Printing colored text

I have different colored text in different cells, however none of it is printing in color. All Text comes out black and white. I can however print fill colors. When I give my file to someone else to print it comes out fine. So I assume it is a setting on my specific computer or excel program. Please help.
0
anonymous (74722)

This is just a wild guess.

Maybe it's not excel--maybe it's the printer driver.  Can you reinstall it (or
even get a fresh copy from the manufacturer's web site)?

It really seems weird that the fill prints colors, but not the font.

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

(well, it's an ok question if you don't share network printers <bg>)

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

Shrinking Text
Hi everybody, in our Office (Word) 2007 application, WTS 2008x64, the following happens (for some - not all- users): A text is written and formatted normally and without any problems. The document shall be printed. After the printjob is executed, the chracters of the text lines are compressed to only a few millimeters in width. The font height remains normal. Nothing is legible. This now ocurs on the printed doc as well as on the screen. After the doc is saved and opened in a different session, everything is OK and works well... What can I do? As always, every help and ...

Finding characters within a text
Hi How to check, using single formula, that a text within a certain cell contains one of certain characters? For instance, how to check if there is a 'R', 'L' or 'Ps' character within cell A1 that reads 'W-RII'. Thanks in advance Hmm..not very elegant, but maybe =NOT(AND(ISERROR(FIND("R",A1)),ISERROR(FIND("L",A1)),ISERROR(FIND("P",A1)))) Returns TRUE if the text in A1 contains 'R', 'L' or 'Ps' . FIND is case-sensitive, use SEARCH if you also want to find lower-case characters. Cheers, Joerg Mochiku...

Text Effects Scrolling or Blinking text
How do apply the scroll or blinking feature to text that you want to emphasize in a word document. Prior to MS2007 there was a feature on the fonts tab that allowed a user to apply the following features to text "marching ants, blinking text, scrolling marquee, etc. I cannot find the any of these features anywhere in Word 2007. "HELP" There is no direct access to them, but they are still available by macro I posted the following macro recently, for use in Word 2007 Sub AnimateFont() Dim sAnimation As String If Len(Selection.Range) = 0 Then MsgBox "...

Text to columns

What is 'Align Text to Base Line Guide'?
Trying to make sure all lines have the same amount of space between them I selected paragraph from the format menu and under the line adjustments there is a box 'align text to base line guides' Ok I did that, now there are lines at the margines of my newsletter. What are these? Also selecting this pushed my text down from the top edge of the text box. What is this? The baseline guide measurements are in the Arrange, Layout Guides, Baseline tab. There is help in the Help menu. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Go_Girl3647" <GoGirl3647@discussions.microsoft.com...

Report Writer Text Spacing Problems While Modifying a PO form
Due to Report Writer static text field size limitations, I am forced to try to use two adjacent text fields to complete a sentence. I am having an inordinate amout of problems trying to get words to align in sentences with the correct amount of character spacing between words that span the text field boundaries. And, the process of toggling between Report Writer and Dyamics to get the Purchase Order form to reprint is time consuming. What am I missing (besides patience)? -- Jay Jay, 1) Setup a calculated field for your static text. Set the result type to String, and use the Constant...

Changing Text Box Size and Location on a form, at run time with Access Xp
Hello All, Is it possible to change the size of the text box (or any other control) on a form at run time, by Drag and drop or resizing borders using the mouse events. (Just like the design mode but the user will use it at run time on form view). Thanks in advance... You should be able to resize in your code if necessary. Me.control.Visible = True Me.control.Height = 1000 Me.control.Width = 1000 Don't forget to set them back when you are done. "Developer" wrote: > Hello All, > Is it possible to change the size of the text box (or any other control) on > a ...

Color not working
I am operating Windows 2000, using Office Pro 2003. I am no longer able to format my cells with colors, either shading or text coloring. I have run the repair feature, but it didn't work. Bold, Underline, and similar functions still work. Please help. Thanks. CC Have a look at this: Changes to Fill Color and Fill Pattern Are Not Displayed http://support.microsoft.com/?id=320531 Biff >-----Original Message----- >I am operating Windows 2000, using Office Pro 2003. I am >no longer able to format my cells with colors, either >shading or text coloring....

How do text capture tools work?
Here are two examples of this technology. http://www.textcapture.com/en/default.html http://www.deskperience.com/textcapture/ Sounds like they will have to involve OCR, which works fine for standard fonts but probably won't work with fancy fonts. Key here is to test them try a static control with a TextOut and change the fonts and see what happens. joe On Wed, 31 Oct 2007 15:02:04 -0500, "Peter Olcott" <NoSpam@SeeScreen.com> wrote: >Here are two examples of this technology. > > http://www.textcapture.com/en/default.html > http://www.deskp...

