Printing #9

I work like to know how to set up the print function so I
can print multiple worksheets in the same wookbook by just
clicking the print button.

Hi Tom

Select the Sheets and print
Don't forget to ungroup the sheets

Or use VBA

ActiveWorkbook.PrintOut
'the whole workbook

Worksheets.PrintOut
'all worksheets

Sheets.PrintOut
'all sheets

Sheets(Array("Sheet1", "Sheet3")).PrintOut
'all sheets in the array

ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintOut
'print all selected sheets

ActiveSheet.PrintOut
'only the activesheet

Sheets("Sheet1").PrintOut
'only "Sheet1"

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
(Win XP Pro SP-1  XL2000-2003)

"Tom" <tom.preotlelane@verizon.net> wrote in message news:066901c3dd08$4d7647e0$a601280a@phx.gbl...
> I work like to know how to set up the print function so I
> can print multiple worksheets in the same wookbook by just
> clicking the print button.

0
rondebruin (3790)
1/17/2004 4:03:03 PM
Ron,

I'm not the OP, but I would like to know how and where I can use the VBA.
Do I need to use it in a macro, or maybe use a button on a worksheet or
what?

Thanks

Jim Orson

"Ron de Bruin" <rondebruin@kabelfoon.nl> wrote in message
> Hi Tom
>
> Select the Sheets and print
> Don't forget to ungroup the sheets
>
> Or use VBA
>
> ActiveWorkbook.PrintOut
> 'the whole workbook
>
> Worksheets.PrintOut
> 'all worksheets
>
> Sheets.PrintOut
> 'all sheets
>
> Sheets(Array("Sheet1", "Sheet3")).PrintOut
> 'all sheets in the array
>
> ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintOut
> 'print all selected sheets
>
> ActiveSheet.PrintOut
> 'only the activesheet
>
> Sheets("Sheet1").PrintOut
> 'only "Sheet1"
>

> --
> Regards Ron de Bruin
> (Win XP Pro SP-1  XL2000-2003)
> www.rondebruin.nl
>

> "Tom" <tom.preotlelane@verizon.net> wrote in message
> > I work like to know how to set up the print function so I
> > can print multiple worksheets in the same wookbook by just
> > clicking the print button.

0
jorson (10)
1/17/2004 5:17:33 PM
Hi Jim

You must use it in a macro, but the macro you can run from a Button.

For example

Sub test()
Sheets(Array("Sheet1", "Sheet3")).PrintOut
'all sheets in the array
End Sub

Where do you place this Macro???

Alt-F11
Insert>Module from the menubar
paste the sub in there
Alt-Q to go back to Excel

If you do Alt-F8 in Excel you get a list of your macro's
Select "test" and press Run

If you add a button from the Forms toolbar on you sheet it will ask you
to assign a macro.
Or right click on the button and choose "Assign macro"

If you use a button from the control toolbox you must enter the name of
the macro in the Click event of the button

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
(Win XP Pro SP-1  XL2000-2003)

"Jim Orson" <jorson@NOSPAMsatx.rr.com> wrote in message news:N6eOb.1969$Md6.709@fe2.texas.rr.com...
> Ron,
>
> I'm not the OP, but I would like to know how and where I can use the VBA.
> Do I need to use it in a macro, or maybe use a button on a worksheet or
> what?
>
> Thanks
>
> Jim Orson
>

> "Ron de Bruin" <rondebruin@kabelfoon.nl> wrote in message
> > Hi Tom
> >
> > Select the Sheets and print
> > Don't forget to ungroup the sheets
> >
> > Or use VBA
> >
> > ActiveWorkbook.PrintOut
> > 'the whole workbook
> >
> > Worksheets.PrintOut
> > 'all worksheets
> >
> > Sheets.PrintOut
> > 'all sheets
> >
> > Sheets(Array("Sheet1", "Sheet3")).PrintOut
> > 'all sheets in the array
> >
> > ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintOut
> > 'print all selected sheets
> >
> > ActiveSheet.PrintOut
> > 'only the activesheet
> >
> > Sheets("Sheet1").PrintOut
> > 'only "Sheet1"
> >

> > --
> > Regards Ron de Bruin
> > (Win XP Pro SP-1  XL2000-2003)
> > www.rondebruin.nl
> >

> > "Tom" <tom.preotlelane@verizon.net> wrote in message
> > > I work like to know how to set up the print function so I
> > > can print multiple worksheets in the same wookbook by just
> > > clicking the print button.

