are grayed and they give me no choice to
>do it.
>
>  1.. Click the worksheet.
>  2.. On the File menu, click Page Setup, and then click the Sheet tab.
>a..
>  1.. Do one of the following:
>  2.. Print row and column headings
>  3.. a.. Select the Row and column headings check box, and click Print.
>  4.. Print row and column labels on every page
>  1.. To print column labels on every page, under Print titles in the Rows
>to repeat at top box, enter the rows that contain the column labels, and
>then click Print.
>  a.. To print row labels on every page, under Print titles in the Columns
>to repeat at left box, enter the columns that contain the row labels, and
>then click Print.

0
anonymous (74722)

Links to external images and printing the images
I am in the very beginning stages of developing a database for someone in sort of an HR function in our organization. She needs to be able to keep track of various employment qualifications - certification dates, drivers license status, etc. The tricky request she has given me is that she wants to click on a button/record/somesuch for an employee, and have it bring up the appropriate scanned image, such as a scan of the drivers' license, and then print it. I was thinking of using the attachments feature in Access 2007 (which i will be developing in), but saw that the attachment total for t...

excel 03 to 07 printing
running trial version. save 03 workbook as 07. 03 workbook came from new computer with 07 on it. saving 03 as 07 on computer that is running 07 trial. now either version will print nothing--page is blank. On Wed, 9 Jan 2008 15:22:36 -0800, harleyman <harleyman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >running trial version. >save 03 workbook as 07. >03 workbook came from new computer with 07 on it. >saving 03 as 07 on computer that is running 07 trial. >now either version will print nothing--page is blank. Please repost your question in an Excel newsgroup. The webpage can be c...

Printer for outdoor barcode labels
I am looking for recommendations for a barcode printer that will work with RMS and will print outdoor (weatherproof) barcode labels. I am currently using an OKIDATA laser that is printing on vinyl sheet labels, but it is on its' deathbed and I need to replace it. Susan, I did considerable research on this a couple of years ago and never found a printer that did a satisfactory job of printing "weatherproof" labels. I have several garden centers as POS customers and none use a printer interfaced to the POS. They all use stand-alone printers designed specifically for this...

Deleting and existing Page Tab is causing problem with other Tabs?
I inherited an 2007 application which has 5 Tabs as the starting menu (Home, Display, Orders, Changes, Transportation). The Changes Tab is no longer needed. When I delete the associated Table and Form along with the Page Tab itself, it cause the application to malfunction resulting in giving me pop up dialog box "Enter Parameter Value... OK or Cancel" and lists "Forms!home!Text 40". Text Box 40 is on one of the other (not deleted) menu pages and is used is the expression fields of the 'criteria' in 3 of the queries. It also causes a simular dialog bo...

Label formatting
Hi folks, This is how to create a custom format for use in chart labels. I have data already in the worksheet with decimal values e.g. ".25678%" I want this to display in the chart label as "3" and not "3%" What would be the best way(s) to accomplish this? Thanks, Brian Reilly, PowerPoint MVP Brian, A way to accomplish this is to add a text box to the chart that references a properly formatted cell... 1. If your number is in cell A12 then in another cell enter: =ROUND(A12*1000,0) 2. Select the chart 3. In the formula bar enter an equal sign and clic...

Printing error message
I have an excel spreadsheet which when I attempt to print it I get the following message on my screen: "Print titles must be contiguous and complete rows or columns". Can anyone explain to me what this actually means and how I can prevent it from happening? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Duncan Penman Computer Technician Heriot-Watt University I'm not sure how you did it, but it sounds like: File|Page Setup|Sheet Tab|Rows to repeat at top (or columns to repeat at left) got mixed up. I'd go in there and see what it looked like (and change it if necessary)...

