Printing all worksheet names

Does anyone know if it possible to print a list of
worksheet names? A list similar to the one you would find
in the "Contents" tab of the files' Properties.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Programme - XP Excel
0
anonymous (74722)

Hi

This topic was covered lately in microsoft.excel.worksheet.functions NG
(thread 'print sheet tab names' started by JDB at 06.01.2004 16:00). Here is
the solution from me:

Create an UDF
---
Public Function TabByIndex(TabIndex As Integer) As String
    Application.Volatile
    TabByIndex = Sheets(TabIndex).Name
End Function
---

On some empty worksheet, enter the formula below into any cell, and copy it
down at least until all worksheets are listed:
=IF(ISERROR(TABBYINDEX(ROW(A1))),"",TABBYINDEX(ROW(A1)))

--
(When sending e-mail, use address arvil@tarkon.ee)
Arvi Laanemets

"Rory" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know if it possible to print a list of
> worksheet names? A list similar to the one you would find
> in the "Contents" tab of the files' Properties.
>
> Thanks for any help you can provide.
>
> Programme - XP Excel

0
garbage (651)
1/8/2004 7:25:19 AM
or directly

Sub PrintNAmes()
Dim sh As Worksheet
Dim i As Long

    For Each sh In ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets
        i = i + 1
        Cells(i, 1).Value = sh.Name
    Next sh

End Sub

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Arvi Laanemets" <garbage@hot.ee> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> This topic was covered lately in microsoft.excel.worksheet.functions NG
> (thread 'print sheet tab names' started by JDB at 06.01.2004 16:00). Here
is
> the solution from me:
>
> Create an UDF
> ---
> Public Function TabByIndex(TabIndex As Integer) As String
>     Application.Volatile
>     TabByIndex = Sheets(TabIndex).Name
> End Function
> ---
>
> On some empty worksheet, enter the formula below into any cell, and copy
it
> down at least until all worksheets are listed:
> =IF(ISERROR(TABBYINDEX(ROW(A1))),"",TABBYINDEX(ROW(A1)))
>

> --
> (When sending e-mail, use address arvil@tarkon.ee)
> Arvi Laanemets
>

> "Rory" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Does anyone know if it possible to print a list of
> > worksheet names? A list similar to the one you would find
> > in the "Contents" tab of the files' Properties.
> >
> > Thanks for any help you can provide.
> >
> > Programme - XP Excel

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)

Using MasterPackQuantity in Purchase Order Print Outs
I want to be able to customize my Purchase Order print outs whereby for each item I would have the following headings: -Reorder Number -Carton Quantity (ie. Quantity Ordered / MasterPackQuantity) -Pack Quantity (ie. MasterPackQuantity) -Quantity Ordered -Description -Unit Price -Total Cost For example: An item I have has an MPQ of 12, a Restock Point of 5 and Restock Level of 24 and I have 3 in stock. Therefore I have to order 24 units of this item. I want to represent this on my Purchase order as 2 x 12 pieces. Can this be done? Thanks, Brian ...

Microsoft Publisher prints pdf in Mirror
When I attempt to print a Microsoft Publisher (Publisher 2002 (10.4128, 4129) SP2 using Acrobat 5.05, the PDF is a complete mirror of the original document. It actually reads from right to left and from bottom to top. This is occurring on newly created documents and documents that converted perfectly in the past. I am running Windows XP Professional. This only occurs with Publisher. All other documents (Lotus Smartsuite, Microsoft Excel, Word, etc) are all okay. Any help would be greatly appriciated... jacsdad Look for "Mirrored output" in the advanced section of the p...

Inserting Multiple Worksheets? #2
Thanks for the reply. Don't know how to use code so I'll just renam manually. Another question... I am running a summary worksheet that takes the averages of specifi cells in a range of other worksheets i.e. =AVERAGE('11-04-04:11-10-04'!C3). Is there a way to automaticall update this range every time another worksheet is added to the end o the range -- Mr Zer ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Mr Zero's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1558 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthre...

Print qty from a form
I am creating a label program where i can select and product from a table and store the selected item to another table so i can print the selected item. I was wondering if I could enter a value and press the print button so the program will automatically print the qty entered in the qty field. Thanks -- George Sydney Frustrated programmer George, Please describe a bit more... Are you printing one label, a certain number of times? It sounds as though you want to print unique labels, but with a common Qty? Please show us some sample data, and what you would like to see on your...

Conditional sum: different worksheets
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0011_01C3A2AA.7E076620 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi ng. Using xl xp pro. Tried running conditional sum wizard on tab: Accnt_Dat Through the wizard I established 3 criteria for the sum Wizard prompts for resultant placement. I chose tab: Comm Nothing appeared in the cell I selected. I repeated all steps carefully in case I made an error. Still nothing was placed in: Comm!$C$2. I started trying to type by hand and came up with: =3D(SUM(OR(IF(Accnt_Da...