0
rondebruin (3790)
1/17/2004 5:58:09 PM
Ron,

Thanks.  This is just what I needed.

> Hi Jim
>
> You must use it in a macro, but the macro you can run from a Button.
>
> For example
>
> Sub test()
> Sheets(Array("Sheet1", "Sheet3")).PrintOut
> 'all sheets in the array
> End Sub
>
> Where do you place this Macro???
>
> Alt-F11
> Insert>Module from the menubar
> paste the sub in there
> Alt-Q to go back to Excel
>
> If you do Alt-F8 in Excel you get a list of your macro's
> Select "test" and press Run
>
> If you add a button from the Forms toolbar on you sheet it will ask you
> to assign a macro.
> Or right click on the button and choose "Assign macro"
>
> If you use a button from the control toolbox you must enter the name of
> the macro in the Click event of the button
>

> --
> Regards Ron de Bruin
> (Win XP Pro SP-1  XL2000-2003)
> www.rondebruin.nl
>

> "Jim Orson" <jorson@NOSPAMsatx.rr.com> wrote in message
> > Ron,
> >
> > I'm not the OP, but I would like to know how and where I can use the
VBA.
> > Do I need to use it in a macro, or maybe use a button on a worksheet or
> > what?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Jim Orson
> >

> > "Ron de Bruin" <rondebruin@kabelfoon.nl> wrote in message
> > > Hi Tom
> > >
> > > Select the Sheets and print
> > > Don't forget to ungroup the sheets
> > >
> > > Or use VBA
> > >
> > > ActiveWorkbook.PrintOut
> > > 'the whole workbook
> > >
> > > Worksheets.PrintOut
> > > 'all worksheets
> > >
> > > Sheets.PrintOut
> > > 'all sheets
> > >
> > > Sheets(Array("Sheet1", "Sheet3")).PrintOut
> > > 'all sheets in the array
> > >
> > > ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintOut
> > > 'print all selected sheets
> > >
> > > ActiveSheet.PrintOut
> > > 'only the activesheet
> > >
> > > Sheets("Sheet1").PrintOut
> > > 'only "Sheet1"
> > >

> > > --
> > > Regards Ron de Bruin
> > > (Win XP Pro SP-1  XL2000-2003)
> > > www.rondebruin.nl
> > >

> > > "Tom" <tom.preotlelane@verizon.net> wrote in message

0
jorson (10)

In excel the gridlines wont print on spreadsheets?
I can't get the gridlines to print in my spreadsheets. File/Page Setup/Sheet tab/ then tick the 'Gridlines' box in the Print area "debby" <debby@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:458182DE-26B0-4F26-BA28-DC16A041550B@microsoft.com... >I can't get the gridlines to print in my spreadsheets. debby In File>Page Setup>Sheet do you have "Gridlines" checked? Do so. Also, if "Draft Quality" is checked you will not print gridlines. Uncheck it. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Tue, 1 Mar 2005 07:09:14 -0800, "debby&quo...

Fail to Print
I have a big problem. I can print other documents in my computer with OTHER SOFTWARE. But, I cannot print email with my outlook or outlook express, what wrong with me and what can I do to fix it? ...

Changing memo printing style
Hi- Is it possible for me to change the fields that print when I print an email? (I'm using Outlook 2003) In the memo style, I've looked at "Define Print Styles" but it doesn't allow me to control which fields print. Specifically, I want to be able to add the field which shows that an email has an attachment. In previous versions of Outlook, this printed. In 2003, it does not. When printing an email for a paper record, I want to be able to see that there was an attachment and its name (not print the contents of the attachment). Thanks Doug ...

Suppressing print dialogue box
Hi, I have a multiple number of worksheets which need to be printed in on go. However I have to do something to each worksheet (same thing first before printing. Is there any way I can disable to the prin dialogue box? Simo -- sgrec ----------------------------------------------------------------------- sgrech's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1450 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=47043 ...

print only one page in a message Plain-Text
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_014E_01C60ADA.6EC09160 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi everyone! I can print only one page when a received a message in HTML format, but, = when I received a message how Plain text, I can=B4t choose only one page = ... How can I to do this?? My outlook is 2003. ------=_NextPart_000_014E_01C60ADA.6EC09160 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4....

