Printing column area

I would like to print a column area in repeated pages (not the whole column). Any ideas?
0
anonymous (74722)

It's not totally clear to me what you're asking.  But if it is, how do you
limit the print area to a specific range,  first select the range and then
use File, Print Area, Set Print Area.

--
Jim Rech
Excel MVP

0
jrrech (1932)
11/19/2003 12:30:49 PM
Well that is how to print a certain range but what I am asking is that I want a certain part of the column to be repeated in all the pages. By clicking Page Setup/Sheet and ticking the option "columns to repeat at left" it takes the whole column and not a part of it. I just want a part of the column to be repeated (not the whole column). Thanks.

     ----- Jim Rech έγραψε: ----

     It's not totally clear to me what you're asking.  But if it is, how do yo
     limit the print area to a specific range,  first select the range and the
     use File, Print Area, Set Print Area

     --
     Jim Rec
     Excel MV

0
anonymous (74722)
11/19/2003 1:06:06 PM
>>I just want a part of the column to be repeated (not the whole column).

Got you.  Well, the part of the column that is printed to the left is the
same rows that are in the print area.  So if the print area is F10:J20, the
rows of, say, column A that are printed are 10:20.  Sorry but I don't think
you can anything abou that.

So, not to print certain cells in the left column would require some other
workaround.  Like changing their number format to ;;; to make them
invisible.  A macro could make that easy to do...

--
Jim Rech
Excel MVP

0
jrrech (1932)

Printing from Word v.X
Version: v.X Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I just upgraded my computer from a PowerBook G4 to a MacMini (Intel based w/Snow Leopard). I had the store I bought the Mac from (authorized Mac folks) migrate my user data to the new computer. This included migrating my vX suite that included Word. Here's the problem: <br><br>Most of my documents from Word will not print - when I hit print, the printer (HP Office Jet Pro L7700) spits out a blank page. I've found one document, however, that will print - but I can't figure out what'...

Comparison of columns and calculate differences
I have three columns. Column A & B represent the order in which items have to be made. Column C represents the difference between the order in the two columns in terms of how many rows the value in Column B has moved forward or backward relative to Column A. How can I calculate the value of the difference and populate column C ? Col Col Col A B C 1127 1129 +1 1129 1130 +1 1130 1132 +3 1102 1102 0 1131 1131 0 1132 1133 +1 1133 1135 +1 1135 1137 +2 1062 1138 +2 1137 1062 -1 1138 1141 +1 1141 1143 Doesn't look...

multiple columns / rows to be referenced through a listbox
Hi, I have a huge amount of data in one sheet spanning 8 coloumns the first of which runs from 0 - 11 to the bottem (each number corresponding with multiple rows). On anouther sheet I have a listbox with the values 1 - 11 with a cell reference. How do I get the listbox to recall the data ranges that correspond with the '1 - 11' and place that data one the first sheet by the list box. I have tried with lookup tables but I am thinking that case statements may be the way to go? Cheers -- Hru48 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Hru48's Pr...

Count the dates in a specified range of data (column).
I am trying to count the number of dates in a column of data. I am looking for a formula that could count the specified dates. Thanks example: Sep/03 1 oct/03 19 Nov/03 0 Dec/03 6 Example column: 10/24/03 10/24/03 12/2/03 10/24/03 10/24/03 12/2/03 10/24/03 10/24/03 12/2/03 10/24/03 10/24/03 12/2/03 10/24/03 10/24/03 12/2/03 10/24/03 10/24/03 12/2/03 10/24/03 9/23/03 10/31/03 10/31/03 10/24/03 10/10/03 10/10/03 =COUNTIF(Data,"12/22/03") -- Greeting from the Gulf Coast! http://myweb.cableone.net/twodays "Faraj" <FA6@dcx.com> wrote in message ne...

HR reports printing blank
Hello: I'm printing a few HR employee reports on Dynamics GP 9.0 in Fabrikam. No data is printing when I choose Pilar Ackerman. Any ideas as to hwo to get data to print? Thanks! childofthe1980s Have you loaded the sample HR data? Are you entering any data manually? Try doing that and run a report. -- Charles Allen, MVP "childothe1980s" wrote: > Hello: > > I'm printing a few HR employee reports on Dynamics GP 9.0 in Fabrikam. No > data is printing when I choose Pilar Ackerman. > > Any ideas as to hwo to get data to print? > > Thanks...