Printing of Drafts / Editing of Messages
a) I found that Outlook Express does not let me print a draft before I send it. Does anyone has an answer to that problem? b) When a message is received, it is sometimes necessary to delete older messages at the bottom of the page before printing. However, Outlook Express does not let me "edit" the received message. How can this be removed? Thank you. ...

color coding a stacked column graph
Hi. I'd really appreciate any kind of help. I'm trying to make a stacked column graph with this data: 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th 11th 12th C2360a 8450 8000 2900 750 11800 9800 2900 20750 865 2928 5800 26950 HM HM Skulls Tires w/ Rims P&S HM Turnings HM Lime Dolag Borings Shred I am not too sure how to organize this data, for one, to properly do this. Anyhow, first, I made a stacked column graph (changing series in rows --> columns) with the first two rows of the data. The problem that I'm faced with is that, what I would like to do is change the color o...

Data Labels for a chart in Excel
Hi, I'm pretty good at using excel, and VBA macro, so I'm not a compelte newbie. But I am having issues trying to change/link the data labels to a 3rd series of points. I have download an excel sheet (that has no macros) that contans a XY scatter plot. It labels it's points with a 3rd series somehow but I can't figure it out. I know you can label each point with the y or x data, and I know there is a add-in package to do this, but my company is against using 3rd party add ins. But why use an add-in package if we don't need to? It just seems microsoft has hidden this ...

How do I create a HTML text for my web page?
How do you create a HTML for a webpage? i am a user of the site www.horseland.com and would like to make myself and others HTML based layouts Excel is a spreadsheet application, not really intended for creating HTML, though you can File-->Save as and choose HTML. I suggest FrontPage, though. ************ Hope it helps! Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Horseychic" <Horseychic@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7BF583CE-A4EB-40CB-901D-B0BCEDE5C39C@microsoft.com... > How do you create a HTML for a webpage? i am a user of the site > www.horseland.com a...

Combined: Clustered-Stacked Column Chart
Can I combined stacked columns & clustered columns in a single chart? I've posted some links here: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ClusterStack.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ cdo wrote: > Can I combined stacked columns & clustered columns in a single chart? > > ...

creating 1 linked page from 26 pages
What I am doing: I have a workbook that has 26 worksheets, each one namedd from A-Z. Each worksheet has a formulated list of names with misc. info. I have macros written to add names and sort the list on each sheet after each entry. What I want to do: I want to create one huge merged file of all 26 pages onto one master worksheet at the end of the same workbook. When I update any sheet on the list, I want it update the master sheet automatically as well. Any help with this would be appreciated. Thanks. Klaus Hi klaus I have some info on my site http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.ht...

typing on inserted new pages
Dear All, The specific problems that I have having are: 1) I have opened an existing Word document in publisherand find that I am not able to type on to the new pages that I have inserted in at the end of the document. 2) I am not able to edd a title page to the same document and 3) With another word document that I have done this too, some of the text appears in a text boxes that I am not able to modify so that they cover the entire page. Thanks for your assistance Katia In order for your text to flow you need to connect the text boxes. An assistance article here: About connectin...

Editing links to work when setting the desktop as a web page.
I am creating an html document to use as the desktop for our display laptops in my store so the customers can click on the the links on the desktop and be sent to their respective web pages. I've created the HTML file sucessfully and when I open it as a web page in explorer, it correctly directs me to the url I specified in the link. However, if I set it as the desktop, it doesn't open up IE. Is there a code that I'm leaving out that causes it to open up i.e. in order to send people to the website? I'm not finding it. thanks for the help. =) ...

Excel Intermittent print crashing
A client of ours is using our excel software and is having vaguely random (but frequent) crashes during print. I believe that the problem is related to corrupt or erroneous metafile data. 1) Problem occurs at print time (we've tracked the crashing down to the actual print command) 2) Stepping through the code makes the problem not happen 3) Inserting "Do Events" immediately before and after the error does NOT fix the problem 4) The problem is isolated to specific users who always have access to a weird printer. The problem persists even when they don't use said printer 5) T...