I want to set up a booklet for print on legal paper folded in half
I tried selecting legal landscape but I am not getting the full use of 7 x 8.5 In Publisher 2000; may be the same for you: Step one is File Print setup select legal size paper Step two File Page setup Special fold Book fold Landscape OK When asked about four pages No -- Don - Publisher 2000� Vancouver, USA "islgrl" <islgrl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:00E69DCE-3C41-4112-ABFE-A9E86C5365C5@microsoft.com... >I tried selecting legal landscape but I am not getting the full > use of 7 x 8.5 If you are using Publisher 2007, setup your printer ...

Need script to print email attachment
The Rules Wizard does not have a predefined rule to print an attachment, so I was wondering if anyone had a VB script or similar that they were willing to share that I could perform under "custom action" in Rules. Thanks, Barry ...

How to set DEFAULT print options in Excel to print gridlines?
I would like to set the default page setup to print gridlines so I don't have to go tell it to print the gridlines every time I do a new document. Any way to do that? Thanks! Create a template called Book.xlt with the default settings you desire. Store this file in the XLStart folder (typically C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\XLStart ). This template will be used to create any new workbook. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "LKR" <LKR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B644E...

What does "Print to Slip (OPOS)" mean?
In the receipt properties/editor, it has an optiion for on or off. What does it do? Does it copy the original receipt + add the signature section to the merchant copy? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0872_01C6F6F2.5278E110 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Jonathan, There are printers that have both roll paper and slot/spot for paper = that you add during the sale. Usually used for work orders for service = tickets, some prints both a regular receipt and prints something on a = paper slip f...

suppressing printing of report page
I have a report that prints separate pages by department. I need to suppress the printing of a department page if the year to date net income is 0 (contained in groupfooter4). I have thought of the onnodata event but that code doesn't seem to fit this situation. Can anybody give me advice on how to do this? Thanks for all help in advance. Dave hedgracer wrote: >I have a report that prints separate pages by department. I need to >suppress the printing of a department page if the year to date net >income is 0 (contained in groupfooter4). I have thought of the >onnodata event ...

How do I stop a pop-up message when I print?
When I send a document to my printer, I get a pop-up message stating that a document has been sent to my printer. It is annoying. How can I stop this message from poppingn up every time I print? I use Microsoft Office 2003. Change the notification setting in the operating systems Print Server Properties. Look up Print Server in Windows help and Support for links. PB in DC wrote: > When I send a document to my printer, I get a pop-up message stating that a > document has been sent to my printer. It is annoying. How can I stop this > message from poppingn up every...

printing error
I have Small Business Office 2003. I can print okay in Excel, Word, jpegs etc. When I try to print a publisher "sign" I get the following error message (on a balloon on the lower right task bar) "This document failed to print. Click here to open the print queue and then for assistance click troubleshooter on the help menu". No help from troubelshooter. The page will start to print and then quit 1/2 way thru, push out the page and then start printing the page again and do it over until I cancel the print job. When it reprints the page it does not always stop printi...

Want to Printing Sheet(x) from Sheet1
Greetings, I would like to print a Worksheet from another active worksheet. Example: From Sheet1: (clicking a cell, button??) If condition 2=true print Sheet2 If condition 3=true print Sheet3 etc Objective: Printing Bank Deposits Slips: We have 5 different accounts in one Bank, we have created 5 protected worksheets each having the fixed data on them (acc# ,acc name, etc). The variable data (deposits, cash back etc) we enter them from Sheet1 using a list we send the data to the corresponding account Sheet(2-6). We want to print only the Sheet that we selected in the list field. Is this...

Tax Detail Print on Documents
In the Tax Detail Maintenance window, I've checked the Print on Documents checkbox and entered a single character code in the box. When I print the invoice, I have to remember to check the Include Tax Details Box. But, that prints too much information. I don't want the tax detail info - I just want a "T" to print beside the taxable items. I guess I have to create a calculated field in Report Writer to do this. Is that correct? I am not sure how you would do this, because the invoice that prints is the SOP Blank Options Invoice Form and the field printed is a calcu...

If Statement with 9 sequences
Hello everybody, I currently have an IF statement w/8 sequences and it is working properly. I'm doing this for tax purposes. When I try to add one more sequence, it doesn't work. basically I just want to say If B4<529,0. I want it to return a value of zero if cell B4 is < 529. Please help!!! Thanks! Daisy Daisy, maybe we can simplify your nested if, post your formula and the addition/change you want. -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering ...