ODBC Error: Data Source name Not Found and No Default Driver Specified
Hi everyone, When trying to query a SQL database via Excel and when trying to refresh the information within Excel, I receive the following error: ODBC DRIVER MANAGER: Data Source Name Not Found and no Default Driver Specified. Does anyone know what this is and how to fix this? Thank You! Eric, When you query an external database you need to set up and ODBC data source name (DSN). This allows your query to connect to the data source. You'll need the ODBC driver for the type of database your connecting to. (e.g. Access). Most likely this driver already exists on your system. ...

picture will not print in word 2007
Picture shows up in print preview but only prints a box in place of picture If the picture is displayed in Print Layout view but not in Print Preview, check the box for "Print drawings created in Word" at Office Button | Word Options | Display. If it's really showing up in Print Preview and not printing, then the problem is with the printer, not Word. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Knapp216" <Knapp216@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B356D918-1D60-44F8-97D...

Print to an MDI Format
Could someone help me with a problem. We are trying to cut down on Faxing and printing our Job Sheets to our Techs so I setup a report that has an option to output each job to PDF and then email it, but it is so slow, about 2 mins per PDF. Can anyone help me either with a speedier solution to PDF Format or print to "Microsoft Document Imaging " MDI Format, which seams very fast but I can't figure out the coding. Thanks in advance. Ross You don't mention how, or what your using to create the pdf file. The creating of the pdf file should not be any longer then to g...

Why last line prints on second page
I have a two page form. The last line of the first page now prints on the top of the 2nd page. It USED TO print properly on the bottom of the first page. I don't know what I changed to have it print at the top of the 2nd page. How do I get it to print back on the bottom of the first page? I don't print forms, but I am thinking that either your margins changed or your printer, so check your margins. God Bless, Mark A. Sam "tjsmags" <tjsmags@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DDD44327-C3D0-47D3-A7FB-D5E5AFD6CACA@microsoft.com... >I have a t...

how can I print edge to edge when making postcards in publisher?
I made my Postcards 4 per page portrait and the cards appear off center in the print preview and parts are cut off and there is a white area on all 4 sides. I need to print edge to edge how can I adjust the margins? Can your printer print borderless? Your printer has margin limitations, an unprintable area. Generally in portrait your largest margin will be on the bottom. Look at your documentation. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "tnaa97" <tnaa97@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1D...

Sorting on protected worksheet
Is there a way to perform the following tasks on a protected worksheet? 1. Sort by columns 2. Find/replace 3. Resize column widt -- jgolfe ----------------------------------------------------------------------- jgolfer's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1454 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26174 Hi what Excel version are you ujsing. In later versions you have several options in the protection dialog to enable specific procedures -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany jgolfer wrote: > Is there a way to ...

Linking workbook to multiple worksheets
Hello all Hoping to get some insight on linking a workbook to multiple worksheets My problem is as follows: I wish to link cell B26 from a workbook named Physician to cell B27 in a worksheet in a totally different workbook named Nurse1. I am doing this by simply utilizing the = command. The real issue is this: I wish to then link cell B27 from the Physician workbook to cell B27 on a new worksheet named Nurse2. I wish to continue this incrementing pattern from the Physician workbook for many diffenet worksheets. Is there a way to accomplish this? Thanks so much in advance Ron First, 'p...

Creating a worksheet with stats created from selected data...
I am creating a spreadsheet that I believe requires 3 sheets. The first sheet will be a database containing up to 500 company names. The second sheet will contain a pivot table for total stats, so far so good. I also need to produce different stats (percentages of actual vs target) for a selected number of companies (the companies will remain the same or only change infrequently). Any suggestions for the best way forward for the third sheet? TIA. ...

worksheet window couldn't be full-screen to excel
Hi expert, I found my worksheet under excel couldn't be full screened to the excel window. I hit the "full-screen" button at the right top corner and it only flashed and remained as a window within excel ( smaller than the excel window size) It used to be OK but somehow not functioned properly recently. Any way to reset it back? I'm using Office Excel 2003 SP2. Thanks Surfer ...

printing an array of worksheets
I have an excel-file with a lot of worksheets in it, and I would like to print only a few of them (in my case: from the first sheet to a sheet named "btw"). I have the following code (selection made manually): Sub TestPrint() ActiveWindow.ScrollWorkbookTabs Position:=xlFirst Sheets("Voorblad").Select Sheets(Array("Voorblad", "Inhoudsopgave", "Opdracht", "res", "fin", "liq", "balans", _ "V&W", "kosten", "Grondslagen", "vaste_act", "f...

auto fill cells with "formulas" from within the same worksheet
Hello all I'm trying to have Excel auto fill adjacent cells in a row (B1:E1) after selecting a name from an in-cell dropdown list at A1. The source of the names in the list (A10:A13) and their corresponding "formulas" are at B10:E10, B11:E11, B12:E12, & B13:E13. Does anyone know how to write a macro or if-then statement, etc. that will automatically copy & paste special (formulas) to B1:E1 upon the selection of the name at A1 Thanks, btk btk, here's one way. Put this in B1: =VLOOKUP($A$1,$A$10:$E$13,COLUMN(),FALSE) and copy it to C1:E1. DDM "DDM's Micros...