Printed Header on Email

print booklet with Word 2007
I'm having trouble printing a 55+ page booklet in duplex. Page 45 prints it's text on top of page 12, however the graphics on 45 stays put as expected. Page 45 and 12 do share a single half sheet. I have deleted and re-inserted these documents with no benefit. I cannot see anything on any page that might cause this type of issue. Anyone have any clues? ...

Sorting Columns
I have three columns Store City Date Penneys Dallas 4/5/02 Sears Atlanta 6/7/01 Macys Miami 10/15/02 Nordstrom Baltimore 9/28/01 I have three worksheets. Each has the same data. I want sheet 1 to sort ascending by store, sheet 2 to sort ascending by city, sheet to sort ascending by date. I want these sorts to occur whan the sheet is activated. Can you help me, please? I have Windows XP, Office 2003. Leslie Barberie Go to Sheet 1, right click on the tab, select View Code and past the following S...

How to fix the width of a ListView column ?
Hi: I have a CListCtrl control. I'd like to fix the column width so that the user cannot change the column width. Is it possible? Thanks Polaris ...

Printing Problem
When I print out my account information -- checks, payments, withdrawals, etc. -- the printer doesn't print the "cleared" or "reconciled" line. How can I get this line printed so I can have a permanent record of what has been cleared and reconciled? T I A. Please identify the report in question. Most transaction-centric reports can be customized to include or exclude cleared status. "John Savage" <j-a-savage@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:00bf01c39be5$631cbe30$a101280a@phx.gbl... > When I print out my account information -- checks, >...

Print Buttons
is it possible to use check boxes to choose certain sheets to print using a print button macro instead of creating a print button macro for every sheet. Hi Toe You can use a userform with a listbox and a button on it Add this code in the Userform module In the properties of the listbox set Multiselect to 1 Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() Dim arr() As String Dim N As Integer N = 0 For i = 0 To ListBox1.ListCount - 1 If ListBox1.Selected(i) = True Then N = N + 1 ReDim Preserve arr(1 To N) arr(N) = ListBox1.List(i) End If...

How do I print selected rows?
I want to select some rows from two different worksheet pages and have them print out on the same piece of paper ( I get one row printed out per sheet of paper right now?) I want all selected rows to print out on the same piece of paper. Thanks -- kmf On a temporary basis you could open a third worksheet and copy and paste the required data. If you want this on a more permanent basis you could open a third worksheet and pull the required data in using a formula. Regards. Bill Ridgeway Computer Solutions "kmf" <kmf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AF3...

Linking Columns to Excel Worksheets
On the column format, after selecting WKS under the "type", how do you designate which worksheet for FRx to pull from? If you are not using a tree, in the row format you go to column H, click on the link icon (or click link on the toolbar) and select thaat column H is a GL + Worksheet, enter your spreadsheet and you map the rows using the format: @WKS (B=C5,C=D5,D=E5...) Where B is your Column format column (that has WKS in it) and C5, D5, E5 ... are your spreadsheet cells. Note, use commas, not spaces (spaces don't work in SP3,4 and 5) and keep an eye on the number o...

Printing Envelopes
Can I print envelopes from a name & address list in excel format? If so How? Thanks Hi Pietrina, Use MS Word with Excel as the database. The Excel worksheet must be first worksheet. My webpage is set up with directions to print labels, but the technique is the same. http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/search.htm "Pietrina" <Pietrina21@msn.com> wrote in m...

Printing name at top of email
Please help. In my office we typicaly have several e-mail addresses coming into our Microsoft Outlook. When we print out e-mails, it has our name at top in bold print. We would like to find a setting to elimanate the name at top, but not the to and from addresses. Any help would be appreciated. Tara "Tara" <tjftx@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:a79201c3eb6c$f4988f20$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Please help. > In my office we typicaly have several e-mail addresses > coming into our Microsoft Outlook. When we print out > e-mails, it has our name at top in bold print. We w...

How do I insert borders in every cell in a column
Please help Thanks Steve Select your range and click on the border drop down icon in the menu and select your desire border style. "Steve" wrote: > > > Please help > Thanks Steve ...