Printing a workbook
I have created a workbook sheet and want parts shaded. It will not print the shaded part. Help?? I am running Office for Mac "Teddybear" <Teddybear@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AB0873F8-4FD1-465C-ADC9-0EADC90D0A89@microsoft.com... >I have created a workbook sheet and want parts shaded. It will not print >the > shaded part. Help?? I am running Office for Mac I suspect that's due to your printer and nothing to do with Excel.... ...

Printing calendars and omiting specific events
I am trying to find the option that allows you to print an Outlook calendar but gives you the option to omit specific events from being printed. I think that it's related to whether it's marked as private or not, when you enter notes. However I cannot find the option to enable this feature. I'm running Outlook 2003. Thanks. I would suggest: "My Outlook Calendar". You can download this from the SlipStick.com site, http://www.slipstick.com/addins/calendar.htm#print Customizable Word template for generating Outlook weekly and monthly calendars. Thi...

Printing in Publisher #4
I need to print single addresses on postcards one at a time and I'm having trouble. I finally see how to get the system to print one postcard, but I can't get it to print the address in the right direction and on the card. Do I have to place the postcard in a specific place to print the address? Please help! I have a toll free number if you can call; t is 877-736-7630. Thanks, again. What version Publisher? Are you using mail merge? This article will help if you are using 2003 and below: How to create postcard layouts in Publisher http://support.microsoft.com/kb/312156/en-us...

Printing a line at the end of every page
I have a spreadsheet that prints on about 70 pages. I would like to place a line at the bottom of each page. Is there a way to get Excel to do this automatically instead of manually placing the lines and having to move them each time I add rows in my spreadsheet. Thanks, Kristin Kristin, Similar to Word, you can put Page Headers and Footers on your Spreadhseet for Printing. Go to File/Page Setup and then click on the Tab for Header/Footer and then Custom Footer. You can then put either fixed text or a range of different fields, although it is significantly more limited than what y...

name of axis is not printed fully in charts
HI, The x axis name is 'YTD 2007, but only YTD is visible on the chart, how do I amend this? Hi, A known problem. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb%3ben-us%3b870698 Try adding trailing spaces and non-breaking spaces (ALT+160 numeric keypad) Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "AngelBubbles" <AngelBubbles@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:85D3B547-0526-494E-ADBE-65AA067C3051@microsoft.com... > HI, > > The x axis name is 'YTD 2007, but only YTD is visible on the chart, how do > I &g...

printing onto re printed form
how do i go about creating an excel files thatwill onto the approaite blanks on a pre printed form? take for example: i offer had to fill up a courier service pre printed air waybill form. what i normally did, i use a typewriter to fill up the approiates blanks. but how can I use excel so that when i print the pre printed form that was insert inide thae paper tray prior printing? Rdgs, Eileen I've done this by trial and error. I made a handful of photocopies of the form in question, then started placing form entries on a spreadsheet by guessing approximately where they should go...

how can I print address labels from an excel file
How can I print address labels from a file created in Excel? With great difficulty, trial and error using Excel alone. For help on Word mail merge using Excel as the data source. http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateAMailMerge.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateADataSource.htm Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Wed, 9 Feb 2005 12:57:08 -0800, bcowan <bcowan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How can I print address labels from a file created in Excel? Thanks for your help. I downloaded a free wizard from Avery...

Office beta 2011 installer wizard in 10.5.7 shows "Wrong OS version. This software needs Mac OS X 10.4.9 or later"

Buttons on excel worksheets relocating to the left when I print. .
Ever since our office computers have been updated to the latest version of Office, we have had problems with the buttons used in our spreadsheets being stacked to the left top corner of the page whenever document is printed. This has never happened before and has to be a direct result of the updates. Can I uninstall office updates??? Mike Mike http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;838910 Controls move to the left of the worksheet in Microsoft Excel 2002 But Jim Rech recently posted this: This article is now obsolete. Since the 10/12/2004 security patch there is no n...

Print Command
I have lost the CTRL P print command; does anyone know how I can get that back? -- /BJ In the Customize Keyboard dialog box, locate the FilePrint command, which you will find in the All Commands category. See which shortcut is currently assigned (if any), and reassign Ctrl+P. To open the dialog box, do the following: - Click Tools | Customize, and click the Keyboard button (Word 97-2003). - Click Office button | Word Options; in the Customize category, click Customize (Word 2007). -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "BJ" <BJ@discussions.microsoft.com...