Printing layout
I need to print a 12-page newsletter, double sided, with 2 pages on each side. The printer will only print 1 side at a time, so I have determined that I first need to print pages 1-3 (pp. 12 & 1, 10 & 3 and 8 & 5) and then flip the pages over and print the other side (pp. 2 & 11, 4 & 9) and 6 & 7). Unfortunately, I have no idea how to get the pages in that order. I tried converting it to a pdf file and moving the pages that way, but for some reason each page put the pages I wanted in the opposite position. Easiest way. View, clear two page spread. Print current...

Command button
[Excel 2003] I have a listbox on a userform which displays the computers name : YOUR-X9X9X9X9 Is there a way to have a command button check this code against a string within the command button code which will do the following 1) if the code matches, a second userform :Userform2 is shown 2) if the code doesnt match a warning is shown and the command button doesnt open the second userform Can anyone help? Thanks, Roger Hi there, The principle is exactly the same as in your other post. Something along these lines: Function MayProceed() As Boolean Const ...

Totals reflecting filtered cells only
Hi Under a range of data, I have cells with formulas or calculated totals based on all of the data in that range. When trying to filter on this data, I wish the results of the formulas/totals to change to refelct only the data that has been filtered (the visible cells). Any suggestions? Try the subtotal function: =SUBTOTAL(9,F12:F22) It will total only visible cell Good Luck Mike >-----Original Message----- >Hi > >Under a range of data, I have cells with formulas or calculated totals >based on all of the data in that range. When trying to filter on this >data, I wish...

Outlook connect to Exchange get name resolved error
Hi. Im using Microsoft Server 2003, I have created a new user and mail box and when i try to setup the email on the client computer i receive the error msg, "The name could not be resolved. The name could not be matched to a name in the address list. " I have had a look around the users profile and i notice that they are not listed in the Global Address List. As far as i can tell when i run through the wizard and create a new user a mailbox has been created. Any ideas, pls help Thanks. Albert In news:Ot1VlDR0GHA.4392@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl, Albert Wang <albert_z...

Deserialize on Node Name and not Node Type
Hi, I have an xsd that looks something like the following: <xs:complexType name="CarType">...</xs:complexType> The CarType then gets used in another xsd in the following way: <xs:element name="MyCar" type="CarType" /> Thus the xml that we receive from the client looks like: <MyCar>...</MyCar> I try to derialise the xml with the following code: XmlSerializer ser = new XmlSerializer(typeof(CarType)); But it fails as it is expecting xml that looks like: <CarType>...</CarType> and not <MyCar>...</MyCar> Any id...

Name a Sheet as Text in Sheet 1 "M2"
I was looking for someone who could help me with the following. I wanted to make a macro that at one point inserts a new sheet in the document and names it after the content of cell M2 in sheet 1. Thanks in advance! The best way for you to learn how to do this is to record a macro while you do it. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Jasper" <Jasper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:31CEA9EF-9144-4ADB-88B4-7F755F40E968@microsoft.com... > I was looking for someone who could help me with the following. I wanted to > make a macro that at one...

One Label for Each Address, adding "Family" Name
I'm using Access 2007 where I have a database with 575 karate students (with a lot of siblings). Each student is on a separate record. I want to create mailing labels but here's where I get stuck. (1) Only one label to each address (2) Instead of full name I would like it to say "The Smith Family" (3) In today's age, some households have multiple last names. Not sure how to handle that, possibly "The Smith & Jones Families". Fields that I will be using for this are: First Name, Last Name, Address, City, State, Postal Code I greatly appreciate any sug...

How to print on 17" long paper
Hi, I have a project that I am trying to do. I designed a card that folds. I took 11x17" paper and cut it in half so it is now 5.5" x17. How do I get it to print on the length of 17" without it doing the banner tile type of printing. By cutting the width to 5.5" it is able to feed through the printer (HP PSC 750xi). I just need it to continue printing the entire length of the paper. Thanks for your help! J9 Didja try printing it two-up and cutting the paper later? "J9" <J9@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4312D56F-7BC5-4403-AC0...

Offset text print problems
recently all of my excel documents are printing the text offset from the gridlines. I have checked through every setting I can think of and am having no luck. I have even changed the font I am using. Any ideas on why this is happening and or how to fix it ? I have no idea, but I'd start with the printer driver. Either get a fresh or new driver from your printer's manufacturer. You may even want to try it on a different printer to see if that makes a difference. IMC Techie wrote: > > recently all of my excel documents are printing the text offset from the > gridlines....