Printing Sales Receipt Problem
I have removed the ~ symbol from the receipt.xml file for both the Item Look Up Code and the description so the information won't cut off at the end of the line when printing but will continue to the next line. When I view the Print Layout through the receipt proporties in the Manager program it looks fine but then when I try to print something is still dosen't rap the description nor the item lookup code down to the next line. Why? -- Microsoft Partner Yaniv, If you're using OPOS drivers you'll have to switch to a Windows driver. Good luck, Matt "Yaniv Zahavi&...

Printing entire page of gridlines
How do you print an entire page of grid lines? I can only prin gridlines that have values in them. I want the whole page(so I ca actually write stuff in later)? TI -- arak ----------------------------------------------------------------------- araki's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1533 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=49617 Highlight the range of cells of interest.....then right-click > FormatCells > BorderTab >(select line style desired) > OutlineButton > InsideButton Vaya con Dios, Chuck CA...

Subform Columns bunching up
Hi and TIA! I have a form with a subform in datasheet view. On the subform it appears on some of the columns are bunching up to the left and side of the columns and looks like some of the data from those columns are in the other columns. Its not but looks that way. Sometimes if I resize a column it all goes away and looks perfect but not always. I have no conditional formatting set. I do have several columns at left frozen. Any suggestions are appreciated. This happens on all my clients computers too so I pretty sure it has something to do with a setting or something in m...

Displaying data across columns
I need a arrange the data from a table across columns similar to a crosstab query, but the crosstab didn't work for me. Do anyone have any suggestions? Here is a basic breakdown of what I'm looking to do... I have a table with basically two columns: AcctID & AssocID. The AcctID could be listed once or several times depending on how many AssocIDs are related to each particular AcctID. What I need is to have the AcctID listed only once (as primary key) with the AssocIDs listed across. How can I achieve this. My first thought was to do it manually in Excel, but th...

Printing multiple chart sheets
Is there a way to print multiple chart sheets? When I select multiple tabs, I do not see the chart tab (in File>Page setup) anymore. If a chart sheet is active (with multiple tabs selected), the chart tab should still be available in the Page Setup dialog box. Travis wrote: > Is there a way to print multiple chart sheets? > When I select multiple tabs, I do not see the chart tab (in File>Page setup) anymore. -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

Getting more printed pages than requested
Print jobs are being logged in the spooler with the correct quantity but the number of printed pages that comes out of the HP4700 printer is more than requested. Verified that the spooler is receiving the correct quantity via information event logs. For example, sent a request for 20 pages of a particular document. The spooler logs a print event with a quantity of 20. The printer prints 13 of the request and then prints the requested 20, totalling 33 printed pages. The initial print may vary - sometimes it's 4 or 6 or 13 but the subsquent print is always the original req...

print
Hi, I created the department newsletter which has 5 pages. Page set up Publication type: Banner Page size: Custom Width: 9" Height: 4.3' Orientation: portrait It looked nice when I sent it out by email since people can see it as message, not attachment. However, it was mess up when I printed it off. Please show me how to print the long newsletter. Thanks Chi It just ain't gonna happen as easily as you think. Try the following: http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/multipageemail -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Chi" <Chi@discussions.mic...

Label Print UPCA at HQ
Hi, I have RMS 1.3 Headquarter and 3 Different stores. i have to send deliveries in all my stores and i want to print Barcode at HQ instead printing bar code store level. please help me that how can i print barcodes in HQ. Thanks If you have a dedicated barcode printer such as one from Cognitive or Zebra, you can connect our Power Ops tool to your HQ database and print labels. Label formats must be PCL-type but you can define up to 9 custom formats and set the default. You can also print labels in two clicks or two keystrokes. (F12, Enter). Power Ops is one of the utilities in our RM...

Print RTF spanning multiple pages
Hi, My application uses a RTF file to report the results of an execution. This report file can be printed out automatically or saved for future purposes. The content of the RTF report file is very diverse: text in different fonts and colors, pictures, tables, ... When I create the RTF file I set its page width to the maximum (up to 5 times a normal A4 width) so that ever large objects (tables or pictures) can be displayed correctly. I run into problems when the content I want to print out is wider than one physical page: a long line of text gets 'word wrapped' to the next line(s) ins...