Building Columns in a Report
I'm using AC2003. I have a database containing inventory numbers. Is there a way to generate a report with 3 or 4 columns on one page of those inventory numbers? for example 123 456 789 012 345 678 901 234 567 890 123 456 789 012 345 678 Any help is appreciated! PeterM wrote: >I'm using AC2003. I have a database containing inventory numbers. Is there >a way to generate a report with 3 or 4 columns on one page of those inventory >numbers? > >for example > >123 456 789 012 >345 678 901 234 >...

Trial Balance prints no details when I limit it to 1 account
Just upgraded to GP80 from 7.5 Pervasive on 1 of the companies the trial balance prints blank when I limit it to just 1 account, if I limit it to 2 accounts it works fine. I've tried the automated solution to fix the gl00105 and it didn't make a difference. any ideas where to look next? checked links on all the financial series too, We've experienced this problem with some clients. The problem we found was in the GL00105 table. The ACTNUMST field was not the proper concatenation of the ACTNUMBR fields from importing the chart of accounts using Table Import. "Ian D...

x axis tick mark labels
I have a bar chart with x-axis tick mark labels ranging from 0-13 (text format), but the display of the graph truncates the right digit from 10, 11, 12 and 13. It will display properly if I change the format to numbers with one decimal place but I don't want that. I am sure there is a simple explanation/fix but I am baffled. I "accidentally" fixed this by putting a space before the "0" label in the spreadsheet. I have no idea why this worked but ...problem solved "Lou T" wrote: > I have a bar chart with x-axis tick mark labels ranging from 0-13...

Changing font case in a selected column
Probably an easy one for you experts but I am very frustrated! I have copied data from one worksheet to another and to tidy it up I want to change the font from sentence case e.g. Hume to upper case e.g. HUME. How do I do it? Many Thanks Paul With Hume in A1, put this in B1 =UPPER(A1) it will display as HUME....... Note that =PROPER(B1) in cell C1 will turn it back to Hume....... Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "PAUL HUME" <paul.c.hume@jobcentreplus.gov.uk> wrote in message news:0a4101c34608$450edaf0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Probably an easy one for you experts ...

Text overlap page in Powerpoint
A Excel spreadsheet is embedded onto a powerpoint slide. When I double click on the text in the slide, the Excel spreadsheet opens for editing. However, after making a change, (font change) the Powerpoint text overlaps the page and I am unable to resize the text to fit the page. It lets me select the text and resize the box, but the text is cut off and am unable to stretch it to view the cut off portion. Any ideas? ...

in printing a word( 2007) document, the number 2 is missing
Using Microsoft 2007 and printer is HP Laserjet 2200D. On all pages, the number 2 does not print. Does the problem go away if you choose a different font? -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "gsw" <gsw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:15C05E0B-CB3C-4667-90A6-306B1D9FA711@microsoft.com... > Using Microsoft 2007 and printer is HP Laserjet 2200D. On all pages, the > number 2 does not print. ...

cannot print budget need help
Hi running Vista Home premium as my OS and IE 8 and MS Money +. I can print the monthly spending by category but when I view the budget report iI xannot figure out how to print it. The help said to look for print this report in the left task pane but that option is not there. So I clicked on file and tried to print there but the print option is greyed out. The help said I could also send it via email as a. txt file. So how can I get this report printed? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Kaja ...

print preview command in Excel

I want to conditionally format an entire column after 1 year from
I am trying to conditionally format a column to have the text (which are dates) to turn red/bold a year from the date in the cell. I know how to bold/red, I just can't figure out how to set it for a year from the date in each particular cell. The dates are different in each cell. Thank you! 1 year from...which date/cell? Assuming you mean today, your CF formula would be: =B2>TODAY()+365 If its a particular cell you're comparing, make it: =B2>$A$1+365 -- Best Regards, Luke M "JEA" <JEA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...