Ordering by number and text
I use a report to print out checklists that in the detail section have item number to delineate each checklist item. The item numbers as an example are 1-1, 1-2, 1-2a, 1-2b, or 2-1, 2-2, 2-3, 2-3a, 2-3b and so on. The report is grouped by checklist section and the grouping works perfectly but when the report is printed the item numbers are ordered in this order 1-1, 1-10, 1-11, 1-2, 1-3, 1-3a, 1-3b, 1-4, 1-5, 1-6, 1-7, 1-9. Obviously I want the the order to be in proper numerical sequence where 1-10 comes after 1-9. but even replacing the '-' with a decimal point doesn't ...

How do I print only odd pages in Publisher and then only even page
I am attempting duplex printing with a printer that is unable to do duplex printing by printing odd pages first and then flipping the pages over and printing only even pages. No option is given that I can find in the print window. Help! Sarah Wright wrote: > I am attempting duplex printing with a printer that is unable to do > duplex printing by printing odd pages first and then flipping the > pages over and printing only even pages. > > No option is given that I can find in the print window. > > Help! The duplex printing add-in can be found here (http://publisherm...

Spiral text
Does anyone know how to create spiral text? In a draw program for sure. You probably can get close in Publisher, but it will not look as good as a draw program can do. Serif has a free program you can try. DrawPlus http://www.freeserifsoftware.com/ -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "jaykay" <jaykay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:71954A65-C46F-4005-9553-B324EFEE7500@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know how to create spiral text? I've downloaded the program, but can't figur...

Email Text Dissappears when Save
When we save email messages (as a draft) the text dissappears, even when th I use my administrator account. Anybody have any idea what that is happening. ...

Count the text in a column
I would like to count the text in a column then for it to add a figure in another cell if it meets the text criteria Thanks! Do you mean count the characters? If so =SUM(NOT(ISNUMBER(A1:A20))*LEN(A1:A20)) as an array formula (committed with Ctrl-Shift-Enter) -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Peter Curtis" <PeterCurtis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:94C093C4-38DC-4989-846A-9352F3298B7C@microsoft.com... > I would like to count the text in a column then for it to add a figure in > another cell if it meets the t...

grayscale autoshape changes to color when converting to PDF
When converting from Microsoft Publisher 2007 to Adobe Acrobat 8.0 PDF, the autoshape picture that we changed to grayscale changes back to color when reviewing the created PDF. Are you setting Acrobat to print in black and white? Select the PDF printer, properties, paper/quality tab. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "CDJ" <CDJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6BE9EE01-97DB-4AB6-BD9C-25E27E0BB68D@microsoft.com... > When converting from Microsoft Publisher 2007 to Adobe Acrobat 8.0 P...

Highlight color for selected items
How can I find out what color is used for highlighting selected items (for example in Windows Explorer)on a users computer? Normally it is a blue color, but a user can change that. "Urban Olars" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:071c01c3c941$3db2c890$a401280a@phx.gbl... > How can I find out what color is used for highlighting > selected items (for example in Windows Explorer)on a users > computer? > Normally it is a blue color, but a user can change that. See if it's GetSysColor/COLOR_HIGHLIGHT. -- Jeff Partch [VC++ MVP] Take a ...

Converting number to text

FormatAutoshape->ColorsAndLines->Fill->Color->Background
Does anyone know what the above switch does? As far as I can see, it forces a fill of white. I am using Office 2003 with Windows XP. It forces the fill to match the backgrouns fill at any point (I guess you have a white background). Give your slide a background picture or gradient (right click > format background), cover it with eg a plain blue rectangle. Now insert a circle and do as you did above. Move the circle around to see how it works. -- john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/powerpoint_hints_and_tips_tutorials...

Printing drawings
Visio 2007 Professsional ... Have succesfully reverse engineered a SQL Server DB selecting tables. Select tables and PK, however drawing created has all columns included. Is there a way to suppress the columns so only the tables are revealed? Thanks, Jim Yes with Visio for enterprise architect version "Jim Peterson" <JimPeterson@discussions.microsoft.com> a écrit dans le message de news:1232D9FA-E60A-4BD1-AF91-A6EA688A1819@microsoft.com... > Visio 2007 Professsional ... > > Have succesfully reverse engineered a SQL Server DB selecting tables. > Select t...

Setting Text in a ComboBox
Hi, Does anybody know why I cannot set the text in the edit control of a CBS_DROPDOWN style CombBox control using SetWindowText()? I was able to change the text in the edit control part of the ComboBox manually. Thanks, Vincent. I don't know why can't you? Post some code. You should be able to m_MyCombo.SetWindowText("The Text"); Ali R. "Vincent Yu" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5e2b01c3ad48$5309d630$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, Does anybody know why I cannot set the text in the > edit control of a CBS_DROPDOWN style ...

anchor picture to text box
(Publisher 2003) I have a newsletter with a Kudos box. In the corners of the box I have a happy face. I'd like the happy faces to be anchored to their corners so when I enlarge or shorten the box, the faces move along with the text box. Why not create a rectangle, insert the happy faces, group. The problem as I see it would be if you resize, the happy faces could be distorted if you widen or shrink the group. You would always have to re-size proportionally. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Helen" <Helen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:193...